• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

every hero must suffer setbacks on his quest for greatness. i forgive you alex... i forgive you!

here was the game though:

1st possession fumble by frank gore. fg for ramirez

interception thrown by alex smith to spiderman, or whatever ramirez' LB's name is!

interception thrown by alex smith because i made a stupid read :(

interception thrown by alex smith despite the fact that i threw no where NEAR polamalu, but for some reason the ball sailed that way

interception on the goal line on 4th down as i tried to force it in.

my run D was stout! frank had his best game of the year which isn't saying much. i just can't get him going!

gg, better that i lose an out of conference game!

Fifty...are you around this late? I'm up for playing our week 3 game if you are. If not, I should be available most of the evening tomorrow.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Jesus I f-ing stink at this game.I swear EA made this Texans team 10 times worse than any other I have played with over the last few years.

GG Luke,couldnt stop you at all.

Lag was kinda annoying,most likely my connection which has been shit tonight.

Fifty said:
Why yes, yes I am. Give me a lobby to meet you in and I can be there in 5. You host

Holy shit....I didn't think you'd answer!!!! Let me turn off the SHOCK and send you an invite....

What's your gamertag???

Fifty

what the heck happened there. I've never seen a disconnection at the very start of a game, and no I don't have a mic. hope it works now

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
Jesus I f-ing stink at this game.I swear EA made this Texans team 10 times worse than any other I have played with over the last few years.

GG Luke,couldnt stop you at all.

Lag was kinda annoying,most likely my connection which has been shit tonight.

GG Matrix, you really started to grind it out with Ahman Green in the second half. Soft underbelly of the Colts LB core EXPOSED!

Lag was really frustrating, I wasn't trying to cheese the kick-offs, thats how much trouble I was having with the meter :(

Rorschach

GG Cold, you played it brilliantly and great user pick.

On my side I threw a couple of questionable passes, BUT the game was doing everything it could to fuck me over. First of all, it replaced my KR and WR with guys I don't even have in THIRD team. Second, it kept replacing my RBs with Fargas without telling me. The number on the playcall screen would say 34, but then I would see Fargas' inept ass on the field. Third, I would push A button to throw to my A receiver and it would throw to the complete opposite side of the field to my X receiver...I thought maybe EA sneaked an update in, but it hasn't. Wow! And Jones can't be stopped by 5 tackles...even Burgess and Morrison couldn't wrap him up TOGETHER. My head wasn't in the game since I have more pressing issues right now, but that bs just adds to the frustration.

All in all, cold deserved that win for sure, but the retardedness that the game displays at times still gets to me, I admit. Even when I don't care about the outcome, it still irks me that sometimes the game is just balls out against you and sometimes it kisses your ass.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Jones_XBody_1121.JPG

Fifty

Damn what a batshit insane game. It deserved to be a tie. I made plenty of dumb decisions and in the end won it in OT because Vince Young is the second coming of Football Jesus.

OT. I'm at his 44 yard line with the ball.

I was about to get sacked (AGAIN!) because I'm dumb and instead Vince Young automatically breaks one tackle, I run forward, he breaks another and then I juke up to the 21 yard line and get the easy FG. I didn't really earn that win. I'm so glad I have a bye this upcoming week so I can figure out how to consistantly win. That was a big game by Young, but he can't save me every game

Good luck in your next game matt.

Fuck Vince Young. It's in overtime and I have him sacked....or so I thought. He shrugs off two guys and then breaks a tackle on his way to a 30-yard scramble to set up the game-winning field goal. It's almost as much bullshit as the random fumbles that we had.

Good game. I'm just really mad at myself for blowing it, but I guess we both shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Damn what a batshit insane game. It deserved to be a tie. I made plenty of dumb decisions and in the end won it in OT because Vince Young is the second coming of Football Jesus.

OT. I'm at his 44 yard line with the ball.

I was about to get sacked (AGAIN!) because I'm dumb and instead Vince Young automatically breaks one tackle, I run forward, he breaks another and then I juke up to the 21 yard line and get the easy FG. I didn't really earn that win. I'm so glad I have a bye this upcoming week so I can figure out how to consistantly win. That was a big game by Young, but he can't save me every game

Good luck in your next game matt.

olajuwon_nbae_011110.jpg

Fifty

Thanks for doing my team stats. Also, I think that fumble of yours in the third was one of those BS ones that the game wants you to challenge. Nice PR TD by the amazing Reggie Bush. He seemed to go through a wall of my players! I was happy that wasn't the deciding play, but if it was it would have been one of the crazier ways to win I've seen.

edit: haha, my team is first with 8 fumbles recovered in 3 games. 2nd place has 3! Either people are ignoring that stat at the far right of the screen, or I'm the shit.

Fifty said:
Thanks for doing my team stats. Also, I think that fumble of yours in the third was one of those BS ones that the game wants you to challenge. Nice PR TD by the amazing Reggie Bush. He seemed to go through a wall of my players! I was happy that wasn't the deciding play, but if it was it would have been one of the crazier ways to win I've seen.

I'm a fucking idiot because I COMPLETELY forgot to challenge those fumbles. The Bush return was almost as stupid as the Young scramble :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
dammitmattt said:
Fuck Vince Young. It's in overtime and I have him sacked....or so I thought. He shrugs off two guys and then breaks a tackle on his way to a 30-yard scramble to set up the game-winning field goal.
gints099.jpg

Rorschach

That's what happens when you baby QBs so much. It actually translates to Madden because I've been called for roughing a bunch of times for hitting as the dude throws it. :lol

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
That's what happens when you baby QBs so much. It actually translates to Madden because I've been called for roughing a bunch of times for hitting as the dude throws it. :lol
When can we get down for Week 3?

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
When can we get down for Week 3?

DCX
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can go right now if you can. If you can't, then I'm not sure when I'll be around today...probably around 7pm PST. Actually, why don't you tell me when you can go since my schedule is going to be very erratic the next 2 days. :p

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can go right now if you can. If you can't, then I'm not sure when I'll be around today...probably around 7pm PST. Actually, why don't you tell me when you can go since my schedule is going to be very erratic the next 2 days. :p
I can go now. Meet you online.

DCX

Fifty

What's that supposed to mean?

I like your dedication, even signing your ellipses.

edit: oh, you're losing 19-0. That'd be a good start if you were me. I'm glad I don't have the Browns. Washed up Jamal Lewis needs to pound the rock!

DCX

DCX
Big Zep said:
That type of sarcasm cant be missed...what happened?
Nothing man, i had a Madden 08 type of games full of super DBs and fumbles galore from me, and i have stone handed DBs and i can't pick up any fumbles...Rors and i shall speak amongst ourselfs with my issue. Thx for the concern.

DCX

Rorschach

Welp, that's about right...both of us had the AI doing stupid shit on offense, but DCX had them actually turn it over. I find that sometimes, your receivers won't go after the ball at all. They'll duck and let the person who is BEHIND them catch it. It's stupid. I realized what kind of retarded 67 vs 67 game it was going to be in the waning moments of the 1st quarter, so I decided to play it safe.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
That kind of reminds me.

Anyone have their RB just decide to run back towards the screen (opposite of FORWARD) while you try to run in between the tackles. Had that happen against DJ Demon I think.

Alexander runs forward about 2 yards, then BOOM, he's juking and running back at me. Ends up a 5 yard loss (WHAT HAPPENED TO FORWARD PROCESS????)

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
That kind of reminds me.

Anyone have their RB just decide to run back towards the screen (opposite of FORWARD) while you try to run in between the tackles. Had that happen against DJ Demon I think.

Alexander runs forward about 2 yards, then BOOM, he's juking and running back at me. Ends up a 5 yard loss
Yeah..happens to me like once a game. I'll think I have a 3 yard gain and it will end up being pushed back to a 4 yard loss. Only happens when I use agile backs, though...

(WHAT HAPPENED TO FORWARD PROCESS????)
It got replaced by forward progress.

[edit] Btw- last night I was bored and decided to play as highly rated teams. HOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! Pats are fucking stacked! There's no way a player with even 1 month experience can lose. No way. They have upgraded Moss to the point where he doesn't drop anything, is faster than anyone else on the field, and can catch down the middle. He made some incredible catches that I hadn't seen in the game yet. On defense, Thomas is the new Bruschi. He will catch anything (jet pack included!) within 5 yards of him and he's never out of position no matter what you have him running. Amazing!

I also played 1 game as the Colts. They're unstoppable on offense, but they have kinks in the defensive armor, so if you can put up points so you might stand a chance, but they're gonna score every drive. Peyton Manning has the entire field to work with on every down. Plenty of time to throw, too. And if that wasn't enough, Addai is a beast.

Striker

When given time, I've made some decent "spectacular" catches with Fitzgerald and Boldin.

That's the positives for having those WRs. Downside is the pass-protection. :(

Rorschach

Striker said:
When given time, I've made some decent "spectacular" catches with Fitzgerald and Boldin.

That's the positives for having those WRs. Downside is the pass-protection. :(
Count your blessings. :p You could have no oline, no decent receivers, QB with no accuracy, and a starting RB that is so slow he can't even make 1 cut. :p ...:(

well that was a epic battle. if only my players didnt cough up the ball as if I pay them to do so. Whoever it was on my dline who stood next to Eli on the last drive instead of sacking him should be shot. I wonder what they were discussing? :D

I juked out of an evening with the lady Mr. Bob! I can play tonight if you can!! Come with a direct modem connection because EA hates routers!! You know the name on AIM!

Top Bottom