• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Hm, I see. Sounds like a price to pay to become a game runner, but I would like to know how it feels to be on the other side.

Yeah, I've been thinking about running a game, but I'm not sure I have it in me.

I love designing games though. If possible I'd love to design an open setup game that I myself got to play in

Palmer_v1

Alright, not to rain on any parades, but I thought we discussed doing .5 recruitment differently so more people have an opportunity to sign up, i.e. Scrafty's game is 3/4 full already when a lot of people haven't even seen it advertised yet.

I thought we were leaving it open for several days, then prioritze players the same way we put them in the waitlist?

We also have people signing up who are playing in other games currently. I thought the general consensus was that we should avoid that except when it's absolutely needed for replacements.

Alright, not to rain on any parades, but I thought we discussed doing .5 recruitment differently so more people have an opportunity to sign up, i.e. Scrafty's game is 3/4 full already when a lot of people haven't even seen it advertised yet.

I thought we were leaving it open for several days, then prioritze players the same way we put them in the waitlist?

We also have people signing up who are playing in other games currently. I thought the general consensus was that we should avoid that except when it's absolutely needed for replacements.

to be fair, some of the new comers may have missed the review thread and its discussions on the matter. i've prioritised the ones who are free agents on the top of my sign up list, but im not in a rush, so i will leave Heist Mafia recruitment up for a week (at least).

FluxWaveZ

You can ask Retro for a spot to brainstorm it. Just don't let too many people have access to it initially.

Sounds good, will definitely do that once I'm done putting it together on my end if I decide I'm good with not participating in main games for at least a couple seasons.

Is the only difference between mid-season games and main season games the time they take place in, or is there an implication regarding the scope/balance of the games? Being a newbie, it seems that mid-season mods don't really need as much mentoring or set up as those for the main games.

Droplet

Sounds good, will definitely do that once I'm done putting it together on my end if I decide I'm good with not participating in main games for at least a couple seasons.

Is the only difference between mid-season games and main season games the time they take place in, or is there an implication regarding the scope/balance of the games? Being a newbie, it seems that mid-season mods don't really need as much mentoring or set up as those for the main games.

The number of players is generally smaller and they're usually set up at a quicker pace, so they're meant to end faster than a normal game would. NV is an exception for how fast main-season games normally go. Mid-season is also a good time to run games with different mechanics (like Salva's vigilante game and the game where you pretend to be another player).

Palmer_v1

In general, the .5 games are more experimental, and thus run/organize a little faster and looser. They're also smaller player counts. 15ish is a decent number to aim for. If your game is exceptionally bastard, or vanilla, or has anything weird, it's probably best to mention that when you recruit.

Too soon for me. I was aiming more for the New Year, or whenever WW ends, whichever comes first.

You can remove me.

Aw, you really wanted to be part of this though :'<

I wanted to give NV players and newbies something to do while the other games wrap up, but I'd be fine with waiting til the new year or WW finishes. It'd give me more time to write flavour at least!

Palmer_v1

Aw, you really wanted to be part of this though :'<

I wanted to give NV players and newbies something to do while the other games wrap up, but I'd be fine with waiting til the new year or WW finishes. It'd give me more time to write flavour at least!

Don't delay for me. These other folks deserve to play!

Blarg and I reunited again? <3

h1i93Ie.gif

1. UltraJay
2. Sorian
3. Sophia
4. Xamtheking
5. Lone_Prodigy
6. Pop-O-Matic
7. Darryl
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Seath
10. TL21xx
11. StarSketch
12. Hyperactivity
13. Blargonaut

Alright, here's the updated sign-up list for the new page. Still got 4 spots left, but I'll continue accepting players up until game start and beyond so that newer players get a chance to have a turn. We'll likely need subs too so don't hesitate to express interest even if the list is full!

UltraJay

I gotta decide if I should change my avatar even though my current one is pretty JRPG already. Now... Should I role-play as a emo protagonist or should I annoy everyone as a moogle?

... Whatever...

btw I've been lurking this thread for basically forever, studied all your moves and flickered when my name was spoken

• Super kudos to Yeeny for managing all GAFia affairs this Season~!
  • props to all S4 and prospective S4.5 and S5 hosts, but my game ideas are better
  • TY for all my various well-deserved S3 awards
  • GJ Retro for setting up our warmongering tax haven, sry doing missions so can't shower
  • Congrats to Swamped for marriage!
    3er8Kav.gif
  • Welcome to all new players, get good
There, I think that covers it

k brb

*Splinter

Heist/FF, put me in both plz

Also Palmer is right we should do the longer sign up + priority thing

To that end:

Sign me up for Heist
Sign me up for FF (assuming I'm in Heist, so I get a lower priority here)

Sensible?

cabochon, sign up will be open for one week ! will start after that :> im not in a rush though so if you're itching to play some mafia, FF may start earlier :D

splinter, okiedokies !

BOTH GAMES ARE NOW UP ON FIRST PAGE, WITH SIGNY UPPY PEOPLE

*Splinter

Also my game is surprisingly close to completion. Not announcing a theme yet, but I believe Coppa and I are competing to be the first player banned from running future games.

I will need 30 players and hope to run very late S4.5

I'll need more eyes to assist me soon. Anyone who definitely isn't playing this season and doesn't mind helping, please let me know! (Once you have thread access, you 100% won't be able to play)

Also my game is surprisingly close to completion. Not announcing a theme yet, but I believe Coppa and I are competing to be the first player banned from running future games.

I'll need more eyes to assist me soon. Anyone who definitely isn't playing this season and doesn't mind helping, please let me know! (Once you have thread access, you 100% won't be able to play)

i definitely not playing this season o/

cabot

cabochon, sign up will be open for one week ! will start after that :> im not in a rush though so if you're itching to play some mafia, FF may start earlier :D

splinter, okiedokies !

BOTH GAMES ARE NOW UP ON FIRST PAGE, WITH SIGNY UPPY PEOPLE

The problem is I don't know if I could do both at the same time, because I suspect closely reading all posts will be even more important in heist.

If it's that soon, count me out of FF. Heist only for me, sorry Scrafty!

The problem is I don't know if I could do both at the same time, because I suspect closely reading all posts will be even more important in heist.

If it's that soon, count me out of FF. Heist only for me, sorry Scrafty!

dun be pressured to play heist silly! FF sounds fun :O im sure there will be enough unsuspecting victims for this spider to nom on. play what you want! OK???!!!!

I'll tentatively say S5 for that one

o ok

Palmer_v1

30 players isnt really a .5 game. Thats bigger than the main games. And running it at the end of the season means it will probably delay the start of the next season.

Ty4on

30 players isnt really a .5 game. Thats bigger than the main games. And running it at the end of the season means it will probably delay the start of the next season.
It's by Splinter. There will probably be an average of five deaths per night and two per day.

nin1000

Banned
Well I am more interested in heist out of the two, so I am playing what I want how dare you!!

Reunited again ! i will be in the HEIST game aswell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaringMerryKouprey.gif

What other mid season games are going up soon? Final fantasy sounds fun, but I don't want to jump into the first game that and regret my choices when a better game strolls by later.

Top Bottom