• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

are you playing tonight or what since you basically called me out

and now you will be a chump

no, we'll play tomorrow. i just started installing it and i don't have the time to play one practice game to get reacquainted with the controls since i haven't played in a couple months. settle down or i'll add +20 points to the beating you'll get!

A defense is only as bad as the guy calling the plays and making the presnap adjustments.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

with CB i know he likes to play safety and in the divisional playoff he almost exclusively started running towards the edge on every run play. i had tons of cut back yardage from him overpursuing to the outside. in his defense though his LB's were absolute garbage and got swallowed up all game.

i'm not sure why HE stopped running though. he had success the first 2 drives and then kind of stopped even though the game was still tied. although once djax went out i was able to take lots more defensive chances. that was honestly the game when he got hurt

What a waste of a season, especially defensively. I had figured out a scheme that neutralized the running game from the nickel as well as it stopped the pass and built the personnel up in that direction. In the game before ours AZ racked up over 200 yards rushing with Lynch. In our game he had 100 yards of total offense. Also 0-5 on third downs and I still lost.

I don't know what chiefs guy is doing to allow such few points, but I would like to match up with it. I wish I had started with better personnel at the start of the franchise, but I guess that's the point of this.

It was all those INTs, man. Also, you almost exclusively threw to your RB and TE, so I just started moving the safety underneath and I think that rattled you a bit. If you threw to your WRs more and kept me honest as a safety, I think you would've won.

Smokey

ij6YWnqkUt7aq.gif

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Damn Welly I was rooting for you. Like FMT said I'm not really sure why you would abandon the running game either. In our 2 games this year you were very dominate on the ground.

Did we ever decide if we were playing another year? If we are I suppose I should start scouting and figure out how I'm going to replace Dez and Anthony Spencer. Both of them refuse to resign with me. Probably because they are tired of losing seasons : /
Or because I offered them hilariously cheap contracts. :lol

Edit: LOL @ FMT and Smokey still fuckin with each other but never playing anything.. Ya'll should just kiss already.

Damn Welly I was rooting for you. Like FMT said I'm not really sure why you would abandon the running game either. In our 2 games this year you were very dominate on the ground.

Did we ever decide if we were playing another year? If we are I suppose I should start scouting and figure out how I'm going to replace Dez and Anthony Spencer. Both of them refuse to resign with me. Probably because they are tired of losing seasons : /
Or because I offered them hilariously cheap contracts. :lol

Edit: LOL @ FMT and Smokey still fuckin with each other but never playing anything.. Ya'll should just kiss already.

i'm about to play him as soon as this download finishes. probably about 5-10 mins left. wtf was this 2.5 gb update for anyways? did it fix the game?

Smokey

oh fmt

harden drops 52 and could've had 70 if i was feeling like an asshole. but i spared your soul

i'm willing to take that as a practice game for you since i'm nice

my excuse is that was my first game in forever! don't worry, i'll take a game in this series. i shot a good % but when you make 14 3's, some of them well contested and i miss open 3's what can i do!

i watch for the shot release on my guys (early, late, etc) and so then the next time i shoot with them i do what the game says (if it said early last time i hold a bit longer) and then it will say very early or something. wtf! do the shot release grades mean anything in this game?

also lulz @ all the offensive rebounds you got. i picked the pacers because hibbert is supposed to be good but he just stands there like an idiot most of the time! james harden morphs through people but i suppose that's how he gets points in real life too. that alley oop (without the oop) you had was a joke and you know it!

Smokey

my excuse is that was my first game in forever! don't worry, i'll take a game in this series. i shot a good % but when you make 14 3's, some of them well contested and i miss open 3's what can i do!

i watch for the shot release on my guys (early, late, etc) and so then the next time i shoot with them i do what the game says (if it said early last time i hold a bit longer) and then it will say very early or something. wtf! do the shot release grades mean anything in this game?

also lulz @ all the offensive rebounds you got. i picked the pacers because hibbert is supposed to be good but he just stands there like an idiot most of the time! james harden morphs through people but i suppose that's how he gets points in real life too. that alley oop (without the oop) you had was a joke and you know it!

that alley was hilarious

shot releases come with practice.

that wasn't even my final form tho. i'm missing dwight and beverely....2 starters. you let ASIK EAT

and i said i'll count this game as practice! don't let your pride blind you!

that alley was hilarious

shot releases come with practice.

that wasn't even my final form tho. i'm missing dwight and beverely....2 starters. you let ASIK EAT

and i said i'll count this game as practice! don't let your pride blind you!

lol dwight wasn't playing? i thought i saw him shooting a FT once. at least i held jeremy "dota" lin to 4 points on 1/9 shooting!

i played good D for one quarter (in the 3rd). but other than that i kept allowing offensive rebounds. it's also frustrating in the game where a play breaks down and then you have a guy running underneath and as soon as you throw the ball he starts to drift out back towards the 3 point line. what the hell are you doing!

i'll take your practice game! i'll be ready for the real series to start. if only other people had the game..... which they would if the online leagues weren't broken. maybe they will fix it next year and we can have a full league. i like playing the game!

Smokey

lol dwight wasn't playing? i thought i saw him shooting a FT once. at least i held jeremy "dota" lin to 4 points on 1/9 shooting!

i played good D for one quarter (in the 3rd). but other than that i kept allowing offensive rebounds. it's also frustrating in the game where a play breaks down and then you have a guy running underneath and as soon as you throw the ball he starts to drift out back towards the 3 point line. what the hell are you doing!

i'll take your practice game! i'll be ready for the real series to start. if only other people had the game..... which they would if the online leagues weren't broken. maybe they will fix it next year and we can have a full league. i like playing the game!

no you racist that was probably terrance jones! dwight is hurt and so is Beverley.

canaan is also a better 2k player than lin even though his rated in the 60s. dude can shoot, is quick, and has francis like jumps in the game

DietRob

I ain't gonna lie watching that game made me want to go pick it up again but I know it's still the broken f2p garbage that I sold a month after I bought it.

no you racist that was probably terrance jones! dwight is hurt and so is Beverley.

canaan is also a better 2k player than lin even though his rated in the 60s. dude can shoot, is quick, and has francis like jumps in the game

well he was a big black dude who missed FT's so i figured who else could it be but da wight!

i feel like all my powers are gone without matt carroll or orlando johnson :(

Smokey

well he was a big black dude who missed FT's so i figured who else could it be but da wight!

i feel like all my powers are gone without matt carroll or orlando johnson :(

Carroll was straight garbage

I remember Michael redd being a top 5 player in one of versions. That was great because somebody traded him to me!

DietRob

Can we please have a 3rd season?

That loss in Miami doesn't sit well, I didn't think we'd go out like that.

Yea I'd like to know if we are having another season as well. If not I might just sell madden so i can dedicate 100% of my gaming time for my RTTS All Star Pitcher. Dude has over 100 K's and it's only June.

I just had a plumber give me a $320 quote to repair a leak that an earlier plumber quoted at $1600. Turns out first dude wanted to replace my tub for no reason. So much stress just disappeared.

FMT, work on a mycareer player so he and SF Drizz Robertson can dominate the park together. I like playing one position more than team play in 2k

I just had a plumber give me a $320 quote to repair a leak that an earlier plumber quoted at $1600. Turns out first dude wanted to replace my tub for no reason. So much stress just disappeared.

FMT, work on a mycareer player so he and SF Drizz Robertson can dominate the park together. I like playing one position more than team play in 2k

wtf you didn't tell me you had a mycareer player? Drizz Robertson and Big Shot Bosh could've dominated the park together. I was the best big man!(and the only one there)

wtf you didn't tell me you had a mycareer player? Drizz Robertson and Big Shot Bosh could've dominated the park together. I was the best big man!(and the only one there)
I did tell you! Your file got deleted a few weeks before I got a ps4 I think. I even remember trying to get you to create another guy to play with me.

DietRob

WOAH.... That is amazing. I'm shedding tears of joy. Lighting is incredible. Everything about it is incredible.

I need moar.. gimmie Ferny

i used to think home warranties were a rip off. and they somewhat are.... but after having like $1500-$2000 worth of equipment/work done on my last house with a home warranty (which is about $40 a month) it ended up being worth it overall.

i only rented 2k to slay the beast known as smokey and make him play me in KI. that is my only goal!

DietRob

So Ramone is saying that they ripped out every piece of netcode in The Show and reworked everything. And due to that they caused a slew of new issues. I guess the first step in solving it is admitting it's garbage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm_qKkdHTYw

edit: oops meant to post this in the mlb OT

Smokey

So Ramone is saying that they ripped out every piece of netcode in The Show and reworked everything. And due to that they caused a slew of new issues. I guess the first step in solving it is admitting it's garbage.

2k said the same thing at one point in time.

I've earned 42k VC points by playing online! Time to dump it into MyPlayer...if I still have a file.

Ferny

Honestly, it would be awesome if the online worked, but I am more than happy to just play my franchise and RTTS solo. The fact that the save will be good year to year is a great feature that I wish 2k and Madden had.

DietRob

Yep, year to year saves is huge and I really can't believe that no sports game have done it until now. Great addition.

I actually play RTTS much more than any other gametype and I've never been in an online league. I've probably only played a handful of games online only against my cousin. But after playing through this Madden league for the first time this year and having so much fun I realized how great it would be doing it with a sport I actually liked.

brentech

Sounds like UFC Undisputed 3. Said they built the net code from the ground up for that one. Disaster. Apparently THQ can't write netcode. Although online play in that game isn't a big issue for me, I still wonder if EA will get it right in the new game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm gonna need a change of boxers after watching this smash bros Nintendo direct.

Fuck me

az i'm home whenever. i was going to whine about my long work days but then i remember my boy splat and luke doin it worse!

edit

WTF KI IS UP!? now i have to change MY boxers!

Top Bottom