• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

Dimmle

the-lovers-2.jpg

After getting lost in the internet again I read that the Couple's Mask is a reference to THIS painting called "The Lovers" by Rene Magritte

God

Majora's Mask is the best

Muzy72

Banned
I don't think it really matters if they don't change the save system, because Sleep Mode essentially allows you to "save" any time.

OceanBlue

I don't think it really matters if they don't change the save system, because Sleep Mode essentially allows you to "save" any time.

I think what people are really worried about is save scumming.

Edit: Oh wait I see what you're saying lol. No reading comprehension.

Is anyone here willing to order me a copy of the Special Edition and ship it to me in Canada?

I will pay through PayPal for the item itself, shipping and a little extra for your trouble.

Ophelion

I've never played even one second of Majora's Mask before. When this game comes out, it will be like a brand new game for me. Most exciting.

javac

Ahhhhhhhm, why can't I get this delivered outside of the UK

That's how the Nintendo UK store rolls, I'm sure other stores around Europe will stock it soon. GAME seem to quiet on this, only linking to the regular game so perhaps it's Nintendo Store exclusive in the UK. GAME will send outside the UK if they stock it.

Jamix012

This post is so hilariously immature. It doesn't add difficulty and isn't integral at all to the dungeons.

I'm simply amused by the notion that you don't want it called "easy mode," even though that's exactly what it is.

So are you actually, like literally saying that more, "lower skilled", players wouldn't be able to beat the dungeons without the time limit. Because that's just flat out incorrect. Not that you'd have to be low skilled to prefer the mode with more time, but to suggest that removing a time limit is anything but removing part of the difficulty is hilarious.

pariah164

I never played the original version of Majora's Mask since I never owned the console. On the other hand, I was not very impressed with Ocarina of Time 3D. Got bored.

Not sure if want.

I'm simply amused by the notion that you don't want it called "easy mode," even though that's exactly what it is.

So are you actually, like literally saying that more, "lower skilled", players wouldn't be able to beat the dungeons without the time limit. Because that's just flat out incorrect. Not that you'd have to be low skilled to prefer the mode with more time, but to suggest that removing a time limit is anything but removing part of the difficulty is hilarious.

It's not easy mode, it's "not annoying mode." And you have yet to tell me WHY it's integral to dungeons and why it makes dungeons more difficult. "YOU HAVE TO DO IT FASSTTTERRR!!!!" isn't an excuse

Anfony O

Preordered the special edition. Ready to relive the memories and redeem the loss of my original limited edition cart ( which my mum threw away without me knowing)

Rich!

It's not easy mode, it's "not annoying mode." And you have yet to tell me WHY it's integral to dungeons and why it makes dungeons more difficult. "YOU HAVE TO DO IT FASSTTTERRR!!!!" isn't an excuse

So you want the fundamental basis that the game works on to be changed completely in order to satisfy your personal tastes?

You know, maybe the game isnt for you.

Christopher

I hope like Zelda OoT they do NOT mess with the soundtrack - it's perfection here.

Also to the haters, I don't think anyone necessarily says that Majora's Mask is BETTER than OoT...however it compliments it so well that it built off such an amazing game.

So you want the fundamental basis that the game works on to be changed completely in order to satisfy your personal tastes?

You know, maybe the game isnt for you.

As someone who loves the game and has beaten it many times, yes, it is for me.

But turning off the time limit in dungeons wouldn't do ANYTHING in changing the fundamental basis for the game. As it's not fundemental or important to the dungeons at all outside of adding an annoying element to it.

Jamix012

It's easy mode whether you like it or not. Having to do something faster is adding another layer of difficulty. Making a work of art is much easier if you have 20 years to do it instead of 5 minutes.

Now, why is it integral? Simple, the dungeons are designed around to be beaten in the 3 day time limit. Even if you're slow they even give you a "checkpoint" if you are too slow when you get the relevent dungeon item. You can essentially wind back time in the dungeons once you get the relevent arrow and return to exactly where you were. EG, stone Tower temple, you get the light arrow, you can instantly flip the dungeon over if you go back in time and essentially nothing has been lost other than fairies.

Majora's mask Is ALL about time management. "Should I go for the fairies now or try and finish up the quest for the postman's hat?" Having to choose between sidequests and dungeon exploration is an integral part to what makes Majora's mask enjoyable for many.

But turning off the time limit in dungeons wouldn't do ANYTHING in changing the fundamental basis for the game. As it's not fundemental or important to the dungeons at all outside of adding an annoying element to it.

Wrong, having to manage your time is part of the game's difficulty, design and appeal to many. Not for you? Maybe you'll get easy mode.
Again, the dungeons are all designed with your time constraints in mind. Part of the challenge is doing things in a lower time, but MM is pretty damn forgiving, especially if you know the reverse song of time and reset time before entering a dungeon (IE have good time management)

Rich!

Yes it would. It would ruin the flow of the entire game. Sorry. You will find very, very few fans of the game who agree with you.

I for one am glad Nintendo will likely have sense and keep it just as it was and should be.

OceanBlue

It's not integral to dungeons, it's integral to the objective of the time system which is one of the major gameplay components. One of the main ideas in the game is that you're on a deadline; you only have three days before the world ends. Exempting a very significant portion of the game from that concept undermines having a time system in the first place. That's the issue people are having with that suggestion.

It's easy mode whether you like it or not. Having to do something faster is adding another layer of difficulty. Making a work of art is much easier if you have 20 years to do it instead of 5 minutes.

Now, why is it integral? Simple, the dungeons are designed around to be beaten in the 3 day time limit. Even if you're slow they even give you a "checkpoint" if you are too slow when you get the relevent dungeon item. You can essentially wind back time in the dungeons once you get the relevent arrow and return to exactly where you were. EG, stone Tower temple, you get the light arrow, you can instantly flip the dungeon over if you go back in time and essentially nothing has been lost other than fairies.

Majora's mask Is ALL about time management. "Should I go for the fairies now or try and finish up the quest for the postman's hat?" Having to choose between sidequests and dungeon exploration is an integral part to what makes Majora's mask enjoyable for many.

So what you're saying is that it doesn't add any difficulty and just makes the dungeons more annoying. Thanks for agreeing.

Please add Not Annoying Mode to Majora's Mask 3D please.

Joqu

That's how the Nintendo UK store rolls, I'm sure other stores around Europe will stock it soon. GAME seem to quiet on this, only linking to the regular game so perhaps it's Nintendo Store exclusive in the UK. GAME will send outside the UK if they stock it.

Wait, I thought GAME didn't ship limited editions outside of the UK? From what I've been told they'll always cancel your order and give you the weight of the product as their excuse, even if it's far below the maximum.

KarmaCow

This post is so hilariously immature. It doesn't add difficulty and isn't integral at all to the dungeons.

It doesn't add to the difficulty or even as pressure to keep moving with how much time you have with the Song of Inverted Time but do think the game loses something if the ever present timer ticking down is paused. The moon always crashing down on Termina adds to the atmosphere moreso than it being actual timer.

I'm not vehemently opposed to the idea since it would be an option at best but I do think it would diminsh the game. It's kinda like asking for manual saves in Dark Souls instead of the constant auto saves locking in your decisions.

Christopher

So what you're saying is that it doesn't add any difficulty and just makes the dungeons more annoying. Thanks for agreeing.

I don't see what you're arguing about, don't buy the game, simple - don't waste your keystrokes.

The time limit rocks, gives you the impending doom element that the game has - makes you feel like there's a purpose to finish.

I got this game when I was ..uhhh 12? I never had an issue.

Would you rather "Silly baby mode"? Of course it adds difficulty and is an integral part of the game.

Just a few pages ago I was told it doesn't add difficulty.

If you use the inverted song of time, you have three real life hours. That's more than enough to do the dungeon and any sidequests. Ever since I got the game in 2000 (as a 11 year old), I've never once ran out of time during a dungeon. Ever.

Jamix012

Makes it more annoying for you. Let's call it "Easy mode, except for NeoGAF user Tempesta di Fuoco for whom it is not-annoying mode"

I don't understand your complaints, you're literally complaining about naming something "easy mode." It's a great compromise for those who'd rather have it that way and no one other than you seems to be arguing that the difficulty isn't made easier without dungeon time limits.

Just a few pages ago I was told it doesn't add difficulty.

Ok, scratch that, two people. The dungeons would be way too easy without a time limit, the time limit adds to the sense of urgency and doing things faster makes things more challenging for those doing the game the first time. Just because it's already forgiving doesn't mean it doesn't make it even easier by removing the time limit.

It doesn't add to the difficulty or even as pressure to keep moving with how much time you have with the Song of Inverted Time but do think the game loses something if the ever present timer ticking down is paused. The moon always crashing down on Termina adds to the atmosphere moreso than it being actual timer.

I'm not vehemently opposed to the idea since it would be an option at best but I do think it would diminsh the game. It's kinda like asking for manual saves in Dark Souls instead of the constant auto saves locking in your decisions.

It definitely adds to the atmosphere, but in terms of gameplay, it adds nothing but annoyance to the dungeons in terms of actual gameplay. Especially considering the dungeons are not all that great in the first place and just getting them 100% over with first go would be a godsend for a game whose true strength lies within everything outside the dungeons.

Christopher

It definitely adds to the atmosphere, but in terms of gameplay, it adds nothing but annoyance to the dungeons in terms of actual gameplay. Especially considering the dungeons are not all that great in the first place and just getting them 100% over with first go would be a godsend for a game whose true strength lies within everything outside the dungeons.

That's the only point it's trying to do, and succeeds greatly.

Makes it more annoying for you. Let's call it "Easy mode, except for NeoGAF user Tempesta di Fuoco for whom it is not-annoying mode"

I don't understand your complaints, you're literally complaining about naming something "easy mode." It's a great compromise for those who'd rather have it that way and no one other than you seems to be arguing that the difficulty isn't made easier without dungeon time limits.

Him going out of his way to oversimplify what you explained should be enough for you to understand that he's not worth arguing with and is just being obnoxious.

LaneDS

If such an "easy mode" were introduced to the game, I think a good compromise would be to make the amount of time you have longer. Instead of three hours, you get three and a half or four. Something to that effect. Gives the less skilled/dedicated/motivated/whatever players more time but doesn't completely remove that sense of impending dread that the game designers want you to have.

Again, since people are touchy in here, I'm fine with the game as is and am just spitballing game design ideas here.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Removing the need for time management would be easy mode.
Stop being deliberately obtuse.

And kill all the sidequests. Do people not realise just how much extra time you get by playing the Reverse song of Time? Or that you can use the owl statues to save?

That's the only point it's trying to do, and succeeds greatly.

Exactly, and yet people are trying to convince me it actually adds to the difficulty and is integral to the gameplay.

Which it's not. And as someone who prefers gameplay over atmosphere, the atmosphere means jackshit to me if I just get annoyed by the dungeon time limit.

Top Bottom