• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Marcio Carvalho - BGw/Junk (not sure)
Ricardo van den Bogaard - RG Breach/Trap
Kevin Grove - Pod
Andrew Devine - Pod
Jose Rodriguez Pozo - Pod
Immanuel Gerschenson - RUG Delver
Steffen van de Veen - Soul Sisters with Ghostly Prison
Til Riffert - Scapeshift

MTGO is an inbred meta

One of the Pod players is from my city so cheering for him

kirblar

Yeah expected that out of the Jund deck, edels beens doing work w it.

It'd be awesome to see only JA get axed in Modern. (Has to be done.)

G.ZZZ

Umm, just the fact that it comes with a Lightning Helix attached which is a 2-mana Modern staple.

More like a healing salve + lava spike which isn't quite the same thing. It's an effect worth 1 mana at most.

Also, Knight of the Reliquary is still a better card in Legacy (can wastelock, get chasm, maze, manlands etc... ), not sure about modern. I like it because it can trample over TNN and a relatively fast clock (usually 4 turn), but it's still a 4 mana creatures in formats where people can get a game T3 or sooner. Busted in standard for sure.

EDIT: i'm also not sure why no one play Cryoclasm in modern. The card hit every relevant deck except for scapeshift and 3 damage is really good. Add burn for mana weenies and you basically stunt the development of most modern decks a lot.

Firemind

Marcio Carvalho - BGw/Junk (not sure)
Ricardo van den Bogaard - RG Breach/Trap
Kevin Grove - Pod
Andrew Devine - Pod
Jose Rodriguez Pozo - Pod
Immanuel Gerschenson - RUG Delver
Steffen van de Veen - Soul Sisters with Ghostly Prison
Til Riffert - Scapeshift

MTGO is an inbred meta

One of the Pod players is from my city so cheering for him
Ha! Three players from my country. Awesome. That guy always plays Soul Sisters in modern events and always smashes everyone's faces with it. It's hilarious how many decks can't deal with mono white life gain.

Firemind

I thought Soul Sisters was control. In most matchups anyway. Whatever. I dub thee mono white life and hometown.

Edit: oh i see he already lost in the quarters. boo

And the Delver deck won the Modern GP. I wasn't watching coverage all the way; were people just refusing to play straight UR Delver, or was UR Delver actually getting suppressed?

The Valakut/Breach/Trap deck looks pretty sweet though.

Firemind

Look at the non-blue sideboards. People were playing Choke and Boil since they expected a lot of delver.

Floch finished outside the t8 by the way. He piloted U/R Delver.

Look at the non-blue sideboards. People were playing Choke and Boil since they expected a lot of delver.

Floch finished outside the t8 by the way. He piloted U/R Delver.

Ugh, you're right.

If people are actually bringing Boil to a tournament, I think that said something about how healthy the metagame is, to be honest.

That RG Breach deck seems really weird. It looks like it doesn't do anything at all until turn 4. And the Valakut plan doesn't look too great without Scapeshift.

Firemind

That RG Breach deck seems really weird. It looks like it doesn't do anything at all until turn 4. And the Valakut plan doesn't look too great without Scapeshift.
I reckon the surprise factor helped in getting free wins. A lot of decks aren't equipped to deal with Emrakul. And he plays Summoning Trap in case Through the Breach gets countered.

Brad Nelson says he's the best Magic player in the world. :lol

What is he even playing?

The same thing he always plays. Infect. He's also basically the only person who plays it in Legacy (and does well).

EDIT: Also, this entire Legacy Top 8 metagame is just glorious. Infect vs Landstill as the opener - kreygasm.

Firemind

This deck finished 14th place apparently.

Artifacts
1 Nihil Spellbomb

Creatures
1 Notion Thief
1 Baleful Strix
2 Snapcaster Mage
4 Young Pyromancer

Instants
4 Brainstorm
1 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Pyroblast

Planeswalkers
2 Dack Fayden

Sorceries
3 Cabal Therapy
1 Forked Bolt
4 Gitaxian Probe
4 Ponder
1 Sudden Demise
4 Treasure Cruise

Lands
4 Flooded Strand
1 Misty Rainforest
4 Polluted Delta
3 Underground Sea
4 Volcanic Island
1 Island

Sideboard:
1 Grafdigger's Cage
1 Null Rod
1 Pithing Needle
1 Tsabo's Web
1 Zuran Orb
1 True-Name Nemesis
1 Dread of Night
1 Electrickery
2 Hydroblast
1 Pyroblast
1 Recoil
1 Smash to Smithereens
1 Surgical Extraction
1 Innocent Blood

What is this I don't even...

I kind of want to try this list out though. The power of Bolas compels me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom