• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

Fifty said:
How I wish we could do trades! I could reunite Travis Henry with the Titans. I could use a newthird string running back. Since I have no passing game whatsoever, trading away Eric Moulds or David "The Gift that keeps on" Givens would be a manageable loss.

What you NEED is to lure Ernest Givins, the true Givins out of retirement.

I'd argue with Luke, but I'm afraid I'd get banned from Halo 3, which is more important to me. Although did you really need to kick the fg? Like wellington said I don't understand the fixation for passing late, but I mean once u got in field goal range couldn't you just kneel it? Frankly with 18 seconds left u really should have just knelt it on first down.
Please don't ban me from halo 3

LukeSmith

sableholic said:
I'd argue with Luke, but I'm afraid I'd get banned from Halo 3, which is more important to me. Although did you really need to kick the fg? Like wellington said I don't understand the fixation for passing late, but I mean once u got in field goal range couldn't you just kneel it (no idea how much time was left)?

I kicked the field goal solely for the amusement that has followed.

I'd also half contend that down 21-0 driving with a minute to go and scoring with 30 seconds on the clock wasn't going to change anything other than Ando retaining some pride for not getting shut out by the porous Colts defense. Inside of a minute, no matter what, everyone should just take a knee.

Andokuky

Banned
sableholic said:
I'd argue with Luke, but I'm afraid I'd get banned from Halo 3, which is more important to me. Although did you really need to kick the fg? Like wellington said I don't understand the fixation for passing late, but I mean once u got in field goal range couldn't you just kneel it (no idea how much time was left)?

Uh hello, I started a drive with 2 minutes left in the game and scored. Everyone knows that makes it ok to run the score up.

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
I kicked the field goal solely for the amusement that has followed.

I'd also half contend that down 21-0 driving with a minute to go and scoring with 30 seconds on the clock wasn't going to change anything other than Ando retaining some pride for not getting shut out by the porous Colts defense. Inside of a minute, no matter what, everyone should just take a knee.

Way to continue to prove me right about you being a bitch. The games over, you won, congrats. I've moved on and I am the one who lost.

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
Way to continue to prove me right about you being a bitch. The games over, you won, congrats. I've moved on and I am the one who lost.

Man it's messy like a divorce! You can have the kids

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Sweet, one week from Halo 3 and now my 360 has locked up twice.

Anyone experience the same thing? The screen just stops and lines develop vertically. What can I do to keep this thing from fucking up...
I have. Locked up during Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Madden yesterday. That's the second sign of impending doom.

anyone up for a game? message me on AIM or post here! i need to stay up to date cause it looks like i wont be playing a league game for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time :lol

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone up for a game? message me on AIM or post here! i need to stay up to date cause it looks like i wont be playing a league game for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time :lol

I'll take over Dammitmatt's games if he wants me to!

daw840

Big Zep.....as of right now my 360 is out of commision.....I am very limited on when I can play. I can use FMT's 360, but I need to know exactly when you want to play this game. Just let me know, I work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (pst) Monday thru Friday. If you give me at least a day notice we can work something out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone seen DJ Demon or Konex?

edit-nm,going to play some COD4 beta

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I played almost a full 3 quarters of good football. Someday I'll play a full 3 quarters of good ball and then I'll work up towards playing a full game.

Joey Harrington - 3 INT, 1 fumble, 5 handjobs given out and one taxi flagged down.

2 of the INT appeared to be perfect throws but I find it's either incredibly hard to judge depth in this game (how many yards separate a receive from a defender up field/down field) or mor likely Joey floats the ball up there that the defense has too much time to make the needed adjustment.

But the biggest BS move of the entire game was when my defender reached through Shockey and intercepted the ball. What a crock.

Fifty

Damn..

I saw you were up 6-0 at one point and thought we'd actually see a miracle. 3 defensive touchdowns given up would drive me insane.

The good news is, you're well on your way to a high pick in season 2 (although I'm not sure how team selection will work). The bad news? You've already got the team you wanted.

Rorschach

:lol Played as the Chargers in my continued "play as an overrated team" run.

WOW! WOW!!!!

I ran for over 500 yards and 7 TDs with LT and 1TD with Turner.

LT is a friggin' beast! After running with LaMont Jordan this whole time, it was like I was running with weights on the whole time and I got to remove them for one game. His speed is uncanny, but he's also tough as hell. I can truck a guy to the ground and be full speed in the next microsecond. It's like playing with cheats on. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
God I hate being in the NFC East this season.

GG Truelize, I think both you and I had the same trepidations to throw. That pick on that pass to Shockey made my fears even worse.

Time for my annual game with FMT.

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
God I hate being in the NFC East this season.

GG Truelize, I think both you and I had the same trepidations to throw. That pick on that pass to Shockey made my fears even worse.

Time for my annual game with FMT.

I wish there was a spectator mode!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Christ what a schedule I have upcoming:

FMT
Livewire
Shawn
Coldblooded
Sloforce
MrBob
Gunstar
Sableholic

To make things worse I end the season with Jube.

Whoever wants to make the playoffs in the NFC will likely have to win at least 11 games this season, even for a wild card spot. I see myself going 3-5 in that 8 game stretch I posted above. That means I will be forced to win my last two games to even sniff the playoffs. This is no good, I feel like the Chiefs two years ago, before Herm took over.

Rorschach

Ugh Madden glitch against a division rival...figures.

Oh and fumble in the RZ...recovered by Chargers...I got 2FF off hitsticks and 1 off strip and I didn't get 1 FR!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Konex,when do you want to play tonight?

Matrix

Ok about 10:15 eastern time or so.

I'll be on madden so since you're home just send me a challenge.

SickBoy

Well, after my early and continuing frustrations (and gameplay concerns) with the game, I hadn't planned on buying it. But I saw it dirt cheap (used - 2/$30) today and couldn't say no, so I picked it up. I guess I'm a league-er for the long haul. :)

Matrix

Already on,ready to lose!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
a 6 point loss to a team ranked nearly 20th ;)

what did you want me to do? drop you 1 spot? suffer like g did

I can't help that I had one of "those" games. ;) It's ok, just makes me want to beat everyone about 10x more now. :p

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
GG DenogginizerOS, you play alot better then your record shows. You must of lost a few games on bad breaks because you played me tough.

Ramirez

Anyone up for a game? I'd like to try a different team, never played with anyone but the Steelers this year. :p

CtownSkins3 on AIM if you'd like to play. :)

LiveWire

Sorry Matrix I tried to get our game in before the end of this week since I was going to be out of town/busy from Thu-Sun, but didn't hear back from you until it was too late. I'll be free tomorrow night late after the Chargers game, if not then, late Monday night after the Skins make the Eagles extinct. I'm on Eastern time so this would be like midnight EST/9PM PST. DCX, let me know as well when you are free.

If neither of those days/times work it will have to be Tuesday night where I'm free all night.

DCX

DCX
LiveWire said:
Sorry Matrix I tried to get our game in before the end of this week since I was going to be out of town/busy from Thu-Sun, but didn't hear back from you until it was too late. I'll be free tomorrow night late after the Chargers game, if not then, late Monday night after the Skins make the Eagles extinct. I'm on Eastern time so this would be like midnight EST/9PM PST. DCX, let me know as well when you are free.

If neither of those days/times work it will have to be Tuesday night where I'm free all night.
We can play around Midnight.

DCX

Matrix

I can play late monday night Demon.

I f-ing hate EA for making this Texans team so bad,fucking haters.

GG Konex,you destroyed me,but one thing....

You dont have to run out of the pocket 95% of the time when you are throwing,I dont believe I was blitzing much and this isnt 2k football.You take off as soon as you snap the ball :lol Lucky you were facing the shitty Texans,if I could have gotten more pressure on you,you would have been sacked a ton.

edit- wow first game I didnt have atleast 1 sack.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Fucking Favre.

Fifty said:
0-4 beats 4-0! Favre beats Bob! This is an epic upset on multiple levels.

choking.jpg

Mrbob

I blame FMT for putting me first in the rankings! I told him not to do it, but he did it anyway!

Last time i was first in the rankings i lost two straight. :/

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fuck you guys for downplaying my Victory over #1, and when I STILL haven't found an offense! TAKE THAT, ROOFLESBARRGER

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Fuck you guys for downplaying my Victory over #1, and when I STILL haven't found an offense! TAKE THAT, ROOFLESBARRGER

Poor baby hasn't figured out to how to use the Seahawks! :lol

I wish I had your problems. Plus your only two loses were against FMT and DM. I think you're in good shape.

Top Bottom