• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Rorschach

NFL Week 12 at Kansas City Chiefs (locked) malleymal [unbeatable]
NFL Week 13 vs DENVER BRONCOS (locked) Andokuky [division leader]
NFL Week 14 at Greenbay Packers (locked) AZ Greg [Raiders give up passing yards like crazy. :(]
NFL Week 15 vs INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (locked) lukems [see above]
NFL Week 16 at Jacksonville Jaguars (locked) Cloudy [overrated jags defense + my abysmal offense = L]
NFL Week 17 vs SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (locked) bluemax [he has a gameshark]

I'll be lucky to hit .500... T_T

SickBoy

Can't wait forever. If anyone wants to play, I'll be on Halo, message me and give me 5 or 10 so I don't have to be an ass and drop and I'll be there...

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
Can't wait forever. If anyone wants to play, I'll be on Halo, message me and give me 5 or 10 so I don't have to be an ass and drop and I'll be there...
I think it'll be kind of hard to get a game in this late without setting it up in advance. It's close to 3am in the east coast. :\ That said, it's been a while since I've seen striker and daw in this thread and LJ just got the team.

SickBoy

Slo said:
Looking at the stats for my game made me sick. Fumbles killed an otherwise good performance. I hate you John Madden. HATE.

Bam! Now what Slo does here is he goes against the grain. Everybody's goin' one way and POW! He cuts it back. That's a veteran move.

Slo

Is there any way to assign a specific CB to a specific WR no matter what the package is? I'd like my #1 CB to cover the #1 WR no matter if he lines up on the opposite side, in the slot, in the backfield, or at left guard.

Andokuky

Banned
Slo said:
Is there any way to assign a specific CB to a specific WR no matter what the package is? I'd like my #1 CB to cover the #1 WR no matter if he lines up on the opposite side, in the slot, in the backfield, or at left guard.

No.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Slo said:

No. That would take too much intelligence on the part of EA.

daw840

Ramirez and Sickboy

I will be available all day today, just let me know when you want to do this

AIM = daw840daw

GT = Qbert420

DCX

DCX
Slo said:
No, although you can swap your CB position the same way you sub your rb.

DCX

Rorschach

sableholic said:
can somebody add caldwell to the redskins?
Done.

Slo said:
If you want that you're going to have to play PS2 Superior John Madden Football™. No man lock here.

SickBoy

gg daw, I think it could have turned out differently if not for the turnovers (the fumbles in particular, even though I gave one right back). Steve McNair is impossible... even bringing all sorts of pressure he gets a longer look than I do...

Stealth EDIT 2: How does one audible into onside kick return formation? I wasn't going to burn a timeout for it (maybe I should have), but X did nothink! I really lucked out on that play.

EDIT: LJ and Striker? Bueller? :) I'll be playing Halo for the next 30 min/hour.... if you're available message me and I'll leave (after my game is done - 10 min tops) for Madden. I've got to go and pick up some food after that, should be back later in the afternoon (will update this post before I leave so you have an ETA)

SickBoy said:
Stealth EDIT 2: How does one audible into onside kick return formation? I wasn't going to burn a timeout for it (maybe I should have), but X did nothink! I really lucked out on that play.

I want to say its x+LT or x+RT

league stats said:
Longest Pass

1. T Romo (Dal) 143

That must have been a amazing play... might want to fix that shawn.

Rorschach

sableholic said:
I want to say its x+LT or x+RT

That must have been a amazing play... might want to fix that shawn.
Well, he did have that 30 yard run for 3 yard gain... He's spectacular!
fixed

Striker

SickBoy said:
Dear Striker, daw and LJ (congrats on the Bills): I am online and ready to play. I saw Striker but he has disappeared since I messaged him :(

My gamertag is FisheyeLens. If I can get one or more of these games in, I'll be happy... I've got Madden in the box though, so hopefully someone hops on soon :)
What time did you message me? I finished my game on Halo and signed off. I didn't have any messages on my list from anybody. :/

You home today?

LukeSmith

Slo said:

Didn't an old version of Madden do this?

Fifty

You'd think it would have been really easy to add. Just have a value represent each player and have the CB stick to the designated player. I don't know much about coding games, but I can't believe that would have been hard to integrate.

Fifty

Welcome. You now officially have the Bills. I'll give you the old owner's home address so you can make him pay for turning your laughingstock of a franchise into a laughingstock of a madden team

Slo

Fifty said:
You'd think it would have been really easy to add. Just have a value represent each player and have the CB stick to the designated player. I don't know much about coding games, but I can't believe that would have been hard to integrate.

I'd pay as much as $60 for a version of Madden that had this!!!!!!1 I sure hope they make a sequel!

SickBoy

Sorry guys, got a very late call for a late-breaking game of real football which screwed up my whole schedule for the day and basically had me running out the door without a second to spare (hence no update on my earlier post). I should be available for the next couple of hours (probably a little less), so I'm going to hop onto Live and see what happens while my old man bodies decides whether it's going to cramp up.

LJ, if you're around too, my tag is FisheyeLens

(Again, playing Halo, give me 10 mins max to get out of a game)

EDIT: Gonna take a quick shower, will be back pretty quick. Hopefully I can get this done, I'll have just around an hour or so, but I'd like to get at one of the games out of the way (preferably Bills since it's earlier on the sked, but either is good). I'll have more time late tonight, but obviously late doesn't always work so well :)

LJ11

SickBoy said:
Sorry guys, got a very late call for a late-breaking game of real football which screwed up my whole schedule for the day. I should be available for the next couple of hours (probably a little less), so I'm going to hop onto Live and see what happens while my old man bodies decides whether it's going to cramp up.

LJ, if you're around too, my tag is FisheyeLens

(Again, playing Halo, give me 10 mins max to get out of a game)

I'm ready to go.

SickBoy

This is all typed before our official game:

LJ, classy on the restart... I was just trying to type out another message with the D-pad saying it was OK when you sent your message about wanting to restart.... are you using the Messenger kit? Well formatted, texty messages... impressive.

I felt like the rush was coming a bit fast on the edges in the early going, and it looked like spread, but I wasn't sure... then on the last pass I ran I thought I saw you spread it just before the snap... glad we didn't erase more than a 14-0 lead.

END OF PRE-GAME GOODWILL

Shit... chose the wrong defensive playbook, damn you and your five-minute quarters ;)

END OF PRE-GAME BADWILL FOR GAME 3.

GG LJ, can we get CP back and a do-over? First of all, whatever the Bengals' standard defensive playbook is sucks. There are no blitzes with man coverage that keep a safety. WTF? Second, I really could've used the 3-4 front against outside-running Marshawn Lynch.

That said, it's not like I wasn't getting beat on D beforehand.

Might've been slightly different for a while had I not thrown that early pick-6... realistically speaking, I think your defender made the dumb play there, but of course it worked out. That's what I get for thinking :)

Frustrating game all around... Carson was just bad, missed a few open guys... meanwhile I couldn't get squat for pressure (or stop Lynch).

EDIT: Also, you're either a champion on the highlight stick or your guys are some of the best tackle-breakers around.

SickBoy

I'd like to, not sure when I'm available... because we work on totally different ends of the clock, I have to spend the evening with my wife...

I'll probably be available sometime between late and very late, but I understand if that doesn't work for you...

Striker

SickBoy said:
I'd like to, not sure when I'm available... because we work on totally different ends of the clock, I have to spend the evening with my wife...
You got AIM? Message me on there when you can. I can play tomorrow, but from 1-7 is kind of "football time," :lol ..

I'll be on tonight so if you want to and you have the time, I can play.

LJ11

Good game Sickboy, Jabari Greer never makes plays so I usually sit his ass. I started him and he made two big plays. Everything broke my way that game.

LJ11

LiveWire said:
LJ, just sent you a friend request and added your IM to my list. Lemme know if you're free to play tonight.

I can play, I'll have my 360 on. Just hit me up when you're game.

bluemax

Banned
KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEX COME OUT AND PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Konex what time is good for you tomorrow or this week? I've got a Midterm Monday and another Tuesday, but Wednesday might be good.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
31-0 bills win? Can I change my poll vote? :D
Well, this is what you guys get. LJ is a top player. He can probably beat all of us with one hand. But no, no do-overs! Think before you guys make a decision, I will just be sitting back here laughing as he goes undefeated after the take over.

Fifty

I hope he does go undefeated. As long as he's not cheesing people, it'll be good to prove once and for all that anyone can win with any team. It'll make Cold and my bitching about their teams seem even more pathetic than it already is. It's just a shame that he probably won't make the playoffs due to CP. Then again, the same thing could be said if someone ever replaced me so I won't stress that point too much.

I think Matrix might be right that my problem is that I just can't win in league games. I choke epically every week. It's quite amazing really. I need to see a Madden shrink.

SickBoy

Wellington said:
Well, this is what you guys get. LJ is a top player. He can probably beat all of us with one hand. But no, no do-overs! Think before you guys make a decision, I will just be sitting back here laughing as he goes undefeated after the take over.

Despite my issues with CP's invisibility, I know I didn't make this decision :) ... and now my whole question about the effect on the division comes into play....

But oh well, while I'd love to hit the playoffs, I'll (as always) be satisfied just to go a respectable 8-8... I think it's going OK so far, but I still have to finish 3-4 to reach that goal, so I'm not counting my chickens...

Sad thing is I think I was in a better situation before we restarted our game (LJ didn't know spread-line audibles were illegal)

NOTE TO FMT: Maybe you should consolidate the rules about manually moving linemen with the rule about spread-line audibles... I know it's all there, but just for clarity's sake.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
Despite my issues with CP's invisibility, I know I didn't make this decision :) ... and now my whole question about the effect on the division comes into play....

But oh well, while I'd love to hit the playoffs, I'll (as always) be satisfied just to go a respectable 8-8... I think it's going OK so far, but I still have to finish 3-4 to reach that goal, so I'm not counting my chickens...

Sad thing is I think I was in a better situation before we restarted our game (LJ didn't know spread-line audibles were illegal)

NOTE TO FMT: Maybe you should consolidate the rules about manually moving linemen with the rule about spread-line audibles... I know it's all there, but just for clarity's sake.
Well Sickboy, I am sorry you had to be the first victim. Take heart though, there will be many more to come.

Top Bottom