• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126445775]Urza's Collar
U
Counter target spell with converted mana cost 7.
"This is the end of your Saga." -Luis Scott-Vargas[/QUOTE]
I sort of love this, actually.

Grakl

Counter
U
Put an infect counter on yourself: Counter target spell with converted mana cost equal to the number of infect counters on you. Storm.

U: Counter target spell cast by God's Beard

imagegfsh5.jpg

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126445775]Urza's Collar
U
Counter target spell with converted mana cost 7.
"This is the end of your Saga." -Luis Scott-Vargas[/QUOTE]

Dat Garruk/Karn hate.

I love design time ITT.

1U
Instant
Reveal the top card of your library. Counter target spell unless it's controller pays X where X is the number of colored mana symbols in the mana cost of the card revealed this way. If that spell isn't countered, draw a card.

Firemind

In a format with mediocre mana fixing (which Standard will always be), Remand and Miscalculation will always be significantly more impactful cards, because they can be played in far more decks. Double blue is way more restrictive than you think it is.

I played Lightning Angel, Absorb and Counterspell in a format with only allied tapped duals and painlands. Coming standard is going to be much better, but if people don't object Counterspell being in standard, I'm okay with it. :D

I evaluate Remand like I do with Counterspell; not in a vacuum. Remand is rarely played in legacy tempo decks, since force of will and daze exist. In modern, delver exists but is not the powerhouse it once was. I played Remand last time it was legal in standard and decks like zoo and gruul aggro didn't mind Remand as much as Lightning Helix. It's only a real problem if good early drops exist that can punish players by time walking them.

ultron87

Counterculture 1UUU

Choose a color. Counter all spells of the chosen color.

You may pay 1 life and exile a card with the chosen color from your hand instead of paying Counterculture's mana cost.

Wait, what are we doing?

kirblar

2 custom cards going into my "5 color gold-a-palooza" cube:

Primordial Rapture - 3RWB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures. Then, return all Dragon, Angel, and Demon creature cards from all graveyards to play.

Dystopic Tutor - 2B
Sorcery
Search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Choose an opponent. That opponent names a card. You reveal your hand and discard all copies of the named card.
Flashback 4U

1U
Instant
As an additional cost to play this, return a land you control to it's owner's hand.
Counter target spell unless it's controller pays X, where X is the number of different colors of mana the returned land could produce.

Sorcery
Destroy all creatures. Then, return all Dragon, Angel, and Demon creature cards from all graveyards to play.

Dystopic Tutor - 2B
Sorcery
Search your library for a card, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. Choose an opponent. That opponent names a card. You reveal your hand and discard all copies of the named card.
Flashback 4U

Very cute. Especially the tutor. Really neat design there.

bigkrev

Goblin Guide is a $20+ card.

WTF.

It got bought out last night. It seemed like a natural fit for Duel Deck: Speed vs Cunning, but probably tabbed for MM2.

After thinking, Deprive is probably the correct choice for a powerful but fair CMC 2 counterspell.

This rotation manabase is really starting to annoy me. With 11 tapped lands, forget Elvish Mystic, sometimes I can't even cast Sylvan Caryatid on turn 2.

Current base:
  • 8 painlands
  • 7 Temples
  • 4 BUG taplands
  • 4 Forests
  • 1 Urborg

I really hope that there's checklands or filters or something because this is absurd. Hopefully I can go back up to 8 temples and cut the taplands for some sort of untapped dual after Khans comes out. Because at this rate I'm going to start cutting mana sources and just have to live with an 80-85% cast rate on my blue and black cards instead of 90%+ in order to have enough untapped lands to curve out. Between the mana and not having good 2CMC removal, I'm already super dead to aggro. Mono-red and mono-blue aren't even that weaknened by rotation, and mono-green is just fucked up hand dumps I can't fight.

Hell, I'm already weak to mono-black aggro with herald and the master chipping my planeswalkers.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126449255]This rotation manabase is really starting to annoy me. With 11 tapped lands, forget Elvish Mystic, sometimes I can't even cast Sylvan Caryatid on turn 2.

Current base:
  • 8 painlands
  • 7 Temples
  • 4 BUG taplands
  • 4 Forests
  • 1 Urborg

I really hope that there's checklands or filters or something because this is absurd. Hopefully I can go back up to 8 temples and cut the taplands for some sort of untapped dual after Khans comes out. Because at this rate I'm going to start cutting mana sources and just have to live with an 80-85% cast rate on my blue and black cards instead of 90%+ in order to have enough untapped lands to curve out. Between the mana and not having good 2CMC removal, I'm already super dead to aggro. Mono-red and mono-blue aren't even that weaknened by rotation, and mono-green is just fucked up hand dumps I can't fight.

Hell, I'm already weak to mono-black aggro with herald and the master chipping my planeswalkers.[/QUOTE]
11 tapped lands? You mean 16, right? :p

This is why whatever lands come in with KTK, they'll be untapped. (ONS fetches.)

Firemind

I'm still miffed they printed Suffocating Blast which was part of a cycle consisting of Absorb, Undermine and Mystic Snake. Double Negative and Counterflux are meh.

More like:

UUR
Counter target spell. Draw two cards, then discard two cards. If a land is discarded this way, you may deal three damage to target player.

UUR
Counter target spell. If a creature was countered this way, put a copy into play. It has haste and: "sacrifice this creature at the beginning of your end step."

UUR
Counter target spell. Choose one - tap all creatures target opponent controls. Creatures tapped this way don't untap in the next untap step or; untap all creatures you control. They gain: "discard a card, draw a card."

Lucario

Sorcery

Dystopic Tutor - 2B
Sorcery
Flashback 4U

Both of these are great. I think I'll throw both in my commander cube.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";126452504]4 tri-lands + 7 temples = 11 tapped lands?[/QUOTE]
Oh, you meant 11 tapped lands in the deck, not "available in standard at this time". (10 Temples + 1 5c fetch + 5 Tri-Lands.)

From my testing, this is the best aggro deck I could come up with for Block+M15:

Orzhov Aggro

Creatures(26):
4 Tormented Hero
4 Gnarled Scarhide
2 Brain Maggot
4 Underworld Coinsmith
4 Herald of Torment
4 Mogis' Marauder
3 Brimaz, King of Oreskos

Spells(12):
3 Thoughtseize
4 Boon of Erebos
3 Banishing Light
2 Bile Blight

Land(23):
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Mana Confluence
2 Temple of Silence
2 Plains
2 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
9 Swamps

Sideboard(15):
2x Erebos, God of the Dead
3x Last Breath
2x Phyrexian Revoker
4x Master of the Feast
4x Nyx-Fleece Ram

Deck does not contain Rabblemaster: invalidated.

Post up a block+M15 Rabble-red list. Seriously, try to make it. Red is actually weaker than I thought after going through it again. It's basically Firedrinker Satyr and Rabblemaster with a bunch of filler creatures and some premium burn.

Eidolon of the Great Revel is pretty bad when all the two-drops are rotating out.

Maybe a Boros version with Iroas? Obviously ends up more midrange than the current hyper aggressive Rabble list.

I guess? Chained to the Rocks and Banishing Light both add to devotion which is nice, but you lose the rush which is the whole reason you beat the midrange decks. Iroas isn't going to compete with the advantage other decks are going to get off of their turn 3-4 planeswalkers.

Honestly, Blue is probably a better aggro deck right now than red. Thassa and Master are still insane and there are good filler devotion creatures like Mindreaver hanging out. Plus blowout cards like Entreat the Angels Hour of Need or bestow your polukranos with Crystalline Nautillus, target with Thassa nuttiness.

Blue and Black both have ways to push through damage efficiently that red has to spend several cards on burn for right now. Green is pretty busted too, with no good sweepers to check them.

Firemind

Izzet rabble or izzet shrapnel
4 foundry street denizen
3 firedrinker satyr
4 phyrexian revoker
4 chief engineer
2 illusory angel
4 goblin rabblemaster
3 scuttling doom engine
4 ornithopter
4 ensoul artifact
4 shrapnel blast
3 springleaf drum

5 mountain
2 island
4 shivan reef
4 temple of epiphany
2 mana confluence
4 darksteel citadel

Izzet rabble or izzet shrapnel
4 foundry street denizen
3 firedrinker satyr
4 phyrexian revoker
4 chief engineer
2 illusory angel
4 goblin rabblemaster
3 scuttling doom engine
4 ornithopter
4 ensoul artifact
4 shrapnel blast
3 springleaf drum

5 mountain
2 island
4 shivan reef
4 temple of epiphany
2 mana confluence
4 darksteel citadel

I've been pretty interested in a deck like this, do you think Goblin Kaboomist fits in with this deck?

I think it would be neat if white got its own version of Remand without the card draw, since it's within white's color pie now.

Judge's Remand - 1W
Instant
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it into its owner's hand instead of into that player's graveyard.

I get the feeling that even this would see play.

kirblar

I think it would be neat if white got its own version of Remand without the card draw, since it's within white's color pie now.

Judge's Remand - 1W
Instant
Counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, put it into its owner's hand instead of into that player's graveyard.

I get the feeling that even this would see play.
They tried C-spells like that in white, and it just turned them into playing like blue tempo decks.

They tried C-spells like that in white, and it just turned them into playing like blue tempo decks.

Oh, did they say something about this? Last I heard, it was still within white's color pie, and most recently can be seen on Judge's Familiar and Frontline Medic.

t1 ornithopter, land, springleaf drum
t2 land, chief engineer, evoke phyrexian revoker, name sylvan caryatid
t3 land, evoke scuttling doom engine
t4 ensoul ornithopter, attack, double shrapnel blast; 27 damage fuck you courser of kruphix lol

Kaboomist is more of a limited card I'm afraid. Aggressive mining might work though! Chief engineers for the win!
need a few cheap and useful artifacts to truly take off.

Live the dream good buddy.

What sleeves do you guys use?

I've tried Ultra Pro and loved them. I've tried Dragon Shield and hated them.

But I just got the Ultra Pro PRO MATTEs and I'm never looking back. I'm doubling them up with the KMCs and they're just the best feeling sleeves I've ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom