• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

Sanjuro

Why does Infamous have to come out on a damn Friday? Are you too good for Tuesday!? I have all next week free. Gah.

Maybe I'll play that Metal Gear demo. I recall enjoying the series at one point in my life.

Mrbob

I like the XB1 TV Integration despite a couple flaws, very slick. TV DVR would be perfect, can't figure out why MS skipped this most important aspect.

Sanjuro

I like the XB1 TV Integration despite a couple flaws, very slick. TV DVR would be perfect, can't figure out why MS skipped this most important aspect.

It would be nice.

I don't have a DVR any more, due to on demand content being superb the last few years. Don't really see the point unless it's something quick I want to see during sports.

Smokey

but remember when you LOL'd when i told you the exact same thing. of course you came to your expert conclusion without any hands on time. CB like

Do you still have to have the xbone on to watch TV?

yeah

Mrbob

It recognizes ESPN and ESPN 2, but not ESPN News. Whenever I say ESPN News it goes to ESPN 2. You can set it up to only access HD channels if you want.

but remember when you LOL'd when i told you the exact same thing. of course you came to your expert conclusion without any hands on time. CB like

TV Watching is going to be my main feature for XB1, so at least it is ok at being a cable box extender. Still not a good game machine, TF performance is dreadful.

Smokey

TV Watching is going to be my main for XB1, so at least it is ok at being a cable box extender. Still not that of a good machine, TF performance is dreadful.

well no shit. i've said if ms wasn't so fucking stupid and delivered a decent powered machine in 2014, with everything else it does XB1 would've been amazing

well no shit. i've said if ms wasn't so fucking stupid and delivered a decent powered machine in 2014, with everything else it does XB1 would've been amazing

Xbone could've been legit if they released a true successor to 360 instead of a stupid jack of all trades master of none machine.

The controller is worse and Xbl is now trash. The only good thing about xbone is KI

Smokey

So Titanfall with texture resolution set at Insane eats my 780tis due to the VRAM. Framerate was all over the place due to the texture swapping that happens when you get to your VRAM limit.. Fucking hell I figured this could happen with the 3GB VRAM vs 6GB on Titan. Lowering it to Very High caused my framerate to stay stable at 60fps with everything else maxed @ 2560x1600.

So far I've found that people love to use the auto aim pistol. How fun.

eznark

Banned
So Titanfall with texture resolution set at Insane eats my 780tis due to the VRAM. Framerate was all over the place due to the texture swapping that happens when you get to your VRAM limit.. Fucking hell I figured this could happen with the 3GB VRAM vs 6GB on Titan. Lowering it to Very High caused my framerate to stay stable at 60fps with everything else maxed @ 2560x1600.

So far I've found that people love to use the auto aim pistol. How fun.

Something else is going on. I only have one 780ti and framerate is rock solid 60 at all times, everything turned as high as it goes. It was 56 for some reason until I turned off vsync (which was on by default).

Oh wait, you're trying to play it across three screens aren't you?

Mrbob

Sins of a Dark Age is now on Steam? Awesome.

Also, this is what 3GB of video memory gets you:

titanfall_insanec1pqt.jpg

Respawn must not have been able to poach the tech heads from Infinity Ward. Absolutely awful. You could bump down to medium and notice no difference onscreen.

Rorschach

Respawn must not have been able to poach the tech heads from Infinity Ward. Absolutely awful. You could bump down to medium and notice no difference onscreen.

lol @ "insane"

Smokey

Something else is going on. I only have one 780ti and framerate is rock solid 60 at all times, everything turned as high as it goes. It was 56 for some reason until I turned off vsync (which was on by default).

Oh wait, you're trying to play it across three screens aren't you?

I'm on my 2560x1600 screen at the moment. Think it was SLI that was doing it. Respawn said they know of issues and are working on a patch for it. I disabled SLI and tried again with one card. Bumped text res back to Insane + 8xMSAA and it was at 60.

oh wow lol

eznark

Banned
Yeah I got a code for SoaDA for being in the alpha. That is a rough game. Kind of assumed they canned it.

I have a lot of non-dota moba'ing to do tonight!

Sanjuro

it's coming with the story mode and Fulgore by the end of March!

and why do you need a lobby system when you have someone challenging you right in front of your FACE!

It kept saying I could join your game, but it wouldn't let me. Tried sending an invite and it told me I had too many people in my party. Nothing made sense.

Lobby is my favorite thing about online fighters...er, what's left of them anyways.

It kept saying I could join your game, but it wouldn't let me. Tried sending an invite and it told me I had too many people in my party. Nothing made sense.

Lobby is my favorite thing about online fighters...er, what's left of them anyways.

that is the beauty of the new XBL. nothing make sense

Mrbob

The store on XB1 is fuck awful. I actually considered buying KI last night because there is nothing else to play and I couldn't find it. Finally after I went back a screen a KI icon came up but it was only for the free version.

Mrbob

FMT your time is coming.

Forgot to mention it beforehand, but Team Trasher just played our first tournament match. It got casted and streamed out, archive is below.

Game 1
Game 2 - Refresh in a bit, full match isn't up yet
Game 3

I shouldn't watch these, getting the Dota itch again. Trying to stay away from the game so I play other ones. Last time I got into a Dota funk I ignored all other games.

McNei1y

What a terrible game that was. Why do I suck at man defense? Crow's guys are all over my receivers... when I do it, though, my guys aren't even in the game. That comeback route still fucking kills me. Then when I press, I get beat deep.

I couldn't catch a break. Force a fumble - picked up by Crow. Ball right to my corner, he drops it. Have a huge sack in the backfield with Kerrigan, white QB shrugs him off. I completed more passes to Crow's defenders than to my receivers. They seemed to know my routes better than my inept core.

Sanjuro

ggs live. this controller is so damn unresponsive at times. not that all or any of the games would've changed but its frustrating!

I haven't had that issue. The only current issue with the controller, if what I read was correct, is from the new headset update for the controller. Twice the controller just randomly shut off on me.

Controller sucks for Killer Instinct. Get a stick brosef.

DCX

This sucks the most. I had a deal where I could have snagged one of those Sanwa TE sticks for $30, but passed because nothing works on these current consoles.

I really just want Pac-Man CE on here and a working stick!

Top Bottom