• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

CNnYaHBUEAAfksc.png

Interesting, Eldrazi Scion instead of spawns, but 1/1 now.

Goofed up, fixed now.

The Spawn tokens were pretty key in what Rise of the Eldrazi a good limited format.Weird that they went to 1/1s as that changes a lot about them, what they do and what the cards that make them can be costed at. I wonder why they went this direction.

Matriox

CNnjfdRWUAAuBBl.png

More scion, yeah can't say I love them over spawns, now I have to get more tokens :(

Eldrazi spawn are 0/1s. Time's have changed and the Eldrazi have strengthened. Scions are 1/1s #MTGBFZ

Great explanation so far lol.

duxstar

Any of you fools on cockatrice or some kind of chat program, i was too embarrassed to invite anyone at my LGS over to the house to watch the PAX event but I really want to talk about the spoilers as they happen, I guess i could just spam this thread lol

The Spawn tokens were pretty key in what Rise of the Eldrazi a good limited format.Weird that they went to 1/1s as that changes a lot about them, what they do and what the cards that make them can be costed at. I wonder why they went this direction.

My best guess is that ROE is a format specifically designed to drag out to 8+ mana, so spawn work best as chump blockers and ramp targets. This format has to support some big eldrazi creatures, but it's not going to be nearly as battlecruiser-y overall, so they want to give the mana crystal dorks something useful to do in all the games where you aren't dropping top-of-curve guys to win.

duxstar

Conclave naturalist is an amazing card (4/4 for 5 with naturalize attached), so I imagine that the 4/4 for 5 with ramp abilities at common will be just as good in set meant to go "bigger"

Crocodile

I could go for some Battlecruiser Magic right now. I was playing some Origins draft today and I had to mull pretty much every hand because I knew my opponents had decks that could easily bum rush me if they did as much as curve out. It would be nice to not to have to freak out because my opponent might do the unthinkable and play 2 + 3 drops and mulligan so aggressively.

Yeef

Gimmie spoilers!

I haven't played standard since RTR rotated out. :\
Maybe something cool will either get me back in or juts give me more cards for Modern/Legacy/Commander.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Haha blacks removal just gets worse with Ruinous Path.

Matriox

So 5 color is possibly a thing for limited here too with converge I hope.

See the Unwritten into an ulamog may not exile stuff, but it's terrifying.

y2dvd

Awaken and Landfall is interesting as these cards are good early to late game. The value is so high. Grindy decks are gonna get a whole lot better.

I just realized that converge is pretty similar to domain. I suppose converge is better for a set where a lot of nonbasic lands are expected to be played, though.

Crocodile

Oh Jesus I just realized that Ulamog 2.0 can be reanimated! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

So far these spoilers just feel like they are making "Everything and the Kitchen Sink: The Set". Feels all over the place.

I need 4 Windswept Heaths and 3 Wooded Foothills for my collection.

A guy may trade me for a Liliana of the Veil. I think it's a good trade. What do you think?

hort

Neo Member
As someone who generally likes Wil Wheaton and Ashley Burch, this banter between them is really really bad. Put MaRo up and show us the cards yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom