• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '16 |OT| It's Madden Season

jmizzal

online jumped from 3,000 to 9,000 people real quick lol, I hope I can catch somebody who hasnt played it on EA access and have a heads up on the new passing mode stuff

Bsigg12

So apparently if you lose connection to the EA servers playing Draft Champions, you automatically forfeit the remaining games. Fuck off EA.

So apparently if you lose connection to the EA servers playing Draft Champions, you automatically forfeit the remaining games. Fuck off EA.

Not defending EA, but that's standard for online matchmaking in Madden as well.

Edit: oh, nevermind...all remaining games? That's lame. EA servers are hardly rock solid.

forms

I am in Europe, and last year I bought Madden on my US PSN account. Problem was, I couldn't buy any MUT packs. Anyone from the EU that has bought it and tried?

pastapadre

Neo Member
Not defending EA, but that's standard for online matchmaking in Madden as well.

Edit: oh, nevermind...all remaining games? That's lame. EA servers are hardly rock solid.

You lose a single game in Draft Champions, you start over with a new team. So I guess that shouldn't be a surprise if you get a disconnect. Unfortunate but no real way around that.

Stupid Amazon pushed back my delivery a day because I simply added a gift card to my payment method.

Complete shit. Anyway, should have this mid-day Wednesday on Xbone.

is there any expanded local play options? like pitting two ultimate teams together? or is local couch play still pretty much just relegated to 'play now'

the menu in this game has lower framerate than the rest of the game

Man, even with a hybrid drive installed, this one long, janky loading game. I hope they patch it down to something much more tolerable.

Assuming you're on PS4? On Xbox One, if you experience slowdown you need to clear the xbox one cache, but I wonder if you also need to do the same on PS4? With the EA Access early release I was really having slowdown and framerate issues, then I followed the instructions (in OP) to clear my cache and it ran about the same as last year which is pretty smooth.

Stat!

Looking to play some Draft Champions as well as some h2h online with someone and a mic.

Is it possible to do co-op seasons as well?

PSN: Stat_09 or PM me and I can add you

If anybody traded in Madden 15 at best buy for the $20 gift card and $10 off coupon towards madden 16 be prepared for a hassle. The damn coupon did not work and the manager would not override the price, he told the cashier to make a few phone calls and that there was nothing he could do. As expected the offices he called were not able to help, they wanted him to open up a case and it would be resolved in approx 5 days. Well since the damn coupon expires before then, the cashier just overrided the price without asking his manager. I lost my preorder bonus, because he initially thought that's what caused the coupon not to work. I don't even care for MUT anyways. Just happy I got the game for $30.

If anybody traded in Madden 15 at best buy for the $20 gift card and $10 off coupon towards madden 16 be prepared for a hassle. The damn coupon did not work and the manager would not override the price, he told the cashier to make a few phone calls and that there was nothing he could do. As expected the offices he called were not able to help, they wanted him to open up a case and it would be resolved in approx 5 days. Well since the damn coupon expires before then, the cashier just overrided the price without asking his manager. I lost my preorder bonus, because he initially thought that's what caused the coupon not to work. I don't even care for MUT anyways. Just happy I got the game for $30.

No hassles ordering online with free release date delivery!

KaYotiX

Banned

I tried to cheese it because I was losing my last game.... I see why they did it that way lol

Also one loss and it's over anyways.

Bsigg12

I tried to cheese it because I was losing my last game.... I see why they did it that way lol

Also one loss and it's over anyways.

Yea. I was just frustrated last night because I had a great draft and in the first two games had 350 rushing yards with Terrell Davis.

As a side note, I do recommend people go through the training stuff. They actually did a really good job of explaining things like beating a Cover 1/2/3 or what you're looking for on a trap play or as the running back on a power/sweep.

Soupy

Banned
So I was planning on picking up Madden 16 on PS4 again. But I ended up winning a copy from the Uber Giveaway yesterday so Xbox One is my Madden home this year. :)

I had my first MUT game last night with my rated 76 team. The person I was playing against already had almost all Elite players on their team. However he still only beat me by one touchdown.

BadAss2961

Can't believe these guys made me play through a Steelers super bowl victory.
scust.png

Other than that... Having not played Madden since '09, i'm very impressed by the improvements they've made since then. The gang tackling and new physics make all the difference. Also loving the new receiver abilities. Aggressive catch is OP, but it looks so good. Finally got real fade route plays.

Getting a silky smooth 60fps on PS4 during gameplay.

Porsche9146

Neo Member
Wait what why are the Steelers in the Super Bowl they're the third best team in a division with the Browns in it

Also why is the frame rate so terrible for this

EDIT: Can I just keep intentionally not intercepting this pass so the Steelers don't win, or does it eventually force me to win?

EDIT 2: It forces me to win. Why.

BadAss2961

Wait what why are the Steelers in the Super Bowl they're the third best team in a division with the Browns in it

Are you on Xbox? Guys keep talking about having to clear your cache to make the game run better.

EDIT: Can I just keep intentionally not intercepting this pass so the Steelers don't win, or does it eventually force me to win?

EDIT 2: It forces me to win. Why.

They said there's some branching storylines in that intro. When I first played last year's NFC Title Game prediction, I lost with Cam Newton and had to replay it to win.

Also, if your game is running like shit, check the OP, you have to clear your cache on Xbox One. Really odd that you should have to do this but the game ws running TERRIBLE for me when I first got it, then cleared the Xbox One cache, and voila, much better.

Spades

If anyone in the US is able to get hold of a Doritos code for me (gives you an 85 OVR LT from Target only), I'd gladly pay or trade you for it. Can't get that promo here in the UK. PM me if you can help!

I've only been through 2 games and, while SUPER early, I really like it, way better than 15. Graphically... hard to tell them apart. The presentation and announcing was pretty much untouched. But the passing - being able to touch pass, throw high, throw low, etc., is a GREAT addition. In just two games, Ive had 3 awesome passing plays happen, two for me, one against, that wouldnt have happen in any of the previous Maddens. Even the running game seems improved. I had a probably the most exciting one yard run of my life with Frank Gore.

BizzyBum

I'm on PS4 and can't download any of their online updates at the start. I assume EA's servers are shitting the bed.

augmental

Did anybody get their preorder bonus from Best Buy? I haven't received anything. Do you get it when you pick up the game?

ViciousDS

Banned
Went in to pick up until dawn but everyone was grabbing madden at Best Buy even local officers lol. 500 copies and they were down to 16 left when I got there.....shits selling....damn

Jas

Did anybody get their preorder bonus from Best Buy? I haven't received anything. Do you get it when you pick up the game?

When I picked mine up this morning I got an email by the time I got home with the code for the 10 pro packs from Best Buy...of course it didn't work, haha. Emailed them and now waiting for a reply.

Lrrr

I understand the opening game between the Steelers/Cardinals was designed to teach players the new mechanics, but with the skills training being a big part of the experience, it was redundant and unnecessary. Its execution being laughably bad - and the fact that you can't skip it - didn't help matters. All of the voice work was poor, especially Antonio Brown's, "He Holding Me!" line and I didn't enjoy watching the letterbox cutscenes in, what appeared to be, 15fps.

I played a game of draft champions and everything felt good, but Madden is one of those titles that, usually, feels great immediately, but the more you play it, the more flaws you uncover.

Xyrmellon

So is everyone having server issues? I haven't been able to play all day because the game locks up when connecting to EA servers.

Pejo

Can't believe these guys made me play through a Steelers super bowl victory.
scust.png

Other than that... Having not played Madden since '09, i'm very impressed by the improvements they've made since then. The gang tackling and new physics make all the difference. Also loving the new receiver abilities. Aggressive catch is OP, but it looks so good. Finally got real fade route plays.

Getting a silky smooth 60fps on PS4 during gameplay.

Really glad to read the bolded. My copy is sitting at Best Buy waiting for me to get out of work.

Smokey

Mine was in my email. Just redeemed it. It's 10 Pro packs and a Playmaker Pack.

I think you get 1 Pro pack a week... and the Playmaker pack right away?

Also if someone gets a MUT code and isn't interested at all in playing it, I'll gladly take your code!

Stat!

Anyone up for playing with a bit of a Madden beginner? Haven't played in years, have trouble kicking off :(

Have a mic as well! PSN: Stat_09

Anyone know how to pull the camera back? Finding it close as hell. And the settings menu is laggy as hell

jmizzal

Mine was in my email. Just redeemed it. It's 10 Pro packs and a Playmaker Pack.

I think you get 1 Pro pack a week... and the Playmaker pack right away?

Also if someone gets a MUT code and isn't interested at all in playing it, I'll gladly take your code!

PS4 or Xbox one? If you have it on xbox one i'll give you mine, just pm me, i'll send it to u a lil later

Pro-tip: If you intend to play a single player franchise (coaching, managing, or controlling one player), I HIGHLY suggest not choosing the cloud-based option. Store locally.

I lost progress and my ability to play since I did the cloud option. Absurd. I'm restarting offline.

Bread

Banned
Pro-tip: If you intend to play a single player franchise (coaching, managing, or controlling one player), I HIGHLY suggest not choosing the cloud-based option. Store locally.

I lost progress and my ability to play since I did the cloud option. Absurd. I'm restarting offline.
the simulation speed is ridiculous using the cloud though

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Played a solo challenge in MUT, completed it successfully, the game shows the screen telling me I won the coins and card pack, then I go out to MUT screen and it says I never completed the event.

Way to go, EA.

Bread

Banned
Played a solo challenge in MUT, completed it successfully, the game shows the screen telling me I won the coins and card pack, then I go out to MUT screen and it says I never completed the event.

Way to go, EA.
yup i'm getting this too god dammit!

Top Bottom