• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

After reading that article of yours, Kirblar, I've been mulling over what to do with my Liliana's. Only got 2 currently, but I'm feeling it is best to trade for other value that won't dip (probably Force of Wills, I guess).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Not much else that would make sense, and if not now it'll distract from Khans spoiler/premiere season.

Not sure why Maro would announce MM2, I would think that would be someone else in R&D. I think Maro only does design on new sets.

kirblar

After reading that article of yours, Kirblar, I've been mulling over what to do with my Liliana's. Only got 2 currently, but I'm feeling it is best to trade for other value that won't dip (probably Force of Wills, I guess).
You've got time, she's 3 releases out if she's in MM2, 4 if M16.

Oh no

Its going to be about that Magic movie isn't it

Oh yeah, I did completely forget about that. It actually does seem a lot more likely than my previous suggestions of evergreen mechanic changes or the Unglued 3 announcement. There was a poster for it at Comic Con, depicting Veil-Cursed Garruk, so it will probably be about that storyline.

I want the following cards in MM2:

• Bloodbraid Elf
  • Jace, the Mind Sculptor
  • Preordain
  • Dark Depths
  • Dread Returm
  • Sensei's Divining Top
  • Brainstorm
  • Psychatog

bigkrev

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126302444]I want the following cards in MM2:

• Bloodbraid Elf
  • Preordain
  • Dark Depths
  • Dread Returm
  • Sensei's Divining Top
  • Brainstorm
  • Psychatog
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Having trouble guessing what card on that list is the least likely to be reprinted. Sensei's Top?
I think Bloodbraid Elf could be unbanned

kirblar

• Bloodbraid Elf
  • Preordain
  • Dark Depths
  • Dread Returm
  • Sensei's Divining Top
  • Brainstorm
  • Psychatog
[/QUOTE]
I would have no issue with BBE/Psychatog in Modern. ( I don't think the latter is even good.)

OnPoint

• Bloodbraid Elf
  • Preordain
  • Dark Depths
  • Dread Returm
  • Sensei's Divining Top
  • Brainstorm
  • Psychatog
[/QUOTE]

lol

Would definitely shake up the format.

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126303569]You mean, like MM2?[/QUOTE]

MM is for reprinting cards. I'd be surprised if they introduced anything new (or banned for that matter) into the Modern pool.

I thought you were joking before.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126303569]It's not like every deck in modern already has like 4 graveyard-hate cards in their sideboard already or anything.

You mean, like MM2?[/QUOTE]

Keep holding out hope for non-reprints in MM2, I guess.

kirblar

But why Golgari Grave-Troll as well? Is it like a double insurance?

(I don't think Dredge is fun, but it's no Hypergenesis. Dredge can actually be hated.)
GGT is probably unbannable, but its not a card that encourages decks they want to encourage.

Dread Return is a "no good can come from this" ban.

Firemind

Isn't that why they printed Grafdigger's Cage?

B/G graveyard shenanigans is probably my least favourite archetype, but there isn't a whole lot of graveyard interaction in modern right now that doesn't involve snapcasters, lingering souls and living end.

New story. Post-hedron Garruk and Jace fight, Garruk finds that he is now resistant to Jace's illusions and beats him up, Garruk convinces Jace that that he won't kill anyone else as long as they leave him alone, and Jace leaves. But then a nub confronts Garruk. He changes his mind and starts to leave, but Garruk kills him anyway.

OnPoint

New story. Post-hedron Garruk and Jace fight, Garruk finds that he is now resistant to Jace's illusions and beats him up, Garruk convinces Jace that that he won't kill anyone else as long as they leave him alone, and Jace leaves. But then a nub confronts Garruk. He changes his mind and starts to leave, but Garruk kills him anyway.

That sucks. I would have loved to have known who "Icy" was.

Gatherer has page links on the bottom of the page now!
It's dumb that it was apparently so complicated that they couldn't have them from the start.

Ugh, follow-up post. Sorry, is MTGO kinda finicky after "maintenance"? I'm not able to log in, but then it says my connection has failed (after the prizes/rewards prompts).

I am assuming (hoping) that maybe they just have lots of people trying to get on and so it's tough?

Firemind

Twitter says maintenance has ended an hour ago. Not sure what to tell you, mate. V4 has been randomly crashing for me, so I'm afraid they haven't worked the kinks out yet (they may never).

Twitter says maintenance has ended an hour ago. Not sure what to tell you, mate. V4 has been randomly crashing for me, so I'm afraid they haven't worked the kinks out yet (they may never).

All good, thanks. Will just wait and see :)

EDIT: Classic. Restarted my machine and it logs in instantly. Good to know, lol.

rexor0717

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126318986]I bet you're one of those dudes that likes the old vindicate with the sword dude and the explosion better than the one with Sorin.[/QUOTE]
Just saw the Sorin one, I kinda want it.

Wichu

I appreciate them trying to show Garruk's new personality, but these stories are really starting to cheapen planeswalkers for me. I thought they were a one-in-a-billion kind of thing, but Garruk's just killed two in the space of just over a week.

Vyroxis

Banned
So as a guy who hasn't played since Urzas Saga, how much of a shock am I in for if I pick up some new cards and give it a whirl again?

kirblar

So as a guy who hasn't played since Urzas Saga, how much of a shock am I in for if I pick up some new cards and give it a whirl again?
M14? Not much of one, just some terminology/rules differences.

Damage "on the stack" is dead, its back to a similar way to which it originally worked. Mana burn is also dead.

Khans (the next fall set) looks to be a great jumping-in point.

OnPoint

I appreciate them trying to show Garruk's new personality, but these stories are really starting to cheapen planeswalkers for me. I thought they were a one-in-a-billion kind of thing, but Garruk's just killed two in the space of just over a week.

I'd imagine there's infinite realities?

So that means infinite planeswalkers.

There are bound to be some scrubs.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh yeah, I did completely forget about that. It actually does seem a lot more likely than my previous suggestions of evergreen mechanic changes or the Unglued 3 announcement. There was a poster for it at Comic Con, depicting Veil-Cursed Garruk, so it will probably be about that storyline.
Huh...I'd actually be okay with that. More okay than some have Hollywood original story anyway

...they should get Lord and Miller to write/direct it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom