• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blogatog:

Interesting, no (traditional) returning mechanic then.
Hmm, no cycling then. Unless there's a mix-up somewhere in the question.

I definitely don't have the tumblr chops (or honestly the attention span) to dig out the material on this but people who pay more attention to this than I have established that the racist thing comes almost entirely from the Duels 2010 splash screen and people have hung onto it even though all the story stuff in the first couple Duels is pretty much no relation to anything.

I was going to say that Nissa's blurb on the general planeswalkers page still had her described that way, but it looks like they finally updated it.

Avacyn was probably more popular than a lot of the planeswalkers, and they had the courage to kill her off. For marketing reasons I understand why the didn't kill off anyone of the Gatewatch, but I think they are probably open to killing off side-planeswalkers.

Next time they include Garruk have him kill off someone and then have him killed off as revenge.

I don't know if that was courage more than narrative necessities. Any conflict in Innistrad required Avacyn being removed in some fashion.

Firemind

Actually, now that I think about it, we're still missing a "healing" type female PW. Someone pure and serene. Somewhat naive and romanticizing.

We have: tomboy arsonist, evil witch, badass warrior, elf hitler, queen of the seven seas, martial artist, ghost assassin.

#bringbackserra

Actually, now that I think about it, we're still missing a "healing" type female PW. Someone pure and serene. Somewhat naive and romanticizing.

We have: tomboy arsonist, evil witch, badass warrior, elf hitler, queen of the seven seas, martial artist, ghost assassin.

#bringbackserra

106a.jpg

#bringbackserra

Missed nuke wielding librarian.

Yeef

I definitely don't have the tumblr chops (or honestly the attention span) to dig out the material on this but people who pay more attention to this than I have established that the racist thing comes almost entirely from the Duels 2010 splash screen and people have hung onto it even though all the story stuff in the first couple Duels is pretty much no relation to anything.
I know that Jarvis has said at a panel Q&A that the early DOTP games shouldn't be considered canon because they developer made up a lot of story elements without Wizards' input.

I know that Jarvis has said at a panel Q&A that the early DOTP games shouldn't be considered canon because they developer made up a lot of story elements without Wizards' input.

Wizards pick and chooses their canon, they'll employ a writer to write a story for them and then just decide it didn't happen. They'll give a writer full creative freedom in creating a character and then appropriate him.

The same happened with a couple books written about their DnD world Faerun. I've read a series of 5 books and to this day I don't have a full grasp of what happened or didn't actually happen that was told in the series.

Yeef

Who holds midnight drafts?

I didn't doubt your story.
I didn't think you did. I was actually going to edit that into the previous post since I didn't want to double post, but then you posted.

Anyway, it looks like I got things mixed up. Original Nissa was Wizards' doing and they retconned her. In one of the early Duels games, the developer basically made up a backstory for Chandra that wasn't canon at all. It looks like I kind of merged the two in my mind.

OnPoint

Prized Amalgam. Shell was obv nutty post-SoI but people were slow to catch on. I bought Gargadons right after the release of the set along with Bridges.
Cmon I rely on you to make these purchases, y u no say something

i probably missed it lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Prized Amalgam. Shell was obv nutty post-SoI but people were slow to catch on. I bought Gargadons right after the release of the set along with Bridges.

I was playing the Bridge version but not Loam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom