• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

CB it isn't a cap issue. The game tells you that you have a certain amount of cash and then it gets spent on shit other than players after you signed your players. Its fucking stupid

I cant sign CBs because I upgraded my stadium and you guys want to punish me by making me bench my best CB for it. If we did coach mode this wouldnt even be a conversation. Your all just upset I won fa, ive done nothing wrong.

Yes the game has flaws. But that isn't the point. You threw money around recklessly. If you knew another season wasn't happening, you aren't giving him that ridiculous contract. And there has to be a way to control that kind of BS in the future. That's why I think benching for a few games instead of the whole year is the best idea here.

And owner mode is great. We just aren't experienced with it. But that has nothing to do with spending stupid money cause you won't have to deal with the consequences later.

I can afford it this season, last season of peytons contract. So id have $20M next offseason free and thats just one guy. Plus, Im the Broncos.

I miss you, FMT!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I cant sign CBs because I upgraded my stadium and you guys want to punish me by making me bench my best CB for it. If we did coach mode this wouldnt even be a conversation. Your all just upset I won fa, ive done nothing wrong.

Doubling down ALWAYS works. Keep going.

So let me make sure i get whats going on here since i got hastily informed by phee over AIM. You have cap room but cant sign free agents because you are out of money, correct?

I kinda figured it was known that renovations count against your money on hand. Pretty sure thats been discussed before. Otherwise everyone would just upgrade their stadiums to the max.

The cap isnt the amount of money you have, its how much the league allows you to spend. Its the point of the cap and why there is a separate "Available Funds" section with the amount of money you actually have.

I can understand the confusion i suppose if you havent messed around with that function before, but i have a harder time sympathizing when you threw out a contract like the Peterson one clearly designed to take advantage of the fact there probably wont be another season after this one.

Everyone else made it to 53 players.

Yes the game has flaws. But that isn't the point. You threw money around recklessly. If you knew another season wasn't happening, you aren't giving him that ridiculous contract. And there has to be a way to control that kind of BS in the future. That's why I think benching for a few games instead of the whole year is the best idea here.

And owner mode is great. We just aren't experienced with it. But that has nothing to do with spending stupid money cause you won't have to deal with the consequences later.

I won the Superbowl 2 seasons ago and had no FA signings aside from a kicker and I ended up being in the negative to start last season due to how it handles guaranteed contracts and cash owed. It is fucking stupid

I'm glad you miss FMT because he'll be back soon enough. But you're lucky I'm not bitch enough to punish your ass because you throw around fucking dumb contracts

And yeah last year of Peytons contract.... And you were gonna build your team around Petersons albatross contract? You deserve this misery

Peterson has nothing to do with this. I have cap room, id be in the negative for funds either way.
You are clearly missing the point. plenty of people had cap room for him. But nobody is going to give him seven years 130 million because it is going to be a bitch down the line. If you can't see how that is unreasonable then there is no discussion to be had. It's the equivalent of giving rashard lewis the max contract

Since this is just our first season of owners mode it will pass for now. But no excuses should be made next year. And nobody else had issues with owner mode fmt clearly robo jed york just sucks at his job

rinse82

Are we going to pretend that no one else threw more money at guys than they usually would knowing this would be the last season?

Why are we hanging Drizz on the cross?

Are we going to pretend that no one else threw more money at guys than they usually would knowing this would be the last season?

You're right, but ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY MILLION for a corner back.

I don't recall seeing anybody else throw that around. And I wouldn't know. I didn't need to participate in free agency.

Because I won FA and theyre upset! Im the real life Broncos and theyre upset about it!

No real life team would give a corner back 130 million dollars.

But if you want to keep saying we're upset because you're the "real life Broncos" (are you fucking high?) then he's getting benched and that will be my final ruling as my temporary tenure as commissioner.

rinse82

You're right, but ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY MILLION for a corner back.

I don't recall seeing anybody else throw that around. And I wouldn't know. I didn't need to participate in free agency.

Agreed, ridiculous money. But that's the contract Peterson accepted, who knows what else he was offered.

CB3

31 other people can field a full 53 man roster

CB3

Peterson has very little, or nothing, to do with that.

Something had to do with it. Something apparently no one else had an issue with. Regardless, having 53 players before the start of a game is a rule. So im unsure on what exactly you want us to do. Even big bad FMT had to pay the piper for that rule once upon a time.

oatmeal

Banned
GAME ONE OF THE SEASON

PEYTON VS. CANYON, A TALE AS OLD AS TIME.

One man, bred in a football family, his destiny was always to be a star. The other, Peyton Manning.

We'll see which QB can rack up the most runs. Take it away, Phil Simms and Jim Nantz!

Drizzler, I see your point about you having cap space and team funds shouldn't be weaved together. At the same time please stop insulting our intelligence by saying bullshit like "I'm the real life Broncos" and pretending that 130 million for a cornerback is within the realm of reason.

You are really lucky that I'm apparently as soft as FMT and nothing is happening to you.

And you spending your cap money to the very brink also isn't very smart. You were literally going down to the very last dollar, and nobody else does that.

oatmeal

Banned
Pats defer!

CRUSHED at the 14 yard line.

AND WE ARE OFF!

A quick first down to former Patriot Wes Welker!

And the Pats force the punt!

oatmeal

Banned
LONG FG try here...55 yards-ish.

Oooh, they're going for it on 4th and 2 at the 38. And I blew the tackle as I always do.

TD Broncos.

Fuck.

oatmeal

Banned
Why run down the clock on every play? I gotta finish up asap.

My guys are tripping over themselves.

A PICK BY HIGHTOWER

Unexpected. He's carving me up.

oatmeal

Banned
Boy Manning is carving me up. 41 secs left and there's no doubt he will score.

TWO near picks now...ughhhh. Gotta catch them.

Blew another tackle...almost a TD.

Fuck. So bad. SO bad.

TD Broncos.

14-7...14 secs left in the half.

oatmeal

Banned
NOOOOOO!!!!

A 69 yard pass to Gronk and he gets tackled on the 1 with no time left.

FUCK!

I darted left to avoid a tackle, but he never tried and ended up catching up. Had I gone straight I would have been fine.

Top Bottom