• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I study behavioural sciences and you are all my thesis.

UltraJay

Oh wow makes sense. I guess the half-an-hour bit threw me off.

Adelaide and Darwin are... weird. And the only reason we are both +9:30 but treated as separate timezones is because one doesn't recognize Daylight Savings. However, AEST is more widely know and is only 30 mins off from me.

Thanks for the welcomes-- I would love to be in a midseason game. I think I'll just officially put down my signup info and see what game I'm placed in!

-She/her pronouns
-I think I would actually enjoy a crazy game. Normal is fine too though. Let's say "any"
-Medium/fluctuating activity level-- I can sometimes goof off on my phone during work, not always.
-Eastern Daylight Time.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually pretty impressed by GirlGAF's participation rates, we seem to have way more girls as a proportion of players than GAF as a whole. Makes me feel like we must be doing something good on the inclusivity front. :D

Sorian

Banned
I'm actually pretty impressed by GirlGAF's participation rates, we seem to have way more girls as a proportion of players than GAF as a whole. Makes me feel like we must be doing something good on the inclusivity front. :D

Scheming has no gender bias.

Thanks for the welcomes-- I would love to be in a midseason game. I think I'll just officially put down my signup info and see what game I'm placed in!

-She/her pronouns
-I think I would actually enjoy a crazy game. Normal is fine too though. Let's say "any"
-Medium/fluctuating activity level-- I can sometimes goof off on my phone during work, not always.
-Eastern Daylight Time.

:D :D :D

welcome to gafia!

i'll put you in FF game for now, it starting soon. scrafty, which ones of your currently playing people do you want to put as sub?

Lord of Castamere was the latest to sign up but its your call!

oh and dont forget to register to Outer Gafia!

Burbeting

Banned

It's interesting, that in the old forum where I was playing, around 90% of players were girls, I think. It makes an interesting comparsion to gafia, where the numbers are reversed.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Replacing LoC seems fair, he's still active in HP.

Sorian

Banned
There should be an S5 game with new people only

We purposely don't do that. We like having newbies and vets playing together so that the newbies can pick up and learn the game faster. It ends up being a better experience all around because some newbies have drastically new styles so vets learn a lot too.

We purposely don't do that. We like having newbies and vets playing together so that the newbies can pick up and learn the game faster. It ends up being a better experience all around because some newbies have drastically new styles so vets learn a lot too.
It would be an opt-in game, newbies wouldn't be forced into it, and everyone would be at the same skill level
I think Xam just wants to watch from the sidelines and take bets.
Blood for the blood god

It would be an opt-in game, newbies wouldn't be forced into it, and everyone would be at the same skill level

Blood for the blood god

That's assuming everyone who joins is a pure newbie. I think most players here have played mafia before in some fashion. I don't think you'd be able to fill that game honestly. It would only work if you did a "graduation" game in outer heaven that was small, mandatory, and had to wait to fill, which I'm strongly against. The more complicated joining is the less people will do it. Mark those words. We might push people away by overwhelming them but I guarantee the alternatives are worse.

Speaking as someone who had never even heard of this game prior to Gafia, I think jumping into the deep end game 1 was a good thing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Has Roy ever been scum? I can't imagine scum Roy, he's just too cute.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't read NX. I saw 50 posts in one day and carried on with my life.

RetroMG

Getting ready to start Jackbox party games in about ten minutes!

In case anyone doesn't know how to play Quiplash: (I will repost this closer to the time.)

You will need:

1. A device/window/tab/whatever capable of viewing the Gafia Games channel on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/gafiagames)
2. Another device/window/tab/whatever capable of going on the web to jackbox.tv/
3. Ideally, somewhere the ability to reach NeoGAF or Outer Gafia.

Here's how it works:

-You will watch the game on the Twitch Stream, which will be broadcast from my PS4.
-You will answer questions or vote on answers on whatever device is at Jackbox.tv.

Here's how we keep idiots out:

I will post the code to access our game room, (which you will need to enter on Jackbox.tv to play) in this thread, and in the Shoutbox on Outer Gafia. I will not actually start the stream until we have a sufficient number of people in the room. If you are coming and can't get in for some reason, post in the OG shoutbox, here, or IM me on Steam.

Once we have enough people, I will start the game and the stream at the same time. This keeps random players from Twitch, (who so far have been awful whenever we've had them,) from joining.

Top Bottom