• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I'm not a fan of Comet Storm. It's an unfun "Oops, I won" card in Limited, and has no constructed value.

0249_MTGMM2_EN_HRR.png

Guess the Filterlands and Future Sight lands will continue to go up in price

bigkrev

So that's the land cycle? No rare lands?

We knew that there would be a cycle at lower rarity for limited purpose (Like the Vivid lands in MM1), but with 15 lands in the set I was hoping that there would be a 5 card Rare cycle with the 5 card Common/Uncommon cycle. We now just have 1 land in the set unspoiled, and it's probably Evolving Wilds

I had a dream that Tendo Ice Bridge was going to get reprinted at Uncommon; not only is that clearly not happening with 10 uncommon lands spoiled now, but it doesn't even fit the naming crunch. :(

red13th

I had a dream that Tendo Ice Bridge was going to get reprinted at Uncommon; not only is that clearly not happening with 10 uncommon lands spoiled now, but it doesn't even fit the naming crunch. :(

it's a worse legendary Vivid land, could definitely be uncommon.
I really wanted modern frame non-foil Gemstone Mine :(

OnPoint

I'm not a fan of Comet Storm. It's an unfun "Oops, I won" card in Limited, and has no constructed value.

[IG]http://lrcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/0249_MTGMM2_EN_HRR.png[/IMG]

Guess the Filterlands and Future Sight lands will continue to go up in price

Figure maybe the Filterlands end up in Origins?

Yeef

I think that's very unlikely, at least having 2 reprints like that back to back.
With core sets going away I think we'll more reprints in expansion sets over all, even high-profile ones.

That said, the manlands have generic enough names that they can be reprinted in just about any set. There's also the chance that we see them in Origins.

MjFrancis

I hope we find these cards in MM2:

Vengevine @ Rare

Electrolyze
Lightning Helix
Path to Exile
Spell Snare

Distortion Strike
Spell Pierce
Vines of Vastwood

Vengevine is the only one where I feel I'm reaching. It would be nice, though, it's rather expensive for a card that's only used in a barely Tier 2 Modern deck.

kirblar

Vengevine getting moved to Rare probably isn't out of the question. That was one card that deservedly got a ton of shit for being mythic.

red13th

I wanted Call of the Herd as uncommon (or even rare idc) but Flashback will probably be left for MM17 and by then I probably won't need it.
But since Gemstone Mine is out, I need Avalanche Riders and Bribery.

I wanted Call of the Herd as uncommon (or even rare idc) but Flashback will probably be left for MM17 and by then I probably won't need it.
But since Gemstone Mine is out, I need Avalanche Riders and Bribery.

I would love Call of the Herd at uncommon. Green needs more 2-for-1s in my cube.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wilt-Leaf Liege was in desperate need of a reprinting. All in all I'm pretty happy with the lack of chaff in this set so far.
Except Comet Storm. Why?

Every Mythic is at least $15. Except Comet Storm, that's $1.

I don't get why they *have* to have a red Mythic. Just print Batterskull. Red players coulda played it.

Matriox

I was hoping for Thundermaw Hellkite as the red Mythic

It didn't really need a reprint, I just like it lol.

Edit: Probably too new?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There was at least an unsleeved beta Volcanic Island being played with.

OnPoint

I was hoping for Thundermaw Hellkite as the red Mythic

It didn't really need a reprint, I just like it lol.

Edit: Probably too new?

God that would have been a good one. Too bad you're probably right about it being too new.

Why are red mythics so hard to make? Every other color gets pushed. Why not red? Fuck Goblin Guide. Fuck Zurgo. Let's get something like this:

Child of Lightning (R)

Creature - Elemental

Haste
Sacrifice Child of Lightning when
you control three or more lands. If
sacrificed this way, Child of
Lightning deals 3 damage to you.

Sometimes lightning does strike twice.
3/3​

Or how about a red mythic spell? Something splashy and dangerous. Something a red mage wouldn't be embarrassed by.

Betrayal of the Masses (R)(R)(R)

Instant

Split Second
Gain control of all non-land permanents
an opponent controls until the next end
step.
At the beginning of your next upkeep you
lose the game.

Loyalty is as malleable as any metal.

I hate how shit on red is by development. Green had it kind of bad for a while too, but that's really changed in recent times. Red's got it the worst now.

Jhriad

I hate how shit on red is by development. Green had it kind of bad for a while too, but that's really changed in recent times. Red's got it the worst now.

Isn't this a symptom of the current ethos of pushing creatures and dialing back spells compared to their relative power levels in the earlier eras of Magic? Green sees a marked improvement because creatures are a greater focus and the spells, removal in particular, in other colors aren't as dominant as they once were. Red on the other hand can't overly push it's primary archetype, Burn, because it doesn't allow boards to develop and isn't a very interactive/fun style to play against.

OnPoint

Isn't this a symptom of the current ethos of pushing creatures and dialing back spells compared to their relative power levels in the earlier eras of Magic? Green sees a marked improvement because creatures are a greater focus and the spells, removal in particular, in other colors aren't as dominant as they once were. Red on the other hand can't overly push it's primary archetype, Burn, because it doesn't allow boards to develop and isn't a very interactive/fun style to play against.

I'd agree with you, except blue got Delver, so they're not afraid to put efficient creatures in colors that aren't supposed to have them. Even still, Red isn't just Burn, it's aggro as well. They have a lot of space to work with there.

OnPoint

Yeah they say that about blue stuff all the time, but then blue is the color that gets the push almost always. Yeah yeah, I know, another volume in the "Blue is the favorite" bitch sessions, but the evidence doesn't lie. I'd like to see some "mistakes" in other colors some time.

Yeah they say that about blue stuff all the time, but then blue is the color that gets the push almost always. Yeah yeah, I know, another volume in the "Blue is the favorite" bitch sessions, but the evidence doesn't lie. I'd like to see some "mistakes" in other colors some time.

In semi-recent years? Deathrite Shaman and Stoneforge Mystic come to mind.

EDIT: So apparently Good Gamery was given Quag Sickness as their MM15 preview card; hence why they've been mocking the preview process all week. :lol

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Since I've been back we've had:
Deathrite Shaman
Stoneforge Mystic
Primeval Titan?

Blue
Treasure Cruise
Dig Through Time
Delver
True-Name Nemesis
Mental Misstep

EDIT: Goddamnit zorro

Status