• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Mrbob

Yeah Rice is a beast. I literally had to run to the outside to give me some time on passing plays. He was crashing through the middle like nobodies business.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Bob, what shows are you watching tonight? Maybe we can schedule my loss to you in there at some point. I know you are watching the hour long office.

Mrbob

Your loss? I'm reeling off back to back losses now, with no offensive line to speak of anymore. I'll lose by at least 20! :D

DMczaf

Wellington said:
Maybe we can schedule my loss to you in there at some point.

Mini-Posters-Winnie-the-pooh---Eeyore-71119.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Your loss? I'm reeling off back to back losses now, with no offensive line to speak of anymore. I'll lose by at least 20! :D
Do you want to play tonight or no?

BTW I do believe I have the toughest schedule for the rest of the season:

MrBob
Gunstar
Sableholic
LJ11
Jube.

Pretty sick. 8-8 here I come.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, I've statistically had the hardest first 10 games, and I've got another BiggyZ game, Gunstar, ChrisJames. Throw in a tough Striker, and my ole rival True. And then throw in the unknown game against daw840.

Add's up to...
game_over.jpg

Rorschach

If I hear one of you guys with icon pass/run defense talk about their lack of an oline, I'll send Derrick Burgess to sack you at home. >:|

Andokuky said:
Yay the Raiders up next. I should be free for another beating today or tonight if you're around Rors.
I'm waiting around for the plumber, so I don't know exactly what time I can go, but for sure I'll be able to go later tonight. I'll contact you on AIM or XBL when I can go.

Wellington said:

MrBob
Gunstar
Sableholic
LJ11
Jube.

i think mines one of the toughest left as well.

lj, mrbob, you, slo, and shawn. 8-8 here I come as well.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
hey, I've statistically had the hardest first 10 games, and I've got another BiggyZ game, Gunstar, ChrisJames. Throw in a tough Striker, and my ole rival True. And then throw in the unknown game against daw840.

Man I hope I can at least give you some competition. I would be plenty happy if the rest of my games were at least not lopsided. But I play Luke and his Colts next and the last time we played online he raped me for 50+.

Wellington said:

MrBob
Gunstar
Sableholic
LJ11
Jube.

I think everyone is on to you bro! Your feigned self deprecation is something that nobody is buying anymore!! Everyone knows you're a tough game, so you can stop...:lol

Quit taking Wellie's lead Sable... I know you guys are going to try and do everything you can to win out!!

Lonestar

man, sometimes this shit just isn't fair. Hey FMT, how about this for a crazy poll, no RB's with speed higher than 88! :lol :lol

Some more crazy fumbles. Branch fumbles a kickoff...and Mack Strong picks it up and runs a 70 yard TD...and I don't know how to stat that! KR TD for now. One of those "RB got spat on" fumbles, and Gun gets the "WR had the ball for 0.0001 seconds and fumbles it" ones. And if the AI blocks a WR's route entirely, it won't get called for PI. Had Morris on an Out route out of the backfield...and he gets hung up on the LB's. Keeps going straight...and straight...and straight....Collision detection doesn't work, even after 25 yards!

LiveWire

Shawnwhann said:
I think everyone is on to you bro! Your feigned self deprecation is something that nobody is buying anymore!! Everyone knows you're a tough game, so you can stop...:lol

Quit taking Wellie's lead Sable... I know you guys are going to try and do everything you can to win out!!

Wellie's not that hard to beat. He gameplans well, much like I do, but he is limited by his favorite team.

I have decided to not limit myself any longer and make a deal with the Devil. Brady and Moss will dominate GAF Madden Season 11. Write it down.

Fifty

hahahaha I have the worst luck ever CONFIRMED

just played 3 qtrs with Matrix...I get to the 1 yard line with my TE..I'm tackled, so I call a QB sneak..it's first and goal. TD! No, wait...holding! So it's 1st and goal at the 10 instead of a TD. I call another pass to my TE. He catches it! Touchdown! No, wait, he fumbles!! hahahahaha. A penalty and then a fumble. Two TDs taken away in two plays!!

Fifty

SO F'ING CLOSE! SO CLOSE SO CLOSE SO CLOSE SO CLOSE

Aside from plays *I* (or AI Bullock) make, my D is so breakable. Bunch of bitches!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn you really are cursed in league play,you had that game.

And I almost chocked it away,I rock.

"hahahaha I have the worst luck ever CONFIRMED

'just played 3 qtrs with Matrix...I get to the 1 yard line with my TE..I'm tackled, so I call a QB sneak..it's first and goal. TD! No, wait...holding! So it's 1st and goal at the 10 instead of a TD. I call another pass to my TE. He catches it! Touchdown! No, wait, he fumbles!! hahahahaha. A penalty and then a fumble. Two TDs taken away in two plays!"

:lol

I couldnt help but laugh when that happened,I couldnt believe it.

Fifty

I was so stunned. I didn't panic after the holding call, just laughing it off (they never call penalties in this game, but of course they did there!) and since you refused to cover my TE that game (and spy VY) I knew I could throw it in or scramble if the pass wasn't there..Only to have him get caught up in a lengthy tackle animation and lose it on the way down...WHY DIDN'T I CHALLENGE? Ugh, it might have been one of the game's BS fumbles that are there just to justify the challenge system.

Andokuky

Banned
Ok there is a lot of weird shit going on since the whole profile not found crap.

I am still unable to make players block on offense.

I failed a challenge against Bob and I was unable to pick a play following that. Had to wait for the clock to wind down and let Madden pick for me. Bob comes out in a 3WR set so naturally Madden gives me 4-6.

I am unable to change my starting FB. I don't want Mike Bell back there but apparently I am stuck with him unless he gets tired.

In a game with Rors tonight, on at least 4 occasions I was unable to switch to any player besides Lynch or Paymah.

I think the last 3 are more typical flaws and glitches the game has but the first one is getting fucking annoying. Anyone know how the fix it? Should I make yet another profile?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think I user stripped that ball right as you were crossing the goaline.I just hate the fact you can replay stuff online,I would have loved to see exactly how it went down.It was just a pile of bodies and the next thing I know Super Mario has the ball! F-ing Young chased him down though.

Just a bizzare turn in the game.Still if your D would have held me on that final drive you would have won.

I played Dm ball,I think I passed once on that final drive to set up Brown's fg.

Lonestar

whoa, I know what Fifty's talking about....I thoroughly outplayed Rorschach's Vikes, except for the "WEEE, lets run through 15 people and score 60 yard TD's" and other such vile showing of "defense" And people really are butterfingers. Yet I went 19-25 for 256 2 TD's and a pick. And only spam ran him once, for 29 yards....fucking defense!

Fifty

I just noticed that Jarvis Moss of Denver has jumped to the top of the tackles for loss and sacks leaderboards..I went to check out why that happened and it seems as if in week 13 he had 9 tackles, 7 for loss and 7 sacks..Did that really happen?

Ridiculous as Mark Anderson's 17 sacks were, seeing a player with 25 sacks on the season is far worse.

Make it 5 in a row after I squeaked one out over DMczaf. Deuce's torn ACL = my rabbit foot. It's too bad that I'm not in the AFC, becasue even if I won out, 10-6 wouldn't be good enough :(

DMczaf

I tell myself not to turn the ball over and to play good D for 4 quarters

I guess 3 1/2 quarters is good enough....

michaelclayton_l200708171605.jpg

+

fumble.jpg

=

:(

Striker

Fifty said:
hahahaha I have the worst luck ever CONFIRMED
Is that as bad as:

Playing your scheduled game and winning 24-10 in the closing seconds of the 3rd Quarter to have the game disconnect on you? Then you play another, to only lose. :\

My defense was alive in the first one. Then the second game comes along, they decide to let players run by them without trying to tackle them.

Matrix

Thanks a lot Matt :( You beat Dm so he's going to take his anger out on me next week.He never loses two in a row.

*weeps*

AZ Greg

Ok, I need to get caught up on my games.

Malley, Cold, and Shawn, let me know if any of you can play our game tomorrow (Friday). I should be flexible for the weekend as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Wellie's not that hard to beat. He gameplans well, much like I do, but he is limited by his favorite team.

I have decided to not limit myself any longer and make a deal with the Devil. Brady and Moss will dominate GAF Madden Season 11. Write it down.
While I agree I have been limited by my team (world of difference playing with Favre in the rookie league), my last couple of games have been won because I started utilizing different strengths after my two losses in a row. And of course, if you're going to start giving away how I will play people I had to change it up.

Andokuky

Banned
Fifty said:
I just noticed that Jarvis Moss of Denver has jumped to the top of the tackles for loss and sacks leaderboards..I went to check out why that happened and it seems as if in week 13 he had 9 tackles, 7 for loss and 7 sacks..Did that really happen?

Ridiculous as Mark Anderson's 17 sacks were, seeing a player with 25 sacks on the season is far worse.

Actually here are the stats of Jarvis Moss:

8 tackles, 4 for loss, 3 sacks

The rest of his stats (32 tackles, 26 for loss, 21 sacks) are Simeon Rice. I have asked multiple times for him to be added to my roster or if there is a way for me to do it myself and no one replied so I just keep marking Rice down as Moss. Jarvis hasn't played a snap since Rice got put in the update and now Dumervil is the backup on that end.

And yea, Rice did get 7 sacks in that game against the Bears mostly because Grossman was constantly rolling out to the side Rice was on. Anyway, you are on pace to break the NFL record for times sacked and I'm on pace for almost 60 times sacked myself so I don't know what you mean by "far worse", as if I am doing something wrong. Welcome to Madden 08. There's a reason 3-4 guys are on pace to break the season sack record. Line play sucks. Guys get right through all the time. I rarely have to call a blitz because usually someone on the line breaks right through. I don't bunch my line, I don't move guys around. Also, over half of his sacks were from just 2 games. If you weren't so scramble happy and Bob rolls out right instead of left, maybe he has 13 or 14 sacks.

Anyway, for some reason Rice is still on Tampa Bay. Any way to get him where he belongs?

Fifty

Andokuky said:
Actually here are the stats of Jarvis Moss:

8 tackles, 4 for loss, 3 sacks

The rest of his stats (32 tackles, 26 for loss, 21 sacks) are Simeon Rice. I have asked multiple times for him to be added to my roster or if there is a way for me to do it myself and no one replied so I just keep marking Rice down as Moss. Jarvis hasn't played a snap since Rice got put in the update and now Dumervil is the backup on that end.

And yea, Rice did get 7 sacks in that game against the Bears mostly because Grossman was constantly rolling out to the side Rice was on. Anyway, you are on pace to break the NFL record for times sacked and I'm on pace for almost 60 times sacked myself so I don't know what you mean by "far worse", as if I am doing something wrong. Welcome to Madden 08. There's a reason 3-4 guys are on pace to break the season sack record. Line play sucks. Guys get right through all the time. I rarely have to call a blitz because usually someone on the line breaks right through. I don't bunch my line, I don't move guys around. Also, over half of his sacks were from just 2 games. If you weren't so scramble happy and Bob rolls out right instead of left, maybe he has 13 or 14 sacks.

Anyway, for some reason Rice is still on Tampa Bay. Any way to get him where he belongs?

The only time I remember reading that inquiry, I told someone how to fix those roster problems..I forget who it was though..this thread moves so fast. Anyway, he's now on the Broncos, so you can give him the stats he deserves.

There's no need to get defensive. Sorry if my language made you feel you had to defend yourself. I was just saying it was a bad thing insomuch as it seemed like a ridiculous amount and breaking an NFL record by a fair margin so I wondered what was up. You're right about my times getting sacked though, and that line play (o line blocking linemen) is busted and therefore the times sacked/sacks will be unrealistically high.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
While I agree I have been limited by my team (world of difference playing with Favre in the rookie league), my last couple of games have been won because I started utilizing different strengths after my two losses in a row. And of course, if you're going to start giving away how I will play people I had to change it up.

Your secrets are safe, don't worry. (Unless someone PMs me offering a modest PayPal sum!)

Basically what I was saying is that you play the Giants as one would expect the Giants to playcall given the talent they have on the team--which is to say, usually a lot different than the real-life Giants playcalling. :lol You should be the Jints offensive coordinator.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LiveWire said:
Your secrets are safe, don't worry. (Unless someone PMs me offering a modest PayPal sum!)

Basically what I was saying is that you play the Giants as one would expect the Giants to playcall given the talent they have on the team--which is to say, usually a lot different than the real-life Giants playcalling. :lol You should be the Jints offensive coordinator.

Pretty much the same could be said for anyone in this league and their team, though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AZ Greg said:
Ok, I need to get caught up on my games.

Malley, Cold, and Shawn, let me know if any of you can play our game tomorrow (Friday). I should be flexible for the weekend as well.

How about tonight?

I should be able to take on both of you anytime today

I'll take on both the Jets owner and the Packers owner either tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm at work until 6:30 PST so keep that in mind. Please try reaching me at AIM: ProfessaSkillset

Thanks!

Lonestar

seahawks-1.jpg

seahawks-2.jpg

Jones Soda Co. Limited Edition
Seahawks Collector Pack
Jones Soda Co. created this Limited Edition Seahawks Collector Pack as a tribute to the Seattle Seahawks and a little taste of what it is like to be in the NFL. If you can get through it all, only then can you taste SWEET VICTORY.

Be tough with the little guy and

Order your Seahawks Pack Today

the Taste of Sweat
What the Pros say:
Just how good are these new flavours you ask? We've got world famous sommelier (wine taster) to give us the tasting notes on this series of limited edition flavors. His notes are:

"Using Riedel glassware.

I've decided to taste them at room temperature to allow the full flavors to come forward and not be masked by cold.

Since no one has suggested a tasting order, aside from savoring Sweet Victory last, I'm attempting to order them from lowest to highest intensity of flavor. Hope I'm in the ball park.

Here goes....

Natural Field Turf - Fairly bright green color is actually more reminiscent of the original artificial turf than natural turf. Pleasant Jolly Rancher green apple aroma. Dry with medium body. Low carbonation. Much more fresh grass flavors in the mouth. Expecting New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, but got the clippings from the mower bag. Short, relatively clean finish.

Dirt - Murky brown color appears to be stagnant pond water, or a 40-year-old Riesling that was intended to be consumed immediately upon release. Expecting aromas of "terroir," but getting more Root Beer Barrel hard candy aroma with a faint perfumy character in the background. A bit more body than Turf, but still relatively dry with low carbonation.
Some compost flavors that finish surprisingly clean.

Perspiration - Crystal clear -- almost unnaturally devoid of color. (Scares me more than any of the colored versions.) Absolutely nailed this one. Not only smells of sweat, it's as if it was wrung from a jersey that was used for an entire week of two-a-days without laundering. In a wine tasting, we would label this "DNPIM" -- do not put in mouth. Medium to full bodied. Big hit of salt and sweat in the mouth. Unfortunately, has a long, lingering aftertaste. Wow, that's nasty.

Sports Cream - Cloudy with a chalky appearance a bit reminiscent of young white wine undergoing lees stirring. Pronounced aromas of Icy Hot with general locker room aromatics in the background. Full bodied and frankly sweet. A nice menthol character balances the sweetness somewhat.
Flavors include a waxiness reminiscent of Candy Lips. Pleasant, sweet aftertaste.

Sweet Victory - Cloudy in a similar manner to Sports Cream, but with a light robin-egg-blue color. Aromas of pure cotton candy. Like Sports Cream, full bodied and very, very sweet. Cotton candy flavor with hints of toffee and creme brule in the background. Sweet aftertaste could induce hyperglycemia.

Extra credit...blend of Turf and Dirt smells like the underside of my John Deere mower that is long overdue for a cleaning.

Well, there you have it. Thanks for the chance to participate."

Order your Seahawks Pack Today

INCLUDED IN EACH PACK:

1 Natural Field Turf Soda
(featuring Josh Brown)

1 Sports Cream Soda
(featuring Matt Hasselbeck)

1 Perspiration Soda
(featuring Deion Branch)

1 Dirt Soda
(featuring Lofa Tatupu)

1 Sweet Victory Soda
(featuring Walter Jones)

PLUS

1 Special Edition Spirit of 12 Flag for the fan in you! (value $15)

A complete taste of what it’s like to be in the NFL.

Order your
Seahawks Pack Today

Ah yes...Jones Soda, grossing people out since Genesis
(man, I'm bored at work...)

Top Bottom