• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

An-Det

Now that they have announced the art book, I'm surprised that we've never gotten one before. It looks pretty beefy, too.

That Gideon has me giddy, though it's odd that his design overlaps on Elspeth's former turf considering she's still considered alive.

Edit: is it wierd to anyone else that Gideon, the literal "I'm a soldier" Walker is now Knight token guy while Elspeth, an actual Knight, was a soldier producer all her cards?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Seriously after every style guide column from Ravnica through Alara blocks I would dutifully send an email asking if there was anyway they could show us even more of the art content and style direction.

Toxi

Banned
Huh, that's pretty clever about how the top of the card being colored because that's the part you see in your hand.

Really dislike playing up "Geek Culture" to this degree. Let Magic be Magic, not some fun hip tribal identity.

I agree, but putting geek celebrities in a Twitch video actually is pretty smart for the historically Luddite-ish WotC.

Huh, that's pretty clever about how the top of the card being colored because that's the part you see in your hand.

Yeah, totally. All this stuff is cooler with Rosewater going into the deal with it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I made my friends watch this and they can't figure what is up with Maro lmao

Hero

Maro is awesome, I know a lot of you guys like to shit on some of his ideas/philosophies but I feel like he is a big part of Magic being relevant and fun today.

hort

Neo Member
I was just wondering earlier today if they would be making colorless instants/sorceries. Seems like a really cool concept.

Oh, so there will be several Processors.

The creature type makes way more sense if it's a signifier for creatures that do stuff with the exile zone.

Maro is awesome, I know a lot of you guys like to shit on some of his ideas/philosophies but I feel like he is a big part of Magic being relevant and fun today.

Maro is great. He's a very good ambassador for the game and one of the most vocal writers on game design alive. When I give him a hard time for his terrible Legendary idea or how bad Avacyn Restored is it's really because his overall track record is pretty good so the randomly bad things stand out.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Oh he absolutely is. He's wrong about some stuff, and I think he's developed some ideas recently I disagree with, but his enthusiasm is great and honestly? The game as we know it currently just does not exist without him. A not insignificant part of the game's current success can be ascribed to his particular approach to design compared to how everyone else was doing design before he became Head Designer

Oh he absolutely is. He's wrong about some stuff, and I think he's developed some ideas recently I disagree with, but his enthusiasm is great and honestly? The game as we know it currently just does not exist without him. A not insignificant part of the game's current success can be ascribed to his particular approach to design compared to how everyone else was doing design before he became Head Designer

And kind of almost more importantly, he's clearly very good at developing talent -- it's a lot easier to imagine people taking over for him now than it was a decade ago.

Back on the show: man, what is up with all the keywords in this set.

kirblar

Oh yeah, he is. It's just that his blind spots are HUUUUGE on certain things.

Hero

God Wil Wheaton is insufferable.

Well said! Completely agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom