• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

Splat

is "andy reid clock management" code word for 5 screen plays?

but seriously, gg. I've regressed like 10 times over last season. I can't find an open receiver like ever. its all prayer balls or they go for like 2 yard passes.
not sure what the deal is, but i suck.
I gave up on even thinking I could win somewhere in the second quarter. Madden has broken my spirits, so I just switched to him calling most my plays.

It was me running out of time to get a FG :(

Those screens got me 16 points! But this league needs more salt anyways.

I got smoked.

Learn how to defend off tackle runs coming out of a shotgun two back set. All game.

He also sets Bowe at TE and likes to run this quick out.

Oh, and screens.

wait, bowe literally lined up at tight end? that is a definite no-no in league play! or did you mean in the slot?

Rorschach

There's been lots of no-nos with some new players, but I think most of us can't be bothered to care anymore. Manual blitzing LBs, manual WRs, etc. I don't think any of these rules are in the OP anyway.

There's been lots of no-nos with some new players, but I think most of us can't be bothered to care anymore. Manual blitzing LBs, manual WRs, etc. I don't think any of these rules are in the OP anyway.

ive played most of the new guys and haven't seen any issues but maybe i need to clarify anyways! i'll update the OP.

for the new guys:

1. No manual blitzing LB's on passing plays.
2. No moving WR's into the RB or TE slots.
3. No nano blitzing
4. No manually controlling the WR while the ball is in the air.

That's all I can think of! If you are doing any of the above then cease your ingress! the percolations are imminent!

Ferny

ive played most of the new guys and haven't seen any issues but maybe i need to clarify anyways! i'll update the OP.

for the new guys:

1. No manual blitzing LB's on passing plays.
2. No moving WR's into the RB or TE slots.
3. No nano blitzing
4. No manually controlling the WR while the ball is in the air.

That's all I can think of! If you are doing any of the above then cease your ingress! the percolations are imminent!

Stop using fancy words!

Somnia

awww shit

Heroes of the Storm is on my blizzard launcher... I was never told I was in and now it's on my account page.... YES!

Kingbrave

I'm not sure what micro blitzing is but I don't do the others. I like playing on the Dline myself...which fucks me during a screen.

Sokantish

Actually I've noticed people playing on the line seem to be able to stop my screens most of the time. I'm not an expert at screens like Splat though!

Rorschach

If you play DE, you can blow up screens. It's harder this year because of the dumb physics, though. You can sniff out a screen from a mile away and still not punish it.

markmhc

Neo Member
I got smoked.

Learn how to defend off tackle runs coming out of a shotgun two back set. All game.

He also sets Bowe at TE and likes to run this quick out.

Oh, and screens.

Oh and play little defense helps. You actually stopped my screens. Charles only had 1 reception for 5 yards.

rinse82

Oh and play little defense helps and you actually stopped my screens. Charles only had 1 reception for 5 yards.

You totally outplayed me, and yeah you actually didn't run screens on me. That was more from what I took away from others that played you.

You're a tough out.

Rorschach

I just got gamers club at BB. There's 1 catch: it works on your first purchase, but then it's not active for 50 days according to the dude. So I got Infamous for the discounted price.

i got Thief on ps4 from gamefly. wow it is pretty bad. i usually have to temper against what neogaf said about a game (good or bad!) and take a bit to really decide. whether you want to or not, if you hear that a game is incredible or bad then you go into it expecting whatever you've heard. but this is pretty brutal. the framerate is pretty shitty but more than that the gameplay is boring. it's like a neutered version of dishonored

LiveWire

I just got gamers club at BB. There's 1 catch: it works on your first purchase, but then it's not active for 50 days according to the dude. So I got Infamous for the discounted price.

What? They didn't say anything about that when I bought mine today. Also says nothing like that in the Terms & Conditions on the BB website.

Smokey

This wasn't mentioned to me. Nor is it on BB FAQ.

I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was talking about. That doesn't even make sense...? If they were going to do something like that why allow you to use it one time and then make you wait almost 2 months to continue.

i got Thief on ps4 from gamefly. wow it is pretty bad. i usually have to temper against what neogaf said about a game (good or bad!) and take a bit to really decide. whether you want to or not, if you hear that a game is incredible or bad then you go into it expecting whatever you've heard. but this is pretty brutal. the framerate is pretty shitty but more than that the gameplay is boring. it's like a neutered version of dishonored

You should be playing Infamous, brother. It's the tits.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Guys I should be allowed to cheat since I've only won 2 games in both seasons. Somebody teach me hahaah

Rorschach

I'm not very good, but I can teach you some of the basics if you want. I'm not sure about the new mechanics as I haven't looked at the tutorial and it doesn't come with a manual anymore. :<

How do you direct a blocker? I saw DCX doing it, but I didn't know they brought that back.
This wasn't mentioned to me. Nor is it on BB FAQ.

I'm pretty sure he didn't know what he was talking about. That doesn't even make sense...? If they were going to do something like that why allow you to use it one time and then make you wait almost 2 months to continue.

Hoping he was full of it. He said something about it being a bundle deal for PS4 or some shit. I dunno. I'm not sure there are any non-pc releases coming up in that time anyway, but I'm sure as hell gonna test it if there are!

Well I guess I will find out when we play!

Although most of my losses have been because I've got Schaub Tannehill running the show

its so much better playing as evil in infamous. the stupid ass older lady at the beginning really annoyed me with her passive aggressiveness so i went all out on evil. i kill cops, murder protesters and grant mercy to no one! suck it down losers!

Ferny

its so much better playing as evil in infamous. the stupid ass older lady at the beginning really annoyed me with her passive aggressiveness so i went all out on evil. i kill cops, murder protesters and grant mercy to no one! suck it down losers!

I'm going for my first plat on Infamous so I started good just because I know that's the least fun run and then going fully evil on my second go.

Top Bottom