• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

RetroMG

In case anyone doesn't know how to play Jackbox Games: (I will repost this closer to the time.)

You will need:

1. A device/window/tab/whatever capable of viewing the Gafia Games channel on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/gafiagames)
2. Another device/window/tab/whatever capable of going on the web to http://jackbox.tv/
3. Ideally, somewhere the ability to reach NeoGAF or Outer Gafia.

Here's how it works:

-You will watch the game on the Twitch Stream, which will be broadcast from my PS4.
-You will answer questions or vote on answers on whatever device is at Jackbox.tv.

Here's how we keep idiots out:

I will post the code to access our game room, (which you will need to enter on Jackbox.tv to play) in this thread, and in the Shoutbox on Outer Gafia. I will not actually start the stream until we have a sufficient number of people in the room. If you are coming and can't get in for some reason, post in the OG shoutbox, here, or IM me on Steam.

Once we have enough people, I will start the game and the stream at the same time. This keeps random players from Twitch, (who so far have been awful whenever we've had them,) from joining.

RetroMG

Hey, former citizens of Night Vale, there's some voting going on in the wreckage of the thread. Come take a look and shoot me a PM, wouldja?

And hey... Thanks.

i did put crab's guide in the OP guize

no one reaaaaaaaaaaaads ;____;

and nin, since scrafty let you in FF i'll not put you in Heist for now :>

also! mattyg!

Star Wars was a great set up! <3

it made me hate palmer with the strength of a thousand sun~ ^______^ so warm~

additionally, i agree with palmer and gorlakie that people should play one game at a time. yep. i think i made a bit of a stink about this in the review thread last time bahuuuuuu

:3

*Splinter

Crab's guide should be required reading. Shove a secret phrase in there or something. No secret phrase in your game application? APPLICATION DENIED.

Ignoring his advice is fine, but I haven't seen any game put Bowser and Luigi on the same team yet.

Also "roles before flavour". I don't see it in the guide but he's mentioned it elsewhere.

Sorian

Banned
Crab's guide should be required reading. Shove a secret phrase in there or something. No secret phrase in your game application? APPLICATION DENIED.

Ignoring his advice is fine, but I haven't seen any game put Bowser and Luigi on the same team yet.

Also "roles before flavour". I don't see it in the guide but he's mentioned it elsewhere.

Yes to the bolded. You can layer any flavor you want over the game you've set up. Make the game first, don't be a slave to the flavor you want to do.

Darryl

Banned
i tried town of salem out after hearing it mentioned so many times. how does this game get fun? so far it's a bunch of undertale/racist stuff and everyone fucking around with everyone constantly

Sorian

Banned
i tried town of salem out after hearing it mentioned so many times. how does this game get fun? so far it's a bunch of undertale/racist stuff and everyone fucking around with everyone constantly

You play 50 matches and then you are allowed to play ranked. That's where it can be fun. As with any online community, there can be shit heads at time.

50 matches is exactly as steep as it sounds unfortunately :/

You only play with other gafia members, and watch as you all immediately go after each other's throats

Darryl

Banned
You play 50 matches and then you are allowed to play ranked. That's where it can be fun. As with any online community, there can be shit heads at time.

50 matches is exactly as steep as it sounds unfortunately :/

with all the downtime between matches, that's horrifying

You only play with other gafia members, and watch as you all immediately go after each other's throats

lol. i'm for this

Sorian

Banned
with all the downtime between matches, that's horrifying

Play custom matches, the people may still suck but people get really creative with the game types. I enjoy ToS quite a lot so I can binge but I can understand how it can be unappealing to others. There is enjoyment to be found there, it's just it take way more work to find than it should.

lol. i'm for this

There's a vigilante game with nothing but arsonists, vigilantes, jailors, witches, serial killers, etc.

We decided before game how we were gonna name ourselves. Only two people followed it. Me and another one. It was basically X 1, X3.

We both got arsonist

Guess who both got woken up with the message "YOU WERE DOUSED LAST NIGHT"

D:

We still won because the totally randomised role was another arsonist, but god damn

And it happened across all the other games. We always investigated, jailed, killed, and protected (I figured any scum GAFIA members would go for the others) the entire time

Sorian

Banned
There's a vigilante game with nothing but arsonists, vigilantes, jailors, witches, serial killers, etc.

We decided before game how we were gonna name ourselves. Only two people followed it. Me and another one. It was basically X 1, X3.

We both got arsonist

Guess who both got woken up with the message "YOU WERE DOUSED LAST NIGHT"

D:

We still won because the totally randomised role was another arsonist, but god damn

And it happened across all the other games. We always investigated, jailed, killed, and protected (I figured any scum GAFIA members would go for the others) the entire time

We totally did not come up with a naming scheme before that one (or I didn't see it). Then Burb named himself I Love Sorian

lol

Sorian

Banned
Wrong one

That was the game where I was doctor protecting Burb

Vig game we had a plan, and you all fucked it up

Hmm maybe, I do know the game with you and Tim as arsonists, I was the survivor and someone doused me early on then I died :( (I think it was the mystery third arsonist that doused me)

Sorian

Banned
Alright Everyone!

I have an announcement I'd like to make!

I know there are a ton of games on the slate already and in no way do I plan to push them out of the way. I just want to mark my territory. After a lot of scouring the internet reading a bunch of mafia games from different communities, I found an idea that I just fell in love with. Over the past few days, I've been tweaking it and figuring out how I could overlay my favorite flavor and after a few hours of playing around with it more tonight, I give you:

uTmYD4A.jpg

A 21-player game brought to you by Sorian. Currently a 6-7 on the Crab Bastard Scale. Coming to a Gafia Community near you in 2016.

This was totally a commercial for something you've always wanted that isn't coming out soon. Get Hype!

Retro/Scrafty/YNNNY/Nin, could I get my own little baby board over on OG?

If anyone would like to "mentor" my game. Please feel free to PM me and I'll let the OG crew know to let you access my board. I probably only need one or two people. This game is fairly balanced already but I am curious on opinions for one or two things and I'm always willing to take a fresh set of eyes when I start writing all the flavor out to make sure nothing is confusing to the readers.

Get Hype!

soyuri~ that's pretty cool

is this for main season game? S5?

i think scrafty is also planning for an ace attorney game? is this collaby with her?

i'll set you up a board now ~

edit: board is up for you soyuri!

Sorian

Banned
soyuri~ that's pretty cool

is this for main season game? S5?

i think scrafty is also planning for an ace attorney game? is this collaby with her?

i'll set you up a board now ~

Shoot, I did not know this if true. I was hoping no one had claimed it and I couldn't remember anyone saying they had.

It can be mid-season or S5. I think it might be a tad small for a main season game? I'm thinking I have to keep it at 21 people.

Sorian

Banned
shit, I have to be in that.

I mean I guess I could co-mod too, but you'd probably want someone more experienced im game design

If you have any interest in playing, stay spoiler free. I have 0 worry of this game being unbalanced and I'm always around so surprise turbos or anything will probably not catch me off guard.

Don't worry about me, dude. I'd actually love to play in this so I can just think of a different game to plan for S5! Maybe Dark Souls/Bloodborne?

I'll only play if it has a convoluted alternate win condition involving the consumption and/or sacrifice of infants.

Each member of the Great Ones team gives one-third of the umbilical cord to whoever kills them or leads their lynch. If someone can get 3 or more they become the final boss who's a bulletproof SK role cop who's also a veteran but can be killed super easily by a mere lynch.

MattyG

Banned
So I haven't been around when this has happened, but how do we decide which games and setups are played next season? Like, I want to run one, but do I have to make a post in Outer Gafia to claim it or something?

also! mattyg!

Star Wars was a great set up! <3

it made me hate palmer with the strength of a thousand sun~ ^______^ so warm~
Thank you <3

Wasn't Star Wars where you were first taken into the Gafia family? You were a replacement, right?

Sorian

Banned
So I haven't been around when this has happened, but how do we decide which games and setups are played next season? Like, I want to run one, but do I have to make a post in Outer Gafia to claim it or something?

Thank you <3

Wasn't Star Wars where you were first taken into the Gafia family? You were a replacement, right?

For main season, we do a new recruitment thread before the season starts and as people sign up (both old and new), they vote for the game(s) they want to be in. Votes choose games

For mid season, it just seems like an announce when your game is ready and you think there are enough non-playing players to fill it.

Edit: And I mean, otherwise, you just need to announce intent anywhere I think. Retro will make you a little secret board on OG if you want so any collaborators can be invited to talk it out with you.

Thank you <3

YESSIR

it was my maiden voyage with gafia and it was the one that bit me with the curse and now forever i will blame you for getting me addicted to the game

IT IS ALL MATTYG'S FAULT

as for next season, please submit game ideas to me (either here or through pm) ! i am keeping a list for now but as for which one will run and whatnot, it will be discussed openly once S4 wraps up :D

you dont need to make a board in Outer Gafia, but it helps with setting things up if you need someone else to look at your set-up and what not~

also, what sorian said ^

Top Bottom