• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

yyr

The alpha should be like this size wise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNawS9Uq9yc

Are you sure? MadCatz has done non-TE sticks before that used full-sized parts. Also, I'm not sure I could justify $80 for a stick that size. I'm not sure ANYONE could.

$40 is a fair price for the FS Mini. I'd expect the Alpha to be larger.

Before, they were sub 150, hell some of them were sub 100, completely affordable, and approachable. Now, the price is so high, that the price tag acts as a deterrent.

If someone is savvy enough to look at the used market, they'll find a lot of cheaper options. I just got a used HRAP-EX SA at Amazon (from their Warehouse Deals division) for a little over $75 shipped. It arrived today and after a bit of cleaning, it's almost as good as new.

The Alpha stick looks really crappy. And difficult to mod (it has been confirmed is moddable, at least). We got much more value out of the SFIV SE Fightstick back in the days :(

smurfx

get some go again
hope they finally got the d-pad right. they made lots of progress with the sf x tekken pad but it had some problems. the d-pad looks way different though so i'm afraid of them taking a step back. oh well i'll just return the pad if i don't like it.

BiggNife

The Alpha stick looks really crappy. And difficult to mod (it has been confirmed is moddable, at least). We got much more value out of the SFIV SE Fightstick back in the days :(

Markman's tweet was "It'll be possible to mod, just not as easy as TE/TE2," but I'm not sure what that means. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

TE2+ and TE S+ look nice. I bought an HRAP 4 Kai recently so doubt i'll be getting either any time soon. But i'd get something along the lines of the VS case design without hesitation.

Wallach

What, how? What is one supposed to do with this?

The four buttons on the left are the directional inputs. The larger button on the bottom there is actually up; it is a bit like a keyboard's WASD + Space kind of layout if that makes more sense.

I have been using a Hitbox since earlier this year and it totally replaced joysticks for me.

BadWolf

The four buttons on the left are the directional inputs. The larger button on the bottom there is actually up; it is a bit like a keyboard's WASD + Space kind of layout if that makes more sense.

I have been using a Hitbox since earlier this year and it totally replaced joysticks for me.

As someone who prefers to play on keyboard that layout is all wrong for me unfortunately.

Robot Pants

Ugly design for the TES to push people toward the 100 dollar more expensive version. You scumbags, Mad Catz. Drop these prices. The jug is up.

BadWolf

There's a learning curve but when you think about it it's way easier than wasd. Tiger knee motions, 360s and 720 you just slide your fingers.

Nah, it's because I use my right hand to do the motions with the arrow keys and my left to press the attack buttons. So it's basically the opposite of how I play.

NEO0MJ

which one you bought?

I bought this model a few months ago.

MCB89480_MCZ_TE2_PS4_001_lg.jpg

CLEEK

Edit: Looks like the Fightpad Pro doesn't have a headphone jack. God Dammit MadCatz! How am I supposed to play Street Fighter V late at night after my wife is asleep?

Put your headphones on your sleeping wife so she can't hear the telly.

These sticks look awesome. I'm not interested in the pad since the D-pad on the DS4 is good enough for me.

I do miss the "baseball bat" sticks that the arcades here in the US had in the 90s, though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thinking of getting one depending on if I choose to mod my TE1 so I can use it on PC. How easy are the original TE PS3 sticks to mod?

NEO0MJ

That stick is great it's the same as the chun-li one, the only difference with the newer models is the artwork and touchpad. Besides that model is easier to mod so you good if that's your thing.

I'm mostly just sad about the touchpad, but like I said I doubt it's worth the extra $60 considering I bought mine new at $180.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Lots of questions/comments in here. I'll try to go sift through them tonight before I gear up for PSX this weekend.

Luigi87

Hm, so the TE2+ has a remove glass top for easy artwork swapping, where as the TES+ doesn't, correct?

Custom artwork is kind of important to me, and alas I likely need a new stick to replace my incompatible Qanba Q4.

ZeroCDR

That pricing, yowch. Are they banking on incompatibility with PS3 sticks? Ultra SFIV supports them.

I'm getting the PC version anyway, I have no reason to stop using my original TE's. MadCatz got $300.00 out of me last gen, I'm gonna need a valid reason for that investment to not work with SFV.

jacobeid

Banned
That pricing, yowch. Are they banking on incompatibility with PS3 sticks? Ultra SFIV supports them.

I'm getting the PC version anyway, I have no reason to stop using my original TE's. MadCatz got $300.00 out of me last gen, I'm gonna need a valid reason for that investment to not work with SFV.

Took the words out of my mouth. GTFO out of here with no PS3 support. Seriously glad they're doing cross-server play so I can just get this on PC, but, fuck.

That pricing.

My Eightarc doesn't need replaced, and those are ugly as sin in comparison to the Eightarc anyway.

smurfx

get some go again
Pics of the FightPad PRO being held/underside here: https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/672551661517279234

He'll get to try it out tomorrow or Saturday.
oh the d-pad actually looks very similar to the sf x tekken d-pad. it just doesn't have the d-pad indentations. looks pretty comfy to hold as well. pretty optimistic about it now. the pr pictures make it seems like it's just some flat d-pad that won't have much give to it. well at least this one won't make my thumb hurt after playing for an extended time.

I think we might be at the point where these sticks are to expensive. I know it isn't possible but for me they would need to play on all consoles.

Wish they brought the V.S. series back.

I think we might be at the point where these sticks are to expensive. I know it isn't possible but for me they would need to play on all consoles.

Wish they brought the V.S. series back.

I wouldn't be surprised if people will say "if you're gonna spend that much you're gonna buy a cronus max* adapter anyway if you need one" (*a cross platform adapter).

Sticks are too expensive now, my heart nearly exploded when I bought my GG TE2. They're nice but the price jumps have been way out of proportion with improvements, like a hinge costs fifty bucks. I miss when I got the standard fight stick that came out with SF4 for fifty bucks and (with some replacement parts) is still working perfectly.

Sticks are too expensive now, my heart nearly exploded when I bought my GG TE2. They're nice but the price jumps have been way out of proportion with improvements, like a hinge costs fifty bucks. I miss when I got the standard fight stick that came out with SF4 for fifty bucks and (with some replacement parts) is still working perfectly.

A $149.99 line would be awesome.

Skilletor

Sticks are pretty much the same price they've always been, they just don't have the same variety of models we got late in the life of ps360.

Looks like the Fighstick alpha or Hori stick are what you're looking for and they're...90 and 40 respectively?

Edit:

Just went and looked through what I could find of the original TE reveal on here. People shocked at a 150 dollar stick there. lol.

Pompadour

My wife ruined the TES+ stick for me by pointing out that the Shadaloo logo looks like something that would be on an Affliction shirt.

Top Bottom