• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

cabot

i hate you all, I was an amazing doctor.

In terms of hiding it.

Sure I didn't actually do anything, but I turned up to work everyday.

Real talk, Doctors are legitimately cursed in this community. The deck was completely stacked against me all three nights I was able to act. It was no small miracle that my Night One selfishness saved Town from an unmitigated disaster.

Sorian

Banned
I'm gauging interest for one last ONUW before we start season 4. Here are the roles in play for ONUW 8:

Doppelganger
Alpha Werewolf
Mystic Wolf
Minion
Masons
Seer
Robber
Witch
Troublemaker
Drunk
Tanner
Tanner's Wife
Prince
Revealer

You'll notice that I'm changing out the cursed for another new role: The Revealer. I will have a more detailed explanation in the thread but the gist is that the revealer gets to go last. He or she chooses to look at a single player's card, if he sees a werewolf or tanner, he has to put the card face down, if he sees any other role (minion or wife included) the card will remain face up for the duration of the game which means I will announce someone's final role at the beginning of the day.

I'm expecting disucssion from Wednesday-Thursday, voting from Thursday-Friday, results some time on Friday. If we get more than 12 I'll make cuts based on how many ONUW games you've participated in. If we don't seem to have a lot of interest by Tuesday, I'll probably nix this for now.

1. Splinter
2. MikeHawk
3. Terrabyte
4. Ouro
5. Sawneeks
6. Zipped
7. Royal_Flush
8. Kawl_USC
9. Fireblend
10. Lord of Castamere
11. Mazre
12. cabot

Re-quoting for new page. I don't think I saw anything from last night but I'm still a bit groggy so just re-remind me :p

Sholdn´t we wait to see if more victims... I mean players want to sign in?

... Ok. I'll wait until Nov 11. When swapping deadline is reached.

I'm still also waiting on two people yet to confirm. I already have the game runners affected a heads up. Basically, egruntz and batsnacks haven't checked in.

I'll leave it up to retro and Palmer to decide if they will start with replacements or not...

RetroMG

Random game idea: Undertale Mafia. Monsters as Town, Humans as Mafia. Going off of Undertale's premise that kills have consequences, anyone who commits a kill, (including being the last vote on a day phase,) has one letter of their name put in a special "Killers Post." Thus, the Mafia have to be careful about spreading out their kills so as to avoid detection, but the town covers it up as they lynch people.

Just a random thought.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a good thing this community teaches you how to lie.

Ty4on

Random game idea: Undertale Mafia. Monsters as Town, Humans as Mafia. Going off of Undertale's premise that kills have consequences, anyone who commits a kill, (including being the last vote on a day phase,) has one letter of their name put in a special "Killers Post." Thus, the Mafia have to be careful about spreading out their kills so as to avoid detection, but the town covers it up as they lynch people.

Just a random thought.
How would you balance it? If "4" got revealed it would look pretty bad for me while someone with a longer name could stay hidden much longer.
Maybe give everyone random names with similar entropy kinda like the fruit and dog names (blargohunt).

roytheone

I should probably stay away from the fallout 4 review thread with the season start so close. I fear that thread will be a graveyard.

RetroMG

How would you balance it? If "4" got revealed it would look pretty bad for me while someone with a longer name could stay hidden much longer.
Maybe give everyone random names with similar entropy kinda like the fruit and dog names (blargohunt).

Good point, didn't think about that. But I like your idea about random names.

roytheone

Plenty of other threads to choose from. The way it looks we may have an entire page of Fallout come tomorrow. Getting close now.

I will probably stay away from all fallout threads, they seem to be quite hostile for some reason.for example, I have been called a "graphical autist" because I said I thought the game didn't look that great graphically.....

I will probably stay away from all fallout threads, they seem to be quite hostile for some reason.for example, I have been called a "graphical autist" because I said I thought the game didn't look that great graphically.....

Yeah you've got to put your feet to the fire with these highly debated games. An uncivil age we live in.

Sophia

Err.... this was on GAF? o_o;

roytheone

Yeah you got to put your feet to the fire with these highly debated games. An uncivil age we live in.

Indeed, it kind of sucks because every attempt to have a good discussion will be hijacked by hyperbolic people on both sides of the argument :( Those people will keep stirring up each other and drown out the more nuisanced people.....

Err.... this was on GAF? o_o;

Haven't been in a fallout 4 graphics thread lately I presume? It gets vicious there. The guy in question is no longer on GAF though ;)

squidyj

it looks bad and it runs bad, that's how you know it's a bethesda game!
Edit: it mostly just has really bad assets and low quality ambient light, the rendering is mostly fine.

Sophia

Haven't been in a fallout 4 graphics thread lately I presume? It gets vicious there. The guy in question is no longer on GAF though ;)

Oh I've seen the threads, but I was wondering if the mods got him or not. They really draw the line at offensive slang.

Darryl

Banned
I wanted to do the IBM Watson personality test but I don't have huge blocks of text anywhere. So I ran my mafia posts through it. I got extremely sympathetic (lol), fiery, and assertive. I wonder if you can scrape someone's posts from a past thread, run a personality test on it, and compare that to posts in a current thread to determine if there are any changes. I doubt it, but its a funny thought.

squidyj

I wanted to do the IBM Watson personality test but I don't have huge blocks of text anywhere. So I ran my mafia posts through it. I got extremely sympathetic (lol), fiery, and assertive. I wonder if you can scrape someone's posts from a past thread, run a personality test on it, and compare that to posts in a current thread to determine if there are any changes. I doubt it, but its a funny thought.

This is what I got when I just pulled a bunch of stuff from Animal Crossing, I think I was more verbose in that one than I was in Archer.

You are a bit compulsive.

You are unconcerned with art: you are less concerned with artistic or creative activities than most people who participated in our surveys. You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

Your choices are driven by a desire for efficiency.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you.

Most of it I understand except for that "you are unconcerned with art" I love art and creativity :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The results are actually quite sensitive. I got two slightly different answers for 5700 words and 6700, despite the 6700 words just being a few more longwinded posts on top of the 5700.

1,600 words

You are shrewd and skeptical.

You are empathetic: you feel what others feel and are compassionate towards them. You are independent: you have a strong desire to have time to yourself. And you are philosophical: you are open to and intrigued by new ideas and love to explore them.

Experiences that give a sense of prestige hold some appeal to you.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider independence to guide a large part of what you do: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them.

5700 words

You are shrewd, skeptical and can be perceived as indirect.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life. And you are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of connectedness.

You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done. You consider independence to guide a large part of what you do: you like to set your own goals to decide how to best achieve them.

6700 words

You are shrewd, somewhat inconsiderate and can be perceived as indirect.

You are intermittent: you have a hard time sticking with difficult tasks for a long period of time. You are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life. And you are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are.

You are motivated to seek out experiences that provide a strong feeling of well-being.

I ran some essays I wrote in college through it and got something totally different but the "You are relatively unconcerned with tradition: you care more about making your own path than following what others have done." is consistent in all my writing apparently.

It'd be interesting to do this with a single poster among different games to see what personality traits they employed. Actually you know what I'll do this with myself.

Top Bottom