• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Nice to see a bunch of games getting made up tonight. Go Saints!

Truelize, play your games! You're 3 games behind and I always see you on Halo. We have 4 nights (starting tomorrow) left in this week, it'd be great if you could get at least two of those done. DM is almost always around so that should be an easy one to get you rolling (err, losing)

edit: To be fair, I guess I could say the same thing to Jube, Greg and Luke..but I see Truelize on XBL more so he got the lecture

Try reading the thread dad. ChrisJames on Tuesday night, DM on Wednesday. Chill out.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yeah not sure what's up w/ truelize playing. he said he couldn't play cause of thanksgiving and then he's been on halo 3 every night since it came out (that i've seen). maybe it's someone else on his 360 i guess, but if not come on dude, i know you're 0-7 but there is still time to turn it around!*

Every night? I got home this afternoon after being away all weekend. And seeing as I set my games up for this week already I didn't think I had to check in with the two lords of Madden. You two can really be a pain when you completely freakin forget the conversations we have already had. Seriously take some notes or something.

Fifty

Truelize said:
Try reading the thread dad. ChrisJames on Tuesday night, DM on Wednesday. Chill out.

We're just doing our job. Not fun but it's part of running a full league. I had just spoken to DM minutes before I posted and he didn't tell me a game was set up. I'm glad it's all sorted out, sorry I missed something in the thread. Let's just leave it at that.

Every night? I got home this afternoon after being away all weekend. And seeing as I set my games up for this week already I didn't think I had to check in with the two lords of Madden. You two can really be a pain when you completely freakin forget the conversations we have already had. Seriously take some notes or something.

:lol

nagging is the only way to get people to play, otherwise games lag by 2 weeks or more ;)

i don't care if you move your safety into a COVERAGE position, what i care about.... well lets be honest, the only player who was pulling that crap is no longer in the league. but JUST incase, what i'm talking about is bunching the players near the line to get better QB pressure

p.s. yes i had forgotten to change to the 6 min quarters!

DMczaf

* NEW RULE! No half back or WR PASSING.

nfl_a_tomlinson_195.jpg

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/rules/?lid=1307

fellas don't forget to check out the new rule changes! (and no, line pinching isn't one of them unfortunately!)

* NEW RULE! "Can I go for it on 4th and 1 or less in a tie game in the opponents territory in the 4th quarter?" Yes!

Damn, that could have saved me....

* NEW RULE! No half back or WR PASSING. In other words, the half back pass, the WR reverse pass, or the double pass (snap ball, pass to WR, WR passes to another WR). They are not 100% successful, but they are glitchy enough to warrant a ban. Just don't do them guys.
I don't know about this one. The WR rule is ok. WR passing is bullshit because the AI does not react to it correctly and defenders will actually run right past the WR. Also, I haven't seen anyone run it.

RB pass is iffy because some teams like SD actually use it and it's not really all that successful. It gives you a chance to pick off LT!

I say this now, but watch me complain when bluemax beats me with it. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol

nagging is the only way to get people to play, otherwise games lag by 2 weeks or more ;)

It's not nagging when you forget both my posts in this forum AND our conversations on AIM.

Franklin maybe?

It's not nagging when you forget both my posts in this forum AND our conversations on AIM.

Franklin maybe?

oh i forgot, you are the only other player in this league. btw i keep AIM log conversations of every chat session i have. i also have every post in this thread individually linked for my own reference. it's pretty easy to keep track since you are the only person i have to talk to about playing his missed games. oh wait....

Zep

Banned
j A ck Me 0 0 7 (12:47:50 AM): fmt
j A ck Me 0 0 7 (12:47:53 AM): why?
WhosSorryNow015 (12:48:09 AM): what did i do?
j A ck Me 0 0 7 (12:48:18 AM): nothing.
WhosSorryNow015 (12:48:23 AM): there is nothing wrong with licking your own semen off a hookers chest
WhosSorryNow015 (12:48:27 AM): if its someone elses then you're a *****
WhosSorryNow015 (12:48:29 AM): not your own tho
j A ck Me 0 0 7 (12:48:33 AM): oh
j A ck Me 0 0 7 (12:48:42 AM): thanks for clearing that up
WhosSorryNow015 (12:48:46 AM): np
WhosSorryNow015 signed off at 12:50:43 AM.

Don't ask.

I just had the craziest game with ChrisJames. I couldn't move the ball thanks to CJ's sticky-fingered DBs, but lucked into 21 points anyway from two big offensive plays and an interception return. CJ quickly scored to end the half 21-20. In the second half, I could not do a damn thing, but my defense held firm as I intercepted CJ inside the redzone. One more punt later and we're past the two minute warning when I force CJ into a 4th and 8 from near midfield. He combats my all-out blitz by dumping a pass into the flats to Steve Smith for what the game calls a first down. However, there is no way Smith had two feet in and I am fuming because it's inside the two-minute warning and I can't challenge the play. At the last second, the game decides to do a booth review and sure enough, the replay clearly shows that Smith didn't get the second foot down. It's my ball and I need a first down to end the game. I run off tackle with Reggie Bush and he promptly fumbles the ball when the nearest defender looked at him. Thankfully, my closest player picked up the ball, and I was able to convert and run out the clock to preserve my 21-20 victory.

4 in a row and I'm not stopping for anyone! Excuse me league management, I need to move out from the cellar in the power rankings!!!!!

Zep

Banned
dammitmattt said:
I just had the craziest game with ChrisJames. I couldn't move the ball thanks to CJ's sticky-fingered DBs, but lucked into 21 points anyway from two big offensive plays and an interception return. CJ quickly scored to end the half 21-20. In the second half, I could not do a damn thing, but my defense held firm as I intercepted CJ inside the redzone. One more punt later and we're past the two minute warning when I force CJ into a 4th and 8 from near midfield. He combats my all-out blitz by dumping a pass into the flats to Steve Smith for what the game calls a first down. However, there is no way Smith had two feet in and I am fuming because it's inside the two-minute warning and I can't challenge the play. At the last second, the game decides to do a booth review and sure enough, the replay clearly shows that Smith didn't get the second foot down. It's my ball and I need a first down to end the game. I run off tackle with Reggie Bush and he promptly fumbles the ball when the nearest defender looked at him. Thankfully, my closest player picked up the ball, and I was able to convert and run out the clock to preserve my 21-20 victory.

4 in a row and I'm not stopping for anyone! Excuse me league management, I need to move out from the cellar in the power rankings!!!!!

Unfortunately, you gotta play me.

GG Greg.

I'm 1-1 (7-3) now.

This is getting intense. True let's play tonight!

-The top 7 NFC teams are all within a game of each other.

--also, thanks for giving the details of our game Matt. That was some crazy shiz.

---I have the worst opponent record in the league, .385 :lol :(

Fifty

ChrisJames said:
GG Greg.

-The top 7 NFC teams are all within a game of each other.

Kudos on your record! NOT. Way to get a free ride with the Panthers!.... I'm so bitter.

Just played a game with my Ravens. Dominated as usual on D. I hate the Titans!

I also made a huge discovery..I can't believe how little I know this game considering how much I talk about it. I said that I thought you couldn't take control of WRs online like you can offline, and no one corrected me when I posted that. Today I found out that you can.

I was pressing RB and nothing was happening, but my problem was that I didn't press B first to select the WR (like motion). DURRR! Select the WR with B and then press the lead blocker/WR control button. Now I've discovered that I can have the AI take up to 100% of my passing snaps on offense. Brilliant!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Your O was pretty nasty,then again you dont need that with the insane int happy Raven D :(

6 ints,I was playing like Romo *weeps*

Striker

Sorry about last night fmt, I fell asleep :lol

I'm in class right now and will not be home until 2 or 2:30 PM est.

I can play tonight for sure, but I'll be on Halo sometime, too. :D

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:

I have not attempted a single HB pass this season.

Rorschach said:
RB pass is iffy because some teams like SD actually use it and it's not really all that successful. It gives you a chance to pick off LT!

I say this now, but watch me complain when bluemax beats me with it. :(

Now that you mention it...

rules said:
* NEW RULE! No manually moving multiple secondary/linebackers near the line of scrimmage. In other words, you know it's going to be a run, so you pick your SS and move him up to the line. Then you pick the FS and do the same. Then you pick the linebackers and do the same. This is BS and cause for auto-loss.

Praise jebus!

Holy crap, I just realized LT has accounted for 48% of my offensive yards. The Chargers are nothing without Gates and LT.

Hmm, then again for comparison sake LJ accounts for 57% of Malley's offense.

Andokuky

Banned
I thought it was always a league rule that you can only move one player on defense, period? If not then it should be. So it is ok to move one? Like if I am in 4-3 and think run, I can take Ferguson and move him towards the LOS?

What if a game is tied and I have a 4th and 1 or less in my opponents territory? This has come up plenty of times and I think it should be user discretion.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I just know the next patch will probably finish me off. SA will prolly be rated below 90, Mack will be gone, they might even list Branch and Hackett as injured.

LJ11

Good game Jube! Those early fumbles had me rattled. Forced a few throws to compensate, which made things worse, but my Red Zone bailed me out. Stopping those screens to Moss is harder than it looks.

Here are your stats:

Defensive
Player TKL TKLoss SCK INT INT YDs Pass Defl FF FR DTD
#54 T. Bruschi (ILB) 4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
#59 R. Colvin (OLB) 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
#21 R. Gay (DB) 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
#37 R. Harrison (SS) 5 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
#27 E. Hobbs (CB) 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
#50 M. Vrabel (OLB) 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
#28 T. James (DB) 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0
#22 A. Samuel (CB) 4 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0
#93 R. Seymour (DE) 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
#96 A. Thomas (DE) 7 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
#94 T. Warren (DE) 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
#75 V. Wilfork (NT)
#26 E. Wilson (FS) 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
#58 P. Woods (LB) 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Meriweather 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0
Seau 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Passing YDS TD INT COMP ATT Sack Long
Brady 247 2 2 15 21 5 78

Rushing YDS TD ATT FUM BTK LNG
Maroney 38 0 13 0 5 16
Morris 10 0 2 0 0 6
Evans 3 0 1 0 0 3
Faulk 3 0 1 0 1 3

Receiving RECP YDS TD YAC DRP Long
Moss 4 101 1 104 0 78
Welker 3 45 0 6 1 20
Thomas 2 34 1 8 0 22
Maroney 2 42 0 45 0 41
Stallworth 1 13 0 0 0 13
Watson 1 8 0 8 0 8
Faulk 1 4 0 11 0 4
Morris 1 0 0 6 0 0

Kicking FGM FGA Long
Gotskowski 3 3 36

Punting Punt# PYards Inside20
Hanson 3 102 1

Kick Return KR# KRYards KRTD Long
Hobbs 4 111 0 32
Welker 2 52 0 26
Brown 1 25 0 25

Punt Return PR# PRYards PRTD Long
Welker 1 25 0 25

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
Holy Shit 38-37 Buffalo. LJ Playoff bound BELIEVE

BILLIEVE

I'm just trying to compete, this game was one TD away from being a blowout the other way. D saved my ass.

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
livewire you fraud! how could you not pick your skins with the top pick? i would be chompin at the bit to get the niners if i didn't have them the first season!

Playing as the Redskins is for fun. This....

This is business.

Rorschach

I say take the Redskins. It would be really embarrassing to take the most overpowered team and not make the playoffs, Livewire. Not that I'm saying it will happen for sure, but there's always that possibility. Lots of pressure!

I'll take the New England Spying Tuck Rules off your hands.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If you end up with a worse record than I, Striker, I would not be upset if you took the Giants next season. In fact I would be thrilled!

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
I say take the Redskins. It would be really embarrassing to take the most overpowered team and not make the playoffs, Livewire. Not that I'm saying it will happen for sure, but there's always that possibility. Lots of pressure!

I'll take the New England Spying Tuck Rules off your hands.

There's only room for one on this golfcart, my friend! :lol

Jube3

Man 2 rough games for me today, the madden gods were against me it seems lol. Gonna have to go on a run to salvage my record. Gunstar and LJ played really good too, GG's guys.

EDIT: HUGE THANKS btw LJ for taking the time out to write out those stats. My 360 is getting closer to the RROD it seems. Freezes after the game ends. Having problems with halo 3 too :(

Slo

Shit shit shit. No playoffs for me this year. From now on I'm going to tank so I can get my Vikes again next season. Back off you vultures!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
On the one hand, Eli is fucking terrible in this game.

On the other, the stat update made Burress godlike.

Third, Slo's offense is fucking sick, good lord.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
On the one hand, Eli is fucking terrible in this game.

On the other, the stat update made Burress godlike.

Third, Slo's offense is fucking sick, good lord.

TJack on the roll is too fucking fast. He killed me with PA roll outs all day.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well it happened. I wonned a game. I even had a spectacular game with Norwood (Dunn got hurt after 3 plays and I took him outta my rotation when we played the second game)

Chris and I had a really smooth first quarter and then hit some crazy lag at the start of the second. I couldn't even select a defensive play. So we restarted and played 3 more quarters. It's a good thing I had a strong first quarter or I would still be winless. :)

GG Chris.

I know there is no chance of this happening but I would like to nominate Norwood

Norwood, Jerious (RB) 183 yards, 2 TDs, 9.6 average, 19 attempts, 67 longest run

Not a bad game at all for my second string HB

I wonder if I can get a second win?

Top Bottom