• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Slo

Code:
Overall Rank
1	Minnesota Vikings		9.06
2	New England Patriots		9.67
3	Chicago Bears		11.00
4	Arizona Cardinals		11.02
5	Pittsburgh Steelers		11.17
6	Baltimore Ravens		11.97
7	San Francisco 49ers		12.28
8	Philadelphia Eagles		12.55
9	St. Louis Rams		12.72
10	Washington Redskins		12.80

Power Rankings said:
#26 Minnesota Vikings 3-1-0

I demand satisfaction!

Fifty

Damn, Bob's DE Mark Anderson got 5 sacks in his last game against the Lions. 5! :(

Gotta love Bob's 4 offensive touchdowns yet only 7 first downs! :lol

3 games left and two of them will probably be skipped. I'm not sure about the third. Luke is away and CP is miserable so that leaves the sickboy/denog game. I could advance now but I think I'll wait for FMT just to piss you guys off.

Also, Truelize, when can you play our game? I will be around late tonight *IF* it advances early, and I should be around tomorrow as well. You've caught me during a low key time so I should be flexible.

Fifty

For now I'd just worry about your week 5 game. The week is unlocked but I'm waiting on FMT to do the rankings before changing the main page. So yeah, play your week 5 games. It's officially wednesday now.

Ramirez

3 cheers for fumbles where you barely get touched, and LBs that have spider senses, yet my defenders drop every god damn INT that hit's their mitts. Fuck this game.

Rorschach

No one gets to complain about their offensive line sucking until you've played as the Raiders!

Bye week :'(

Lonestar said:
Hmm, 10 PT, 12 CT. We can TRYYYY, but not too much later. Is it 10 pm when you leave work? So, like 10:30 to get home? Saturday should be open though.

Ror, could you put Jason Babin on the Seahawks, and put Michael Boulware on the Texans? Traded players.
Done. And not that I mind doing it for you (I really don't), but roster changes can be done by the players this time around so you don't have to wait for someone to come online.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, 3 cheers for having your RB tackled in the backfield upon handoff. 1.7 ypc my ass.

OH YEAH, just so you guys know.

THE DROUGHT IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 FOR 8 ON THIRD DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADRIAN...........I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Well, 3 cheers for having your RB tackled in the backfield upon handoff. 1.7 ypc my ass.

So that fumble was legit? :lol

Those 4 pass deflections in my stats should be renamed to "Hit me right in the chest, but EA didn't want me to catch it, sorry!".

SickBoy

Lonestar, did you want to try to play tonight? I should be home in about 15-20. (BTW my GT is FisheyeLens if I'm not on your friends list)

Lonestar

Don't be upset at the DM Ball, baby!

Seneca's scramble was almost the thing of legend. 2 yards shy from 3rd and 16. RUN "QB" RUN!

Sure, guess we can try. Nearing Midnight! ')

ramirez knows about sub 2.0 ypc averages... infact, he knows about sub 1.0 ypc averages :lol

feel the sting ramirez! join the ranks of the beaten! now only the bears, colts and patriots survive!

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Don't be upset at the DM Ball, baby!

Seneca's scramble was almost the thing of legend. 2 yards shy from 3rd and 16. RUN "QB" RUN!

Sure, guess we can try. Nearing Midnight! ')

If you had of gotten the 1st on that play I would have seriously broken my controller, he trucked Aaron Smith or Casey Hampton, I can't remember which, but they would both take his head off in real life, and he just pancakes them.

But w/e, knew it was going to happen sooner or later, just wish I would have at least had a chance to finish the drive where Parker fumbled after being tickled.

Lonestar

seneca_wallace_OttoGrueleJr.jpg

NIGHTMARES!
NIGHTMARES!
NIGHTMARES!
NIGHTMARES!

Lonestar

Oh yeah, the reason I paused and wrote a message saying "FUCK!"

Was because I chose to punt, then realized "I'm on the 40 yard line, I can hit this with Brown" So I called a TO and....someone quickly hit the button on ASK TOUGH ACTIN TANACTIN, and BOOM, Punting again. Now, I can't call another TO, I can't take the penalty, cause 45 yard line, and then I don't know...

Could have been an important 3 points, just like that 4th and inches play. I was going to kick that, but then the game "reviewed it" and said I got the 1st.

1 for 29 this year on 3rd down!

How many successful 3rd downs do I need to get, just to get back to 50%????????

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
3 cheers for fumbles where you barely get touched, and LBs that have spider senses, yet my defenders drop every god damn INT that hit's their mitts. Fuck this game.

Meh, everyone has games like that. Try having two different backs run for like 13 YPC against you because your players are allergic to them or something while you are tackled 10 times for a loss.

Fifty

Damn. GG True. You played really well. It was probably the most conservative game I've played this year, maybe even ever. Crazy slow pace, not fun to watch but fun to play. I can't believe that OT winning TD. I guess something had to break. You shut down VY amazingly well after I had a few big runs. I foolishly kept doing the same thing and getting sacked. I'm lucky I didn't fumble.

The first half had some BS fumbles but luckily you got 2 overturned. Crazy game. Maybe the game of the week has already happened.

Watch out Luke, I'm at .500 now!

Striker

Two straight f*cking sacks to end the Cardinals/Rams game.

Trailing 17-24, I'm about at the 10, and my line just collapse. :(

Rorschach said:
No one gets to complain about their offensive line sucking until you've played as the Raiders!
My Cardinals line says they beg to differ!

Ramirez

Andokuky said:
Meh, everyone has games like that. Try having two different backs run for like 13 YPC against you because your players are allergic to them or something while you are tackled 10 times for a loss.

Try having the fucking 49ers hold you to like 20 yards rushing on 20+ attempts! Totally realistic!

Mrbob

Big Zep said:
and somebody beat bob, hes not good.

Overall Rank:

1 Chicago Bears 7.50
2 Minnesota Vikings 9.52
3 New England Patriots 10.08
4 Pittsburgh Steelers 10.83
5 St. Louis Rams 10.88
6 Arizona Cardinals 11.80
7 San Francisco 49ers 12.63
8 Baltimore Ravens 12.66
9 Denver Broncos 12.67
10 Washington Redskins 12.97

SickBoy

GG Lonestar...

First, not that it would have made a difference, but what is the rule on moving individual linemen? By the leaguedaddy page it appears that all linemen are "hands off" pre-snap, unless they're moving as a unit, but Lonestar's understanding is it applies only to DEs... Not that it would have made a difference (or would it...? Conspiracy theory confirmed).

Fuck, what a frustrating game... and having to watch that fat fuck Holmgren in between every play... sickening.

Line play continues to suck. Rudi Johnson: 11-8. Fuck that. Fuck fuck fuck.

Fuck.

Rorschach

It was always my understanding that all DLs are off limits in terms of pre-snap movement unless it's as a group...and I play DT a lot. I don't know that it makes much of a difference, but I just followed what I thought were the rules. Sometimes, individuals look like they are moving alone, but they are actually just finishing the movement animations while all the others have already finished. That's why I usually switch quickly when that happens because I don't want to be accused of it. :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
:(

edit after looking at weekly awards.

So wait. a guy gets the NFC special teams award for getting 91 punt return yards on 5 returns. And I don't get it with Jennings and his 186 kick return yards on 4 kicks and scored one kick return TD. Add in his 47 yards on 3 punt returns and I had a pretty impressive game with him.

I'm just curious if you have to win the game to get the award. If so then FMT should really look at the rule. Shouldn't he?

Striker

Imagine if my OL was good... I could actually throw medium/deep passes to my great WR's without worrying about a guy plowing my QB!

Lonestar

Great...

I've been playing like that for a couple years now, and someone just now decided this is a problem???? This isn't moving the players backwards upon the snap, this isn't going outside the tackles, this is sliding horizontally on the line, inside the tackles. Or is it when I do stunts?

SickBoy

It was one of the recently added rules, but it's presnap that's the issue... I don't know if it does make a difference, but given the blocking AI this year, I can see it causing problems.

Fuck my o-line sucks. And then Carson was slow the one or two times I evaded the rush briefly and pressed to pass it to the open guy.

This is the least fun I've had with Madden since that time I bought a GBA version.

EDIT: Also, fuck mobile QBs. That means you, Seneca Wallace.

EDIT 2: Also, Marcus Trufant? As IF!

Fifty

Malley, I know you're 1-3, but can you try and win this week against Konex? I'd really appreciate it. Remember when you used to be a champ?! Don't make me get all Apollo Creed and start running alongside you on the shores of Jersey.

rocky33.jpg

guys, to clarify the rule:

PLEASE DO NOT MANUALLY MOVE ANY DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. IF YOU ARE SHIFTING THE WHOLE LINE THAT'S FINE, BUT NO BY HIMSELF. THE BLOCKING IN THE GAME IS ALREADY SUSPECT AND I'M SURE DOING THAT DOESN'T HELP AT ALL

if everyone plays by the same rules it's not a problem. pick your D, do your stunts or shifts and let the chips fall where they may!

SickBoy

Bengals win by default, 1-2 confirmed ;)

EDIT: Also, on second look -- Rudi Johnson, nine yard long. Everything else: 10 runs for 0.

Just when I am feeling good about my comeback in week 5....now I got to play the highest ranked team in the game for week 6.

Use lube Jube.... :(

Top Bottom