• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

SickBoy

Jube, let me know if there's a better day for you to play. My schedule is pretty simple: Available after 10PT, sometimes available before 12:30PT (noon-30, so to speak). If I have some advance notice, I should be able to clear out a specific morning.

Fifty

Prior to you beating him 42-0 his last 2 games were 37-0 loses. For those of you watching at home, that's 116 straight points against. You should feel really proud of yourself Shawn.

This all started because of Rors taking the time to minimize my win tonight. I didn't come in here bragging "Look how I blew out CP!!"

Chill out homes!!

Ugh I dont get it...

Anyways I think there is certainly some room to be scared shitless of my next game while feeling somewhat confident from the work I've put in over the past few days to get better. We'll see how it pans out....

Jube3

SickBoy said:
Jube, let me know if there's a better day for you to play. My schedule is pretty simple: Available after 10PT, sometimes available before 12:30PT (noon-30, so to speak). If I have some advance notice, I should be able to clear out a specific morning.

Hey sick and DCX I can play any day this week after 7pm est. Just hit me up. I can get 2 games in tommorow too ill be on. Didnt realize i was that far behind on my games. Thanks for the heads up Zep.

Edit: Gamertag Ayo jube aim ayojube3

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Um, to Clarify rules, you might need to warn us that you're introducing them in the first place. I had to go relook to see someone added them after the start of the season, SOMETIME?

How about no one plays DLine at all? If we are so sure that the oline blocking is questionable (I would say so, Sickboy's game was the only one I actually did any successfull running with. It's usually 1.6 ypc :/ )

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
Damn. GG True. You played really well. It was probably the most conservative game I've played this year, maybe even ever. Crazy slow pace, not fun to watch but fun to play. I can't believe that OT winning TD. I guess something had to break. You shut down VY amazingly well after I had a few big runs. I foolishly kept doing the same thing and getting sacked. I'm lucky I didn't fumble.

The first half had some BS fumbles but luckily you got 2 overturned. Crazy game. Maybe the game of the week has already happened.

Watch out Luke, I'm at .500 now!

Oh, I am watching!

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
3 cheers for fumbles where you barely get touched, and LBs that have spider senses, yet my defenders drop every god damn INT that hit's their mitts. Fuck this game.

I thought Madden was perfectly realistic and that INTs are only caused by bad throws?

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
I thought Madden was perfectly realistic and that INTs are only caused by bad throws?

I was mad, the fumble was bullshit, the INTs, probably not so much, my defenders did have stone hands, but it was mainly me being mad that I lost, so would you kindly STFU.

SickBoy

Lonestar said:
Um, to Clarify rules, you might need to warn us that you're introducing them in the first place. I had to go relook to see someone added them after the start of the season, SOMETIME?

How about no one plays DLine at all? If we are so sure that the oline blocking is questionable (I would say so, Sickboy's game was the only one I actually did any successfull running with. It's usually 1.6 ypc :/ )

BTW, your running game was excellent (and probably the reason you won, if you didn't get enough points already from me throwing right to your defender). I thought I was doing a good job on it and then my D (IMO strangely) started getting beaten on play-fakes, and then the lanes really started opening up for you.

But I have the exact same experience as you -- futility often, but in my previous game, against DCX, Rudi was running free for most of the game.

LiveWire

Ramirez said:
I was mad, the fumble was bullshit, the INTs, probably not so much, my defenders did have stone hands, but it was mainly me being mad that I lost, so would you kindly STFU.

Oh, so since it happened to you now it actually matters! :lol

Maybe if you didn't throw into double coverage? Just sayin'.

Mrbob

Oh yeah, it is Favre huntin' week!

All signs point towards victory for me, but when the deck is stacked this heavily in my favor I get paranoid something strange will happen and the upset of the week is forthcoming!

What would make this doubly painful is losing to the Packers and Brett Favre. I cannot let this happen! I will not let this happen!

Lonestar

Just because I'm not wanting to do real job work right now, here's a listing of the current top 50 defenders so far this year, using a little point process to talley up stats. 1 point for tackle, 15 for an INT, 21 for a Defensive TD, etc.

1 156.65 Lucas,Ken 21 CB Carolina Panthers
2 141.55 Samuel,Asante 22 CB New England Patriots
3 135.85 Farrior,James 51 ILB Pittsburgh Steelers
4 135 Anderson,Mark 97 DE Chicago Bears
5 120.8 Polamalu,Troy 43 SS Pittsburgh Steelers
6 125 Thomas,Adalius 96 DE New England Patriots
7 123 Berry,Bert 92 DE Arizona Cardinals
8 116.15 Grant,Deon 24 DB Seattle Seahawks
9 113.7 Tatupu,Lofa 51 MLB Seattle Seahawks
10 107.3 Kennedy,Kenoy 26 SS Detroit Lions
11 107.05 Peterson,Mike 54 MLB Jacksonville Jaguars
12 110 Keisel,Brett 99 DE Pittsburgh Steelers
13 103.95 Harrison,Rodney 37 SS New England Patriots
14 99.35 Nelson,Reggie 25 SAF Jacksonville Jaguars
15 104.85 Wilson,Adrian 24 SS Arizona Cardinals
16 103.9 Taylor,Ivan 24 CB Pittsburgh Steelers
17 106 Merriman,Shawne 56 OLB San Diego Chargers
18 99.35 Harris,Al 31 CB Greenbay Packers
19 103.25 Gold,Ian 52 OLB Denver Broncos
20 102 Wimbley,Kamerion 95 OLB Cleveland Browns
21 95.1 Winfield,Antoine 26 CB Minnesota Vikings
22 97 Edwards,Donnie 59 LB Kansas City Chiefs
23 96.1 Sensabaugh,Gerald 43 SS Jacksonville Jaguars
24 89.9 Rolle,Samari 22 CB Baltimore Ravens
25 92.2 Lewis,Ray 52 MLB Baltimore Ravens
26 91 Odom,Antwan 98 DE Tennessee Titans
27 91 Wilhelm,Matt 57 LB San Diego Chargers
28 89.2 Dyson,Andre 21 CB New York Jets
29 89 Carriker,Adam 90 DE St. Louis Rams
30 88 Spires,Greg 94 DE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
31 87 Abraham,John 55 DE Atlanta Falcons
32 87 Bulluck,Keith 53 OLB Tennessee Titans
33 87 Harris,Napoleon 50 LB Kansas City Chiefs
34 85.25 Henderson,E.J. 56 OLB Minnesota Vikings
35 85.15 Posluszny,Paul 51 LB Buffalo Bills
36 81.6 Madison,Sam 29 CB New York Giants
37 84 Chavous,Corey 25 SS St. Louis Rams
38 84 Phillips,Shaun 95 OLB San Diego Chargers
39 82 Morgan,Dan 55 LB Carolina Panthers
40 79.05 Huff,Michael 24 SS Oakland Raiders
41 78.05 Townsend,Deshea 26 CB Pittsburgh Steelers
42 80.25 Johnson,Jarret 95 DE Baltimore Ravens
43 79.6 Trufant,Marcus 23 CB Seattle Seahawks
44 78 Kerney,Patrick 97 DE Seattle Seahawks
45 77.4 Harrison,James 92 LB Pittsburgh Steelers
46 75.35 Griffin,Cedric 23 CB Minnesota Vikings
47 77 Williams,Kevin 93 DT Minnesota Vikings
48 75.75 Simoneau,Mark 53 MLB New Orleans Saints
49 76 Beason,Jon 52 LB Carolina Panthers
50 70.85 Demps,Will 47 FS New York Giants

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Just because I'm not wanting to do real job work right now, here's a listing of the current top 50 defenders so far this year, using a little point process to talley up stats. 1 point for tackle, 15 for an INT, 21 for a Defensive TD, etc.
Interesting, but I think you weighted ints and DTDs too heavily. The list is dominated by DBs and LBs.

Lonestar

Well, if you had to chose between 5 tackles, or a Interception that stops their drives, what would you want? And a Defense TD, it's like the ultimate for a single player. You scored 6 points!

1/5 of the list is from the line.

Lonestar said:
Well, if you had to chose between 5 tackles, or a Interception that stops their drives, what would you want? And a Defense TD, it's like the ultimate for a single player. You scored 6 points!

1/5 of the list is from the line.

5 tackles could stop 5 drives

Rorschach

lul Ken Lucas...

Btw, it doesn't really show anything because some players have 1 huge game and a bunch of mediocre ones, yet they make the top of the list.

And how much did PDs, FF, FR, Sacks, and TFL count? ...and then there's the stuff you can't really count like QB pressure and redzone defense.

1 Raider. :(

Lonestar

Hey, show me the stat for Drive Stopping Tackles, and I'll use it!

I put FR the same as INT, with FF just a bit less, since I've got a few more FF than FR, as I'm sure mose people have. Tackle for Loss was 3 or 4 points, sacks were a few more. My Excel File is back at the office.

If you change tackles around, not much changes except the order.

Besides, the more important not is, not everyone has played 5 games yet. Can't get a real look at it till everyone actually finishes games.

Ramirez

LiveWire said:
Oh, so since it happened to you now it actually matters! :lol

Maybe if you didn't throw into double coverage? Just sayin'.

I don't think any of them were into double coverage, just really dumb passes to try and make with Ben, I've threw 7 INTs in two games, and I think I had like 3 before that. I'm obviously making dumb decisions as it can be seen in my stats and the way my past two games have been alot closer than my first 3.

I was mad at the time, of course I'm going to blame the game, who doesn't, but it was done and over with last night. Have fun going 0-16 though. :)

Rorschach

I've only thrown 1 INT in 3 games and it was an INCREDIBLY stupid throw in garbage time. The fumbles are retarded sometimes. I think they do it just so someone uses the stupid challenges.

I will say, in the game against the Lions, 3 of the INTs were really retarded...My QB decided to throw to the players opposite the side of the button I was pushing. It sucked nards. Has only happened once since the update and I got downgraded...I don't get it, but I ain't complainin'!

DCX

DCX
So...yeah. THe Browns are really ass. Madden is as dependable as shooting dice, and...yeah...that's all i got.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
The Browns are ass in real life.
So were we in the playground but a 5 yard out with a 10 yard seperation SHOULD BE A FUCKING COMPLETE PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a super human, Reed Richards like int.....3 times!! We play the game becuase we are PROs! Pros make that play...god dammit! ARRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH. Yes i know, i'm the Browns...i'm 2-3...suck it down Cowgirls and Trulize ( i like to take DCX's team ) :lol

DCX

Fifty

Wtf..FMT only gave up 22 rushing yards to the Ravens (himself, he's playing himself if you haven't figured it out by now). Come on now..I could get more than that scrambling with Boller

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Christ I just looked at my stats and two things stand out to me:

Jeremy Shockey has almost three times as many receptions as the next closest receiver(s).

Eli Manning 3 TDs 7 Ints.

I dunno what to say about all those infernal ints, since I've been a pretty good passer even though I run a lot. Shockey's catches are a result of everyone blitzing so much.

Ah well. Giants playbook has a lot of plays designed for the TE, for obvious reasons.

Andokuky

Banned
Another game with some crappy 2.-something yard per carry run game. I am almost to the point of giving up and just unleashing the dragon every game. This run game sucks ass if you don't have a RB with some speed. I think I have had the league leader in rushing 2 times on GAF and was in the top 3 every season besides that but I can't do **** with Henry. Runs to the inside = blitzing linebacker FTL. Draws or counters, hell anything that takes any amount of time = defensive lineman busting right through FTL. Tosses or sweeps, I am either chased down by a lineman or my WR and FB ignore the linebackers, corners and lineman right in front of me to run upfield and block a safety. It's so bad that even when I have a good lead I still want to pass 60-70% of the time because I know running the ball is just asking for a good 5 yard loss and maybe fumble. I still haven't found a good playbook, anyone know a good running playbook?

west coast playbook and eagles playbook have some nice runs, including a wide variety of slow developing (potential big) plays as well as quick hitters up the middle. try them out!

Lonestar

Because he thinks he's the Co-Founder of the league or something.

And holy shit, the Patriots are the Bo Jackson of this game. Just trying a game as them, and in no time at all, I've got 500 yards passing and 5 TD passes....

Just lob it deep

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
dammitmattt said:
Why in the world would you get a free win?!?
w00t why the hell not :D Free wins are awesome! edit: How long till you think we can play? Haven't gotten to play you in umm since NCAA 06 i think? And we had a few really good games :D

Lonestar said:
Because he thinks he's the Co-Founder of the league or something.
No thats most definitely not it, I just think you're a fucking moron and hope to get one of your brilliant responses from everything I post :D

Top Bottom