• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT4| Izzet Me; Izzet You? A Love Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";169755584]I have basically 0 cards on modo, my collection is all paper.

I'm HeebyGB on cockatrice if anybody ever wants to play, I'm always tweaking my deck library.

Don't be dissuaded by rumors of my invincibility. They might be true, but I'm a gracious competitor regardless.

Now in Street Fighter I'm a complete jackass even when I'm losing. Which is far more often than not.[/QUOTE]

Just downloaded Cockatrice. We'll give it a go when I can figure out how to make the card art actually show up for all of the cards.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm misreading the quote. Maybe these guys just aren't the right place to get this sort of information, given how they act in the rest of the article.

Never trust numbers given to you by the brand team.

I get that they didn't "nerf" it. I guess I should have said they nerfed Emma. Anyway, I don't get why they didn't just let her be better than the rest of the maze runners.

Because they had a bad idea about how rares should work (the fact that some cards should only be mythic doesn't mean that every effect that can be mythic falls in that category, basically) and they had to (really badly) screw up a prominent cycle because of it to figure out that maybe their idea was dumb.

(Khans block, with all its rare legends, is actually a pretty good indicator that they figured this out.)

Firemind

635707895987600002.png

Pretty boring for one of the uncommon gold cards. Still, 4/5 vigilance if it connects.

635707896043060642.png

Now this is something. Even on it's own, it's like a Scroll Thief that turns into a 3/5.
What is up with the modelling poses in this set? They're not even legendary or planeswalkers. And the first one has a huge lion's head besides her which makes it more comical than anything else.

635707846588563446.jpg

Fine Limited kill spell.
EDIT: Oh, apparently this card depicts Liliana killing Archangel of Tithes and stealing her headdress.
This doesn't even make any sense in context considering the Archangel's abilities. Unless Liliana has a billion spare mana to let her zombie army attack the angel. And what happened to her flight? God, Lilly is such a mary sue.

This doesn't even make any sense in context considering the Archangel's abilities. Unless Liliana has a billion spare mana to let her zombie army attack the angel. And what happened to her flight? God, Lilly is such a mary sue.

Karn, whose power goes to zero when confronted in combat, was able to beat Tsabo, who was immune to legendary creatures. It happens.

WanderingWind

So, who else wants to join the NeoGAF cockatrice ring? All levels of play encouraged, from casual funtimes to tourney testing for cheap bastards!

ggs ww, I was right about my moxen misplay though after looking it up to make sure. after 2am the opals start to look like sapphires ^_^

This is what I get for playing mox opals in modern, mox sapphires in vintage and lotus petals in legacy. All blurs together.

WanderingWind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";169762547]ggs ww, I was right about my moxen misplay though after looking it up to make sure. after 2am the opals start to look like sapphires ^_^

This is what I get for playing mox opals in modern, mox sapphires in vintage and lotus petals in legacy. All blurs together.[/QUOTE]

Eh. I must have missed it due to the art. Restart seems to have fixed it

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Seems like an OK top end maybe as a 2 of in collected decks, but without trample, it's kind of barely above average (6cmc for "10/9" or a "9/8" in the best case scenarios)

I know I've posted this before but my super budgeted Nivmagus deck went 3-1 again tonight and was such a blast, I had to post it again lol.

4x Nivmagus Elemental
4x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Kiln Fiend
1x Akroan Crusader

4x Titan's Strength
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Manamorphose
4x Temur Battle Rage
4x Apostle's Blessing
4x Mutagenic Growth
4x Assault Strobe
4x Brute Force

15x Mountains

Matches
2-1 vs Melfork
2-1 vs Boros Burn
2-1 vs Tron
1-2 vs Grixis Twin

Nivmagus was pretty legit. Just had to eat one spell and he was dodging Lightning Bolt, Electrolyze, Kolaghan's Command, Grim Lavamancer, etc. I think I'll move Lightning Bolt to the sb and put in Gixtaxian Probe in instead. With Probe, Apostle's Blessing, and Mutagenic Growth being in here, it was basically Infect lite, but just more fun since it's so budgted. It's hysterical watching players get salty losing against this with their hella expensive deck. :D

I was able to T3 kill a few times. All I need to work on now is my sb. I only had 2 Rending Volleys against Twin and I think I need to bump it up to 3-4. Gonna stick and tweak the deck even further. Fun stuff!

Good job! I love it when budget decks do well.

Jhriad

So, who else wants to join the NeoGAF cockatrice ring? All levels of play encouraged, from casual funtimes to tourney testing for cheap bastards!

I'd be interested but I'm a newbie casual compared to a lot of you. I'll have to try to download Cockatrice and see if I can figure it out sometime tonight. Really could use some practice for Standard & Modern though, especially since my play in either format is extremely limited.

I may join! I need to see how well it works on my laptop.
Will anyone be interested in playing origins on PS4 when it releases? Or is it as janky as DotP?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
LOL the dual cycle is the same one from M15

en_KZzRzrdaWl.png

en_G7iY2B7HW0.png

Sideboard card to kill Ojutai, I guess.

en_iT7HXQz7eM.png

Matriox

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";169787105]ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW

Enemy Painlands two years straight? That's some bullshit.[/QUOTE]

The lands were my last hold out for the set, I had really high hopes for something to come from the lands but Jesus this pisses me off.

MjFrancis

Is there room for allied painlands in this set too? At least that would be cool.

I hope that or a couple of the more ridiculously expensive lands like Matriox pointed out.

ultron87

I feel like this makes enemy fetches in BFZ less likely now. Those would lead to a Standard with pretty bad mana after Theros rotates.

I was certainly hoping for a more interesting dual land cycle, but wasn't it obvious that we were getting some sort of reprint in that slot? It's still a core set; we're not going to get some sweet new land cycle.

OnPoint

Wait what does this mean for the enemy fetches now?

Also I should join Cockatrice, how often do y'all play? I never play on MODO it's too pricey.

Matriox

I was certainly hoping for a more interesting dual land cycle, but wasn't it obvious that we were getting some sort of reprint in that slot? It's still a core set; we're not going to get some sweet new land cycle.

Eh I would have been happier with check lands. The same row of pain lands is just boring.

ultron87

Let's play the "what cycle fits here?" game!

243 -
244 - Battlefield Forge R
245 - Caves of Koilos R
246 -
247 -
248 - Llanowar Wastes R
249 -
250 -
251 - Shivan Reef R
252 - Yavimaya Coast R

Ravnica Allied Bouncelands fit, lol.

Matriox

Let's play the "what cycle fits here?" game!

243 -
244 - Battlefield Forge R
245 - Caves of Koilos R
246 -
247 -
248 - Llanowar Wastes R
249 -
250 -
251 - Shivan Reef R
252 - Yavimaya Coast R

Ravnica Allied Bouncelands fit, lol.

This is what I've been doing too.