• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

There's always tron!

U/R Blue Moon has decent matchups against jund, abzan, zoo, twin, scapeshift, delver. The only two really bad matchups are affinity and storm. bogles depends on who is playing first i guess. tron is in favour of tron I imagine.

Hmm I briefly considered Blue Moon but the idea never stuck. Will look into it later.

For now, I am just going to roll with UWR Control and see how that works out.

EDIT: I now remember why Blue Moon never stuck. The Blue Moon list plays Clique as a 3-of or 4-of. I only have 1 and don't wish to pony up for more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cloudform is pretty hilarious constructed tech against Control decks. Especially if you manifest a Polukranos or something

Lucario

tumblr_nib2jnG5b71u0roexo1_1280.jpg

Wichu

I impulse bought a Fat Pack because I really like the FRF basic lands, and for a chance to get Ugin and the last fetchland I need. Turns out you don't always get what you want, except when you do :p

more importantly, FOIL LASER DRAGON

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah why can't you be totally original like him and run Abzan aggro? Way to copy a deck.

My decklist:

quote:
3 Elvish Mystic
3 Frost Walker
3 Heir of the Wilds
2 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Savage Knuckleblade
3 Boon Satyr
1 Shaman of the Great Hunt
3 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Stormbreath Dragon

3 Temur Charm
3 Stubborn Denial
1 Icy Blast
4 Crater's Claws
3 Temur Charm

Land

Totally copied, obviously. Frost Walker and Cloudform are infecting the format.

Matriox

Haters gonna hate

Lol.. Throwing blame games in magic has always been pretty funny. On a side note, his username bugs me for whatever reason. Never understood hero worship (or whatever you want to call it here) for magic.

I impulse bought a Fat Pack because I really like the FRF basic lands, and for a chance to get Ugin and the last fetchland I need. Turns out you don't always get what you want, except when you do :p

more importantly, FOIL LASER DRAGON

Pretty good fat pack for sure!

My decklist:

quote:
3 Elvish Mystic
3 Frost Walker
3 Heir of the Wilds
2 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Savage Knuckleblade
3 Boon Satyr
4 Stormbreath Dragon

3 Temur Charm
3 Stubborn Denial
1 Icy Blast
4 Crater's Claws
3 Temur Charm

Land

Duh, totally copied that from a Magic.tcgplayer user created deck bro.

Wichu

My decklist:

quote:
3 Elvish Mystic
3 Frost Walker
3 Heir of the Wilds
2 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Savage Knuckleblade
3 Boon Satyr
4 Stormbreath Dragon

3 Temur Charm
3 Stubborn Denial
1 Icy Blast
4 Crater's Claws
3 Temur Charm

Land

Manifesting Frost Walker with Cloudform sounds pretty good :)

I'm actually thinking about trying some sort of blue weenie aggro deck. Put down Triton Shorestalkers and Hypnotic Sirens to start the beats on turn 2, going through Frost Walker, Cloudform, and Thassa up to Master of Waves for the finisher. Buff the team with Hall of Triumph and use Military Intelligence or Bident of Thassa to keep the creatures coming.

Angry Grimace

I must have played Cloudform a dozen times now and never had I flip a creature. Magic :lol
Hit Stormbreath Dragon in the game before that.

The dream is to respond to a Crux with a flip.

bigkrev

Did a Winston draft with my friends today using one of those 1000 card instant collections of bulk cards you can buy from a website. My all-star was this little card
Image.ashx

Which always made blocking a nightmare just due to threat of activation (I only activated it twice in 3 matches). I love the hell out of Winston draft, but with these random collections it's hard to guarantee playable decks

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150010733]Just beat wrapter at gp san jose main event with his favorite card jeskai ascendancy lol

Fun games, though.[/QUOTE]

Jeskai Ascendancy should be banned in every format and everyone given refunds

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";150033986]Pro tour dream is dead for this weekend :([/QUOTE]
One of my friends (Mark Rankin) just won one of the final full-on PTQs over in MD.

Favorite play of the night:

Turn two two drop
Turn three jeskai ascendancy
Turn Four act of treason your sultai flayer, loot into collateral damage, attack for six, sac flayer gain 4 deal three untap my dude.

One of my friends (Mark Rankin) just won one of the final full-on PTQs over in MD.
Nice!

So I played a prerelease sealed on mtgo and it bugged out and I couldn't sideboard so they comped me my entry. Which includes the $5 entry object thing. I don't have time today to do another sealed, so this thing is pretty much just going to sit worthless in my collection forever, huh?

kirblar

So I played a prerelease sealed on mtgo and it bugged out and I couldn't sideboard so they comped me my entry. Which includes the $5 entry object thing. I don't have time today to do another sealed, so this thing is pretty much just going to sit worthless in my collection forever, huh?
I'd just open up another help ticket and see if they can convert it to 5 tickets.

ElyrionX

Sleeved up UR Tempo Twin today. Think I am going to run with this for a while now. UWR Control is just a tad too durdly, even for a control-oriented player like myself, while UWR Geist is a bit one-dimensional and far too reliant on slamming Geist on turn three to win.

inthrall

Lost in the finals of the PPTQ here, kinda sad about that. Not surprised that I lost, mono-red punishes everything but the best of hands. Still glad I didn't have to face it until the finals though, its such a no fun allowed deck

EDIT: Playing G/W Aggro, splashing for siege rhino with a lot of black cards/lands in the board

Firemind

Goblin Heelcutter is big for red. Before, red was the worst colour, but now it can compete on a somewhat even level. Kind of similar to Theros -> Born of the Gods actually. You can draft an almost mono red deck now like Wescoe did at the GP. Temur Battle Rage is brutal if your opponent is tapped out, especially combined with cards like Trumpet Blast, Threaten and Barrage of Boulders. Valley Dasher is still bad though. :lol

y2dvd

Anybody been drafting KTK/KTK/FRF? Any big differences from straight khans?

More removals. I've been playing less morph creatures by default with having one less KTK pack, so I went back to 17 lands. I think if you still get enough morphs or big creatures, 18 lands is still correct.

Firemind

LSV/Cheon/Froelich vs. Rietzl/Sperling/Williams final kreygasm

Ari Lax and Craig Wescoe taking the L. Couldn't have gone better.

Lax/Fennell/Wescoe. Team "Punchable Faces."

I don't share the hate for these guys that others have, and I think it's kind of silly how much vitriol there is for Lax in particular, but you have to admit - Lax basically defines "punchable face."

Also, Paul is in line to Q for next weeks PT if he wins the GP. Big game for him.

Well, I didn't get on the pro tour this time, but I got to check off all my other list items so it was a good weekend.

1. Talk shop with the artists and get my thoughtseizes signed
2. Play against a top level pro
3. Foreign out my rainbow bogles deck and start getting legacy reanimator pieces
4. Give Marshall Sutcliffe a pack of FRF for the podcast

Now for the two hour train ride home lol.

Can't wait to watch the finals. Nobody actually at the GP gets to watch lol, the players are shoved in a little offside area and there's no feed to the tent...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom