• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172785656]I'm suspicious about that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see, the card shows more on the bottom. Guess Wizards made a mistake on their upload.

Wichu

I just realised Woodland Bellower can get dumb if you have Skybind out. You can chain fetch Boon Satyrs, remove a blocker, and swing for 18 the next turn.

Now I just need the rest of a deck. Courser is a given, and Eidolon of Blossoms should probably be in there, but I don't know what else. Mana acceleration? Whisperwood Elemental (plays nicely with Skybind)? Deathmist Raptor? Black for Siege Rhino, Doomwake Giant, and Whip of Erebos (Whip back Bellower, get Courser, flicker Bellower)?

My gut reaction is that I don't care for the artwork. Maybe it's better in person.

WanderingWind, I'm not sure if you saw my post:

I have the following, plus a lot of the Prossh stuff.

EDIT: And here is my latest organized list. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGRA2kov6ZgLmPLdXsOr430ItF6JQ3J20VMjL_ajoyU/edit#gid=0

WanderingWind,

I want this stuff from you:

Stoneforge Mystic x4
True-Name Nemesis x2
Council's Judgement

Where are you located? For some reason I am thinking you are out of the States.
Also if you wouldn't mind coming up with a list, what cards do you have from the Prossh article? If it will help I can come up with a list of what I already have.

Matriox

I just realised Woodland Bellower can get dumb if you have Skybind out. You can chain fetch Boon Satyrs, remove a blocker, and swing for 18 the next turn.

Now I just need the rest of a deck. Courser is a given, and Eidolon of Blossoms should probably be in there, but I don't know what else. Mana acceleration? Whisperwood Elemental (plays nicely with Skybind)? Deathmist Raptor? Black for Siege Rhino, Doomwake Giant, and Whip of Erebos (Whip back Bellower, get Courser, flicker Bellower)?

Skybind returns at the beginning of the next end step, doesn't happen like described unfortunately.

Wichu

Skybind returns at the beginning of the next end step, doesn't happen like described unfortunately.

Main phase: Woodland Bellower, fetch Boon Satyr, exile Woodland Bellower
Your end step: Woodland Bellower returns, fetch Boon Satyr, exile Woodland Bellower
Opponent's end step: Woodland Bellower returns, fetch Boon Satyr, exile a blocker
Your turn: attack for 6 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 18

Works just fine.

Matriox

Main phase: Woodland Bellower, fetch Boon Satyr, exile Woodland Bellower
Your end step: Woodland Bellower returns, fetch Boon Satyr, exile Woodland Bellower
Opponent's end step: Woodland Bellower returns, fetch Boon Satyr, exile a blocker
Your turn: attack for 6 + 4 + 4 + 4 = 18

Works just fine.

Sorry lol, youre right. I was thinking you needed the playset but didn't go through the motions.

Wichu

If you have Nykthos out, you can even get Shaman of Forgotten Ways and Biorhythm them before attacking for 14 (you end up getting 16 power and 7 additional devotion, which is easily enough to activate it).

Wulfric

Does anyone have experience moving mid to high-end foils? I'm in the midst of building Jund.

2x Overgrown Tomb (RTR)
Polluted Delta (KTK)
Emrakul (MM2015)

What I've learned at my LGS is that foils are incredibly difficult to trade. I honestly prefer the cards to stay in the local community, but no one has extra Bobs/Goyfs. I sell on ebay all the time, but I really hate the fees.

Hackworth

Going to my first draft in ages this evening.
Does anyone have any advice on Origins strats or should I just go with my usual strategy of drafting rares, bombs, evasion, removal in that order?

Exokell

Banned

I want flickerwisp it in modern

Matriox

Going to my first draft in ages this evening.
Does anyone have any advice on Origins strats or should I just go with my usual strategy of drafting rares, bombs, evasion, removal in that order?

Green Black elves, White Blue flyers, green white renoun, or Red Blue thopter are pretty good, but mostly high picked. If ones open go for it.

Jhriad

Does anyone have experience moving mid to high-end foils? I'm in the midst of building Jund.

2x Overgrown Tomb (RTR)
Polluted Delta (KTK)
Emrakul (MM2015)

What I've learned at my LGS is that foils are incredibly difficult to trade. I honestly prefer the cards to stay in the local community, but no one has extra Bobs/Goyfs. I sell on ebay all the time, but I really hate the fees.

You can trade the lands away immediately on Pucatrade if you're so inclined. There are folks looking for them right now. Their current values on Pucatrade are approx. $32 in points for each Overgrown Tomb and $88 for the Polluted Delta. You wouldn't have to worry about fees but you'd still need to pay for shipping and given the value you'd probably want to pay for delivery confirmation at the very least. It would still be a lot cheaper than eBay though.

If anyone is interested in signing up for Pucatrade (it's free!) here's my referral link. Help a brother out!

duxstar

Might bite on archangel of tithes tomorrow, hopefully my lgs has 3 of them and 2 kytheos, I have over 200 bux in credit and don't know what to spend it on. I hate spending all the credit I have stored on one card, though I have thought of just buying a karakas even though legacy isn't really played around here anymore.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
My gut reaction is that I don't care for the artwork. Maybe it's better in person.

WanderingWind, I'm not sure if you saw my post:

WanderingWind,

I want this stuff from you:

Where are you located? For some reason I am thinking you are out of the States.
Also if you wouldn't mind coming up with a list, what cards do you have from the Prossh article? If it will help I can come up with a list of what I already have.

I did not see it, sorry. Can you relink the Prossh article? I know from you I want the Lili at the very least. I forgot what else you have. Also, I live in Germany, but I have an APO box and a German address. Shipping to APO means the cost to ship to me is no different than shipping to the U.S. German address is normal.

They'll probably throw Serra Angel in there too, just because it's so iconic. Perhaps with new art or with the original art.

It'd be great if they'd print a Serra Angel with the Rebecca Guay illustration that's only ever been on an oversized card:

s340795437902747505_p26_i1_w1100.jpeg

I doubt we're getting both Linvala and Iona in the same set. I'm looking toward BFZ for that Linvala reprint now.

Of all blocks, I feel like BFZ is one of the least likely ever for them to start reprinting Legends from the previous visit to the plane. :p

Firemind

oh. in that case, git gud.

to be fair, it's your first origins draft? plus, origins is a core set which are famous for lousy limited practices.

y2dvd

2x Overgrown Tomb (RTR)
Polluted Delta (KTK)
Emrakul (MM2015)

I'm fortunate enough to live in a city that hosts a lot of events. There's a GP here this weekend, and there are always people there willing to trade for whatever.

Speaking of GP, sucker is $50-60. Screw that. Gonna just do $10 drafts in the side events all day.

Kerrinck

Is there any card that manipulates my opponent's library or top cards? Something like: Look at the opponent's top x cards and return them in any order.
It can even be absurdly obscure.

Matriox

Is there any card that manipulates my opponent's library or top cards? Something like: Look at the opponent's top x cards and return them in any order.
It can even be absurdly obscure.

Image.ashx

Or stuff with Fateseal but it isn't much, like spin into myth and Jtms.

Firemind

have mesmeric sliver, sliver queen and ashnod's altar in play. reorganize your opponent's deck at your will.

edit: add hearthstone for infinite mana, but who needs infinite mana?

Jhriad

Possible leak of Evolving Wilds in Battle for Zendikar, linked because huge. Art, artist, flavor text, and collector number all seem to check out, plus you just know they'd reprint Evolving Wilds yet again.

I have my doubts about the legitimacy of that card, mostly because of what feels like a large amount of extra space below the card # & artist name. If it is real though the numbering does seem to point to some decent sized allotment of non-basic lands. It also probably means there's some sort of "lands matter" mechanic since I doubt they include Evolving Wilds again and a large allotment of non-basics without closely integrating them with a mechanic (or mechanics) of the set. Pretty intriguing nonetheless.

WanderingWind

Honestly, they need to chill with the Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic. Every goddamn set. I have more Evolving Wilds than I have memories of my family. I got more Evolving Wilds than hairs, and I am Robin Williams hairy. I own more Evolving Wilds than Americans own guns. If I were to take my Evolving Wilds and place them end to end, I could build a bridge to Mars. And back again! If you were to take all my Evolving Wilds and put them in a standard, Olympic-sized pool it would hella full.

WanderingWind

That was an easy early set call, IMO. It's the only second 2CMC PW they've done and people kept trying to force Tibby. We're in a Delve environment and blue always abuses the shit out of filter effects.

I did miss the boat on Nissa, only stuck with the 2 I opened playing sealed. But guys, Lili is going to be abused soon enough. She's really fucking good. For 3 mana you get a bear, cause your opponent to discard and get a potentially repeatable reanimator.

OnPoint

I'm trying to muster the strength to care about standard prices and I just can't. I have gone too far toward the modern/casual track to come back right now.

I like that EW art though.

Firemind

bubububu jace dies to shock!

yeah i don't care about standard either. i might actually attend the modern wmcq and skip the two standard wmcqs.

red13th

I actually forgot to buy Nissa (derp) when I made my ORI purchase and she's already up 3 dollars. Here's hoping she doesn't go higher.

OnPoint

I actually forgot to buy Nissa (derp) when I made my ORI purchase and she's already up 3 dollars. Here's hoping she doesn't go higher.

My guess is that being one of only several high profile mythics in a set mostly devoid of other value means she's about reached her ceiling but won't come down much for several months so long as she's seeing the level play she is now. And Abzan seems pretty good still, so...

Honestly, they need to chill with the Evolving Wilds/Terramorphic. Every goddamn set. I have more Evolving Wilds than I have memories of my family. I got more Evolving Wilds than hairs, and I am Robin Williams hairy. I own more Evolving Wilds than Americans own guns. If I were to take my Evolving Wilds and place them end to end, I could build a bridge to Mars. And back again! If you were to take all my Evolving Wilds and put them in a standard, Olympic-sized pool it would hella full.

lol

And I could still get the under a buck cards from you if you don't mind. It just saves me from getting a couple dozen packages in the mail from tcgplayer or something.

It looks like I'll be into you for Lili plus cash if you don't need anything else from me.

WanderingWind

lol

And I could still get the under a buck cards from you if you don't mind. It just saves me from getting a couple dozen packages in the mail from tcgplayer or something.

It looks like I'll be into you for Lili plus cash if you don't need anything else from me.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means. What are you hoping to trade for what? And what else do you have besides 1 Lili?

Wulfric

I'm fortunate enough to live in a city that hosts a lot of events. There's a GP here this weekend, and there are always people there willing to trade for whatever.

Speaking of GP, sucker is $50-60. Screw that. Gonna just do $10 drafts in the side events all day.

I might end up going the Pucatrade route for these cards. Getting staples in return takes some patience though.

Tell me about it, GP Madison is $60 for the main event. I'm making plans to go (Aaron Miller! Dan Scott!), but I'm still not enthusiastic about playing six-pack sealed for hours and writing every single card down. Are drafts usually $10? I'm down for rare drafting enemy fetches all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom