• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia |OT| When Death is on the Line

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date

Palmer_v1

Last night was interesting. Was able to target someone and now I know (for the second time) that AbsolutBro is town.

I was targeting El Topo but for some reason I got the information for AbsolutBro, again.

With Karkadors role in the open I stick with my thought from last day and go with El Topo. I see no reason why Karkador would have lied about his target and I don't think we have two townies who can survive a nightly attack.

So...

Vote: El Topo

What do you mean you got AbsolutBro again? How do you know for sure it was him?

El Topo

Last night was interesting. Was able to target someone and now I know (for the second time) that AbsolutBro is town.

How convenient. Similar to RNH, your story sounds too stupid to be a lie. Then again, RNH turned out to be mafia.

I was targeting El Topo but for some reason I got the information for AbsolutBro, again.

That would require another player with some ability, likely the power to switch targets. Given that we had a tourist with that role already, it would likely have to be a mafia member. That would require two remaining mafia members, if they can only either kill or use their ability.

I honestly doubt there are two members left. What I believe is that you might be mafia. You can't call someone mafia who is a tourist. If you did that, you'd be done the next day. You could just claim to have been drunk, but that would make you seem irrelevant and given that there is good reason to lynch you, that would not be enough to save yourself. Instead you try to come up with a story that allows you to put suspicion on a tourist, while keeping your hands clean.

With Karkadors role in the open I stick with my thought from last day and go with El Topo. I see no reason why Karkador would have lied about his target and I don't think we have two townies who can survive a nightly attack.

I can assure you that I don't have any special power. I would like to add that Karkador deliberately never commented on who he targeted. He was messing with us.

Palmer_v1

How convenient. Similar to RNH, your story sounds too stupid to be a lie. Then again, RNH turned out to be mafia.

That would require another player with some ability, likely the power to switch targets. Given that we had a tourist with that role already, it would likely have to be a mafia member. That would require two remaining mafia members, if they can only either kill or use their ability.

I honestly doubt there are two members left. What I believe is that you might be mafia. You can't call someone mafia who is a tourist. If you did that, you'd be done the next day. You could just claim to have been drunk, but that would make you seem irrelevant and given that there is good reason to lynch you, that would not be enough to save yourself. Instead you try to come up with a story that allows you to put suspicion on a tourist, while keeping your hands clean.

I can assure you that I don't have any special power. I would like to add that Karkador deliberately never commented on who he targeted. He was messing with us.

Are you sure a Mafia can't use an ability and give the kill command to Crab in the same night? I don't want us to make any false assumptions. I've also lost confidence that there aren't more doubled roles, since there were two blockers and two sleepwalkers.

Otherwise, I don't disagree with anything you've said.

Traube is the only person I was waiting for. Let's get it done.

Vote: Traube

El Topo

Are you sure a Mafia can't use an ability and give the kill command to Crab in the same night? I don't want us to make any false assumptions. I've also lost confidence that there aren't more doubled roles, since there were two blockers and two sleepwalkers.

I have no idea about that, but it's possible given the phrasing. Regardless I think there's only one mafia player left. The only thing that (really) bugs me is that I assumed we'd have a cop role, so if no one comes forward, that only leaves traube.

In which case it's possible we're being played. It would make sense for the remaining mafia member to play as "honest" as possible, doing his/her best to blend in as a tourist. Claiming to be the cop seems counterintuitive and very risky.

Palmer_v1

I have no idea about that, but it's possible given the phrasing. Regardless I think there's only one mafia player left. The only thing that (really) bugs me is that I assumed we'd have a cop role, so if no one comes forward, that only leaves traube.

In which case it's possible we're being played. It would make sense for the remaining mafia member to play as "honest" as possible, doing his/her best to blend in as a tourist. Claiming to be the cop seems counterintuitive and very risky.

On the other hand, why kill Timeaisis instead of our actual cop if you're Mafia? Cause he's either Mafia and lying, or a really unfortunate Cop. He has no reason to be town AND lie about anything he's done.

I guess they know we're going to Lynch him, so they could kill Time and let us lynch Traube today, but they risk giving us more information by leaving him alive last night. For example, if he now turns out to be Town, we have two additional people we can mostly trust, and a new target, you.

My guess would be there are 2 mafia members left, and one of them can switch people.

Though I guess that would mean all but one mafia member had powers, unless the "powerless" mafia member is the Don (who can apparently appear as town on a night check, or something)?

Either that or someone thought El Topo might be killed at night, and instead used a target switching thing to have me killed in Topo's place.

I guess I should clarify my vote:

I find it highly convenient that you could target someone, AND then got the same feedback from someone else.

Who you chose would have been reasonable. Why would Karkador post that name over others? However, unless crab copied something incorrectly (which he would clarify to you) I find it very suspect.

Truthfully, I hope that you have this role. As it makes tomorrow easier (Two more guaranteed townies that everyone can agree on MattyG, AbsolutBro and Kingkitty). Especially if Crab comes back and clarifies some stuff.

Of course if you are mafia, then tomorrow is harder (are Kingkitty and absolutbro mafia, is just one mafia and the other is town), But in order to win we have to kill all the mafia.

So in conclusion, I hope you are town, but Without having another way to figure it out this is really the only way.

Palmer_v1

I guess I should clarify my vote:

I find it highly convenient that you could target someone, AND then got the same feedback from someone else.

Who you chose would have been reasonable. Why would Karkador post that name over others? However, unless crab copied something incorrectly (which he would clarify to you) I find it very suspect.

Truthfully, I hope that you have this role. As it makes tomorrow easier (Two more guaranteed townies that everyone can agree on MattyG, AbsolutBro and Kingkitty). Especially if Crab comes back and clarifies some stuff.

Of course if you are mafia, then tomorrow is harder (are Kingkitty and absolutbro mafia, is just one mafia and the other is town), But in order to win we have to kill all the mafia.

So in conclusion, I hope you are town, but Without having another way to figure it out this is really the only way.

FWIW, I don't read anything into the people he's named if he turns out to be Mafia. He could have named other Mafia to try and protect them, or named town to cast suspicion on them.

FWIW, I don't read anything into the people he's named if he turns out to be Mafia. He could have named other Mafia to try and protect them, or named town to cast suspicion on them.

I know, it was more wishful thinking than anything.

By my guess, if Traube is town, and his death confirms what he said earlier in thread. Then at most we have 2 more mafia. (but probably just 1).

If traube is Mafia, we could have up to two more mafia (that would make three today). My thoughts on why that is the maximum is because we are at 8 players left. If there were four mafia left (currently alive) they could have instantly voted for the same townsperson, forcing at the least a tie. Then tomorrow they would have 4 to the townspeople's three.

I don't want to post a list, because Traube isn't the most likely mafia person on it, he is just the person we stand to gain the most information from his death. Truthfully if he had gotten feedback from Crab last night (like confirming any new townspeople), I could have been persuaded to vote for a mafia kill today (as opposed to this kill a person to get information thing)

Zatoth

Well I really can't add much to defend myself. I am still confused that I was not killed during the night. But Ultron did also stay alive way longer than I would have expected.

Another thought: Is it possible that a Mafia role is immune to my power? Meaning that the role would show up as Town for me.

Well I really can't add much to defend myself. I am still confused that I was not killed during the night. But Ultron did also stay alive way longer than I would have expected.

Another thought: Is it possible that a Mafia role is immune to my power? Meaning that the role would show up as Town for me.

Yes, one of the variants of a mafia player is a "DON", this player appears town to whoever investigates him, and is sometimes unkillable.

I think it is very unlikely that we have one mafia person with the don - appears as town and a different mafia that is night time unkillable.

Yeah, can't really see it going another way today, without a dramatic role claim.

We should get something to go on either way, sorry if you're actually Town traube!

Vote: traube

El Topo

I know I'm suspicious, but I still think voting for traube is reasonable, even if I'm not convinced that he is guilty. I think we should have the necessary majority with my vote.

Vote: traube

That is five.

Palmer_v1
Zippedpinhead
Tomakasatnav
MattyG
El Topo

Sorry Traube. It has been really great playing with you. Hopefully if we do another game you will come back.

Zatoth

Well. No reason to pretend any longer:

jvsIqgz.gif

I can promise you that the next update of crab will be interesting.

And I also have to say I am sorry Barry. Nothing personal.

MattyG

Banned
Well. No reason to pretend any longer:

jvsIqgz.gif

I can promise you that the next update of crab will be interesting.

And I also have to say I am sorry Barry. Nothing personal.
Another mafia down?

tumblr_lo566ikx6y1qbzkquo1_500.gif

I still love you Traube, see you in the next life.

kingkitty

with traube as mafia, that means there's no confirmation that me or Absolutbro are townies.

My eyes are now on AbsolutBro, maybe tomakasatnav

and for a wildcard, Palmer_v1

kingkitty

I did not lie about your roles. Trust me. Oh and El Topo is also a good guy. 100% Mafia free that one.

I know I'm townie. I think El Topo is townie. But who knows for sure about AbsolutBro. Or tomakasatnav.

El Topo was one of the first to cast a vote against Lord of Castamere. But then he changed his mind, and gave the first lynch vote to RobotNinjaHornets, which led to this mafia member almost getting lynched on day 7. That whole quagmire led to doubts about RNH, which were well founded.

In order to save RobotNinjaHornets, you had to vote no-lynch. Which then led to circumstantial evidence that pointed to your mafianess.

When you really think about it, El Topo's actions was responsible for exposing two mafia players. So El Topo is either a townie, or a mafia player who was way too gungho and made some needless, critical mistakes. I believe the former, for now.

Palmer_v1

I'm really curious who does or does not believe I'm a sleepwalker/townie.

If you don't think I'm a sleepwalker, what role do you think I am?

kingkitty

Investigator? Any particular reason, or just throwing stuff out?

well, we haven't had an investigator.

and traube isn't an investigator.

and I think it's unlikely to have two sleepwalker townies.

you might have seeded all that sleepwalker stuff at the beginning of the game as a way to cover your real role as investigator.

or maybe you're mafia. maybe i'm mafia. maybe we're all mafia!

El Topo

you might have seeded all that sleepwalker stuff at the beginning of the game as a way to cover your real role as investigator.

Crab is Shyamalan?

Palmer_v1

I don't think we do have an investigator. If we do, they've been slow-playing the whole game, which probably stopped being helpful around Day 8. At this point, if anyone comes out as a Cop, we're all going to assume they're lying, and there isn't enough time left to prove anything by killing people.

I'm going to be very curious to see who my random visits were each night.

I agree, I don't think we have a cop at this juncture.

Drunk cop was believable, until today.

In my book we have three confirmed town.

Two most likely town

and two I have no clue about (but I am pretty sure at least one of you is Mafia).

Top Bottom