• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-1'd my first modern tournament in four years after not following the format at all, using an outdated deck(my brewed-up Mythic Conscription) ^_^

Played Pod, Affinity, Mono-black control and some Steam Vents variants. Seemed like I didn't have a really bad match against anything, and I only lost against pod 1-2 because of lack of familiarity with the format. I didn't know what creatures you tutor with pod, so I took out good cards and left in Geists and got blown out. Something to remember.

All in all, it confirmed to me that Conscription is still a competitive deck that just needed a little streamlining.

EN_iaq48ig5il.png

This, on the other hand, seems really sweet

Yeah that is a sick ass common.

Also you can split the (2) and haste out two different creatures if you so wish, which is real cool.

Generator Servant is really neat. Glad to see that their exploring red's mana abilities more. I didn't even consider that it could be used to give two creatures haste until Cosmo mentioned it. It's hard to believe that's a common.

Sliver Hivelord's ability might be plain, but it really should not be underestimated. The big weakness of slivers was always getting a helpful one destroyed at a bad time, and this largely gets rid of that problem.

rCIZZLE

I'm not really a fan of the servant. It's nice red is getting more than lava spikes but permanent mana sources are more my speed.

Crocodile

It feels weird that the Sliver Hivelord isn't a 7/7 like all the other 5 color lord from an anesthetics standpoint. I'm guessing they thought a 7/7 indestructible was too good?

Yeef

It feels weird that the Sliver Hivelord isn't a 7/7 like all the other 5 color lord from an anesthetics standpoint. I'm guessing they thought a 7/7 indestructible was too good?
Article says that at 7/7 they found too many non-sliver decks were running it as a finisher.

f0rk

Heck, even in something like Modern Slivers, that card is terrifying. *shudder*
Is it? If they have anything when it gets played what were you doing for the first 4 turns? Silvers have no interaction and just die one at a time while you execute your own plan with no worries

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's a fun casual card. Unless some stupid crazy shit happens with Khans, this is firmly in the T.Woo tier of cards.

ultron87

It's been spoiled for awhile but I'm quite glad to see this card get out of Planechase and into a set.

Brayvh4CcAEVz-r.jpg

Great art that should look awesome in foil. And maybe could fit in some kind of blue aggro flyers deck.

Firemind

Unfortunately, Blue Skies hasn't been a deck since Mercadian Masques. Well, technically Lorwyn, but Faeries is tribal based. Would be fun to revisit tribal with Khans. As long as there are no goblins on that plane. God, goblins are a joke. Pls stahp.

Firemind

Blue Devotion is more like a merfolk deck with Thassa as their lord and saviour. I don't like merfolk and seamen.

I remember the time Rishadan Airship, Drake Hatchling and Ribbon Snake were constructed playable. Mahamoti Djinn won nationals not long after that. Good times.

OnPoint

It's been spoiled for awhile but I'm quite glad to see this card get out of Planechase and into a set.

Brayvh4CcAEVz-r.jpg

Great art that should look awesome in foil. And maybe could fit in some kind of blue aggro flyers deck.

I always thought this card would break out in Legacy. What gives?

OnPoint

It would go in a different deck than Delver I would think, but TNN did come after... that explains that I guess.

stainthemind.jpg

Also, you know what card is really awesome with Generator Servant? Master of Cruelties.
Image.ashx

I'm going to put it straight into my MoC deck once M15 comes out.

Lucario

not sure how long this has been up, but....

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/limited/analysis/draft/vma_vma_vma
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/limited/cards/draft/vma_vma_vma

Statistics for triple VMA. Seems like a pretty broken format, with white and red being the best colors by a landslide. Also, looks like it's usually correct to go second, which is very strange in a format so dominated by Battle Screech.

I think the lesson to learn here is that powerful token generators shouldn't be commons :p Beetleback Chief and Battle Screech are by far the best commons in the set.

ultron87

Stain the Mind is bad ass. That shit is most definitely going to be played in standard.

I might try it out of the sideboard for this stupid BG Constellation deck I'm still trying to get working. I often have Brain Maggots sitting around that can't attack that I can tap for this instead and it works well with just having looked at their hand.

WanderingWind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119089952]It's a worse Slaughter Games with the benefit of not having to play red, which is pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

It's a way better Slaughter Games, that as you say, is one color and extremely splashable. And yeah, it's Maggot's BFF.

Lucario

QYMgW7J.png

I think it's that time of day when people in 8-4 queues will just let you do whatever you want.

would've had a second battle screech, but there was a U. Sea in the pack~

(this is my designated bragpost for the week :V)

WanderingWind

The decks you really wanted Slaughter Games for were decks where the Uncounterable text was live

I'll worry about my spells being countered when they make good counter spells again. Until then, when control is more about O-rings and board wipes, I ain't scared of the random 2 of Negate or Dissolve. Especially if it's being used on a spell and not a finisher.

bigkrev

QYMgW7J.png

I think it's that time of day when people in 8-4 queues will just let you do whatever you want.

would've had a second battle screech, but there was a U. Sea in the pack~

(this is my designated bragpost for the week :V)

Is that Double Pianna?
Is MTGO just an ATM at this point for you?

I'll worry about my spells being countered when they make good counter spells again. Until then, when control is more about O-rings and board wipes, I ain't scared of the random 2 of Negate or Dissolve. Especially if it's being used on a spell and not a finisher.

I'll probably run one in the sideboard of my Esper control deck.

Lucario

Is that Double Pianna?
Is MTGO just an ATM at this point for you?

Yes, one was a first pick and the other passed to me. They're doin' pretty well so far.

....and naw, but I wish! Drafts are definitely still not profitable for me, and I don't play constructed online anymore. Takes waaaay too much time, I'm not willing to schedule around daily events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom