• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

eznark

Banned
I have no interest in playing while Nelson and Cobb are out and since I am going to Arizona tomorrow I want to spent tonight playing dota and finishing South Park. Throwing to guys who stop running routes or decide that they'd rather not catch a football is a waste of my valuable time.

This is my one Smokey sim in all the years I have played. Play the CPU, I'm not throwing to Nohands McShitroute and wasting an hour of precious PC time before I leave for a week. Put me on autopilot oh captain my captain.

eznark

Banned
I'd rather be a bird and CAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

images

Smokey

You've got to be excited for Madden '15, new QB to build from probably! Get that top draft pick Donny boost!

I haven't done any attribute progression on any players. I probably have thousands of XP to use lul. Maybe I should do that and get the BVE train back on track!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Week 9

Next vance date: Tuesday @ 10:30 am pst

I didn't realize me and Phee's game was the GOTW, but it would have lived up to the hype had it been streamed. The game was back and forth from the beginning - I don't know what has happened to my defense over the past few weeks but I could not stop Phee for anything. Not a single call or trick worked, kept finding open guys in weak spots of the coverage that are usually never seen.

In the 4th quarter I was up 21-13, phee drove down the field and ended up scoring to bring it to 21-19. Went for 2 and was unable to convert.

I took the ball over with the intention of killing clock. Bad first and second down runs that resulted in losing yards, I had to pass in order to try and maintain possession. Coming into the game I had noted that his D Ends had a high number of sacks and was careful all game to make sure not to let them come close. Those fucking guys decided to go SSJ or something but I was sacked on that 3rd down play and had to punt.

My D of course was not holding and Phee got into FG range. It was under 2 mins, I was forced to burn a timeout on a play he converted an first down on. He ran on the first down and I called another TO. He subsequently ended up with 2 incomplete passes on the next few plays and kicked the FG to get it to 22-21 with 1:21 left and I had 1 timeout. I said wtf this is perfection, I just need to get within range.

I drove down no problem to his 36 and still had my TO and approximately 40 seconds left. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have ran, hurried to the LOS for another run, then called the TO to allow myself to pick up another 8-10 yards and just kick the FG and hope for the win. Stupid me goes for a pass, ended up getting sacked. I go for another pass, another sack... at this point I am screwed so i tried to go deep again and this time was finally picked off as I tried to thread the needle. Game over. :(

- Weird stat, aside from the last pass our QBs had identical statistics.

rinse82

I didn't realize me and Phee's game was the GOTW, but it would have lived up to the hype had it been streamed. The game was back and forth from the beginning - I don't know what has happened to my defense over the past few weeks but I could not stop Phee for anything. Not a single call or trick worked, kept finding open guys in weak spots of the coverage that are usually never seen.

In the 4th quarter I was up 21-13, phee drove down the field and ended up scoring to bring it to 21-19. Went for 2 and was unable to convert.

I took the ball over with the intention of killing clock. Bad first and second down runs that resulted in losing yards, I had to pass in order to try and maintain possession. Coming into the game I had noted that his D Ends had a high number of sacks and was careful all game to make sure not to let them come close. Those fucking guys decided to go SSJ or something but I was sacked on that 3rd down play and had to punt.

My D of course was not holding and Phee got into FG range. It was under 2 mins, I was forced to burn a timeout on a play he converted an first down on. He ran on the first down and I called another TO. He subsequently ended up with 2 incomplete passes on the next few plays and kicked the FG to get it to 22-21 with 1:21 left and I had 1 timeout. I said wtf this is perfection, I just need to get within range.

I drove down no problem to his 36 and still had my TO and approximately 40 seconds left. Hindsight being 20-20 I should have ran, hurried to the LOS for another run, then called the TO to allow myself to pick up another 8-10 yards and just kick the FG and hope for the win. Stupid me goes for a pass, ended up getting sacked. I go for another pass, another sack... at this point I am screwed so i tried to go deep again and this time was finally picked off as I tried to thread the needle. Game over. :(

- Weird stat, aside from the last pass our QBs had identical statistics.

I was counting on you to win! =(

Smokey

I am ready for titanfall pc. I just picked up an origin card after returning Thief.

I just made the mGAF Titanfall squad 100x better. You're welcome

Yeah after that little episode there will be no more chanting 'BIG BALLS PH33NIX' in the middle of play.

Still was a really good GG, lots of back and forth

Ferny

If MGAF history is any indication, I would argue that the first couple weeks will likely be the only time we'd be able to get 12 people on.

Exactly, but at least we have a pretty good shot of having 6 on pretty often.

I am ready for titanfall pc. I just picked up an origin card after returning Thief.

I just made the mGAF Titanfall squad 100x better. You're welcome
You made the right choice. I was already on the squad though so you made it maybe 1x better. 100x is pushing it.

eznark

Banned
If MGAF history is any indication, I would argue that the first couple weeks will likely be the only time we'd be able to get 12 people on.

We have people on the outside looking in all the time for Dota, and the skill cap is way higher than babies first shooter. Bob won't even bail on this I bet.

eznark

Banned
Dota is the outlier. In fact, I'd even argue that it'll be one of the reasons this won't last long.

Meh, it'll be a good thing to play while I wait for a party to group up as long as it loads fast. That's the one thing keeping me from playing more BF. Even on an SSD it takes forever to get into a match.

McNei1y

OHHHH SHIT! I just remembered I had a Mail in Rebate debit card from my cellphone. I'm gonna order Titanfall on PC today woooooo

LiveWire

You playing on PC? If so, what's your Origin name?

LiveWire78

Also not to rain on Smokey's parade but this game's graphics aren't OMG. I guess it's still better than the Xbone version, but I have everything maxed and it's on par with any other PC game in the past year or two.

Sanjuro

LiveWire78

Also not to rain on Smokey's parade but this game's graphics aren't OMG. I guess it's still better than the Xbone version, but I have everything maxed and it's on par with any other PC game in the past year or two.

Graphics never really impressed. It just had fun game play from my experience with the beta. Fast and smooth.

Ferny

Yeah the graphics have been touched up a tad since beta, but I'm more interested in the gameplay which is really good imo.

Sanjuro

I'm still going to get it for XB1. If there is a demo or able to try it on my bootcamp partition, maybe I'll give it a a go. I've been seeing more reasons, mainly to play with you guys, but there hasn't been a killer app that makes me want to run out and build a PC in years.

Smokey

LiveWire78

2560x1600 (or 4096x2560 aka 16:10 4k) vs 1280x792

No contest. #icant do x1 after those screen caps I posted on the last page.

Not expecting it to be Crysis 3 but the resolution jump should make it look decent enough

brentech

Navi going haaaarrrd rat dota against empire. Tinker, Shadow Shaman, Natures Prophet, Venomancer, and then doom.

They're way behind in farm and everything, but ahead in push. Going to be an interesting finish. They might end up getting destroyed, as they're 20 kills behind.

Not expecting it to be Crysis 3 but the resolution jump should make it look decent enough

Game looked fine on xbone. Stop being whiny about resolution like the rest of the nerds on neogaf!

Sanjuro

I get you, but it's a console. Resolutions of that nature on devices that upscale are the norm.

Ferny

How is #icant a good hashtag smokey? Cmon brah

Top Bottom