• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magna Carta for PlayStation 2 - New pictures

Laurent

U610P115T41D17090F757DT20040823162607.jpg

U610P115T41D17091F757DT20040823162607.jpg

U610P115T41D17092F757DT20040823162608.jpg

U610P115T41D17093F757DT20040823162609.jpg

U610P115T41D17094F757DT20040823162609.jpg

U610P115T41D17095F757DT20040823162610.jpg

U610P115T41D17096F757DT20040823162611.jpg

U610P115T41D17097F757DT20040823162612.jpg

U610P115T41D17098F757DT20040823162612.jpg

From Olimario on Opa-Ages...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Korea's soon gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the games industry...

*must go get a GamePark soon!*

Shompola

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
You seriously aren't really making this comparison are you?

why not? not only is the art in this game utter shit, the technology behind rendering it is equally shit.

Joe

if the title of this thread was "magna carta for xbox" every post would have been about how bad the art is.

Culex

Banned
Joe said:
if the title of this thread was "magna carta for xbox" every post would have been about how bad the art is.

This isn't Sudeki art, where they (as in the artists) were trying to do some hybrid western/eastern style.

If this were on the Xbox, we'd all be harping how the game itself isn't much to look at.

Cloudy

Banned
Shompola said:
awful just awful. And people make fun of Sudeki yet praize this shit?

You've gotta be kidding me, dude. Sudeki's art is ass comapred to this, Hell, Sudeki's art is ass period :p

Any news on a US release?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Shompola said:
awful just awful. And people make fun of Sudeki yet praize this shit?

Even if you don't care for this style, I don't see how you could possibly think Sudeki looks BETTER.

From a tech standpoint, these guys aren't exactly top notch. The original PC game had a signifcantly worse looking engine with tons of major problems and bugs...

Sudeki is f*cking insulting to me as a gamer. They try to push this whole "sexual appeal" angle in all of the ads (and even the damn cover) and it fails in every way possible. It represents something that is wrong with the industry and it pisses me off. "Full frontal assault"? Pff...

You really think THIS looks better???

xbox_sudeki_screen002.jpg

I'm not necessarily a huge fan of how Magna Carta looks, but Sudeki's art design is absolutely TERRIBLE (in more ways that one). Come on, they basically stuck all the female characters is f*cking bathing suits...

F*ck, I should just insult you like you always seem to do to me (for no apparent reason)...then again, I'd rather not sink to that level.

Vieo

Hmm... the shades that guy is wearing are so small I doubt they would provide much protection from the sun.

Shouta

Bad graphics engine and loony in game art design. Character art is nice but the character designs are bleh. Hopefully they un-suck the game from the PC release.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
wtf shoes are they wearing in those arts ? You cannot walk with those stupid high-heels and crap.

Alex

Both games look like shit, both games have, actual drawing quality aside, shit concept art.

Arguing which is uglier is rather pointless in my opinion.

Failed attempts at trendy males, and failed attempts at wank material females. GAMERS LOSE.

U610P115T41D17094F757DT20040823162609.jpg

But no fear, CHICKEN GIRL WILL SAVE US.

Pimpbaa

Both have terrible in game art, although Sudeki is considerably worse. Worse thing about Magna Carta is the clothes on the characters, especially chicken girl.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Pimpbaa said:
Both have terrible in game art, although Sudeki is considerably worse. Worse thing about Magna Carta is the clothes on the characters, especially chicken girl.

Says the guy with bloodrayne as his avatar ;)

Pimpbaa

Doc Holliday said:
Says the guy with bloodrayne as his avatar ;)

Pffft, she is better than any character in either of those 2 games. If you mean clothes, she has better clothes too! It may be terribly impractical clothing, but at least she doesn't look like a chicken. Slut > Chicken

belgurdo

Banned
I just love how these "bad art" discussions always blossom into something big whenever a game's art doesn't look like the lolicon section of an image board

Pimpbaa

belgurdo said:
I just love how these "bad art" discussions always blossom into something big whenever a game's art doesn't look like the lolicon section of an image board

Who the hell in this thread said they wanted underaged looking chicks?

both games have shit art. Sudeki's is just bad. But the other game isn't much better with a guy looking like the bass player for a mid-90s grunge band as a character.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The ART is friggin' awesome. It doesn't translate as well as it should in-game, mostly due to the inferior engine they're using. That said, I still like that pic where she's crossing the rock bridge. Otherwise the game is kind of bland and generic looking. But the ART is just way too good for the game.

Sudeki just has terrible art direction all around. It looks bad in game, and the art is horrifically bad to boot. It's not even generic art like some other recent RPGs. It's just absolutely terrible. Being generic would be an improvement for Sudeki.

jiggle

Doom_Bringer said:
this is a PC port so....

This game is not a port of the PC version. New casts, new stories, and new codes? This was pointed out to me twice, so I've finally remembered. :)

Neways, I like how it looks. It could look better, of course. Not all games can be Final Fantasy.

Top Bottom