• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

You know what I'm going to bitch about? Big foot kickers. Two reasonably good players can get max almost every time on the kick meter, and with a 'big foot kicker' (doesn't that name even sound retarded?) 80% of kickoffs are going to go out of bounds past the goal posts. stupid stupid

Also, I'd like to be able to recruit Big Zep or Ando to call and execute all of my passing downs. My running game is oddly amazing with this team, but I can't pass for shit. Just like with the Ravens. I think I'll always suck at passing in Madden. I can sometimes get TE TD's, just like with Baltimore, but that's it. So, how about it? Who wants the job!?

Zep

Banned
Thanks for reminding about that...I had team stats from my game w/ DM that I have on a pad but forgot to put in.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
You know what I'm going to bitch about? Big foot kickers. Two reasonably good players can get max almost every time on the kick meter, and with a 'big foot kicker' (doesn't that name even sound retarded?) 80% of kickoffs are going to go out of bounds past the goal posts. stupid stupid.

I feel I'm pretty much can be lights out from 50-54 with Josh Brown, Big Foot ASSKICKER.

Jube3

Im on right now, i sent you a friend request but you declined i guess. Says you were last seen on live 20 hours ago.

dammittmatt what do you want to do about your games while you wait for RROD console to return? want me to play your games? someone else? wait? it's going to be a month, that's probably about 5-7 missed games

SickBoy

Jube3 said:
Im on right now, i sent you a friend request but you declined i guess. Says you were last seen on live 20 hours ago.

Hey, I actually had been off for 20 hours. I'm on now, I'll be in Madden waiting to take my licks :)

SickBoy

GG Jube,

Very close. I learned something: my RB button is crap. That last pick you made was because my guy was wide open, I pressed it once and then when it didn't register, pressed it again when your man was in much better position.

Anyhow, I feel dirty and sad about how I played defense this game. It was successful, but IMO just goes to show some of the problems with the game. I went in with a game plan, followed it to a point, and then realized that I would be a fool to follow it beyond that point. The result: very shallow and poor (real world) playcalling. Good Madden playcalling, it seems. At least for this game.

EDIT: BTW, entered a few statlines on game stats for your side. I'm always worried when I change something I'm going to overwrite what the other guy's doing.

Jube3

Yea It was a good game, I dont think its your RB button (unless its happened in other games). It happens to me sometimes (once this game, i hit my button and it doesnt respond at all) and it usually leads to a sack or a pick. I didnt notice anything wrong with your playcalling. Once i had an Idea on how you ran your D it opened up a little. Lots of lost scoring opportunities on both sides that game lol. GG though, game winning field goal Ftl :( lol

Ramirez

Another undefeated dream bites the dust...that about wraps it up, I know Bob and Luke are going to lose a game at some point. Bob will go down in week 7, Luke in week 5! :lol :D

Jube3

My hidden cameras didnt help me that game. Anyone else thinks its hilarious that the patriots have 2 signal stealers on their madden roster :lol :lol :lol

Yea im a pats fan but thats still funny lol

LiveWire

Matrix said:
I think im in the mindset to start playing league games again.

DJ Demon if you're around tonight ill be free to play our week 5 game.

OK, unfortunately I'll be out of town tonight through tomorrow afternoon, so the earliest I can play is Sat night (DCX if you can also play at that time please let me know). If not then it will have to wait until next Tuesday.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
More time wasting stats

Not saying these are the rankings of defense, cause the "Yard giving up per game" and Scoring Defense are more valuable stats, but off of the individuals on each team, here's how the rankings go...lets see if this looks ok.

Madden.jpg

Slo

Not sure how you're weighting the tackles number, but I'd MUCH rather be #32 in tackles than number #1. For obvious reasons.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
More time wasting stats

Not saying these are the rankings of defense, cause the "Yard giving up per game" and Scoring Defense are more valuable stats, but off of the individuals on each team, here's how the rankings go...lets see if this looks ok.

Madden.jpg
What's the score at the end? Something you put through a formula I am assuming?

Like Slo said, you should weight tackles in reverse.

That said, I will never ever understand the fascination with passing with some of you guys while you're in the lead. My job is to keep my D on the bench and shrink the game to the point where you can't come back. I've seen dudes passing on first down within the two minute warning with the lead. One pick-six and you're done.

Slo

Wellington said:
That said, I will never ever understand the fascination with passing with some of you guys while you're in the lead. My job is to keep my D on the bench and shrink the game to the point where you can't come back. I've seen dudes passing on first down within the two minute warning with the lead. One pick-six and you're done.

t1_jaworski.jpg

Striker

vumpler,

Panthers vs. Cardinals!

Great... that DL versus this OL. :(

GT: Striker029
AIM: toth029

I think I have you on my list, though, for AIM. jason1nk?

Andokuky

Banned
Wellington said:

Throwing a quick pass to the RB or TE and at least getting back to the LOS is better than running and getting killed in the backfield. At least that is my philosophy. I don't try to go deep when I have a lead late but I still pass more than I run.

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
ando, i am at the airort back home. lemme know if tonight is good. i gotta practice for a bit then i will be ready to fall!

Gotta get pretty lucky to beat the Colts.

What time can you play?

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Gotta get pretty lucky to beat the Colts.

What time can you play?

It's gonna be a little bit yet, I have to clean up and get some dinner and then play some practice field shit first to remember what does what otherwise you will rapetime me

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
Don't forget we have a game for Week 5, Luke.
3-2 confirmed :(

I can probably play both games tonight, gonna scrim 'nog to get my wheels back and then I'll be up and on till ages from now send FRs if you have room, gentlemen.

I FEAR DM

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
It's gonna be a little bit yet, I have to clean up and get some dinner and then play some practice field shit first to remember what does what otherwise you will rapetime me

Well if we start in the next 10 minutes or so I can play if not maybe Sunday or something.

DMczaf

That was the hardest win I've had in Madden 08 so far. Luke was tearing up my D like a 15 year old backstage at a R Kelly concert. I'm pretty sure a golden surprise was coming up next.

Damn you Peyton and the Pips!

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
That was the hardest win I've had in Madden 08 so far. Luke was tearing up my D like a 15 year old backstage at a R Kelly concert. I'm pretty sure a golden surprise was coming up next.

Damn you Peyton and the Pips!

Good game, the game tried to cheat and let me back into it by smearing butter all over the Cadillacs rims, but twas not mean to be. Cursed Reggie Wayne, CURSED.

Top Bottom