• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Its too bad nobody ever figured out a way to make Underworld Cerberus any good.

All my online trades have started coming in, finally got my Top playset ^_^

sarkeezy6crz3.png

Fun fact: in Italian you fish cards from the top of your library, not draw.

#cappa

red13th

I think that's how they're trying to mitigate some of the awkwardness, white dad, darker skinned mom

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";168878672]All my online trades have started coming in, finally got my Top playset ^_^

sarkeezy6crz3.png

#cappa[/QUOTE]

The formatting is really weird on that Italian Top.

Quick question: I am about to head to the finals of a DTK/DTK/FRF draft tourney and it's game 3 (it's a weird tournament - started with 21 players, lol).

Anyway, I am base green with reasonable splash into red and white. It's big dudes with lots of removal. My opponent is red/black with a few deathtouch targets. My Epic Confrontations don't line up super well to remove the Rats etc. I've sided one Confrontation for a Tail Slash. Do you think this is the correct move? I'm not super worried about my mana, but I feel like it might be a mistake... He has the deathtouch Cobra, too, which Tail Slash still fails against because my top-end is Surrak, the Huntcaller and two Elk Herds - only 5 power.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Quick question: I am about to head to the finals of a DTK/DTK/FRF draft tourney and it's game 3 (it's a weird tournament - started with 21 players, lol).

Anyway, I am base green with reasonable splash into red and white. It's big dudes with lots of removal. My opponent is red/black with a few deathtouch targets. My Epic Confrontations don't line up super well to remove the Rats etc. I've sided one Confrontation for a Tail Slash. Do you think this is the correct move? I'm not super worried about my mana, but I feel like it might be a mistake... He has the deathtouch Cobra, too, which Tail Slash still fails against because my top-end is Surrak, the Huntcaller and two Elk Herds - only 5 power.

If you have Tail Slash you probably should be playing it to begin with. I would have all the Epic Confrontations and Tail Slashes in the game to begin with and leave them there.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";168878672]

#cappa[/QUOTE]

Pesca una carta

ha

OnPoint

They need to buy out Amulet then. I have a few extras that I'd love to sell at a higher price (though that's greedy, I did get them for a dollar)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Hush, you!

Hey, Firemind and/or zorro, what was that one Magic site that I fell in love with buying from and promptly forgot about?

If you have Tail Slash you probably should be playing it to begin with. I would have all the Epic Confrontations and Tail Slashes in the game to begin with and leave them there.

Thanks, yeah, I put the Confrontation back in and took out my Hunt the Weak (I had lots of removal). I probably should've had the Tail Slash instead of Hunt the Weak from the get-go.

I won, btw :) Pyrotechnics to the face.

Angry Grimace

lol

You can use Moonmist to untransform Gideon back into Kytheon, making him a regular creature. With Loyalty Counters.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
lol

You can use Moonmist to untransform Gideon back into Kytheon, making him a regular creature. With Loyalty Counters.

Wait, if you reflip him does he get an additional 4 counters or does it "reset" to 4?

Wait, if you reflip him does he get an additional 4 counters or does it "reset" to 4?

Loyalty counters are only put on when he enters the battlefield as a planeswalker. So:

1. Transform Kytheon normally.
2. Gideon is brought down to one loyalty.
3. Gideon becomes a creature and attacks.
4. Moonmist turns Gideon back into Kytheon. He still has one loyalty counter.
5. Moonmist turns Kytheon into Gideon. He still has one loyalty counter, and thus survives.

red13th

If you flip him normally he gets exiled, so it resets. If you Moonmist again I think you would keep the counters he had but don't add any.

Angry Grimace

You know things aren't going so well for your opponent when they cast Slaughter Pact on their own Elesh Norn.

It depends how you reflip:

Moonmist kills the walker if you do it normally (because they have no Loyalty counters). If Kytheon still has one, he'll live with whatever he had when he was Moonmisted the first time. If you trigger the transform clause, Kytheon is exiled and loses all the counters, then returns to the battlefield with 3 loyalty counters.

Garruk's Packleader without the 4/4. Seems good in Limited.

EDIT: Good with Deathmist Raptor?

Unplayable in every format.

Completely misread the card at first; I thought it said "three or less" not "three or greater." Not sure why (I guess I thought it was supposed to be the opposite of Packleader or something). That makes it muuuuuuuuuuuch worse than I thought.

red13th

Just drafted an Abzan token planeswaker blink whip removal-heavy deck that kind of drafted itself, with a crazy manabase too, fixing lands just kept on coming.

7Tm5UEg.png

Damn my cube will be so sexy with Origins, Kytheon and Jace and Lily and Nalaar parents, so good. Now they need to reprint Gemstone Mine. :(

Crocodile

Isamaru in the same deck as Sylvan Caraytid or Grave Titan is.........."weird" for lack of a better word.

Like a lot of cards in that deck don't normally belong in the same deck together.

red13th

Isamaru in the same deck as Sylvan Caraytid or Grave Titan is.........."weird" for lack of a better word.

Like a lot of cards in that deck don't normally belong in the same deck together.

Turn him into a rat then. :p
He and Sovereign don't really fit the token theme, but Pack Rat ftw

Completely misread the card at first; I thought it said "three or less" not "three or greater." Not sure why (I guess I thought it was supposed to be the opposite of Packleader or something). That makes it muuuuuuuuuuuch worse than I thought.

Elemental Bond into Sidisi Brood Tyrant would have been my jam lol

I'm betting this bad CG art shows up in the Origins game.

From the video I watched, you were / are basically right (was behind on the thread, only just saw this post). Kinda lame, but I guess it makes sense.

It's starting to feel like we're in spray-and-pray mode with buyouts.

It's honestly discouraging. I don't play competitively, but some fringe cards are just fun casual cards. It makes me really worried that the collective price of older "reasonable" cards will rise obnoxiously over the next little while. Worried in the sense that I feel anxious like I need to try to think of ALL the cards I could ever want that haven't spiked and just buy up a playset. This is obviously impossible / ridiculous, but still.

Example: I love a card like Boros Reckoner. It plunged near rotation (~$2.60 currently), obviously, but I still haven't picked him up (not playing as much casual constructed with friends). I'd hate to come back in 3-4 few months and see him at $10+ because speculators are just grabbing up every rare that wins a couple daily events. Maybe this is a bad example? Anyway, I guess that's just how it goes.

From the video I watched, you were / are basically right (was behind on the thread, only just saw this post). Kinda lame, but I guess it makes sense.

It's honestly discouraging. I don't play competitively, but some fringe cards are just fun casual cards. It makes me really worried that the collective price of older "reasonable" cards will rise obnoxiously over the next little while. Worried in the sense that I feel anxious like I need to try to think of ALL the cards I could ever want that haven't spiked and just buy up a playset. This is obviously impossible / ridiculous, but still.

Example: I love a card like Boros Reckoner. It plunged near rotation (~$2.60 currently), obviously, but I still haven't picked him up (not playing as much casual constructed with friends). I'd hate to come back in 3-4 few months and see him at $10+ because speculators are just grabbing up every rare that wins a couple daily events. Maybe this is a bad example? Anyway, I guess that's just how it goes.

I wonder how many of the buyouts are actually folks reaching similar conclusions and rushing to nab a set or two of older cards for themselves.

It's the classic "run on the bank" scenario. Some amount of the cards are being snatched up in bulk by speculators, and some of them are being snatched up by players fearful of missing out on staples, and then there's a lot of people who are a mix between the two (I'll pick up a playset for myself and a spare one to sell at a profit).

That's definitely possible - I know that I, personally, won't do that and will just "make do" with something else when I go to build a particular casual deck. I do like to buy Mogg Maniacs, when I see them, though, haha. That said, I haven't bought singles in a while.

The extremely selfish part of me just wishes we'd get Chronicles 2016 and be done with it.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";168966012]I added this dude on facebook...and now all I get on my feed is race war stuff.[/QUOTE]

The Facebook experience defined in one sentence.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";168973527]I've been testing that Lantern deck and so far it's straight beast mode.

Shatterstorm is pretty good though lol[/QUOTE]

I was wondering for a long time why Shatterstorm wasn't being played in color. If you're R/G, or your meta is super light on Affinity and Tron, I can see Grudge more in the sideboard, but against those decks, Shatterstorm is normally "I win." For me, if I'm playing any fair amount of red cards, 2 Shatterstorms are in my board. It just feels so good to cast it.

EDIT: That article also reveals something that I wasn't aware of before: Magic Origins will not require you to download a completely new version the next year like with Duels, but rather will keep on adding cards each year. Also, they're doing a lot of Hearthstone stuff, apparently.

Yeah, Duels Origins is MTGStone. They (wisely) pretty much copied the model exactly.

lily white red haired daughter checks out

There are some half-white half-desi people who look pretty white!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom