• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL '16 |OT| It's Madden Season

lol meant to quote the other guy, but yea. still works.

CisWZ1n.jpg

I really dislike people who go for it on 4th. It's he first quarter, 2 minutes into the game. 4th and 9 and guy this guy I'm playing online goes for it.

He completes the pass of course. Fucking douche.

Look at the positive side - if you can stop him, he's probably giving you great field position.

krpiper

Draft Champions is a cool mode, I wish the quarters were a bit longer though. Also it would be cool if we could customize jersey colors vs using NFL ones. Its so wrong seeing Rodgers in purple and yellow....

Lrrr

I know Madden doesn't have a real photo mode, but no one is taking in-game pics to post in here? Let's see some non EA bullshots please. :D

U2NUMB

Holy shit the lag in the menus is so bad.. I am about to hold off on buying day one to make sure it is not there. Has been so painful for me.

League has a reputation for very arbitrary rules that are hastily applied. Gaf talks my man, word gets around.

The only people talking are the two members from the league you're in that didn't last in our league. Stop trying to discredit my league. My league is still running strong and finishing up our last season right before madden 16 with a solid group of guys. We don't bash vets league we leave you guys alone. We basically take the leftovers of all the guys that are rejected from vets and run fine. Taking cheapshots at us when you know nothing about our league is low man.

The only people talking are the two members from the league you're in that didn't last in our league. Stop trying to discredit my league. My league is still running strong and finishing up our last season right before madden 16 with a solid group of guys. We don't bash vets league we leave you guys alone. We basically take the leftovers of all the guys that are rejected from vets and run fine. Taking cheapshots at us when you know nothing about our league is low man.

albatross isn't in the vets league doe and hasn't been in it for a couple years

Is it just me or do the players look more realistic while running? It's a welcome change.

Has anyone experimented with the differences between "playing the ball" and going for a swat, or is the swat button removed?

Would anyone on PS4 be interested in a general manager type simulation only online franchise? Where we control everything with the teams but don't play any games? Would be fun with a bunch of people.

Sounds like something that might be up my alley. Though my unorthodox schedule might pose a challange.

LJ11

More testing needed but it's not too bad. I did get destroyed by Calvin tho...

they are definitely powerful, but i think good CB play can mess up the aggressive catch animations easily

we both had some big plays using aggressive catches, but we were also able to pick a few balls off. it's risky.

From what I've seen, if you control the WR and pass lead right, game over, your ass is getting posterized. Obviously you need a tall receiving option, but it looks to be easier than last year. The WR just cycles through the animation faster than the DB.

Whatever, if you play sim league it will be okay, but for MUT it's going to be a headache, maybe more so than last year.

Miracle

Haven't bought a Madden game in years. Strongly considering this one but some of the negative impressions are turning me off a bit...

What to do...

albatross isn't in the vets league doe and hasn't been in it for a couple years

Regardless he's a part of your circle of friends. He's never been involved in anyway shape or form in my league so for him to take a shot at me obviously shows theres an agenda here. You've been a part of my league and have had no issues but basing on this comment i assume you agree with him.

Relax Almighty, I'll remove the joke from the OP. I can assure you FMT has never said anything about your league. Hopefully nobody gets sour about the Xbox league being the "League of doom."

Haven't bought a Madden game in years. Strongly considering this one but some of the negative impressions are turning me off a bit...

What to do...

So far it's improved on M15, and M15 was definitely the best Madden since Madden 2005 or 2006 on PS2/Xbox. Definitely has flaws but, so far, it seems like a very balanced playing game.

The original reports of extreme slowdown on X1 can be fixed by clearing your system cache, and then it runs stable.

Darkman M

Is it just me or do the players look more realistic while running? It's a welcome change.

Has anyone experimented with the differences between "playing the ball" and going for a swat, or is the swat button removed?

Coming from someone who hasn't played th game, but has watched many hours twitch, animations have definitely been upgraded from 15. I have seen quite a few new cool tackling animations as well.

Regardless he's a part of your circle of friends. He's never been involved in anyway shape or form in my league so for him to take a shot at me obviously shows theres an agenda here. You've been a part of my league and have had no issues but basing on this comment i assume you agree with him.

Tross is my bro for sure but I can assure you I have never discussed your league with him

rinse82

Jump to conclusions mat

So sensitive

Hawk269

Relax Almighty, I'll remove the joke from the OP. I can assure you FMT has never said anything about your league. Hopefully nobody gets sour about the Xbox league being the "League of doom."

So far it's improved on M15, and M15 was definitely the best Madden since Madden 2005 or 2006 on PS2/Xbox. Definitely has flaws but, so far, it seems like a very balanced playing game.

The original reports of extreme slowdown on X1 can be fixed by clearing your system cache, and then it runs stable.

How do you clear the cache?

Pop

What to do...

Impressions are ok and all but you should really be judging for yourself. What do you see.

I haven't bought a Madden since '05, def picking this one up.

League has a reputation for very arbitrary rules that are hastily applied. Gaf talks my man, word gets around

I guess this is suppose to be a joke to right? This is what annoyed me. If it was someone who participated in my league I'd understand. But when it's someone who knows nothing about it I take offense. I'm not going to sit back while vets league and friends take unwarranted pot shots on my league whether it's on here, twitch or wherever. All I ask is you show the same respect I show their league.

Relax Almighty, I'll remove the joke from the OP. I can assure you FMT has never said anything about your league. Hopefully nobody gets sour about the Xbox league being the "League of doom.

Bread

Banned
From what I've seen, if you control the WR and pass lead right, game over, your ass is getting posterized. Obviously you need a tall receiving option, but it looks to be easier than last year. The WR just cycles through the animation faster than the DB.

Whatever, if you play sim league it will be okay, but for MUT it's going to be a headache, maybe more so than last year.
I think a skilled defender has a good chance at picking it, we'll see after a few more weeks of gameplay.

PRBoricua

Whoever figured out the cache trick on Xbox One has totally saved me from cancelling my pre-order. If you haven't cleared your cache make sure you do so if you're seeing framerate drops, it's a world of difference.

mr2xxx

Banned
I'm getting it despite the fact I don't really play the actual game, I just do all the Sim stuff. Since I had a gamers club card from best buy and last year's copy to trade in, it was practicly free.

If we can actually get our league going and not flame out, I'll accept that name with pride.

Speaking of, anyone want to join the xbox one league? Plenty of spots open!

I'm not sure if its same x1 league that had a thread the other day or not but I'm down to do both of em. If possible dibs on Cincy. I've really only ever played Madden the last 20 years being them even through the 90s when they were year in and year out the worst team in the game. Man was that a tough decade to be a Bengals fan lol. Anyway add me on Xbl
Gt:Ronzilla29

How do you clear the cache?

I have quick directions in the OP (At the bottom), but I've also put longer directions here -- Madden 16 Framerate & Clearing the Xbox One Cache

1. Shut down the Xbox by holding the power button on the console for about 10 seconds. This powers the console down.
  2. Wait 5 seconds
  3. Unplug the power supply
  4. Press the power button on the Xbox 2 or 3 times (sounds crazy but it discharges the CMOS battery inside the Xbox that prevents surges) while the power supply is unplugged
  5. Plug the power supply back in, wait about 5 – 10 seconds for the light on the PSU to turn to yellow
  6. Press the power button on the Xbox One and it’ll boot up (Boots a little longer than usual)

You're basically just power cycling but pressing the Xbox button while the console is off will ensure that it clears out.

Jarate

Banned
I'm getting it despite the fact I don't really play the actual game, I just do all the Sim stuff. Since I had a gamers club card from best buy and last year's copy to trade in, it was practicly free.

I was in the same boat as you, but you should check out Front Office Football 7 on steam or the Football sim that the Out of the Park guys are apparently making.

I really dislike people who go for it on 4th. It's he first quarter, 2 minutes into the game. 4th and 9 and guy this guy I'm playing online goes for it.

He completes the pass of course. Fucking douche.

Statistically it makes sense to go for it on practically every single 4th down play. IDK why people get so salty at 4th down conversions unless we discover some type of Madden mechanic that helps players on 4th down.

I guess this is suppose to be a joke to right? This is what annoyed me. If it was someone who participated in my league I'd understand. But when it's someone who knows nothing about it I take offense. I'm not going to sit back while vets league and friends take unwarranted pot shots on my league whether it's on here, twitch or wherever. All I ask is you show the same respect I show their league.

Fair Enough #AllLeaguesMatter

Top Bottom