• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There are PlayStation fans who will buy almost any new product PlayStation puts out, says analyst

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
Ok, i thought you meant no manufactorers warranty at all. In Europe Sony and Nintendo have 1 year and Microsoft 2 years and then of course some retailers offer optional "warranty".

Under EU rules, a seller must repair, replace, or give you a full or partial refund if something you buy turns out to be faulty or doesn’t look or work as advertised. You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee, at no cost. However, national rules in your country may give you extra protection.

Malcolm9

Disc drive $80 extra.

Stand $30 extra.

Both are included with PS5 OG.

Giddy up and buy it up like an Apple adapter.
I had to buy a charger for my new Samsung S24 Ultra. They know where to make money these days, not just Sony.

Sign of the times really.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

You'd think they were selling this for $3,000. It's cheaper than an equivalent PC and significantly more powerful than any other console.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. But this is a bargain compared to the prices of Apple or other big-name electronics.
Stop being reasonable. You must show outrage and be angry it's not $500 for the Pro!

Kings Field

Life’s too short not to indulge in things you want. I’ve had the displeasure of seeing nothing but illness and death since I was 18 so maybe I’m an outlier.

You never know when your ticket will be punched so enjoy life.

Cornbread78

just like Apple fans
SCV56hJ.gif

Natsuko

You'd think they were selling this for $3,000. It's cheaper than an equivalent PC and significantly more powerful than any other console.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. But this is a bargain compared to the prices of Apple or other big-name electronics.

Unfortunately, Apple wants to sell things like smartphones and watches. You know, that stuff that people use all the time in their everyday lives? Daily companions? Not a premium video game console. Small but important difference. People are more willing to pay so much money for a mobile phone because they use it all the time. Quite apart from that, the desire to consume is declining, at least here. People don't want to buy a new iPhone every year, nor do they want to buy other stuff. We have an ongoing inflation. This is dampening people's mood to buy. The slowdown in inflation and in some cases even falling prices have done nothing to change the trend. Of course, the situation may be different in other countries. From what I've read in recent months it doesn't seem to be a problem that is restricted to our country. And the trend didn't just start with the war in Ukraine and the subsequent inflation. There was already a decline here in 2021 that we haven't seen for 70 years.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
Under EU rules, a seller must repair, replace, or give you a full or partial refund if something you buy turns out to be faulty or doesn’t look or work as advertised. You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee, at no cost. However, national rules in your country may give you extra protection.
It's confusing in Europe. Warranty is what maufactorers give you unsolicited. This is 1 year from Nintendo and Sony and 2 from Microsoft, Then you have the retailers guarantee which becomes useless after 1 year unless you buy from Amazon, because you have to prove that the product was already faulty when you bought it. You get these 2 years retailers guarantee on any product, also on PlayStation and Switch. Retailers also often sell warranties on their own up to 5 years, but that has nothing to do with the manufactorer.

Last edited:

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
It's confusing in Europe. Warranty is what maufactorers give you unsolicited. This is 1 year from Nintendo and Sony and 2 from Microsoft, Then you have the retailers guarantee which becomes useless after 1 year unless you buy from Amazon, because you have to prove that the product was already faulty when you bought it. You get these 2 years retailers guarantee on any product, also on PlayStation and Switch. Retailers also often sell warranties on their own up to 5 years, but that has nothing to do with the manufactorer.

You say it has nothing to do with the manufacturer but you have no idea what cut manufacturers get from selling the product in Europe.

You're assuming it is the same cut in the US, despite the clear price difference.

The money is coming from somewhere to provide that additional coverage and it is most certainly coming from the sale price.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
You say it has nothing to do with the manufacturer but you have no idea what cut manufacturers get from selling the product in Europe.

You're assuming it is the same cut in the US, despite the clear price difference.

The money is coming from somewhere to provide that additional coverage and it is most certainly coming from the sale price.
I am not talking about any cuts, i'm just saying, that there is a huge difference between manufactorers warranty and retailers guarantee. At first i thought in the US there is neither warranty nor guarantee without extra costs, that's why i asked.

I see MS outlets (basically all western mainstream media) has started their negative coverage about PS5 Pro.

Reminds me of this.

And the greatest quote ever because it ended up being a real product
Exactly. I am still waiting to here the same outlets give negative coverage about X1X. Still the same 30fps because of Jaguar? development teams that possibly wouldn't be able to properly use X1X because of cross-gen with X1 and PC? High price ($100 more than PS4 Pro)?

Mibu no ookami

Demoted Member® Pro™
I am not talking about any cuts, i'm just saying, that there is a huge difference between manufactorers warranty and retailers guarantee. At first i thought in the US there is neither warranty nor guarantee without extra costs, that's why i asked.

My point is that there are factors for why Europe pays higher prices and it isn't exclusive to the PS5 Pro.

Metnut

Some people will buy anything regardless of cost. I saw people on this forum brag about spending over $3K to scalp a 4090 and then try and justify their cost by mentioning how great every game looks on a 4090 in each game thread regardless of context.

At least the PS5Pro will play GTA6!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Exactly. I am still waiting to here the same outlets give negative coverage about X1X. Still the same 30fps because of Jaguar? development teams that possibly wouldn't be able to properly use X1X because of cross-gen with X1 and PC? High price ($100 more than PS4 Pro)?

Xbox One X launched at the same price the Xbox One launched at in 2013. Just like the PS4 Pro launched the same price PS4 did in 2013.

I see MS outlets (basically all western mainstream media) has started their negative coverage about PS5 Pro.

Oh .. that kind of an argument .. never mind :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Bernardougf

The bom shouldn't be too far off the og ps5. Wifi 7 small cost up. Memory is far cheaper than 2019 and covid times. Same for nvme. They went to 4nm so the die space shouldn't be much different in size to the 6nm in og ps5.

I'm stumbling to see the big cost up here for Sony. They were either losing a load on ps5 and have changed course or they are rinsing hardcore fans for the pro.
I think is both.. they were loosing at the ps5 and at the same time upped the margins on the pro and will test waters.

Top Bottom