• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAG 2.0 |OT| of Ultimate Relaunch Party with Playstation MOVE!

newjeruse

Doing my Valor run for what will be the only time. Valor is unspeakably awful as a PMC. No teamwork and a generally low level of skill. I can't wait to return to the Raven master race.

Victrix

*beard*
Dropping by with a few random thoughts

1) This game is still really fun. Even with BF3 distracting me on PC and on the eve of MW3, I still get the urge to play this surprisingly often. It has a certain atmosphere and feel that's unique.

2) They need to force update the free DLC mission mode - I have yet to get into a game with it, because the lobby for it never fills up, and I suspect part of that is that people don't realize its free - there was no in-game news when I logged in at all.

I hope Zipper is still doing well after Socom4, I didn't see much buzz about that at all, and MAG is a damn good game, it'd be a shame if they're going to drop support for it totally.

Does anyone know what Zipper is working on now? MAG is an impressive achievement on a lot of levels, I hope they're pushing on with something significant for their next release.

Probably not a great time to bump this, since it's going to drown in BF3/MW3/Skyrim/Zelda/Jesus Christ Holidays but hey, MAG is good, MAG is cheap, play it some time :p

theBishop

Banned
Shit sorry about the bad bump (in the other thread). Only had google search to go with. Anyone getting this game for friends since it's cheap for the holidays? Domination needs more players.

Shit sorry about the bad bump (in the other thread). Only had google search to go with. Anyone getting this game for friends since it's cheap for the holidays? Domination needs more players.
Nice necro-bump. You still playing MAG, bishop? What's the player count like these days?

rCIZZLE

Is the community still active at all? This is probably my favorite console shooter but I haven't played it in about 10 months due to school/fighting games.

Trevelyan

Banned

It's been a few months since I've had this in my PS3, but I wouldn't mind firing it up again and getting sucked in. Loved the game for the year I played, but then KZ3 and Socom 4 came out. I'll definitely dive back into it though.

newjeruse

What PMCs are you guys in? I need to vet myself out of Valor asap and get back to Raven. Still play about ten hours a month.

fixuis

Ah MAG. My fav fps shooter. Value <3. Haven't logged in since the last 6 months or so due to some commitments else where but will get back soon. I've been with KEQ and they make being in Valor a lot of fun. Awesome teamwork.

carlos

The player count has definitely taken a big hit due to battlefield 3 and modern warfare; There's usually only about 400 people in domination, with only a couple of games going at the same time....definitely a lot more waiting than just a few weeks ago :(

Finally got my platinum, though the game is so fun that I still play sporadically

theBishop

Banned
Ah MAG. My fav fps shooter. Value <3. Haven't logged in since the last 6 months or so due to some commitments else where but will get back soon. I've been with KEQ and they make being in Valor a lot of fun. Awesome teamwork.

I got invited to KEQ last night. 27 players online. <3

Between the new clan, and getting the game for some friends, I'm re-addicted.

Does anyone else think this game should be on PC? PC players would keep the community alive.

jayb

I got invited to KEQ last night. 27 players online. <3

Between the new clan, and getting the game for some friends, I'm re-addicted.

Does anyone else think this game should be on PC? PC players would keep the community alive.

that would be great. They need to make MAG 2 with PC/PS3 cross-platform play.

Everybody needs to start playing this again. We need to get the GAF clan back together and we need to start playing again. This game is too fucking good to be sitting on your shelf collecting dust. Who's with me!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Everybody needs to start playing this again. We need to get the GAF clan back together and we need to start playing again. This game is too fucking good to be sitting on your shelf collecting dust. Who's with me!

I need to pick it back up some. Thinking back, I never "maxed" out a faction.

theBishop

Banned

I'm still playing, and I'd be up for it. But I just joined the KEQ clan, so I can't join GAF.

username: thebishop

Ok, to make things simple I made a google spreadsheet, to see the link quote this post and the link will be after "EMAIL=". Just add your gaf name, psn name and current faction. If we get enough people signed up we'll make a new clan, otherwise we'll at least be able to add each other as friends and join an existing clan. Cheers.

-

patsu

Ok, to make things simple I mad a google spreadsheet, to see the link quote this post and the link will be after "EMAIL=". Just add your gaf name, psn name and current faction. If we get enough people signed up we'll make a new clan, otherwise we'll at least be able to add each other as friends and join an existing clan. Cheers.

-

I added my info !

jayb

what's the player count these days? I just replaced my YLOD ps3 with a new one... is it even worth it to re-download all the patches?

what's the player count these days? I just replaced my YLOD ps3 with a new one... is it even worth it to re-download all the patches?

Pretty damn low. It can up to about 10 minutes to get into a Domination game. But since most of the people who still play are vets the games you do get into are usually very competitive. Still worth playing but I'd set aside some time to re-download everything when you can since it'll take some time.

jayb

I finally fired this back up last night... it didn't take long at all to get into a game using multi-queue. I initially tried to just get into a game of interdiction, but just when it was about to fill up, one of the factions would suddenly drop down to ~9. :/ I guess that's due to multi-queue players?

Anyway, this game still rocks! I only have a few more trophies left to get Plat - the hardest of which are the 58 medals.

Kind of sad about the Zipper rumors. I really want to see MAG 2.

jayb

Does this game still has dedicated servers? My friend told me it's only P2P now.

I don't see how it could be p2p. There's too many players for what most people's internet connection could handle.

On another note, I've been grinding to get the rest of my medals... still love this game, but the abuse of the vote to kick function is rage-inducing.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Bought this for 10 bucks today and I honestly still feel I got ripped off. what the fuck is this shit??

not only did I get snipped whilst jumping out of a plane for 10 min straight. it takes a whole clip to down an enemy yet I get killed in 2 or 3 shots.

garbage game. horrid.

Bought this for 10 bucks today and I honestly still feel I got ripped off. what the fuck is this shit??

not only did I get snipped whilst jumping out of a plane for 10 min straight. it takes a whole clip to down an enemy yet I get killed in 2 or 3 shots.

garbage game. horrid.

You're just bad at it. Took too long to pick it up.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
And of course he's not at a high enough level to get the extra health and skills to have less recoil, etc.

I'm guessing he's also playing against OP SVER. ;)

yeah, a couple rounds against SVER's home turf maps, anyone would want to break their disks.

sk3tch

Anyone still playing? I've been getting back into my PS3 so I re-picked up a copy of this. I should be online next weekend. Cost me $5 lol...so no big loss if it's a ghost town.

sk3tch

Come back! I'll be playing next weekend. I played this game at launch until I hit the level cap...didn't re-roll. Miss it! I seem to recall there were like seventy billion patches since...even Move controls and shiz, lol...hopefully they didn't NERF the SVER home bases too much. SVER 4 lyfe!!! ;)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Come back! I'll be playing next weekend. I played this game at launch until I hit the level cap...didn't re-roll. Miss it! I seem to recall there were like seventy billion patches since...even Move controls and shiz, lol...hopefully they didn't NERF the SVER home bases too much. SVER 4 lyfe!!! ;)

level cap..on all 3 sides like I did?! Seriously, loved this game and times with gaf, but man I don't think it's the same game as back then with all the changes and shit. Nice to see this thread bumped in my subscriptions though.

repeater

Are Sony trying to bury this game completely? Today my Move Navigation controller was delivered, so I thought I could download the PS+ Full Game Trial for MAG that I'd previously seen, thinking that it would be a nice way to try out the complete Move setup and at the same time get a demo of a game that I've been a little curious about. But when I went to search for the Trial on the PS store, nothing came up, regardless of whether I searched via the webstore or the console storefront. The only thing I could find was a bunch of avatars and themes. What gives?

Are Sony trying to bury this game completely? Today my Move Navigation controller was delivered, so I thought I could download the PS+ Full Game Trial for MAG that I'd previously seen, thinking that it would be a nice way to try out the complete Move setup and at the same time get a demo of a game that I've been a little curious about. But when I went to search for the Trial on the PS store, nothing came up, regardless of whether I searched via the webstore or the console storefront. The only thing I could find was a bunch of avatars and themes. What gives?

Not every game has a trial. I don't think Sony is going out of their why to bury it, but they're clearly not promoting or supporting it, except for servers I guess.

Top Bottom