• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True go into the nba league thread :lol

And congrats on your win.

GG True.

That was a crushing loss...that's all I can say right now :(

I'm going to be gone from Thursday 'til Sunday, FMT. So we can play our week 13 game Sunday night or before Thursday if you would prefer.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whatcha watch on tv tonight Bob?

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Whatcha watch on tv tonight Bob?

51CH30NMFXL._SS500_.jpg

Striker

Good game, FMT

That Gore reception was KILLER! :(

I didn't take command of a player to tackle him since I figured, ya know, the CPU would do something about it. I suppose not. :\

That play to Boldin early on was a beauty, :lol ... I didn't even think he would've caught it, but out of nowhere, one handed TD! I had a strong feeling he caught it with both feet in, thus the Challenge flag.

Too bad that's the only highlight of my offense, aside from the 40-yard gain by James to set it up.

yeah that was a good game. thought i was in for a long night after the way you moved the ball on that first drive. i don't know how i kept you at bay for the entire first half (i had horrible field position all half) but that's the only reason i won. that and the choice to NOT go for the 2 point conversion at the beginning of the 4th! you see people, i was up 5, could have gone up 7! instead, i kick the xp and go up 6. then i get a fg to go up 9. if i had gone for 2 and MISSED, that fg would have still only meant a 1 score game. think about it!

bluemax

Banned
I shot myself in the foot in a comeback attempt against Konex, sigh.

I need to figure out the secret to rolling out on every pass attempt like some of the people I've played this season, with the constant blitzing to get to LT I have no time to pass until people start playing off.

Fifty

Not that I really care since I always use the User CP to get to this thread, but I just noticed that the online forum has been moved! we're now a sub forum of the lowly gaming forum. We're going to have to fight for our independence! Get your muskets!

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Not that I really care since I always use the User CP to get to this thread, but I just noticed that the online forum has been moved! we're now a sub forum of the lowly gaming forum. We're going to have to fight for our independence! Get your muskets!

5w9l7d.jpg

Matrix

SickBoy

bluemax said:
I shot myself in the foot in a comeback attempt against Konex, sigh.

I need to figure out the secret to rolling out on every pass attempt like some of the people I've played this season, with the constant blitzing to get to LT I have no time to pass until people start playing off.

The rolling out gets a bit ridiculous at times, but then all sorts of things do :) Needless to say, the rollout isn't Carson Palmer's forte.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
bill.jpg

DEFEND THIS PLACE, TO THE VERY LAST MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

duel.gif

IT IS NOT GAME OVER

bill-pullman01.jpg

who are we kidding....

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hahahah ...

Luke I am out of town until tomorrow evening late.... lets try for then or friday.... greg let me know what's good man

LukeSmith

Malleymal said:
hahahah ...

Luke I am out of town until tomorrow evening late.... lets try for then or friday.... greg let me know what's good man

This weekend is my birthdayz and I have company and such all weekend, might be hard to connect before Monday and you're out of town. Thursday evening COULD work though, depending on what time you can go. I'll be around part of the night.

Mrbob

I should be home around 5PM central time tommorrow night.

I will be free except for 8-9 central, when, uhhhhhh, The Office is on. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Man I hate this game. The defense does WAY too many things that are super unrealistic. 2 of the INTs I threw today in my game to DM were complete BS. I just now threw a quick 10 pass to Dunn on a curl. Dunn had a guy on his left so was open to his right. I throw a bullet, the ball is going straight at him, behind him by about 4 yards is another defender. Does the pass go straight to Dunn? No, no, no, no, no. It takes a sharp left as it gets close to him, the defender behind Dunn who is standing with his feet square to the endzone suddenly breaks to the left of the field running away from the ball, goes into an animation where he is looking back over his shoulder and catches the ball under his left arm. Absolutely impossible. The game puts animations together in the most retarded ways possible.

I hate it. I don't even know how you guys have fun this is piece of crap. I even won a game finally and that wasn't fun. When will we ever see a football game where the players are humans and make realistic adjustments?

I mean how more boring could a game be when the player I am playing against gets 59 yards total offense and still wins cause he kicked a FG and ran back an INT, wow the defense sure is fast when running the ball back. :p

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I know I am not in the league, but the original GAF Madden Champ finally played some online 08 today. We finally got the internet working better than dial-up and my first game was my Texans against the Patriots.

I made the guy quit. I think the final score was something like 28-3. I will jump in the next season.

Matrix

And you can have the Texans Dskillz or play Smokey Bones for them.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
And you can have the Texans Dskillz or play Smokey Bones for them.

I hear ya. :lol DCX is more than welcome to have the Falcons. I'll take some super powered team. Then when I complain I will at least be able to complain about different things.

Matrix check your pms.

Matrix

Truelize said:
I hear ya. :lol DCX is more than welcome to have the Falcons. I'll take some super powered team. Then when I complain I will at least be able to complain about different things.

:lol

I'm sick of landing on my ass 6 or 7 times a game.I want a team with an Oline!

Btw check the NBA thread.

Rorschach

You guys and Wellie are all traitors! Truelize: take the Tennessee Vick Jrs! Although, I don't know why you would play next season if you really hate it. Don't commit yourself to something you hate.
Truelize said:
I mean how more boring could a game be when the player I am playing against gets 59 yards total offense and still wins cause he kicked a FG and ran back an INT, wow the defense sure is fast when running the ball back. :p
Uh...welcome to DMarty ball? I don't know why you people keep falling for his trap.

:lol How the hell can you only run 25 offensive plays, DM?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

I'm sick of landing on my ass 6 or 7 times a game.I want a team with an Oline!

Or at least a QB that can hand the ball off before the defense can give him a reach around. More than twice in my game against DM his Dline had tackled my HB either before he had the ball or as he was getting it. It's like my QB steps aside and watches the defense come at Dunn and then hands him the ball as he gets tackled.

"Oh take this with you too Warrick."

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
You guys and Wellie are all traitors! Truelize: take the Tennessee Vick Jrs! Although, I don't know why you would play next season if you really hate it. Don't commit yourself to something you hate.

It's tough man. I hate losing when I don't feel it's due to either my mistakes or to my opponents great play. When I throw a bad pass like the one that DM intercepted I'm mad at myself. When I watch 3 guys from his defense bust through the line before the QB even has a chance to turn around to give the ball up on a dive I get frustrated.

I play in the Madden leagues because I like you guys, not the game. And even though the "Dad's" get on my case cause I'm always late playing my games I couldn't handle not being involved. I do feel good for a moment when I get my one token win a season though. That's nice.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
You guys and Wellie are all traitors!

You would feel the same way as True and I if you pulled your gameshark out!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh oh, daddy just hit mommy. Don't look kids. Daddy is just angry, he's just angry. Daddy gets angry sometimes.

Andokuky

Banned
So I loaded up Madden earlier today only to notice my profile was magically deleted. I reordered my controls around and now I can't audible anyone to block. WTF?

Rorschach

Andokuky said:
So I loaded up Madden earlier today only to notice my profile was magically deleted. I reordered my controls around and now I can't audible anyone to block. WTF?
Whatever you do, don't save your new profile. Try it again without the HDD and see how it goes. If it plays fine, try it one more time with HDD in. If it goes bad, then you might have to delete the file from the hard drive. :\ You can delete settings/profile without deleting franchise/rosters.

Andokuky

Banned
Rorschach said:
Whatever you do, don't save your new profile. Try it again without the HDD and see how it goes. If it plays fine, try it one more time with HDD in. If it goes bad, then you might have to delete the file from the hard drive. :\ You can delete settings/profile without deleting franchise/rosters.

Well I already saved earlier and started my game with Bob. Now not only does it not block when I say but it chooses the wrong guys to block. Like I select Henry and it makes a WR block instead. Already fucked up plays. This is crap.

Andokuky

Banned
GG Bob. I almost feel guilty about all that pressure (Rice has been ridiculous since God gave him to me on a roster update but honestly you helped him out a lot with all the rollouts) but all those bullshit fumbles made up for it imho. That would have been a shitty game to lose.

Andokuky

Banned
Fifty said:
As long as you didn't break your "throw to Javon Walker" button, I think you'll be just fine.

Too bad Bob didn't leave him in single coverage deep multiple times like you did :( 1 catch for him on a screen. I only threw to him like 4 times though. This whole not able to make guys block shit is really going to suck.

Fifty

I was going to go ahead and sneak my W13 game in last night but it got cancelled and I forgot to lock the week up. Because of my mistake I'm going to keep the week unlocked. sshh..Might as well give the majority of people who are done their games early a reward.

Top Bottom