• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '16 |OT| It's Madden Season

I bought Madden 15 last year and remembered how horrible I am at it. After nearly breaking my controller during what seemed like my millionth online loss I vowed not to buy 16...and then I downloaded the EA Access demo...and then I bought the deluxe version. FML.

I bought Madden 15 last year and remembered how horrible I am at it. After nearly breaking my controller during what seemed like my millionth online loss I vowed not to buy 16...and then I downloaded the EA Access demo...and then I bought the deluxe version. FML.

Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Just gotta practice, not that I should give anybody any advice. I think that the training things they have in practice mode are really helpful at diagnosing a defense, audible to something else, and then work that play. On Defense, I always play really conservative and plan for the offense to make a mistake at some point in the drive.

I don't play a lot of random play now online matches though... Maybe 5 a year at the most. Mostly just play with friends in small franchises.

w411DEE.gif

Just gotta practice, not that I should give anybody any advice. I think that the training things they have in practice mode are really helpful at diagnosing a defense, audible to something else, and then work that play. On Defense, I always play really conservative and plan for the offense to make a mistake at some point in the drive.

My main problem is defending passes. I can shut down the run, I can score decently well if I can get my O-line to block but dammit I can't stop a single pass either letting the cpu play defense or if I swap to the player. I swap to the player, I lose my focus, then they score...every...single...time.

Office_Space

Neo Member
Would anyone on PS4 be interested in a general manager type simulation only online franchise? Where we control everything with the teams but don't play any games? Would be fun with a bunch of people.

I would be down for that. Do you know if you can connect to your leauge or franchise from a computer to make changes and stuff? Either way, let me know if you get this started.

Haven't played a madden game in years. Honestly prefer ncaa but I might snag this tomorrow.

How tragic was the end of NCAA. they said that maybe the game will return....honestly i don't believe it at least in the near future. Too bad, NCAA was really doing good games, NCAA14 was a really solid game.

I liked Madden 15 maybe will buy this one. But also like more NCAA games.

I've been having a helluva good time with this year's Madden, but I don't much of a 'high bar' for yearly sports games so take that as you will

Stat!

Anyone up for playing with someone who hasn't played Madden in like 5 years and not a huge football fan?

I have a mic,and just want to play some friendly games (including some draft champion games).

PSN: Stat_09 or PM here !

My main problem is defending passes. I can shut down the run, I can score decently well if I can get my O-line to block but dammit I can't stop a single pass either letting the cpu play defense or if I swap to the player. I swap to the player, I lose my focus, then they score...every...single...time.

I have to figure out how to defend the pass in M16 because it was really difficult to defend in Madden 15 so I'd overload on predictable routes. In Madden 15, the underneath stuff was always open and so easy to convert into big yardage, and then the corner routes to good tight ends as well. Those have both been nerfed a bit for Madden 16 but other routes have opened up. Cover 2 zone was effective in Madden 15, and if you used the pre-snap adjustments (Y + right analog stick DOWN to play underneath; Y and right analog stick RIGHT to play on the outside), you could do a pretty effective job at shutting those easy routes down. Once you shut down those two money routes, players have to do something else and that's where they might make mistakes. In Madden 15, the game favored the offense so much that it was mostly a game of trying to get one stop in online 6min quarter games. If you got +1 on turnover/stop ratio, that meant you basically won. If you were -1 you'd lose (almost every time). If it was even then it'd come down to the clock usually.

I bought Madden 15, got my money's worth and was satisfied.

Footage of M16 comes out and I'm like... "That's the same damn game"

But then Draft Champions was announced and it looked like a lot of fun

So then I basically accepted it...

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

Picking up tomorrow after work, gonna grind some MUT solo challenge and Draft Champions (going to try to win one with all 32 teams, 96 games right there already lol)

And if they patch CFM, then I'll probably play that later on.

Might get the Ultimate Edition (unless that was pre order only) because I got GCU at Best Buy.

I'm thinking of getting the digital version of Madden 16 for either the PS4 or Xbox One. I've got a hybrid drive in my PS4 but I haven't played the series much until recently so I'm not sure if it will enhance the experience much. I've got EA Access on my Xbox One and played the trial there. I prefer to play my PS4 most of the time.

I imagine last years versions were minimally different but if there were slight differences, what were they?

The big draw for me is the Ultimate team mode. If I pre-order tonight, which version should I get? I'm open to buying any for the preorder bonuses but the middle tier option looks best to me. I also noticed that EA Access makes it cheaper to buy there on Xbox. I've got tons of Amazon credit so I could funnel money to either digital platform to buy the game.

forms

I just got into Madden last year. A problem I had was most online players were trying to cheese their way to victory all the time. Then again I enjoyed single player.

Is mut popular online?

pastapadre

Neo Member
I'm thinking of getting the digital version of Madden 16 for either the PS4 or Xbox One. I've got a hybrid drive in my PS4 but I haven't played the series much until recently so I'm not sure if it will enhance the experience much. I've got EA Access on my Xbox One and played the trial there. I prefer to play my PS4 most of the time.

I imagine last years versions were minimally different but if there were slight differences, what were they?

The big draw for me is the Ultimate team mode. If I pre-order tonight, which version should I get? I'm open to buying any for the preorder bonuses but the middle tier option looks best to me. I also noticed that EA Access makes it cheaper to buy there on Xbox. I've got tons of Amazon credit so I could funnel money to either digital platform to buy the game.

I gave XB1 a slight edge the last two years for Madden. There's also some level of preference involved obviously, having to do with controller and if you play online, where most of your friends would be. From what I've heard however the PS4 version runs considerably better this year. I won't have played the PS4 one until tomorrow to see for myself though.

I gave XB1 a slight edge the last two years for Madden. There's also some level of preference involved obviously, having to do with controller and if you play online, where most of your friends would be. From what I've heard though the PS4 version runs considerably better this year. I won't have played the PS4 one until tomorrow to see for myself though.

I don't have any friends that would play this and I prefer the PS4 controller (although I love the bottom Xbox One triggers). I was hoping someone running a PS4 with a hybrid drive installed could tell me if there was any performance issues/improvements while running last years version. Even a minor improvement would make up for the extra 6 or 7 bucks I would end up paying for that version when factoring in a Xbox One discount provided the graphics were identical.

I don't have any friends that would play this and I prefer the PS4 controller (although I love the bottom Xbox One triggers). I was hoping someone running a PS4 with a hybrid drive installed could tell me if there was any performance issues/improvements while running last years version. Even a minor improvement would make up for the extra 6 or 7 bucks I would end up paying for that version when factoring in a Xbox One discount provided the graphics were identical.

I have Madden 15 installed on an ssd on my PS4. I never noticed much improvement, and it still took forever to get to the game because of EA's crap. I even have Madden 15 on the Xbox One and never really felt like one was slower than the other.

FWIW, I never took a stopwatch to the two, just going by feeling here.

I basically just went with the PS4 because I play it more and I'm hoping my investment in that hybrid drive simply makes transitions smoother. I doubt it will make too much of a difference in any area from the sound of it but if it makes it less janky in any small aspect, I'll consider that a win.

Although I did love the color of the Xbox One version. I hope the PS4 version isn't too muted. I ehard the PS4 versions of Madden are a bit less poppy when it comes to bright colors.

The file is 4.8 GB. I find that disappointing for some reason. I never downloaded a Madden before but that seems kinda small to me but it is a sports game, afterall.

augmental

I just got the game today via the Uber giveaway. Has anyone noticed that your kicking unit goes out on the field to begin the game even if you aren't kicking off but are receiving to start? I assume it's just a canned animation but it's pretty silly to see them lineup and then it completely switches and your team is receiving the kickoff.

Lucian

I just got the game today via the Uber giveaway. Has anyone noticed that your kicking unit goes out on the field to begin the game even if you aren't kicking off but are receiving to start? I assume it's just a canned animation but it's pretty silly to see them lineup and then it completely switches and your team is receiving the kickoff.
Haven't gotten my copy yet, but that sure sounds like Madden.

mrpookles

I'm still deciding whether to get it. Every year I say I'm going to hold off... then I always get hyped around release time.

The reviews must be coming out soon?

Idk about that. Game stutters on occasion but its fairly smooth during gameplay, yes. Its when your out of plays the framerate turns to shit.

I could be wrong about the 60fps though, I'm no expert.

60 fps single player, 6 fps online

I'm still deciding whether to get it. Every year I say I'm going to hold off... then I always get hyped around release time.

The reviews must be coming out soon?

Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) is calling you! You know you want to open some packs.

Xone9

Banned
i made the mistake of getting 15 digital online.. wont let that happen again.
Madden is a game you trade in.

So, I have the standard version of m16 preordered at WorstBuy. Anyone employes of theirs know if I can change to deluxe edition when I pick up and pay the diff. Thanks.

abrack08

Anyone know what time this unlocks on PSN? Midnight local time (Central, for me), or is it Midnight Eastern for everyone?

Anyone whos up for a game at midnight hit me up. Sully907 on PSN. I'm getting it at 8pm Alaska time heh. pretty cool they are doing the rolling release like that

Top Bottom