• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ensoul Artifact 1U
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Artifact
Enchanted artifact is a creature with base power and toughness of 5/5 in addition to its other types

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119329931]Hype? It's an untapped dual for the best deck in standard. Whose main weakness is tapped duals.[/QUOTE]

The market will flood. 11 bucks for a pain land is ludicrous. People are buying in on the old versions now.

Ensoul Artifact 1U
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Artifact
Enchanted artifact is a creature with base power and toughness of 5/5 in addition to its other types
ensoulartifact.jpg

It's a giant pair of scissors. Amazing.

Also, "base power"? That's some new wording. I imagine it's to make it clear that other auras and +1/+1 counters will add onto the 5/5 instead of being overridden by it.

rCIZZLE

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119328920]wtf, Llanowar Wastes is already 11 bucks? Did I just get a free paycheck or something?[/QUOTE]

I'd dump them asap and just buy M15 ones if you need them.

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119330219]They're not going back down to 1.50.[/QUOTE]

Probably not, no, now they're relevant in the most popular format and the newbies have a reason to buy out the old stock. But I don't think they're sustainable at 11 bucks a pop either.

Ensoul Artifact + Darksteel Citadel = turn three 5/5 indestructible creature attacking
EA + Ornithopter = turn two 5/5 flying creature attacking

Or EA + King Macar's gold tokens + populate = ... not a creature, but still, you get another gold token

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ensoul Artifact + Darksteel Citadel = turn three 5/5 indestructible creature attacking

Or EA + King Macar's gold tokens + populate = ... not a creature, but still, you get another gold token

I'm going to make King Macar happen at some point.

Believe.

There's gotta be some kind of interaction going on with this base somehow.

4 Ensoul Artifact
4 Springleaf Drum
4 Pain Seer
2 Gild
4 Chord of Calling
4 Nissa Worldwaker
2 Kiora, the Crashing Wave
1 Hydra Broodmaster
1 Garruk, Apex Predator
1 Daring Thief
1 King Macar
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Sylvan Caryatid

4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Breeding Pool
4 Llanowar Wastes
4 Yavimaya Coast
1 Urborg
3 Forest

Ensoul Artifact on a Darksteel Citadel is going to happen a ton in m15 limited. That's going to be really amusing to lose to.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Turn 2 if you play the Citadel first

Prismatic Runeguard 3WW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has protection from all colors. This effect does not remove auras.
Rare

It will prevent more auras from being put on it, but it won't remove existing auras. So...gross?

ultron87

Ugh at that Aura. Clunky design with the exception text (so it doesn't kill itself) and it'll suck to lose to in limited.

OnPoint

ensoulartifact.jpg

It's a giant pair of scissors. Amazing.

Also, "base power"? That's some new wording. I imagine it's to make it clear that other auras and +1/+1 counters will add onto the 5/5 instead of being overridden by it.

Modern:

Turn 1: Mox Opal, Island, Ornithopter, Memnite, Ensoul Artifact - Make a 5/5

Not outside of the realm of possibility. Yikes.

bigkrev

Modern:

Turn 1: Mox Opal, Island, Ornithopter, Memnite, Ensoul Artifact - Make a 5/5

Not outside of the realm of possibility. Yikes.

If that is the best they are doing, then that is perfectly fine. Would be the worse 2 drop in the deck

Yeef

A 5/5 Ornithopter swinging at you through the air on turn 2 is bad?
The odds of it not being bolted, spell snared, mana leak'd, thoughtseized, dismembered or otherwise dealt with should be pretty low on the draw. After boarding there are all sorts of things that will shut it down, even on the play.

Cranial plating is going to do a lot more work in that deck than ensoul will.

Okay, so I'm looking at a possible Naya Superfriends brew when M15 comes out and I realized that if you activate Gideon's 0 ability then activate Ajani Steadfast's -2,. Gideon gets both a loyalty counter and a +1/+1 counter. Still doesn't make Gideon playable, but it's a fun interaction that'll make your opponent chuckle.

The mono-green ramp shell with 3 Ajani Steadfast, 2 Ajani, Mentor of Heroes, 3 Xenagos, 2 Nissas, 2 Garruk, Caller of Beasts, and 2 Elspeths seems like a good place to start. Stormbreath, Polukranos, Archangel, Xenagod, and a one-of-fun-of Iroas. It's like bestcards.dec for the colors.

Something like this as a starting point: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/naya-superbffs/

Though I think in that form it's far too honest of a deck and is just "here's my creatures, they're gonna attack"

ultron87

I think the more relevant advantage is that it can turn your non creature artifacts into additional threats. Probably most relevantly, Darksteel Citadel. It can make any extra Springleaf Drum or Opal start punching through most Tarmogoyfs. But I don't think that makes the cut in a deck that really doesn't have a ton of wiggle room to work with and really doesn't want to get 2 for 1ed by a Dismember.

OnPoint

The odds of it not being bolted, spell snared, mana leak'd, thoughtseized, dismembered or otherwise dealt with should be pretty low on the draw. After boarding there are all sorts of things that will shut it down, even on the play.

Cranial plating is going to do a lot more work in that deck than ensoul will.

If you're on the play, in Modern, and you drop a turn 1 5/5 Ornithopter, your opponent will be able to do none of those things. They wouldn't have any mana because they don't have any lands. Magical Xmas land, etc, I know, but it's an entirely possible turn 1 play. Turn 2 Cranial Plating, equip, swing with a 9/9, would be the next logical play, though that could chance a Spell Snare or something I guess.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119328920]wtf, Llanowar Wastes is already 11 bucks? Did I just get a free paycheck or something?[/QUOTE]
Crazy

kirblar

You can preorder them for 4 bux each, dummy.

bigkrev

If you're on the play, in Modern, and you drop a turn 1 5/5 Ornithopter, your opponent will be able to do none of those things. They wouldn't have any mana because they don't have any lands. Magical Xmas land, etc, I know, but it's an entirely possible turn 1 play. Turn 2 Cranial Plating, equip, swing with a 9/9, would be the next logical play, though that could chance a Spell Snare or something I guess.

The deck doesn't need a 4th 2 drop. Archbound Ravager and Cranial Plating are 8 slots, and Overseer is probably another 4, but you could trim one or 2. All of those cards are better- Ravager and Plating end games out of nowhere (especially on a Inkmoth), and a Overseer gives you more long game power if if it survives.

Card has no place in the deck.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Prismatic Runeguard 3WW
Enchantement - Aura [Rare]
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and protection from all colors. This effect does not remove auras.

Art reminds me of
Image.ashx

EDIT: Goddamn it New Gatherer, why are your cards so miniscule in size.

Have we seen a regen card?

This spell was spoiled a while ago
fleshtodust.jpg

I can't imagine they'd have "can't be regenerated" if there were no regenerating creatures in this set. I imagine it will just be Trollhide and one or two creatures.

Hmm, actually, looking at the number crunch, Mossbridge Troll has a chance of fitting, and it could work well in this core set focusing so much on getting a ton of creatures. So there's my wild prediction for the set.

This spell was spoiled a while ago
fleshtodust.jpg

I can't imagine they'd have "can't be regenerated" if there were no regenerating creatures in this set. I imagine it will just be Trollhide and one or two creatures.

Hmm, actually, looking at the number crunch, Mossbridge Troll has a chance of fitting, and it could work well in this core set focusing so much on getting a ton of creatures. So there's my wild prediction for the set.

Wow, can't be regenerated is worth 2?

The recent policy has been to keep good black creature destruction out of common, because typically in draft, people would pick the good ones early and there would be nothing left for later picks. With bad removal at common, people will pass them, and the people who find that they don't have any removal late in the pack will have a chance to get some. In limited, even a five mana creature destruction spell is decent in a pinch.

kirblar

Yeah, things are intentionally not max-efficiency at all times. Theros removal is warped in a very intentional way.

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119414429]fetch happened

http://i.imgur.com/8L2zdQY.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

Now we can stop... trying to make... it happen...

I still think we might see them in Khans.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";119414429]fetch happened

8L2zdQY.png
[/QUOTE]

I always pull this card out when people talk about fetches. "Dude, your cube needs fetches" "Yeah I got expanse and wilds lololol btw im always open to donations"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom