• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tempest Remastered has the Enemy pain lands at uncommon if you are willing to cheat with an online-only set!

If it comes up on Gatherer it's fair game to me. So I have cards like Pianna, Nomad Captain, Prophetic Bolt, Soltari Champion, etc. Sadly none of the sets have put "the" pain lands at uncommon yet.

red13th

wait I just saw there's a second Judge Promo Vindicate with bad Sorin flavour text.
the original Judge Promo had the best flavour text. "Some convictions are so strong that the world must break to accommodate them."
The newer one is "I have seen entire civilizations rise and fall. You mortals are but dust to me." - Sorin Markov

31.jpg
78.jpg

ugh.

Firemind

The king of cheesy-yet-still-badass flavour text still belongs to Multani.

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."

—Multani, to Urza

Runner-up is Arcanis, the Omnipotent.

"He has journeyed where none have been before. Now he returns to ensure that none follow."

Shit he's so omnipotent he even has a second flavour text.

"Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager."

Are you coming to Utrecht?
We should hang out sometime there. This GP will totes be better than the GP with blackjack and hookers.

Can we talk about how brad nelson is the god of standard? I was telling my buddy on friday that abzan aggro was the best deck in the format, and here it is.
So no Esper Dragons in the top 8 of GP Toronto?
Definition of flash in a pan. Deck has no staying power. I played the real esper control, and that deck had AEtherling and Sphinx's Revelation. This isn't esper control.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162578911]Can we talk about how brad nelson is the god of standard? I was telling my buddy on friday that abzan aggro was the best deck in the format, and here it is.

Definition of flash in a pan. Deck has no staying power. I played the real esper control, and that deck had AEtherling and Sphinx's Revelation. This isn't esper control.[/QUOTE]
Magic Pro Tour ‏@magicprotour 6m6 minutes ago

(Frank) Congratulations to Paulo Vitor Damo Da Rosa, @PVDDR, the winner of #GPSaoPaulo with Esper Dragons!

Wichu

I built a grindy Sultai 'value' deck with a few cards I've been wanting to try out.

I played some games against control decks today and won 4/5 of them. My decks are normally bad to neutral against control, so having a great matchup feels amazing!

It's fun to watch my opponent do normal controlly things for a while, then suddenly realise that it's not working. I had games where the control player was struggling to deal with my board while I was sitting back with a full grip of cards.
"You must be running out of gas by now, surely!" looks at hand of Courser, Sidisi, Whisperwood, and Torrent Elemental "Nah, I think I'm fine."

On the other hand, I lost to the combo of Flamewake Phoenix and Purphoros against a Temur midrange deck. No amount of blockers could save me there :(

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162601234]I want to believe that Sultai can win the open, but Abzan Aggro is a terrible matchup :([/QUOTE]
Self-Inflicted Wound annihilates Abzan, though.

I think I'm going to swing back to a Sultai deck, as a break from Abzan. Don't think I'll make it Sidisi Whip tho, I may do something else.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Are you coming to Utrecht?

It does not look likely. They just had to schedule it during another trip I had planned. I emailed MaRo and asked him to reschedule it, but he just went on a 5 paragraph tangent about white's place in the color pie.

My girlfriend just hit me with 30 commander damage on turn 4 :(

birds of paradise
Ponder into mystical tutor, revealing temporal mastery
More ramp and rafiq
Sovereigns of lost alara into eldrazi conscription :(

My hand was meekstone vindicate lol, hoped i would get to untap <_<

Turn one vamp tutor into scullclamp + herald of anafenza just doesn't cut it.

Recall

Having not played MTG in about 4 years I'm selling off whatever worthwhile stuff I've got and noticed I have 3 Tarmogoyfs. I'm terrified to sell them via eBay as it's known place where people love to scam people and say they never recieved any sent item etc.

Is eBay the only place for collectible card games to be sold or are there any other options? I'm in the UK so not sure what options I have.

All these cards are sat here doing nothing so now feels like a good time to shift them. Cheers

Recall

How much you selling the whole lot for?

I'm going to have to go through it all and go against current price lists but it's pretty much full sets of Ravnica block, Timespiral block and 9th Edition, no idea where to event start on a price.

I used to be more about collecting sets rather than actually playing.

ElyrionX

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162618592]My girlfriend just hit me with 30 commander damage on turn 4 :(

birds of paradise
Ponder into mystical tutor, revealing temporal mastery
More ramp and rafiq
Sovereigns of lost alara into eldrazi conscription :(

My hand was meekstone vindicate lol, hoped i would get to untap <_<

Turn one vamp tutor into scullclamp + herald of anafenza just doesn't cut it.[/QUOTE]

Playgroup is the most important factor in determining one's enjoyment of EDH. Clearly, you only have one option here.

Time to look for a new gf.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Well, let me know if you ever settle on a price. As for where else to potentially move them, I dont really know about selling on eBay. I moved a couple of cars and those were so painful, I've barely done shit on there since. Firemind and f0rk can tell you about a great UK site for selling too. I forgot the name and I'm on mobile.

Recall

Well, let me know if you ever settle on a price. As for where else to potentially move them, I dont really know about selling on eBay. I moved a couple of cars and those were so painful, I've barely done shit on there since. Firemind and f0rk can tell you about a great UK site for selling too. I forgot the name and I'm on mobile.

If you want photos and such and if you wanna discuss it down the line then that would be cool.

Joe Molotov

Come in 4th yesterday at the Open Trial. I lost to an Abzan Whip in the semifinals, and the guy I lost to was offered a split and the Open invite because the other guy didn't want it. So close... :(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Abzan Whip is my one true terrible matchup (GR Midrange). Even if I start to get going (which is inevitably stalled by murderous cuts/hero's downfall/whatever), by the time I'm in range for the killing blow, a whip or Soul of Theros comes down, and they gain a bunch of life and I cannot win. Boo to that deck.

A nightmare scenario occurred, I played a rabblemaster turn 3, they played a whip on their turn, I did something on my turn 4, then they played an Arbour Colossus and he purposely left my Rabblemaster alive. The token was forced to attack and he gained 6 for the next few turns. RIP me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom