• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Oh, okay. Google didn't show any relevant results.

Also, they do know a Star Wars CCG existed like twenty years ago, right? Or does CCG mean something else now?

Draxal

Oh, okay. Google didn't show any relevant results.

Also, they do know a Star Wars CCG existed like twenty years ago, right? Or does CCG mean something else now?

Well CCG in the digital sense. I don't think Decipher was in any position to make an arcade game CCG.

Firemind

But wouldn't it be awesome if they did?

Beats WotC's version of Star Wars. What a bunch of bullshit that was.

And since we're making wishes, it's about time we got a ccg/tcg based on The Transformers. Even The bloody Simpsons got one.

I have the following, plus a lot of the Prossh stuff.

EDIT: And here is my latest organized list. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TGRA2kov6ZgLmPLdXsOr430ItF6JQ3J20VMjL_ajoyU/edit#gid=0

WanderingWind,

I want this stuff from you:

Stoneforge Mystic x4
True-Name Nemesis x2
Council's Judgement

Where are you located? For some reason I am thinking you are out of the States.
Also if you wouldn't mind coming up with a list, what cards do you have from the Prossh article? If it will help I can come up with a list of what I already have.

I think I'm going to buy a playset of Shimmering Grotto to use on my cheap affinity build to replace a playset of Glimmervoid.

That doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

Here's my current budget Affinity deck that I'm running as I upgrade it, and it's surprisingly very fun to play:

Etched Champion x3
Steel Overseer x2
Ornithopter x3
Signal Pest x4
Master of Etherium x4
Memnite x4
Vault Skirge x4

Cranial Plating x4
Welding Jar x4
Springleaf Drum x4
Ensoul Artiact x4
Thoughtcast x2

Darksteel Citadel x4
Island x14

y2dvd

All I want to trade for is an Underground Sea, a Tropical Island, a Bayou, or a Bazaar of Baghdad. Is that too much to ask for?

That doesn't seem like a terrible idea.

Here's my current budget Affinity deck that I'm running as I upgrade it, and it's surprisingly very fun to play:

Etched Champion x3
Steel Overseer x2
Ornithopter x3
Signal Pest x4
Master of Etherium x4
Memnite x4
Vault Skirge x4

Cranial Plating x4
Welding Jar x4
Springleaf Drum x4
Ensoul Artiact x4
Thoughtcast x2

Darksteel Citadel x4
Island x14
I'm still using Frogmite and Myr Enforcer on my build, but , I currently have 1 Etched Champion and I'll probably get a playset of those before I buy the rest.

Ok, that Japanese elf guy is the real deal. Temur Sabertooth is nuts. Just ran a preliminary game with the cats over CoCos and Shaman of the Pack just went ham.

It could be the right piece of the puzzle. Gonna test a bunch of this style.

Jhriad

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172707863]Ok, that Japanese elf guy is the real deal. Temur Sabertooth is nuts. Just ran a preliminary game with the cats over CoCos and Shaman of the Pack just went ham.

It could be the right piece of the puzzle. Gonna test a bunch of this style.[/QUOTE]

Huh. That's actually a clever bit of tech. Looking at this list though makes me wonder how the deck will fare against all the copies of Languish that are going to be in the Abzan Midrange/Control decks.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172707863]Ok, that Japanese elf guy is the real deal. Temur Sabertooth is nuts. Just ran a preliminary game with the cats over CoCos and Shaman of the Pack just went ham.

It could be the right piece of the puzzle. Gonna test a bunch of this style.[/QUOTE]

I always thought that Temur Sabertooth might be good with Whisperwood Elemental (to get back spells / shit you'd rather not have manifested), but that's probably optimistic :)

Hero

The boxart for FTV Angels is glorious.

W3Z66RZ.png

Also, sweet to see Avacyn and Iona. Avacyn I was expecting but not Iona since she was just in MM2.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
The boxart for FTV Angels is glorious.

W3Z66RZ.png

Also, sweet to see Avacyn and Iona. Avacyn I was expecting but not Iona since she was just in MM2.

Ugh, I need it.

But it's gonna be so damn expensive, having missed the pre-order. :(

BearPawB

Banned
Newish player. Went to my first draft last Friday.

Lucked into going 2-1 (my last match the opponent left the store, so i got a default win).
Still, Felt real good.

The game is fun. It is super stressful though. Basically because I am constantly worried I am going to look like an idiot.

But I had fun, got some cool cards.

OnPoint

Are there any non white non gold angels? All I can think of is Fallen Angel.
And I really hope they put Linvala on it.

Illusory Angel is blue. Red Akroma is red and also in this. Desolation Angel is black, though it does have a white kicker cost. Those are the only ones I can think of.

I doubt we're getting both Linvala and Iona in the same set. I'm looking toward BFZ for that Linvala reprint now.

Edit: Platinum Angel and Copper Leaf Angel as well.

Matriox

My point was they could have put a different angel in the display window rather than 3 white ones lol, they even spoiled red Akroma. I get angels are typically white, but cmon now.

OnPoint

My point was they could have put a different angel in the display window rather than 3 white ones lol, they even spoiled red Akroma. I get angels are typically white, but cmon now.

I don't think anyone is debating that point. However, keep in mind that the people most interested in this are likely going to be casual players who love angels because of whatever reason people love angels. Even color distribution in the collection, especially in the displayed cards, isn't going to matter to them, since angels are pretty much a white creature type.

Avacyn sells to the newer casual crowd, Iona gives it some sort of relevant collector/competitive value, and White Akroma appeals to more classic players from days gone by. It's actually a pretty smart selection.

Matriox

I don't think anyone is debating that point. However, keep in mind that the people most interested in this are likely going to be casual players who love angels because of whatever reason people love angels. Even color distribution in the collection, especially in the displayed cards, isn't going to matter to them, since angels are pretty much a white creature type.

Avacyn sells to the newer casual crowd, Iona gives it some sort of relevant collector/competitive value, and White Akroma appeals to more classic players from days gone by. It's actually a pretty smart selection.

The other side of the coin would say a casual red player doesn't see any value in this due to only seeing white cards.

EDIT: I'm not even upset at the selection, I think its a good one for sure, just making an observation was all.

Also leads to a possible false impression the entire box is just white angels, but I think there are the other cards on the back side of the box right?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Is there a list?

Yeef

My predictions for inclusions to hit all the colors:
Blue: Bruna
Black: Angel of Despair
Red Akroma
Green: Sigarda
We'll also see Maelstrom Archangel and Platinum Angel. They'll probably throw Serra Angel in there too, just because it's so iconic. Perhaps with new art or with the original art.

Matriox

I'd like to have a foil Jenara, Asura of War. Also, was Fallen Angel as iconic as I'm seeming to remember? I just played the card a lot when I was growing up, but I don't know if it was "iconic" or not.

EDIT: I'd also be cool with a foil Baneslayer Angel :)

Lucked into going 2-1 (my last match the opponent left the store, so i got a default win).
Still, Felt real good.

The game is fun. It is super stressful though. Basically because I am constantly worried I am going to look like an idiot.

Good to hear you had fun. If you're worried about your skills, it might be a good idea to play Magic Duels or Duels of the Planeswalkers at home to practice.

OnPoint

Cards to not count out, some more obvious than others:

• Serra Angel
  • Entreat the Angels
  • Karmic Guide
  • Decree of Justice
  • Angelic Destiny
  • Filigree Angel
  • Geist of St Traft
  • Kaalia of the Vast
  • Restoration Angel
  • Selina

Toxi

Banned
Are there any non white non gold angels? All I can think of is Fallen Angel.
And I really hope they put Linvala on it.
Fallen Angel
Desolation Angel
Crypt Angel
Illusory Angel
Akroma Angel of Fury
Platinum Angel
Copper-Leaf Angel
Any changeling

Still, Felt real good.

The only thing people legitimately get miffed at you about is if you pass the cards in the wrong direction or mess up the number of cards to pick. Otherwise they just kinda roll their eyes cause everybody looks like an idiot all the time.

bigkrev

Serra Angel will be in this, and I wouldn't be surprise if Voice of All is also in. You need some commons/uncommons in here- every single FTV except for Legends has had at least 1 common or uncommon in it.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
If I ran WotC the way I'd do FtV would be simple. Larger, but still limited print run. Then I'd have 15+1 card. The extra card would be some only casual format legal card where R&D could go nuts, or they could bring back a popular character for a card. In the case of stuff like Dragons/Angels, I'd also pack in one of each token they could feasible have. On the back of those tokens would be ads.

The SDCC BoB PW (FIGURE IT OUT NEWBS) would stay exclusive, but every other year in place of the FtV, I'd run a limited, but still large, print run of a collection of say, 10 of those. There would specialized emblems in each one.

Also, I would just give everybody cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom