• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magna Carta PS2 Screens

olimario

Banned
I had no idea this was coming to the PS2.

01.jpg
03.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
08.jpg
10.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
29.jpg
31.jpg
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg

Tabris said:
It does? Reminds me more of a darker FFX. Actually, kind of looks like FFXII also.

Yep it's closer to FFXII...From the screens it actually looks better. I wonder how good the animation is?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh wow, that looks so much better than the original PC game (which is a totally different game).

adam20

this looks great for ps2. i wish something like this was coming to the xbox. it just screams ''japan'' style rpg. I love the character designs. yum

adam20

wow I am officially going to call this the best looking ps2 game of all time. yes i am making a statement. not opinion. ultra fact. no one can say otherwize. :O

games like gt4 never impressed me. bland and pale like most ps2 games. this is art here. incredible. that girl in the first pic is holding some kind of munchkin. that in itself is priceless.

belgurdo

Banned
I still find it odd that everyone and their mother knows about Magna Carta PC from the art, but NOBODY talks about the gameplay. I hope someone actually imports this one and tells us about it.

jett

D-Member
Looks really good, and it does seem to look better than FFX/XII. At least it has accurate shadows at all times. :p

Belfast

Bizarro Sun Yat-sen said:
Is this still a Korean-developed game? The text is all in Japanese...

I think so, but its being tailored for a JP release and, hopefully, an eventual US one, too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
belgurdo said:
I still find it odd that everyone and their mother knows about Magna Carta PC from the art, but NOBODY talks about the gameplay. I hope someone actually imports this one and tells us about it.

Well, I played some Magna Carta and, quite frankly, I was unimpressed with the gameplay.

The visuals look very poor in motion, for starters. The animation is terrible and the performance was simply not very good at all. The actual game world seemed a bit dull and the battle system was not interesting to me (during the very short period of time that I was able to mess with it). Part of the problem is that I can not read any Korean and was unable to play the game properly (thankfully, this sequel is written in Japanese so I can now play it sometime).

Honestly, the only things that left any impact on me were the intro movie and the music (I also have the soundtrack).

I seriously hope this PS2 game ends up being decent...

Alex

It'd look like FFXI if FFXI had utterly abysmal art work. Sorry, you'll never be able to convince me that MC's character designs, espically the females, are worth piss. I'd even take Nomura over it any day of the week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I have a trailer for this on a Famitsu disc from a week or two ago. Basically all CG but still pretty cool. I hope it turns out well. It certainly is looking very nice.

olimario

Banned
MetatronM said:
Yeah, I have a trailer for this on a Famitsu disc from a week or two ago. Basically all CG but still pretty cool. I hope it turns out well. It certainly is looking very nice.

If you rip the trailer I'll try to host it.

Insertia

Wow, after seeing the screens I instantly knew it was based on that Korean art someone posted a while back. It's very faithful to the art, looks amazing too.

ferricide

my friend put a couple of hours into the PC version a couple years ago and came back intensely unimpressed with the gameplay. unbalanced, tedious, badly done transitions between areas, etc. apparently it initially had great sales in korea but they tapered off really quickly because of the gameplay sucking, too (he got this straight from the korean publisher's PR.)

hoping that the PS2 version has been rebalanced/had these things addressed. i am pretty sure it'll come out here, given how it looks.

jiggle

This looks so good. I don't care even if it plays like Beyond the Beyond, I'd still play thru the entire game just to see everything.

Zaptruder

Banned
Alex said:
It'd look like FFXI if FFXI had utterly abysmal art work. Sorry, you'll never be able to convince me that MC's character designs, espically the females, are worth piss. I'd even take Nomura over it any day of the week.

Bah... you just hate on androgynously and often overfeminized characters.

Given that... Magna Carta... and it's lead artist HTK is one of the best anime style artists around IMO. Although his designs with accessories are often overly extravagant, and takes away from the overall design.

Saw the trailer for this game (MC on PS2)... was looking pretty good... with a pretty decent animation system.

As for the gameplay... well... it might be good.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
i'm lost.

This is a Korean RPG?
Is it coming out in English?

jiggle

Suikoguy said:
i'm lost.

This is a Korean RPG?
Is it coming out in English?

Originally a PC game from a Korean developer.

They are porting this game to the PS2 for Japan(and Korea?) with added contents, and from I can tell, redesigned characters. No US localization announced yet.

Top Bottom