• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Shawne Merriman got an INT? What the flying...

Yes, in the world of fantasy, Shawne Merriman has the footspeed to cover a wide receiver outside of 10 yards. I think 10 yards is reasoanble, but separation would absolutely begin to occur. Safety was late to get over and Merriman's-I wear Nike's in slo-mo speed- took over. That's not a dig on Bluemax, it's just retarded by EA.

Striker

SickBoy said:
I take it it's a little late for you, Striker? (or you didn't see my message?) I am up for a game, but I totally understand if it's too late...
I didn't see any messages from you last night. I hopped on today and it's there, though.

I can play today, I have to do a few things and run up town, but it won't be long. :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Mrbob said:
Ok sweet.

I can play in about an hour. I'll send you a message on XBL. Take a Halo 3 break. ;)

I'm still at work for 2-3 hours, like most people in CST!

SickBoy

Striker said:
I didn't see any messages from you last night. I hopped on today and it's there, though.

I can play today, I have to do a few things and run up town, but it won't be long. :)

Oh well... as for today, unfortunately, I'm in the midst of getting ready for work. I'll be back tonight... not sure if you'll be available, but I'll post here (and probably fire up the Xbox for some Halo) when I'm able to play.

EDIT: Note, it will be relatively late-ish, but probably a bit earlier than I saw you on Live last night :)

As for tomorrow, I'm available for either you or daw after 10PT a.m.... as close to that as possible is best for my schedule, I've got a pretty full slate this weekend.

Lonestar

Mrbob said:
You should have taken a half day like me!
Is this you on your day off?
BobDayOff.jpg

Rorschach

Remember we have a game, Slo. Don't blow me out to bad. :(

LukeSmith said:
Yes, in the world of fantasy, Shawne Merriman has the footspeed to cover a wide receiver outside of 10 yards. I think 10 yards is reasoanble, but separation would absolutely begin to occur. Safety was late to get over and Merriman's-I wear Nike's in slo-mo speed- took over. That's not a dig on Bluemax, it's just retarded by EA.
That's ridiculous...10 yards out on Wayne... Chargers are so damn overrated. My LBs are actually good at coverage and they get beat all day unless it's zone 5 yards in and the ball is thrown right at them. :[ Merriman is just a graduated DE; no way that should be possible.

I wish we at least had NCAA's video capture ability (you can record videos of your games and send them to the easports site) if they're not gonna give us full blown spectator mode. I wanna watch the Superbowl! >:|

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
More importantly, it could have serious implications for those of us who have watched divisional rivals waltz over Buffalo (the whole AFC North, for example, has the Bills on the sched, and two teams have already scored victories)

This is my point. And now guess what, no disrespect to ChrisJames, but Vumpler was a tough play and now a person who is not as good with the Panthers will control them? Gimme a break. So myself and two others in the division have to just accept that an NFC East team gets the easy Bills and the easier Panthers? Of course nothing will happen because I'm not enough of a scumbag to stop playing, but we've had trouble with CP in the past, and we've had the same issues and complaints with Vumpler in the past. This is really nothing new for them and they should not have been in the league in the first place.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
This is my point. And now guess what, no disrespect to ChrisJames, but Vumpler was a tough play and now a person who is not as good with the Panthers will control them? Gimme a break. So myself and two others in the division have to just accept that an NFC East team gets the easy Bills and the easier Panthers? Of course nothing will happen because I'm not enough of a scumbag to stop playing, but we've had trouble with CP in the past, and we've had the same issues and complaints with Vumpler in the past. This is really nothing new for them and they should not have been in the league in the first place.
Replacements happen. If it wouldn't be outside players, it would be MrSparkle again.

I do agree that there are certain players that should be weeded out, but there's no real discretion used in the election process. I always ask why certain players are let in over more reliable players, but hey, not my choice. I mean...MaestroRyan got in with the Vikes over Slo?! WTF! Seems like the only person we've ever come down hard on is Bog. :lol

What I don't understand is why people who hate the game, or don't have time for the game, sign up for the leagues in the first place.

Wellington said:

I see what your beef is Wellington, but it's one of those things where are crappy options and crappier options. I don't see any other alternative to the problem than replacing the players with more willing competitors. If we have deadbeats (CP) or blantant cheesers (Vumpler), I'd rather have those cancers removed than have them keep playing. While it is easy to say "tough titties" from my end of things as a benefactor of the situation, I don't know what other way there is to solve the issue. No doubt Vumpler was a tough play, but I imagine ChrisJames is going to give me a hell of a game too. There is alot of football to play, and your playoff destiny is still in your hands. Right now we are tied at 6-3 each, and I am one bad game awy from being right back in third place. In fact, after tonight that may be the case as I'll be going against one tough Redskins owner sitting at 7-2.....

Slo

My apologies Rors, but I'm going to be a bit late. If that no longer works for you, I understand. I'll post as soon as I have a chance.

Again, sorry.

Rorschach

Slo said:
My apologies Rors, but I'm going to be a bit late. If that no longer works for you, I understand. I'll post as soon as I have a chance.

Again, sorry.
I can still play. Just let me know when you are able. I'd like to play it today.

lol who is to say chrisjames is a worse player than vumpler? again, you can say "these players were scum before!" but CP has finished seasons (w/ the chiefs) and was dependable for most of the season. but he is clearly lagging at this point. vumpler DROPPED out of the league himself, i didn't kick him out. what did you want me to do? beg him to stay for consistencies sake? should the rams ask for a replay of their week 1 game against the panthers in real life since the saints get to play against David Carr instead of Jake Delhomme?

a 32 man league is a MAJOR undertaking, and there will be some bumps along the road. but bottom line is we're going to get through the season, whether all 32 players play or whether we need replacements.

could be worse, i could be playing as the bills and smashing everyone! (except wellington and ramirez :(

Ramirez

Sorry guys, had a crazy busy past two days with work/school...I'm free to play tonight Denogg/Daw. Me and Daw couldn't connect the last time we tried, I'm sure it has something to do with routers, so I'm really not sure what to do, hadn't had this problem until this game. :(

Lonestar

Today, after Rex was impaled by a clipboard with L. Smith on it,
MU026_FULL_BODY_CAST1.jpg

Soon, Opedius Rex was replaced by

noodle.jpg

ChicagoBearsQuarterBackRexGrossman.jpg

"shiiiiiiiiit...me worry? :lol "

Mrbob

So I lost 27-20.

At the end of the first half, I threw a deep bomb to berrian into the end zone for a TD at the end of the half but it was ruled out of bounds. However I knew he was in but I couldn't challenge it due to being out of challenges left!

Having said this, I checked the game summary screen and it counted my TD so technically the game was tied! THE GAME SUMMARY SCREEN SAYS 27-26! DRAMA!

OR

THE SEAHAWKS CURSE IS REAL FOR ME! :lol

I AM PLAYING THIS GAME UNDER PROTEST.

FMT! I'M A MAN! I'M 40! COME AFTER ME!

Lonestar

No, the game screen shows 27-26, YOU DIDN'T GET THE XP!

The "fumble" was on one of those snap the ball and get tackle animations. No control over any events, and then a "fumble" happens in it.

But I didn't get a chance to challenge it, the game did so on it's own, and took back the fumble, giving me the ball back.

The game was not 26-20 close. AT ALL.

He challenged one of his fumbles, got it reversed, then challenged a 4th and inches spot (duh, don't think EA will ever overrule that), lose of challenges for the half. His deep pass at the end of the half, was caught on the backline of the endzone, worthy of a challenge, but not a "sure TD"

Fifty

Mrbob said:
So I lost 27-20.

At the end of the first half, I threw a deep bomb to berrian into the end zone for a TD at the end of the half but it was ruled out of bounds. However I knew he was in but I couldn't challenge it due to being out of challenges.

Having said this, I checked the game summary screen and it counted my TD so technically the game was tied! THE GAME SUMMARY SCREEN SAYS 27-26! DRAMA!

OR

wtf :lol :lol I'd be so pissed if that happened. The game summary screen never lies!

:lol @ Lonestar. Should have kicked the extra point, bob-o!

Lonestar

I reiterate, that EA wanted me to lose. Another of the deep passes where the CB catches the ball behind my WR. And the slide button doesn't work....AGAIN, fumbleroooooooooskie.

And I had a RB change from a Y to an RB after the snap. Hitting Y..Y..oh shit, he's a RBsack

Mrbob

Lonestar said:
No, the game screen shows 27-26, YOU DIDN'T GET THE XP!

The "fumble" was on one of those snap the ball and get tackle animations. No control over any events, and then a "fumble" happens in it.

But I didn't get a chance to challenge it, the game did so on it's own, and took back the fumble, giving me the ball back.

The game was not 26-20 close. AT ALL.

He challenged one of his fumbles, got it reversed, then challenged a 4th and inches spot (duh, don't think EA will ever overrule that), lose of challenges for the half. His deep pass at the end of the half, was caught on the backline of the endzone, worthy of a challenge, but not a "sure TD"

047_playing_with_bubble_boy.png

I'm sorry, the card says MOOPS!

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Played one of the most intense games I've ever played!! Sable was on a drive where he was moving the ball as the game drew to a close.

He tried to kill the clock a little to score for the final time under 2 minutes, my defense stepped up on a 3rd and 5 make him settle for a field goal from my 29. He's up 17-14.

Got the ball back with like 1:30 or so on the clock with 2 timeouts. I'm working the ball down the field, scrambling with Romo on broken plays, hitting draws with Barber earning every single yard. On a 3 and 5 from Sable's 10 yard line run a play from the shotgun formation. I had trips right and I motioned Glenn to the other side to distract him, hot routed Barder on a fly route and scored the go ahead with 20 seconds left. Sable gets the ball back on his 25-30, he launches a bomb to Cooley to get to my 30 with 4 seconds left on the clock. Holy crap I was in disbelief....

Sable goes to a 5 Wide formation, I go with a prevent,and I pick the ball off with Pat Watkins to seal the deal!!! 21-17 victory!!!!

Talk about rags to riches story right now, start the season 1-3 and I've been riding a crazy wave of momentum to 7-3. Sable made me earn that game though as it was one of the toughest I've ever had!

rules said:
4. In the 4th quarter if you are trailing by any amount 4th downs are user discretion. If you are winning by less than a touchdown in the 4th quarter and it is 4th and 1 or less, it is up to the users discretion. The reason being is lets say you are up by 3 with 3 minutes left and have a 4th and inches on the 20. Why should you not be able to risk it when you have no confidence that your defense will be able to stop the other team, thereby causing you to lose the game in the end?

FMT what about a tied game scenario. I just played shawn and went for it when it was all tied up 14-14 in the fourth at his 49 on fourth and literally a inch. I paused it before going for it in a attempt to read it but didnt get the site up in time before it unpaused it so I went for it.

Reading it afterwards it sounds like it wasn't legal and technically if it all had gone down like I planned I would have wasted the entire clock and kicked a fg and almost did, so shawn would have been pissed most likely.

However I lost so its moot for this game, but still thought it should be brought up. I just have to assume you left off the tied scenario on accident, since you say its ok to go for it when up by less than a td and when down by any amount.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I spent almost 5 hours in practice mode last night trying to recognize where openings were in plays. Now I can feel even worse after my losses cause I'm actually trying. :)

Byron Leftwich is a HUGE upgrade over Joey though. At least I have something to look forward too.

Just an update. It's thanksgiving this weekend in Canada so it's a long weekend and I'm going to visit the inlaws. I have penciled in a game with ChrisJames on Tuesday and will be able to play DM on Wednesday (sorry I haven't chatting to you yet Vegas). Then I should be all caught up. Yeah for me and the mightly Falcons.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
So I lost 27-20.

At the end of the first half, I threw a deep bomb to berrian into the end zone for a TD at the end of the half but it was ruled out of bounds. However I knew he was in but I couldn't challenge it due to being out of challenges left!

OR

THE SEAHAWKS CURSE IS REAL FOR ME! :lol

I AM PLAYING THIS GAME UNDER PROTEST.

FMT! I'M A MAN! I'M 40! COME AFTER ME!
Now you feel almost as bad as I felt in my glitched game with bluemax. :D

...'cept this game didn't really matter for you. :\

Slo said:
Something happen Rors?
Sorry about that long pause, something came up.

GG. Now I know how it feels to be on the other side of A.PETE. ><

[edit] I wish more AFC teams played their games. I wanna see what the playoff picture is looking like. I bet I don't make it. :(

Slo

Rorschach said:
Sorry about that long pause, something came up.

GG. Now I know how it feels to be on the other side of A.PETE. ><

I kept calling plays with Williamson in mind, but he got absolutely no seperation. Who is that over there? Huff?

Rorschach

Slo said:
I kept calling plays with Williamson in mind, but he got absolutely no seperation. Who is that over there? Huff?
I had different guys covering over the top on passing plays. It was usually Huff, but the beast on that side and the reason there's no separation is Asomugha.

:lol You changed Adrian's name.

Slo

Looking at the stats for my game made me sick. Fumbles killed an otherwise good performance. I hate you John Madden. HATE.

LJ, i have assigned you the bills. please play any games that have been unplayed up to the current week.

correction LJ, i haven't assigned you the bills because you arne't signed into the league. please sign in :D

Fifty

Slo said:
Looking at the stats for my game made me sick. Fumbles killed an otherwise good performance. I hate you John Madden. HATE.

At least you weren't forced to enter stats in for a FIFTY EIGHT TO ZERO loss.

Fifty

Yeah, I guess the trick to getting people to respond to polls is to have the results actually matter. Next poll: Should Rors be kicked out of the league for mouthing off to me?

SickBoy

Dear Striker, daw and LJ (congrats on the Bills): I am online and ready to play. I saw Striker but he has disappeared since I messaged him :(

My gamertag is FisheyeLens. If I can get one or more of these games in, I'll be happy... I've got Madden in the box though, so hopefully someone hops on soon :)

Top Bottom