• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

MattyG

Banned
Just want to throw in that I REALLY want to run a Fallout themed game at some point.

I think I'd rather participate in Gafia that way than playing, I don't think playing is really my thing, to be honest.

Palmer_v1

Just want to throw in that I REALLY want to run a Fallout themed game at some point.

I think I'd rather participate in Gafia that way than playing, I don't think playing is really my thing, to be honest.

Star Wars was a fun game, people. I'll always wonder what it could have been like if the Armorers had functioned at all.

Current list:

1. UltraJay
2. Sorian
3. Sophia
4. Xamtheking
5. Lone_Prodigy
6. Pop-O-Matic
7. Darryl
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Seath
10. TL21xx
11. StarSketch
12. Hyperactivity
13. Blargonaut
14. *Splinter
15. nin1000

Mild hold off on starting until WW hits its night phase; that way people can be more focused on one game at a time for the critical opening stretch at least.

Sorian

Banned
I hope I get to be the king of not giving a fuck:

latest

Haters gonna hate I'm sure

Edit: I'm going to consider it a win if I get anyone from FF9.

Kevyt

Current list! Only four more to go, wooooo!

I'm aiming for a Monday start; would that work for everyone?

Current list:

1. UltraJay
2. Sorian
3. Sophia
4. Xamtheking
5. Lone_Prodigy
6. Pop-O-Matic
7. Darryl
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Seath
10. TL21xx
11. StarSketch
12. Hyperactivity
13. Blargonaut
14. *Splinter
15. nin1000

Mild hold off on starting until WW hits its night phase; that way people can be more focused on one game at a time for the critical opening stretch at least.

It's going to be so much fun first time playing with Blarg and once again with Sorian!! <3

I can't wait!! \o/

tumblr_inline_mx73t065EY1s1vy8w.gif

Sorian

Banned
There's some irony in me and blarg meeting in a final fantasy game when our first meeting involved me being some protagonist fighting Blarg's 15 final forms.

Just leaving this here for nostalgia

xzcfammtbffxfjbr.png

I hope I get to be the king of not giving a fuck:

Haters gonna hate I'm sure

Edit: I'm going to consider it a win if I get anyone from FF9.
I will back you on the FFIX love. FFVI is my favorite, but VII and IX are neck and neck for second place.

You are Freya. Every other turn, during the night phase you may target one player using

Jump: target

You are NK immune when you issue this command, and your target will be killed during the next night phase . You are visible to trackers both nights.

Freya is mai waifu

I agree with Timmy. Star Wars was great. Would totally be down for another MattyG game.

Sorian

Banned
I will back you on the FFIX love. FFVI is my favorite, but VII and IX are neck and neck for second place.

You are Freya. Every other turn, during the night phase you may target one player using

Jump: target

You are NK immune when you issue this command, and your target will be killed during the next night phase . You are visible to trackers both nights.

Freya is mai waifu

*Scrafty goes and changes a role that has been spoiled*

:p

Haha I tried to think of something outlandish, but a commuting serial killer sounded way more outlandish in my head.

Sorry Scrafty, if I somehow guessed! €_€

Darryl

Banned
i'm afraid to give ff9 any compliments in public space out of fear it'll get rebooted as a multipart action game series with expansive merchandising, cross-overs and spin-offs

Sorian

Banned
i'm afraid to give ff9 any compliments in public space out of fear it'll get rebooted as a multipart action game series with expansive merchandising, cross-overs and spin-offs

I was 100% on board with everything having to do with the FFVII remake until they said it was split into multi part :/

Fireblend

Banned
FFIX is the best.

Also I don't really see an issue with the FFVII multipart thing. I'll probably buy em and try to enjoy em (I haven't had fun with anything FF related in a while).

Palmer_v1

Freya the non-consecutive Commuting Vig. I like it.

All of the FF love makes me want to brainstorm a FFVI specific game. I can't wait to see how Scrafty's is going to go.

Coppanuva

Soon all games will just be me and blarg

Sorian too (though he does host the ONUW games, so it may be only a matter of time)! I'll be playing in quite a few once I get back from this whole engagement Christmas trip thing. I dunno how I'll feel about Hosting, I'll see after Mario Party comes into fruition... assuming it doesn't somehow (break)/(get me banished from) GAFia.

All the FF9 love warms the cockles of my heart, especially since I've been (re)playing it the past few weeks. Do wish it would at least get a PC port like 7&8 did, though.

Sorian

Banned
FFIX is the best.

Also I don't really see an issue with the FFVII multipart thing. I'll probably buy em and try to enjoy em (I haven't had fun with anything FF related in a while).

I'm making some assumptions but from my perspective it looks like a well meaning idea (if we just make one big game, we aren't going to release it until 2021 so let's split it up and we can get people back into this world faster) but then it's going to be tainted by money grabs ("each part is it's own gaming experience!" so we'll charge you $60 per part).

It rubs me the wrong way is all, obviously this all changes if they don't charge each part full price but it's just such a clear indicator of how the landscape has changed since 1997.

I know games cost more to make in today's age. The industry is still falling over itself for money grabs whenever possible and SE is a top offender IMO

Haha I tried to think of something outlandish, but a commuting serial killer sounded way more outlandish in my head.

Sorry Scrafty, if I somehow guessed! €_€

Don't worry; that's not actually a role in this game :p

Rest assured there will be some absolutely nonsensical roles in play, though!

Except Lulu. I am Lulu. None of you get to be Lulu.

There's a Final Fantasy game???????? I want in!

1. UltraJay
2. Sorian
3. Sophia
4. Xamtheking
5. Lone_Prodigy
6. Pop-O-Matic
7. Darryl
8. Terrabyte20xx
9. Seath
10. TL21xx
11. StarSketch
12. Hyperactivity
13. Blargonaut
14. *Splinter
15. nin1000
16. Boo Boo'n

One more spot until we start booting veterans into sub positions!

Sorian

Banned
Sorian too (though he does host the ONUW games, so it may be only a matter of time)! I'll be playing in quite a few once I get back from this whole engagement Christmas trip thing. I dunno how I'll feel about Hosting, I'll see after Mario Party comes into fruition... assuming it doesn't somehow (break)/(get me banished from) GAFia.

Maybe soon I'll be announcing something that isn't ONUW >_>

Maybe I've been working on something in my free time <_<

RetroMG

Freya the non-consecutive Commuting Vig. I like it.

All of the FF love makes me want to brainstorm a FFVI specific game. I can't wait to see how Scrafty's is going to go.

I can't play Scrafty's cause I helped with it, but I will totally either help you run this or play it.

Also, someone on here mentioned a Gafia Starbound server, and since my game is done and the semester's almost over, I set one up. Details are over in the gaming board on Outer Gafia.

I can't play Scrafty's cause I helped with it, but I will totally either help you run this or play it.

Also, someone on here mentioned a Gafia Starbound server, and since my game is done and the semester's almost over, I set one up. Details are over in the gaming board on Outer Gafia.
Gonna go blow some shit up

Swamped

Banned
I agree with Timmy. Star Wars was great. Would totally be down for another MattyG game.

Yup, I've said this before but I thought the Star Wars set up was so fun and very tight and balanced. I really liked that all the roles were somehow aligned to the armorer theme. Only one teeeeeny thing would have enhanced the game, and that's if the two Undercovers had a separate chat, like scum-aligned masons.

I would actually love to play that same set up again, with the armorers lasting longer!

MattyG

Banned
Star Wars was a fun game, people. I'll always wonder what it could have been like if the Armorers had functioned at all.

Yup, I've said this before but I thought the Star Wars set up was so fun and very tight and balanced. I really liked that all the roles were somehow aligned to the armorer theme. Only one teeeeeny thing would have enhanced the game, and that's if the two Undercovers had a separate chat, like scum-aligned masons.

I would actually love to play that same set up again, with the armorers lasting longer!
<3

I'm glad people liked it so much. Hopefully I can do this Fallout themed game next season or the season after.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
heh, I'd forgotten about the suicide armourers. I don't think S&W went quite as planned, in retrospect. Probably the most tightly balanced mafia game to date, though - both season 2 games were very good in this respect.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Dat crab seal of approval.

I mean I helped design it, of course I approve. :p

No, but both kark and mattyg were very thoughtful and restrained when crafting their games, so I didn't actually do much

Palmer_v1

No, but both kark and mattyg were very thoughtful and restrained when crafting their games, so I didn't actually do much

At one point of the WW reboot, I was at 26 players and very strongly considered simply copying one of previous games to see how it would go with our current meta.

Someday.

MattyG

Banned
heh, I'd forgotten about the suicide armourers. I don't think S&W went quite as planned, in retrospect. Probably the most tightly balanced mafia game to date, though - both season 2 games were very good in this respect.
Honestly, I feel like it would've been absolute chaos if both those armourers had stayed alive. It either would've made the game way better or way worse.

Noooo, you helped a ton with both of our games. I think you actually may have suggested the dual armourers role in the first place.

Sorian

Banned

-Less is more.

-If you want to do one weird mechanic, put it in place first and then start building roles that play off of that one mechanic.

You now have the keys to building your own mafia game.

Edit: I don't really know why I quoted you to say that, I think I quoted you with intention to say something then I had a mental split and went in another direction.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
-Less is more.

-If you want to do one weird mechanic, put it in place first and then start building roles that play off of that one mechanic.

You now have the keys to building your own mafia game.

Edit: I don't really know why I quoted you to say that, I think I quoted you with intention to say something then I had a mental split and went in another direction.

I'm fairly sure I wrote a guide to writing mafia games as advice for the S3 game-runners. Did that not become public?

Sorian

Banned
I'm fairly sure I wrote a guide to writing mafia games as advice for the S3 game-runners. Did that not become public?

Hmmm, I think I vaguely remember this getting posted at some point after 1 or 2 of the season 3 games have ended? I'm not 100% sure though, I'd like to give it a look (possibly again, I might have read it before).

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, this is a good guide. I don't think I've seen this before but apparently Crab and I think alike.

Unsure if good or bad.

Incidentally, I'll probably return to that guide before S5 starts and add some stuff.

Top Bottom