• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Crab just got back to me and based off of his answers I am very inclined to believe that the third person who visited Timeaisis on Night 2 is a killer of some sort. I'm not going to reveal what role I have until I get Karkador okay with it, since doing so is going to reveal his role as well.

Karkador

Banned
Say, I roleclaim first. You, QuantumBro and the third mystery person now have a chance to parrot my info, disguising yourselves. A mafia could for example, claim role cop, and just use what I claimed immediately. We'd have no idea whether or not they'd be telling the truth at that juncture. It's tricky, so I think we should discuss how we'll go about it.

Right, role-claiming is gonna be tricky, any way you slice it. Anybody can say whatever, which makes me really have to weigh the value of outing ourselves. As long as we don't clearly define our roles, there will at least be some ambiguity to who the killers should target. That's better than nothing, IMO, especially if we're still useful.

Let me put it another way: if someone in that group was meant to harm you, then someone in that group likely saved your life, unless you have your own power to survive attacks. Outing one Mafia in the group makes the other two roles rather obvious. However, outing a good guy does not make the Mafia presence obvious...we'd have to keep outing - for a potential revelation of 0 bad guys. All ultron has is a list of names, which we need to carefully consider before sending anyone else to die.

I'm still not sure if it's better to leave the third person unnamed or not. Actually, this is why I find it weird that Quantum asked if he was on the list.

However, returning to the point of your post, Karkador. Do you have an idea of how we could go about utilizing this information without having to individually roleclaim?

I was thinking the first thing we have to sort out is the information itself, without names. I already asked ultron if names repeat on the list.

Next is answering why people were targeted (including ultron on night 4). I think we need to work back into the discussions to find any possible clues.

There's also the topic of why only one person died last night, which irks curiosity in light of this.

I was thinking something like a "vote" system where each person involved would basically agree to the narrative that is presented, or deny it. Say, Ultron reveals all three names, and gives an account of what he thinks happened. Then, all four of us could vote to "agree" or "deny" his account. It's true a person's role could still be deduced, but we'd be able to, eventually reach a narrative of which we're all in agreement, thereby having a good read on what went down night 2 without explicitly indentifying anyone.

This might work, as long as no one person has the all the power to confirm/deny something - bringing us back to yesterday.

Nope. I've seen 5 different names. 1 on N1, 3 on N2, and 1 on N3.

Thanks. Two different people doing something to Palmer on different nights is worth wondering about, too.

Karkador

Banned
Crab just got back to me and based off of his answers I am very inclined to believe that the third person who visited Timeaisis on Night 2 is a killer of some sort. I'm not going to reveal what role I have until I get Karkador okay with it, since doing so is going to reveal his role as well.

Can you somehow explain it without naming names, at least?

Palmer_v1

Alright, I'm sick of nothing happening as we get picked off one or two at a time at night and kill each other as well. Also, I think I'm probably going to die soon. So, time to be dramatic.

I have a role that lets me target someone at night and find out who else targets them. I’m on the town side.

I’m not going to say who targeted each person at this time (though I do have those names), because that would likely be blowing more Town roles’ cover than Mafia members, but I think there is stuff we can learn simply by the numbers. I think some insights into what has been happening at night will help things instead of us stumbling about entirely blindly. Also, this will hopefully lend me legitimacy in the eyes of those who know that they did target these people each night.

Night 1: I targeted Palmer_V1. He was targeted by one other person.

Not much I can say about this. I picked Palmer as someone who had at least posted a bunch. Someone might know something about Palmer? But it could’ve been a more offensive role like a role blocker making a similar random guess.

Night 2: I targeted Timeaisis. He was targeted by three other people.

So a lot of people looked at Time this night. He was pretty talky, so that makes sense. This was the night that Duress died. My current theory is that one of these people was a Mafia trying to kill Time, another was a town doctor preventing that kill, and a third was something else. That would explain why only one person died that night. So, I think Timeaisis is town.

Night 3: Back to Palmer_V1. He was visited by one person.

I went back to Palmer as a semi random guess to try and catch a Mafia killer in the act, but didn’t luck out. Shrug. We know there’s another chance that someone might have some info.

Night 4: I got role blocked.

Assuming a traditional blocking role, someone targeted me to prevent me from doing anything. That suggests that someone on the Mafia team might think I have a power role, based on what I’ve been saying/doing in the thread.

Which is accurate, I suppose, since I do indeed have a role. However, I haven’t really used the info I’ve gotten from my role to develop my suspicions, since the only “X person is obviously a Mafia” I can get is if I get lucky and pick someone as they get killed and see who did it. I just have a list of people who have roles in some capacity, but not which team they're on. I'm guessing that roles are more likely to be on Town, but I really have no way to know.

This happening to me also makes me feel more okay about coming out like this, since my usefulness might be over due to blocks and/or I might be next on the kill list. Might have just survived last night so that I wasn't killed in proximity to voting for people to keep their name's clean. I'm okay with making myself a target like this, since I seem to be one already.

Soooooo in summary, my Night 2 report plus only one person dying that night suggests to me Timeaisis is probably cool and on the Town side.

Getting blocked on Night 4 suggests that my voting for Karkador and voting for Amirox seem to have risen the Mafia’s ire. Those two have pretty good records of voting for Townspeople too. Yup.

Okay, I want to respond to this and then catch up on the rest with further posts. Now that I know there's a role I might adversely affect, I'll claim my role.

I'm a Town-aligned Sleepwalker. I basically visit someone randomly every night, but get no report of who, and they get no report that I've done so either. AFAIK, it's a red herring to throw off roles like Ultron.

So unless someone has good reason to think Ultron is lying altogether, I'm going with him and timeasis again.

For now, I'm keeping my vote on amir0x.

Karkador

Banned
If I reveal my role, I'm also going to have to say what I did during night 2, which is going to going to reveal some names and guesses about the roles of those names.

So you do what ultron does, but with commands instead of names.

I have something up my sleeve, but I'm waiting for more people to join the conversation to use it.

What did you see last night?

Timeaisis

Okay, I want to respond to this and then catch up on the rest with further posts. Now that I know there's a role I might adversely affect, I'll claim my role.

I'm a Town-aligned Sleepwalker. I basically visit someone randomly every night, but get no report of who, and they get no report that I've done so either. AFAIK, it's a red herring to throw off roles like Ultron.

So unless someone has good reason to think Ultron is lying altogether, I'm going with him and timeasis again.

For now, I'm keeping my vote on amir0x.

I'm back on Palmer's good side. Hooray! Missed ya, buddy! :)

Amir0x

Banned
Kalor was Ordinary Tourist too? *sigh*

I really don't have any idea what direction to go in now. I know you guys were suspicious of me but I am a Tourist too, so I was just going off weak arguments made. I'm just lost altogether. Mafia seems to have us where they want us, because we're all suspicious and fractured now

Palmer_v1

Second post. I really wish Ultron hadn't wasted two nights on me, but so be it. It makes some sense for investigative roles to have visited me for the same reason ultron did though. I won't claim to be influential, since you bastards keep lynching people when I ask not to, but I've definitely been active!

I feel like I had to role claim since I'm not sure if I'm showing up on ultron's reports or not, and I want to simplify it if I am. I have no idea who may have visited me those two nights, but I'm inclined to think I have the only passive visiting role, so whoever it was should have learned something about me. I could easily have been role-blocked without ever knowing it. The cop could have investigated me as well. The target swapper could also have used me on a night it didn't end up mattering.

I hope this helps the town somehow.

ultron87

Palmer, do you get any sort of success message from your night wanderings? If you got that on Nights 1 and 3 that would at least let me eliminate the two people who visited you as potential role blockers.

Karkador

Banned

I really don't have any idea what direction to go in now. I know you guys were suspicious of me but I am a Tourist too, so I was just going off weak arguments made. I'm just lost altogether. Mafia seems to have us where they want us, because we're all suspicious and fractured now

*sigh*

VOTE: Amir0x

Palmer_v1

I get no information whatsoever. All I can guess at is that they weren't killing roles, unless someone also protected me at some point.

Karkador

Banned
Palmer, last night (the night ultron got blocked), you were the biggest target voting against suspected mafia. AND now we see that you got looked up by people on previous nights. You know what I'm saying?

Timeaisis

Actually they can't be killing roles at all, cause you also would have seen whoever would have protected me. I think.

So basically, two different people were curious of you on N1 and N3, or someone was trying to protect you one of those nights, or, someone tried to Roleblock you.

Here's the interesting bit. Whoever targeted you on N1 and N3 did not target me on N2, as per ultron's explanation. If we make the assumption that we have one member per power role (which I'd say is pretty safe), we can essentially eliminate what roles targeted me N2 by determining what roles targeted you N1 and N2, and vice versa. Essentially, we can learn a lot by discovering a limited amount of what happened on any of those nights.

ultron87

This is kind of getting down a hole, but to me this looks like Amirox jumping on the grenade with an obviously suspicious post to try and kick start a quick lynching to get us to the next night and off this current line of thinking.

Karkador

Banned
This is kind of getting down a hole, but to me this looks like Amirox jumping on the grenade with an obviously suspicious post to try and kick start a quick lynching to get us to the next night and off this current line of thinking.

It's not gonna do his team any good

So you do what ultron does, but with commands instead of names.

I have something up my sleeve, but I'm waiting for more people to join the conversation to use it.

What did you see last night?

It's not that easy. Without the names, my information would be useless.

Alright, I've pretty much already dropped my hint, so go ahead

Well, here it goes. My special role is being able to switch the positions of any two players during the night. The owl thing from yesterday was made up in order for me to safety explain what I did during night 3. My actions for the four nights are...

Night 1: SWITCH: Timeaisis and nin1000
Night 2: SWITCH: Timeasis and Karkador
Night 3: SWITCH: Kalor and Ward
Night 4: SWITCH: Amir0x and Quantumbro

The only nights where it appears my role did anything were Night 3 (which was discussed yesterday) and Night 2 (Made apparent by ultron's comments earlier). When I saw that Karkador also visited Timeasis that night I became suspicious that he could be Mafia, since neither of them died that night. So, I asked Crab the following...

There are two people A and B.
A: Villager.
B: Mafia killing A.

1. If I switch A and B, would B kill themselves?

Crab answered yes to my question, which is why I am fairly certain that Karkador is not a Mafia member.

Feel free to ask any questions about my role.

Timeaisis

Well, here it goes. My special role is being able to switch the positions of any two players during the night. The owl thing from yesterday was made up in order for me to safety explain what I did during night 3. My actions for the four nights are...

The only nights where it appears my role did anything were Night 3 (which was discussed yesterday) and Night 2 (Made apparent by ultron's comments earlier). When I saw that Karkador also visited Timeasis that night I became suspicious that he could be Mafia, since neither of them died that night. So, I asked Crab the following...

Crab answered yes to my question, which is why I am fairly certain that Karkador is not a Mafia member.

Feel free to ask any questions about my role.

So Karkador couldn't have put a hit on me because he would've died to your switch. That makes perfect sense.

So, I'm unsure what that means. If the mysterious third party put a hit on me, wouldn't they have killed Karkador instead? Or was Karkador protected or was I protected?

I'm not sure what would have happened if, say, I got targeted for a hit, I got protected, and you switched me for Karkador. It's important to understand because it tell us whether or not the third party was a potential mafia or not.

Also, I think ultron needs to reveal the other name at this juncture, and Kark, you should probably give any information you have as well.

So, I'm unsure what that means. If the mysterious third party put a hit on me, wouldn't they have killed Karkador instead? Or was Karkador protected or was I protected?

I'm not sure what would have happened if, say, I got targeted for a hit, I got protected, and you switched me for Karkador. It's important to understand because it tell us whether or not the third party was a potential mafia or not.

I have a good theory on what happened, but I'll let Karkador speak first. Crab also told me that my role is applied before everyone else's, so if someone was protecting you that night, they would now protect Karkador instead.

Karkador

Banned
So Karkador couldn't have put a hit on me because he would've died to your switch. That makes perfect sense.

Also, I think ultron needs to reveal the other name at this juncture, and Kark, you should probably give any information you have as well.

Okay, I guess my post 817 and 818 were too subtle. I helped Timeaisis on Night 2. And I think I helped Palmer the same way on Night 4. The two nights with one night kill.

Timeaisis

I have a good theory on what happened, but I'll let Karkador speak first. Crab also told me that my role is applied before everyone else's, so if someone was protecting you that night, they would now protect Karkador instead.

Oh right, because you switch ALL action. Forgot about that. So someone could have still targeted me for a hit, protected me, and then, in term protected Karkador. Or, obviously, it's possible that Kark and the mysetery person all were just curious tourists trying to get some info from me.

Timeaisis

Okay, I guess my post 817 and 818 were too subtle. I helped Timeaisis on Night 2. And I think I helped Palmer the same way on Night 4. The two nights with one night kill.

Yeah, had a feeling this was the case, but didn't think anyone else but Palmer would have understood it.

Timeaisis

Alright, time for me to roleclaim just to get everything out there. I'm an ordinary tourist. No power role or anything. Because this entire narrative makes complete sense to me (so far), I'm going to assume that Ultron, Kark, and QuantumBro are all telling the truth. The order they roleclaimed and the events they laid out fall perfectly in line with the events of each night. It also lends a lot of credence to the third person visiting me N2 to be mafia. Furthermore, since Kark helped Palmer on N4 (another night with one night kill), and Palmer was of interest to many people many nights, I can safely assume he is also town. This is great, even though we had to reveal info on ourselves, because now we have a pretty accurate picture of a subset of people being town. This is advantageous.

So, in summary:
- Ultron is town
- QuantumBro is town
- Karkador is town
- Palmer is town
- I am town
- 3rd "Mystery person" that targeted me on N2 is likely a mafia hitman

It also explains the confusing Ward/Kalor switcheroo that confused everyone. It means that Kalor was targeted by Mafia on N3 (since he was town), and that Ward was killed in his stead (thanks to QuantumBro's ability). It still greatly confuses me as to why Kalor was targeted by mafia, but that's a question for another time, I suppose.

Right now, Amir0x and the mystery 3rd person being mafia seems the most likely, to me. I believe it's time for ultron to make the reveal.

So, in summary:
- Ultron is town
- QuantumBro is town
- Karkador is town
- Palmer is town
- I am town
- 3rd "Mystery person" that targeted me on N2 is likely a mafia hitman

Right now, Amir0x and the mystery 3rd person being mafia seems the most likely, to me. I believe it's time for ultron to make the reveal.

I have a question related to ultron' ability, would he have seen the mafia vote kill as one person, or as "mafia". It may help us identify if the 3rd person was a 3rd party killer (like a town vigilante or a mafia hit man), or if it was just "the mafia"?

I think we need that third person to put themselves, especially if they are town aligned vigilante...

Karkador

Banned
I have a question related to ultron' ability, would he have seen the mafia vote kill as one person, or as "mafia". It may help us identify if the 3rd person was a 3rd party killer (like a town vigilante or a mafia hit man), or if it was just "the mafia"?

I think we need that third person to put themselves, especially if they are town aligned vigilante...

he only sees the names, no roles or actions. i suppose it's possible that the 3rd person is not mafia or a killer, because it would make the outcome between timeaisis, quantumbro, and i the same....but then where did that second kill go?

he only sees the names, no roles or actions. i suppose it's possible that the 3rd person is not mafia or a killer, because it would make the outcome between timeaisis, quantumbro, and i the same....but then where did that second kill go?

Have we only seen two guaranteed two hit nights? If so, I have a theory, the second killer can only operate every other night. It's a long shot, but it would account for the missing murders on the nights where we only had one death (excepting duress's taking a hit on the first night).

Alternatively, our doctor has been on the money for two of the nights.

ultron87

I'm not going to reveal the third Night 2 name right now. Everything seems to be wrapping up in a nice little package, but it isn't anything that couldn't have been orchestrated by the Mafia. Both Quantum and Karkador's behavior is suspect to me.

QuantumBro says he switched Kalor and Ward, but then hinted at this yesterday in a way that made sure Kalor was still on everyone's radar, but then didn't try and save him by saying "no, I'm the switcher, so he is town". QuantumBro knew for a fact that the someone tried to kill Kalor that night, but didn't do much to prevent the lynching. You might say he kept that role hidden to protect himself, but he was apparently already convinced he was going to die last night, so why not just let it all out and save a life you knew to be innocent?

Karkador is now suggesting he is the doctor, but also immediately revealed that he had a role to corroborate my story with no prompting except the personal knowledge that his name was on my list. That doesn't make any sense for the Doctor to do. That role needs to stay hidden since it is a prime Mafia target and has no information to give.

Also, there is still the fact that I was role blocked on night 4. That doesn't really gel with the current story.

So, I'm not going to reveal the third name. Everything that night would've happened the exact same way if that person was the Doctor and Quantum or Kark were a killer. Or if there was no killer targeted there at all.

Timeaisis

I'm not going to reveal the third Night 2 name right now. Everything seems to be wrapping up in a nice little package, but it isn't anything that couldn't have been orchestrated by the Mafia. Both Quantum and Karkador's behavior is suspect to me.

QuantumBro says he switched Kalor and Ward, but then hinted at this yesterday in a way that made sure Kalor was still on everyone's radar, but then didn't try and save him by saying "no, I'm the switcher, so he is town". QuantumBro knew for a fact that the someone tried to kill Kalor that night, but didn't do much to prevent the lynching. You might say he kept that role hidden to protect himself, but he was apparently already convinced he was going to die last night, so why not just let it all out and save a life you knew to be innocent?

Karkador is now suggesting he is the doctor, but also immediately revealed that he had a role to corroborate my story with no prompting except the personal knowledge that his name was on my list. That doesn't make any sense for the Doctor to do. That role needs to stay hidden since it is a prime Mafia target and has no information to give.

Also, there is still the fact that I was role blocked on night 4. That doesn't really gel with the current story.

So, I'm not going to reveal the third name. Everything that night would've happened the exact same way if that person was the Doctor and Quantum or Kark were a killer. Or if there was no killer targeted there at all.

After thinking it over through the night, I'm not so sure myself. We do know that if there was a hit on me on N2 then one of the three names is a Doctor, at the very least. And you are right, QuantumBro's story could be an elaborate ruse. But it's a very calculated and well-thought out one. I don't know if he could have been able to have planned that as he did. Seeing as how he claimed a switch of Kalor and Ward before you claimed he acted on me on Night 2 gives more credence to his claims, unless he knew he'd be exposed to day and made up a story about a switcher yesterday for that very purpose. If that's the case, kudos to him because we all fell for it. But I think this is quite a spectacular and farfetched plan, unless someone can shed some further light on it. Why didn't QuantumBro claim to be the switcher before Kalor was lynched? Who knows? Remember he didn't know if Kalor was mafia at that juncture, either, and many would've voted Kalor even without the switcher information, so he may have felt that Kalor was the best lynch regardless and didn't want to muddle the proceedings so late in the day. Also, roleclaiming then would shed a really bad light on himself and possibly lead a bandwagon of lynches on him. So, self protection? I'm sure QuantumBro can clarify, but I think he's town. Looking back, everything QuantumBro has said before today falls in line with him being a switcher. I can drum up a post in defense of QuantumBro if you'd like, but I'd encourage everyone to look back on the previous days and what QuantumBro has been doing. Looks like a power role trying to figure out how to help the team best, at least to me.

As for Kark, it's possible that he's not a doctor. The only reason for Kark to roleclaim doc at this point would be to clear his name , or clear up info for town. Essentially, either he's town and is trying to help us as per your new information, or he's mafia and he's trying to disguise what he actually did on N2. Fake roleclaiming doc is a pretty ballsy mafia move, I'd like to think a mafia would roleclaim something less important, but the situation did lean to the side of "someone had to protect time from the hit", which again, is only presumed.

I will say it's very possible that all three people who targeted me are just tourists with power roles who were curious. QuantumBro, a switcher, Kark a doc, and the third person just some other tourist curious about me.

As a last thought, I think we may be in a situation where "if one is lying, both are lying". Think about it this way, if we trust that QuantumBro switched me and Kark on N2, then Kark cannot be a killer, as he would have killed himself after targeting me. UNLESS a third person protected me. So, again, we really need that third role to figure out what happened.

StayDead

As interesting as this all is, I think it might be good to verify (if possible) whether or not Amir0x is dodgy. I agree we need to follow all leads, but it's possible Amir0x could be Mafia as well, so either we follow up on the leads and either try and prove it by someone sacrificing themselves or we kill Amir0x and work from there.

I'm still reading through all the stuff again to get my head around it, but it's convinient this has all come around straight after people started pointing the finger at certain people.

Karkador

Banned

I disagree that it's wrapping up nicely. We don't know who the third person is, and I still don't know if I want to know. There is no guarantee that person is mafia. They could easily be a Cop.

There are a few different factors I considered before doing that, including ones I haven't talked about.
You accused me for two straight days, and were going into Day 3 still thinking I'm a suspect. If I said nothing, then you would take my silence as guilt. How much more do I have to give you?

It isn't explained, but it doesn't seem related to the night 2 events anyway, unless Timeaisis was role blocked (and he says he's ordinary Town). It's also entirely possible that he's not telling the truth. It's entirely possible that Quantum is not telling the truth. I don't know what to tell you about those two.

I just know what I did on my end, and whether it worked out or not, we have two nights where only 1 person died, so my guess is that I did something right.

Okay, don't out it, then. I think it's more risk than it's worth at this point. We have other leads this round.

pants

Fake roleclaiming doc is a pretty ballsy mafia move, I'd like to think a mafia would roleclaim something less important, but the situation did lean to the side of "someone had to protect time from the hit"
It's a clever chess play. If fake, the real doc cant speak up without outing him or herself and I think at that point they'd just pick us off easy as they rubbed out 1 of the 2 most important town roles (in exchange for likely a peon level mafia).

I doubt Karkador is faking though

nin1000

Banned
Sorry to ask this , but i cant find the post where Karkador claimed to be the doc.
Karkador did you claim at any point to be the doc or do you just say that you are town ?

Timeaisis

Here's the big problem: if ultron gets hit tonight we'll never know the third name. Sure, it's equally possible that the third person is town as they are mafia, but as you said Karkador, what happened to that missing kill on N2? If you are to be believed, the two nights you protected someone, there were only one kill. And we have proof, according to Ultron that the person you protected N2 (me) was targeted by someone else (other than you). N4, Ultron got roleblocked so we can't say for certain what happened there, but you say you helped Palmer.

Out of curiosity, who (if any) did you protect N1 and N3, Karkador?

Here's what the story seems to suggest.
Mafia hits:
N1: Barry, Duress (Tough Guy)
N2: Duress, Timeaisis (protected by Kark)
N3: Foshy, Ward (switched with Kalor)
N4: ifraanator, Palmer (protected by Kark)

If your story is to be believed, we've had two attempted hits per night. Easily. So, according to your own story, since you are the doctor, we are missing a kill on N2. So the only possibilities for N2 (if we assume you are the doctor) are:

- I was targeted for kill by the QuantumBro or the mystery third person, but you protected me
- I was not targeted for hit by any of the three, someone else was, and somehow survived

Out of curiosity, ultron: do you get mafia "group kills" I wonder? Like when the mafia votes who to kill during the night, does that show up on your ability. Or is it only hitman only type roles that act alone?

nin1000

Banned
if Quantum was to believed you were switched with karkador BEFORE he even got to you.

Night 2: SWITCH: Timeasis and Karkador
which means that if Karkador is a doc , he would have healed himself that night.? I am not sure about that but should be considered since you were switched.

At this time i am more confused than i was at the beginning of the day.
I dont know whom to believe with the roleclaims.

ultron87

I'll respond to some other stuff tonight after work, but just to answer this:

Out of curiosity, ultron: do you get mafia "group kills" I wonder? Like when the mafia votes who to kill during the night, does that show up on your ability. Or is it only hitman only type roles that act alone?

If I pick someone the Mafia targets I'll get the name of the Mafia person who sent in the command. See the sample Role PM in the OP: "This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM." I did confirm this with Crab as well just to make sure.

Karkador

Banned
Here's the big problem: if ultron gets hit tonight we'll never know the third name. Sure, it's equally possible that the third person is town as they are mafia, but as you said Karkador, what happened to that missing kill on N2?

I'll help ultron tonight, then...though it better be really worth it, as I'm probably not long for this world. Just know that I can't help the same person two nights in a row.

I also suppose that if Quantum switches me with someone during the night, I can be saved from a kill while protecting someone.

As for what happened to the missing kills, this is something I've been trying to figure out for this entire game so far. Mind you, I don't get feedback on whether my role succeeds or not, so I have to really try to read between the lines when something unexpected happens.

Honestly, I don't know if I can say for sure that there are multiple killers, or at least stable multiple kills each night. Here's why:

It was only recently that I noticed a rule in the OP (when ultron and I were talking about the Mafia chatroom), it's something kind of mindblowing that I then confirmed with Crab in PM. This is part of what I've been considering in today's discussion - based on what he said, it seems that the Mafia-faction kills are, in fact, optional actions. At least, for Mafia Goon. Go ahead and read the Mafia role sample PM for yourself.

So with that, I have to ask myself - did I actually help those days? I am not even so sure myself. Again, I get no feedback other than people living or dying, but if there's something else going on...? That's why I'm hesitant to say the 3rd guy is necessarily a killer.

If you are to be believed, the two nights you protected someone, there were only one kill. And we have proof, according to Ultron that the person you protected N2 (me) was targeted by someone else (other than you). N4, Ultron got roleblocked so we can't say for certain what happened there, but you say you helped Palmer.

It's true that person could be a killer, and I can't throw that possibility out - but as I explained above, they could also be something else. Maybe the roleblocker from night 4? Since you're a regular Town, I suppose you wouldn't notice getting blocked. It could also be a Cop; it seems likely that a Cop would investigate one of the more active players.

Out of curiosity, who (if any) did you protect N1 and N3, Karkador?

N1, Myself, N2 Timeaisis, N3 Myself, N4 Palmer

Amir0x

Banned

Haha, dear God I'm not making any elaborate plans bros. I am just a regular Tourist. I am actually excited to see the responses when I am lynched so you can see that, and then be even more confused as to which direction to go forward. Right now we're all aimless 'cause we're going at each others throats. I am not Mafia, but ya'll about to lynch me like I am. So I am excited to see the confuzled reactions. Part of the fun of Mafia after all.

I can tell you guys I'm just going to vote for a completely random person again tonight, I have no clue where to go forward. Nobody is making any convincing arguments. If you guys can really point me to what you think is a convincing argument, I would love to see it 'cause I am just going with gut feelings as of now.

El Topo

Haha, dear God I'm not making any elaborate plans bros. I am just a regular Tourist. I am actually excited to see the responses when I am lynched so you can see that, and then be even more confused as to which direction to go forward. Right now we're all aimless 'cause we're going at each others throats. I am not Mafia, but ya'll about to lynch me like I am. So I am excited to see the confuzled reactions. Part of the fun of Mafia after all.

I can tell you guys I'm just going to vote for a completely random person again tonight, I have no clue where to go forward. Nobody is making any convincing arguments. If you guys can really point me to what you think is a convincing argument, I would love to see it 'cause I am just going with gut feelings as of now.

There's being an ordinary tourist and then there's "Hahaha, I'm an ordinary tourist guys!!! For real though, I'm totally a regular tourist!". I'm sorry if you're a tourist, but those kind of posts are a bit distracting

Is there a role that wants to be lynched in mafia games?

pants

A Jester is a role that wins when they are lynched. If they survive to endgame or are killed in any other way, they lose. Even though technically they might be lynched in the implicit process of scum endgaming a Town, they invariably just lose when the game gets to that point to avoid that kind of rules lawyering. Similarly, if the Jester is the only role in the game stopping the Town from winning, the Town simply wins and the Jester loses.

Top Bottom