• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

SickBoy

Fifty said:
what's sick's AIM? I just quit my game with Rors. We can play now

Better yet, my tag is FisheyeLens on Live.... (all my crap is attached to my profile here).

I'm going to log on right now...

Fifty

Just played Sick Boy..Entertaining game!

The good

- My luck (5 FRs, 3 by my main man Tulloch, who is leading the league in that category)

The bad

- My skill. I lost again.

Kids, I want you to know that you can lose even with the best of luck. Just remember to throw 5 INTs and get sacked 6 times!

SickBoy

GG Fifty, entertaining yes, frustrating too :)

Just when you thought it was safe to run in Madden.... holy crap, I couldn't believe the fumbles... and I hold down RB pretty obsessively when I'm holding the ball.

A one point I thought there was no way I was going to buy a win... but I got lucky with a couple of plays (in particular responding very quickly to the first points off turnover)

Vince Young is a beast. Towards the end, every defensive play I called was essentially just to stop him... on a few, I audibled not one, but two guys to spy... so there were a couple of two-man rushes, and even a one-man rush at one point.

Fifty

I would have put Vince Young's 111 yards (yes, I will get 1000, but will history care?) as part of the good, but you spied him well enough and since running with him has become my entire game this season. I got too greedy again and it cost me. I'm looking forward to getting rid of him. He's a blessing and a curse. Once I get a taste of his speed I can't stop going for more.

I played a game with Rors and I was scrambling with slow-ass Phillip Rivers! I need to go to Madden rehab between seasons 1 and 2 to get it out of my head that my QB is a RB.

ChrisJames said:
dammitmatt,
we have a week 12 division game to play. Let me know when you can play (I can go tonight if you're around).

I'm playing Greg tomorrow and True Tuesday.

p.s. thanks for the bulletin board material Wellie :)

I apologize for missing that the league advanced. I was playing Halo all night and didn't know who you were when I got the friend invite! Anyway, I should be good to play tomorrow.

SickBoy

GG Striker... hard fought and I feel lucky for a second time (but not because I had to erase five fumbles this time)... with a reliable line, that team would be scary (looking at Edge's numbers if it wasn't for all the negative plays where your blocking didn't show up, he'd have been explosive...)

But the real problem is you had Leinart running the no-huddle -- that's Warner's package! :)

Also, I don't think it wound up being a big factor or anything, but I'm wondering if your pre-snap movement is possibly a little borderline (particularly bringing the safety forward and parking him closer to the line..)... not a big deal, but with the league's potential for drama....

EDIT: Ramirez (name bolded for attention-grabbingness). I'm happy to report that your play (or your centre) is the problem when it comes to the insta-pressure you saw in our game... I haven't had any similar issues running any of the plays that busted it up in any of my games since. I don't really know if you care, but I know it was on my mind after the game, the concern that they were essentially broken.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I just want to let you guy's know, I've crept out of the 3rd down conversion basement! I'm only 6th worst now!!!!! I've got from 5% to 30%!!!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey Slo, what times will you be available today? I just got word from my boss that I am getting tickets to the Yankee elimination game tonight, so like probably 10:30 PM tonight is the earliest I could go. Plus I will be tired/drunk so it should be an easy win!

dammitmattt said:
I apologize for missing that the league advanced. I was playing Halo all night and didn't know who you were when I got the friend invite! Anyway, I should be good to play tomorrow.

It's ok, I should've attached a message along with that friend invite.

I have to work until ~10:30 EST tonight and I'm also planning on playing Greg sometime tonight, but I'll get in touch with you at around 11 to see when you want to play.

The NFC playoff picture should become much more clear in the next day or two...

Slo

Wellington said:
Hey Slo, what times will you be available today? I just got word from my boss that I am getting tickets to the Yankee elimination game tonight, so like probably 10:30 PM tonight is the earliest I could go. Plus I will be tired/drunk so it should be an easy win!

Dude, I don't want to play you after the Yankees get bounced. That's like the Eeyore 5x multiplier. I'll be crushed! Go enjoy the game. We'll play tomorrow or Wednesday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
Dude, I don't want to play you after the Yankees get bounced. That's like the Eeyore 5x multiplier. I'll be crushed! Go enjoy the game. We'll play tomorrow or Wednesday.

Dammit! Fine! My problem is that you are getting all this free time to practice up. :( You probably already know all of my plays and how to score a TD on every play. :/

Slo

Wellington said:
Dammit! Fine! My problem is that you are getting all this free time to practice up. :( You probably already know all of my plays and how to score a TD on every play. :/

Or maybe that's just what I want you to think. Or maybe that's what I just wanted you to think that I wanted you to think what you think. Or do I?

ChrisJames said:
It's ok, I should've attached a message along with that friend invite.

I have to work until ~10:30 EST tonight and I'm also planning on playing Greg sometime tonight, but I'll get in touch with you at around 11 to see when you want to play.

The NFC playoff picture should become much more clear in the next day or two...

I should be online. See you then!

Ramirez

DenogginizerOS said:
WRONG!!!

I could say say the same thing about you since I asked what times were good for you before the weekend.

Sorry, had just checked the last page or so, I'm trying to play DJ right now, but if we can't get it working we could play here in a minute, or afterwards.

Edit: K we got it working, but Im down to play after this if you can. 9's fine.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Ramirez said:
Sorry, had just checked the last page or so, I'm trying to play DJ right now, but if we can't get it working we could play here in a minute, or afterwards.

I can play after 9 EST. I have Dad duties until then. ;)

LJ11

I can't remember how to add players on your LeagueDaddy Roster, any help would be appreciated.

Just a note for myself
K.Williams had 4 tackles
M.Gaines had 1 for 10

Edit: Denog we need to get our game in as well, I can do it tomorrow (watching the Yankee and Bills game tonight).

Also if you guys want to add me for some scrimmages feel free.

Fifty said:
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rosters/?lid=1307

It should be as simple as searching for their name (since almost everyone is in the system, just on the wrong team) and then switching them to your team. If it won't let you take them off the team they were on I guess you can just create them at the bottom and add them to your squad that way.

I didn't know this. Thanks Rors for doing that for me, won't ask again since apparently I can do it as well.

Rorschach

That was the second ugliest game of all time. I'm sorry either of us had to play it, Malley. I almost lost my lunch: it was that repulsive.

My receivers play like fucking idiots whenever I play Malley.

<JRuss> "Hey, bro, could you do me a favor and catch this ball I'm gonna throw to you?"
<Higgins> "Nah, it's cool...I'll just chill here for a minute while the guy behind me catches it and runs it in for a score." *pulls out a magazine*
<JRuss> "I'm gonna throw it straight at your face!"
*Higgins ducks*
*Porter ducks*
<Ty Law> Yoink!

Meanwhile, Gonzales catches floaters in between 3 guys. :(

2 of the ints were totally my fault, but the others were just fucktarded.

It wasn't pretty on Malley's side either. And to top it off, Johnson got injured for a full quarter. (The fourth, which "coincidently," was when I scored most of my points)

Finally saw a booth review, btw. It does exist!

Rorschach

Let's do lotto. I want the Pats. :[

Rorschach to Moss reunion tour coming to a 360 near you. Imagine the things I could do with that defense....unf!

livewire you fraud! how could you not pick your skins with the top pick? i would be chompin at the bit to get the niners if i didn't have them the first season!

Rorschach

:lol @ Ray Lewis TV Funhouse skit

I forgot all about that one.

:lol Vick "and then I threw him a bone...yeah, I underthrew him a bone..."

Fifty

I would have voted for an option to not ban it but to say that people should not do it on nearly every down. That's the only time when it bothers me (I only saw it once, and I believe it was Vumpler). Weird things happen in this game in regards to blocking, but banning it outright (yes, I know I voted for that) would take too much away from the game I think. This can be controlled by having people play realistically and not pinch on almost every down.

LukeSmith

Jube, Malley, I can do this stuff either really late tonight or definitely tomorrow evening, watching MNF and late PST will probably keep working on this new playbook.

Jube3

im just playing some nba and watching Romo play catch with the other team :lol just shoot me a message when you're free.

God. Dammmmiiiiiiitttttt!!!!!1011!!!!

Seiously, a 1 point loss!?! Why must you tease me Lord? :lol

I missed a field goal on my first drive, wide left, that would have won the game for me in retrospect. Very intense game. Damn.

GG Matt.

Fifty

Nice to see a bunch of games getting made up tonight. Go Saints!

Truelize, play your games! You're 3 games behind and I always see you on Halo. We have 4 nights (starting tomorrow) left in this week, it'd be great if you could get at least two of those done. DM is almost always around so that should be an easy one to get you rolling (err, losing)

edit: To be fair, I guess I could say the same thing to Jube, Greg and Luke..but I see Truelize on XBL more so he got the lecture

yeah not sure what's up w/ truelize playing. he said he couldn't play cause of thanksgiving and then he's been on halo 3 every night since it came out (that i've seen). maybe it's someone else on his 360 i guess, but if not come on dude, i know you're 0-7 but there is still time to turn it around!*

*if you had mike vick

Fifty

Ramirez, proud as I am that you are a budding Halo superstar, I'm even prouder that you can find time to slum with us and play your madden games!

Top Bottom