• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Too bad you're losing their other BFF: Domri.

Deck: Temur Midrange Monsters
u.gif
r.gif
g.gif

//Lands
4 Forest
4 Frontier Bivouac
2 Mana Confluence
4 Mountain
2 Shivan Reef
2 Temple of Mystery
4 Wooded Foothills
2 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
3 Chandra, Pyromaster
2 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
2 Temur Ascendancy
3 Temur Charm
1 Xenagos, the Reveler

//Creatures
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Elvish Mystic
4 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Rattleclaw Mystic
4 Savage Knuckleblade
3 Stormbreath Dragon
2 Surrak Dragonclaw

//Sideboard
2 Stubborn Denial
3 Disdainful Stroke
2 See the Unwritten
1 Xenagos, God of Revels
2 Destructive Revelry
2 Crater's Claws
3 Sagu Mauler

Display deck statistics

You have no idea how tempted I am to put See the Unwritten mainboard. Being Timmy and Spike at the same time is hard.

Jarate

Banned
So ive been thinking of building a flicker deck for kitchen table multiplayer game.

Anyone got suggestions for low mana best ETB cards

ultron87

If you add in blue you get Momentary Blink, Ghostly Flicker, Roon of the Hidden Realm, and Deadeye Navigator for a ton more flicker...ers as well. Though obviously in a 60 card deck at some point thats too many.

I suppose with white you probably have plenty with Flickerwisp, Restoration Angel and Cloudshift.

My Peasant cube has a "Bounce" archetype floating about it in it that's been fairly popular. Cards like Flickerwisp, Stonecloaker, Nephalia Smuggler, Faerie Impostor, Glimmerpoint Stag, Whitemane Lion, and Cloudshift get used to flicker things. The most popular target is Trostani's Summoner, but you can get lots of value from Eternal Witness, Skinrender, Aether Adept, Riftwing Cloudskate, Nessian Game Warden, Gray Merchant, Cloudgoat Ranger, Belfry Spirit, Mulldrifter, Kitchen Finks, the list goes on and on....

Jarate

Banned
If you add in blue you get Momentary Blink, Ghostly Flicker, Roon of the Hidden Realm, and Deadeye Navigator for a ton more flicker...ers as well. Though obviously in a 60 card deck at some point thats too many.

I suppose with white you probably have plenty with Flickerwisp, Restoration Angel and Cloudshift.

Im also gonna be running Conjurers Closet because I should have enough time in multi to get it out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FinanceGAF - how long should I hold onto this foil Clever Impersonator? I feel like its big demand is going to be in EDH where people actually like foiling out their decks and where its really good, but its a $35 card right now.

kirblar

FinanceGAF - how long should I hold onto this foil Clever Impersonator? I feel like its big demand is going to be in EDH where people actually like foiling out their decks and where its really good, but its a $35 card right now.
Sell now or wait a long time. (Like 3+ years)

Wichu

So ive been thinking of building a flicker deck for kitchen table multiplayer game.

Anyone got suggestions for low mana best ETB cards

Try making the actual ETB cards singletons - if it's just casual fun, consistency can get boring. I have a Brago commander deck that's pretty much the same strategy (play a bunch of ETB permanents, then reuse all of them every turn with Brago).

Blue/white/green are the best three colours for this (they even have a legendary specifically designed for the strategy in Roon of the Hidden Realm).

Wall of Blossoms/Wall of Omens are awesome. Stonehorn Dignitary can help you deal with someone who's getting a bit too powerful. Lone Missionary can gain you a crapton of life. Quarry Colossus is pretty backbreaking when you flicker it. Geist-Honored Monk will make a ton of tokens and get huge (bonus if you play Cathars' Crusade alongside it). Mulldrifter's been covered already. Augury Owl gives you some nice scry power.

IMO it's likely to go up - I think demand for it will eventually outstrip supply. I'm not an expert, though, so you might want to get another opinion :)

EDIT: Potential list for KRUPHIX'S MYSTERY MACHINE:

Creature (29)
4 Elvish Mystic
4 Dragon's Eye Savants
3 Icefeather Aven
4 Rattleclaw Mystic
4 Temur Charger
3 Kheru Spellsnatcher
1 Kruphix, God of Horizons
2 Prophet of Kruphix
4 Sagu Mauler

Artifact (2)
2 Ghostfire Blade

Enchantment (8)
4 Secret Plans
4 Trail of Mystery

Land (21)
7 Forest
5 Island
4 Temple of Mystery
1 Tomb of the Spirit
4 Yavimaya Coast

I just want to use the Kruphix I pulled somewhere :p

Angry Grimace

His Temur list has 4 See the Unwritten. Seems excessive.

Have we confirmed that the March Duel Deck is Elspeth vs Xenagos?

If so I can wait to pick them up

I find that rather unlikely, actually, mostly because they have to write little stories that explain why its occurring and Elspeth is current fake-dead. I guess they could be fighting in the underworld or something.

It is. I'd probably be better of with some savage knuckleblades and sagu mailers in there. Or better yet, dropping blue for consistency.

For tonight, I have 3 decks ready. Mardu tokens, UB Ashiok control, and temur walkers. I could probably pivot to the naya walkers but I lack the windswept heaths. I also have an abzan blitz deck that doesn't go above 3 mana that I feel is good but I'm missing a ton of cards.

Firemind

Which one is the Zoo list? (Please use a number, lol- imgur blocked.)
I don't know what saito's twitter is, but it has 4 fleecemane, knuckleblade, mantis rider, butcher and rhino. 4 temur mystic and caryatid as mana fixing/acceleration and 4 singing bell strike and banishing light as removal. Seems tight.

kirblar

I don't know what saito's twitter is, but it has 4 fleecemane, knuckleblade, mantis rider, butcher and rhino. 4 temur mystic and caryatid as mana fixing/acceleration and 4 singing bell strike and banishing light as removal. Seems tight.
Oh, the Ziggurat deck, lol

kirblar

That's why you don't buy boxes. :)

Brian Braun-Duin ‏@BraunDuinIt 58s

@shaheenmtg We have found that dig through time is insanely good but blue sucks in general. One of the only good cards in the color.

Sounds about right.

Firemind

Drafted two Armageddons.

One game I didn't draw my fourth land early and by then I was already behind, and in the other two games I didn't draw any.

Yep. Worthless in cube.

ultron87

Hour long Abzan mirrors are the worst. I decked myself in game one because I cast the look at top 4, take 2 spell. Then lost to Duneblast, eventually, in game 2.

Kacar

Went 3-0 and drew in the last round at fnm with the deck I posted last page. Even though i got beat pretty badly when we played for fun I thought my deck did fine.

1st round was mono blsck aggro which I won 2-1 with the SB games being so much easier with dark betrayal and pharikas cure.

2nd round was some naya aggro list that I would just anger or drown in sorrow and the game was over.

3rd rpund was affinity which with thoughtseize and despise was pretty easy.

4rd round abzan midrange just wrecked me.

Even got to finish my playset of bloodstained mires with the credit I won.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
2 boxes...

1 Sarkhan
1 Clever Impersonator
Foil Polluted Delta
2 Polluted Delta
1 Wooded Foothills
2 Misc Fetch

Zero Surrak's.

The fuck!

Angry Grimace

Hour long Abzan mirrors are the worst. I decked myself in game one because I cast the look at top 4, take 2 spell. Then lost to Duneblast, eventually, in game 2.
Based on FNM, every match is Abzan mirror.

So uh, after watching several box openings, KTK seems kinda bad. The only rares that are of interest are the fetches and the two Planeswalkers. Maybe also Butcher/Wingmate Roc. But yeah, the cool factor seems very, very low.

Looks great for drafting though. Dat flexibility.

Edit: 0 fetches and 2 Ugin artifacts in a box is glorious. You poor soul.

duxstar

I literally watched a kid in front of me open almost an entire box ..... on 30 bux.... he bought like 5 or 6 packs, opened fetchland, would get another 3 - 4 packs, another fetch/money card repeat. He did it until he finally struck out with 2 packs in the box left. Someone else bought them and opened a foil bloodstained mire. He opened a PLAYSET of polluted delta's in that one box, but traded them in.

I find it hard to believe that fetches are going to be worth more than $10 after this set has been out for a while. It's going to be opened so damn much, and once it rotates out of standard... well, Modern just isn't THAT popular

kirblar

I find it hard to believe that fetches are going to be worth more than $10 after this set has been out for a while. It's going to be opened so damn much, and once it rotates out of standard... well, Modern just isn't THAT popular
Yup yup yup. Wingmate's the only card I might have missed on my pickups other than a 3rd Sorin- we'll have to see how it does this weekend.

Yeef

Had a janky Simic morph deck going on tonight (splashing black). While I was drafting it, it seemed terrible, but it did really well. My only loss was to an Abzan player who had like 4 or 5 deathtouchers in any given game. Since my deck was just all big morph dudes, it made attacking or blocking profitably just about impossible.

My favorite moment of the night: me and a Mardu player are at a standstill, both with 2 cards left in hand. My two are Weave Fate and Dig Through Time with 6 untapped lands and 5 cards in my graveyard. Cast Weave Fate to draw two and then cast Dig Through Time for UU.

[EDIT] Also, figuring out where things go when designing a curve with morph is odd. I'm starting to think the correct way to do it is to use the morph cost as long as it's greater the 3. (So, Abzan Guide is a 5-drop, but Ruthless Ripper and Icefeather Aven are 1 and 2-drops, respectively)

Cube draft #3. My opponent just cast Show and Tell for Progenitus, then untapped, cast Time Spiral, and cast Show and Tell for Griselbrand.

I won.

The previous turn, I played T5 Elesh Norn, thanks to Awakening Zone. My first Show and Tell was Cloudgoat Ranger. My second was Linvala

Angry Grimace

If Sorin is as oppressive as he was at my store I'm going to put Erebos in my sideboard.

duxstar

God I hope someone creates a better deck .... the ones out there now just suck to play. I dont think i can do the abzan grind thing, the worst part is the decks that are beating me are REACTIVE decks, as in they don't respond unless the other player does something. I hate that it's a viable strategy now.

Thoughtseize
Despise
Drown In Sorrow
Heros Downfall
Utter End
Banishing Light
Bile Blight

into

Elspeth, you know just in case you have something survive that intial onslaught that's somehow has 4 power.

Also what in the holy fuck wizards.....
Clever Impersonator doesn't target and get's around hexproof ? like what the fuck is that, cause blue really needed to get past the part that goes "oh can't be targeted" which is mostly there to STOP THE GOD DAMN BLUE DECK FROM DOING SHIT TO IT.

ironmang

Ended up winning FNM at a local shop going 5-0 with mono black aggro. Turnout was 22 which is pretty decent considering a couple cars drove out to the Open. Deck still feels really rough especially the sideboard but that'll get fixed as some archetypes begin to be established.

Got 10 packs ($5 entry, pack per player for prizes) and got completely dumped on with the only notable card being a foil crackling doom.

I'm not so sure they'll drop too low. A lot of people are going to hoard them thinking they'll quickly spike like the Zen ones after the MMA announcement. Modern might not be popular now but who knows what will happen by rotation. I can see them settling in the 10-12 range until people stop opening so many packs.

Angry Grimace

Went 1-2-1. I probably would have lost the draw but I also lost multiple games because I do not have the full play set of Siege Rhinos. Had my replacement Polukranos up to 11/11 and he gets chumped by some goblin tokens. Sorin was kind of insane too.

Also what in the holy fuck wizards.....
Clever Impersonator doesn't target and get's around hexproof ? like what the fuck is that, cause blue really needed to get past the part that goes "oh can't be targeted" which is mostly there to STOP THE GOD DAMN BLUE DECK FROM DOING SHIT TO IT.
Image.ashx

It's hardly a new thing. This card is from Alpha, but this is the first version with the battlefield wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom