• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask 3DS announced!

G.ZZZ

The hero of time had it the shittiest really. A third entry to resolve his history would be really appreciated, to know what happened after he come back from termina, how he become a ghost, and if he at least get something good in his life after all the shit he got ;_;

But really, when OoT end, he should reunite with Zelda once more, even if he left her because she didn't remember what he did.

Something like The Legend of Zelda: The hero of Time, where link discover the endless cycle of the triforce of power/courage/wisdom, and then free Ganondorf to take up its triforce of power, complete the triforce once more and close the cycle, but obviously fail because you can't wish for something that require more power than Shenron and then you go to namekk to get the original dragon balls.

We need a sequel to MM completing the Hero of Time trilogy (and called Ocarina of Time 2 so they make serious bank -- think of how the Lords of Shadow trilogy named its entries), and in it Link can lose an eye and become grizzled and wear an eye-patch because reasons
Ahahaha, no.

If you go the way of the eye-patch then it'll never happen.

Ever.

Violence in Zelda, like the real violence, is psychological, take Majora Mask for an example, they'll never portray facial scarring or anything like that.

Verger

Banned
It is pretty much a given that they are not going to upgrade the music, as they did with OOT 3D, right?

I really hate that decision. I know they said "it's about nostalgia", but to me it seems more like cost-cutting.

Neiteio

Isn't there Majora's Mask DLC coming out for Hyrule Warriors, with two characters? I wonder which two characters they'll pick -- probably the Skull Kid, but who else? Also, when does that DLC come out? I wonder if it'll come out around the same time as MM3D.

zeldablue

Isn't there Majora's Mask DLC coming out for Hyrule Warriors, with two characters? I wonder which two characters they'll pick -- probably the Skull Kid, but who else? Also, when does that DLC come out? I wonder if it'll come out around the same time as MM3D.

I want the Happy Mask Salesmen or Fierce Deity Link.

But I know it's going to be Tingle...just watch. :\

Neiteio

Ahahaha, no.

If you go the way of the eye-patch then it'll never happen.

Ever.

Violence in Zelda, like the real violence, is psychological, take Majora Mask for an example, they'll never portray facial scarring or anything like that.
Just saw your edit. You took an MGS3 joke a bit too literally.

Although, I will say, Ganondorf sports a huge scar on his chest from being impaled in TP. They even feature the scar in Smash Bros.

So physical disfigurement is not off the table for Zelda. :-O

I want the Happy Mask Salesmen or Fierce Deity Link.

But I know it's going to be Tingle...just watch. :\

Crediars Twitter showed that there was Tingle files in the game so I assume that is one of the more likely character to appear.

And I would love to see another Zelda game with the hero of time again just to close it up, maybe with him actually learning those moves he teaches you.

zeldablue

I feel like they'd screw up a "trilogy."

It would have to stay away from Hyrule and Termina if there was a third Hero of Time game. Otherwise they'd probably get caught up on trying to make everything make sense before Twilight Princess.

If Koizumi comes back, then please let it happen. Otherwise...don't touch it.

Neiteio

I feel like they'd screw up a "trilogy."

It would have to stay away from Hyrule and Termina if there was a third Hero of Time game. Otherwise they'd probably get caught up on trying to make everything make sense before Twilight Princess.

If Koizumi comes back, then please let it happen. Otherwise...don't touch it.
I'd want a third game to be in an all-new land. Another oddball title like MM. And then at the end Link finds Navi and heads back to Hyrule, older and wiser. And they just leave it at that. Since MM was all about child Link, a third title could be all about adult Link. Would be nice to have a new game in the (remastered) N64 style.

Anth0ny

Yeah, I'd like some Koizumi involvement if they're going to do a part 3 to the Hero of Time saga.

I can't see it ever happening, though.

zeldablue

Doesn't Byrne in Spirit Tracks have a cool scar?

Link can't have an eye scar...he's suppose to be a happy Nintendo character. :\

All about dat silver lining, which in this case is being a badass glowy-eyed skeleton warrior with a sweet spirit-wolf form
Wolf form is there because Twilight Princess "wolf" was initially the hero of time:

Aonuma: In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power...

(...)

By the way, the wolf transformation idea started some three years ago in the GDC, when we were thinking of what we should do with the next Zelda game. I woke up in my hotel in San Francisco completely disoriented, like if I had lost my memory. Some seconds later I remembered I was in the US to give a speech at the GDC; maybe it was because of the stress (laughs). I then thought how surprising it’d be if in the next Zelda game Link started off being imprisoned, or turned into a wolf.

Back then we considered making it the sequel of Ocarina of Time, some years later… But then we thought of the first-time players, who wouldn’t understand a thing if you started as a wolf, so we changed it and had human Link from the start.
Source: http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173582355

(and ultimately, thought of first time players better and axed the OoT sequel part)

First paragraph on the quote is included because it's clearly the end of the Hero of Time trilogy being kept safe in the storyline, the following parts tell us that, that first trailer was effectively another game than the one we got, and... namely "OoT 2 or 3", or whatever we want to call it.

If we have any chance of it ever happening it's either now on the 3DS or if Koizumi ever regains the Zelda franchise.

Then again, there are probably more than a few reasons they didn't go through with it the last time they tried, first reason was "first time players" and plot containing a heavy OoT continuity, but there are other factors that made it daunting, first off Majora Mask was a side story (gaiden) hence could afford to be a smaller more contained game. From the moment you're doing a sequel to OoT years later and with adult link again, though, you don't have that luxury, hence those sunset battles we were seeing that are not in the final game.

I'd wager the 3DS is not the best home for said game if it wants to get ambitious, as it should.

Anyway, eyepatch is a no-no, won't happen. And chances of a Hero of Time conclusion arc are dim... Sadly!
Doesn't Byrne in Spirit Tracks have a cool scar?
Secondary character.

If this was a Kojima franchise, you could count on Link loosing an eye, dying of old age at 25, and the triforce of courage and the green tunic would be inherited by transplanting an arm. And Tingle would be that recurring character that shits himself, but in the end marries Zelda. But thankfully this isn't his. *knocks on wood*

watershed

Banned
It is pretty much a given that they are not going to upgrade the music, as they did with OOT 3D, right?

I really hate that decision. I know they said "it's about nostalgia", but to me it seems more like cost-cutting.
They did improve the soundtrack in OoT3d. They cleaned up the audio quality in most cases and recorded a bit of new music for the end credits and Lon Lon Ranch, I think. MM will likely see similar improvements.

Neiteio

Yeah, I'd like some Koizumi involvement if they're going to do a part 3 to the Hero of Time saga.

I can't see it ever happening, though.
I don't see a Part 3 being the starting point -- that's not how they design Zelda games -- but it's possible they could design a cool new Zelda title, look at it and say, "Hey, let's set this right after MM, just for the fans." It wouldn't be the point of the game, but it'd be a nice connection appreciated by the Zelda enthusiasts. :)

Imagine how hype it'd be if MM3D had a post-game teaser for an "OoT2." The impact on the gaming community would be greater than the moon crashing into Termina. :p

Rich!

I cant see nintendo doing a OOT 2 it doesn't fit there style

Not their style? What was Link Between Worlds then?

Link between worlds' japanese name is The Legend of Zelda: The Triforce of the Gods 2, which means it is Link to the Past 2.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It apparently depends on your GameCube. Newer revisions (and the one found in the Wii) don't appear to have the freezing or sound-skipping issues.

I have to try this in my Wii then. Just to check. I read that Majora on the CE was slower overall but for me it was mostly faster and rarely any sound hickups, there was the occasional crash, however. I had one of the Mario Sunshine bundle units.

Neiteio

I have to try this in my Wii then. Just to check. I read that Majora on the CE was slower overall but for me it was mostly faster and rarely any sound hickups, there was the occasional crash, however. I had one of the Mario Sunshine bundle units.
Others have since said they experienced CE glitches on Wii, so there goes the motherboard revision theory

Anth0ny

I think Ocarina of Time 2 will absolutely happen at some point.

I just doubt we'd be playing as Hero of Time Link. It would be like Link Between Worlds was to Link to the Past.

Heroman

Banned
Not their style? What was Link Between Worlds then?

Link between worlds' japanese name is The Legend of Zelda: The Triforce of the Gods 2, which means it is Link to the Past 2.

Every zelda sequel since MM has been b tier/handheld zelda games. For them to do a OOT2 it would have to a console game and that doesnt fit their MO>

I cant see nintendo doing a OOT 2 it doesn't fit there style
TP was OoT 2 for them, in fact it started of as being exactly that.

They could go through with it, issue for them really is the fact that they have to build momentum on top of a game who had plenty of it - acclaim too. A sequel to OoT has to trump it in scale and delivery. If it is set in Hyrule then has to feel like a crescendo in regards to OoT.

And Nintendo (or should I say Aonuma) is usually shy of going that way. And Miyamoto is shy of letting story stockpile (poor Koizumi).

Then there's the issue of being a sequel set only years apart - they have to use a familiar overworld map (like A Link Between Times did in relation to A Link to the Past) and that kinda sucks because they can't make it too similar either.

All in all there's more of one reason it's not happening, but it's a shame because there's clearly more story to be told there

Rich!

Others have since said they experienced CE glitches on Wii, so there goes the motherboard revision theory

Motherboard differences would have nothing to do with it anyway, otherwise we would have tonnes of games performing worse on various revisions.

Its crappy emulation and its pure pot luck whether it will work fine or not. Nintendo rushed it and didn't really give a shit as it was for a free collection explicitly given out as "NOT FOR RESALE".

JoBo4

Neo Member
Oh, yeah about 5 years ago in HS I made Majora's Mask in my art class

img_1119-jpg.94349

^that was my art teacher's hand, not mine lol

jhLVc5o.jpg

^unfinished painted product. My teacher told me it looked fine, but i said it wasn't perfect yet (still some uncolored portions). I put it in the furnace again and it broke

posted full album on reddit but didn't get many upvotes, so i'll post it here.
gsNJa.jpg

I used acryllic paint and a furnace thing to make it look all shiny. After a few touch ups, I wanted to put it back into the the furnace....but it came out like this. Needless to say I was depressed. But I didn't give up.

u1R4O.jpg

I used gorilla glue to fix it back up, and here's how it looks like today. I'm more or less satisfied with how it looks! :)

He grew up as an outcast in his village, is forced on a quest by his dying surrogate father, is engaged to a fish, had 7 years of his life taken on arbitrary rules that ONLY apply to him, finds out he was lied to all his life right after his best friend is effectively dead, is sent back in time in a vain attempt to reclaim his childhood, abandoned by his fairy companion with no reason given, and finally falls down the rabbit hole into Crazyville.

Hero of Time gets the short end of the stick.

Damn, shit's getting me depressed just thinking about it. Mind sadblown :(

Heroman

Banned
TP was OoT 2 for them, in fact it started of as being exactly that.

They could go through with it, issue for them really is the fact that they have to build momentum on top of a game who had plenty of it - acclaim too. A sequel to OoT has to trump it in scale and delivery. If it is set in Hyrule then has to feel like a crescendo in regards to OoT.

And Nintendo (or should I say Aonuma) is usually shy of going that way.

Then there's the issue of being a sequel set only years apart - they have to use a familiar overworld map (like A Link Between Times did in relation to A Link to the Past).

You wouldnt be able to do a ALBW style oot2, that Overworld would have to be comply overhauled and changed.

Neiteio

Then there's the issue of being a sequel set only years apart - they have to use a familiar overworld map (like A Link Between Times did in relation to A Link to the Past).
They don't -have- to do anything. If they wanted to make an OoT2 -- for reasons meaningful or market-driven -- they could revisit the same world as OoT1, or they could set it in an entirely new world. They could depict Link one way, or another. They could do whatever, because it's an ever-evolving series. It's narrow-minded to say they could only design/depict things in certain ways. There was a time in the Zelda fandom when the idea of a title predating OoT would've been laughed at. Likewise for a title revisiting the world of ALttP. Or going from realistic graphics to toon graphics. Or controlling the game entirely with a stylus. And so on.

You wouldnt be able to do a ALBW style oot2, that Overworld would have to be comply overhauled and changed.
I don't think so either.

But being set 7 years after OoT (probability of that being 90%) the overworld has to be familiar enough, you have to place Lost Woods, Kakariko Village, Death Mountain, Lon Lon Ranch, Zora Domain, Lake Hylia, etc in the same places.

One way to do it is doing something between OoT and TP in regards to map (and confirming the TP map theories in the process - if I recall correctly, Ordon being old Hyrule, as illustrated by the fact that Temple of Time remains there and not next to the new Hyrule town, that and the fact there's two Kakariko Villages, one new, one abandoned, so stuff changed locations)

That and expandind the map further, more territory.

But it has to feel familiar still.

That's freaking hard to do.

They don't -have- to do anything. If they wanted to make an OoT2 -- for reasons meaningful or market-driven -- they could revisit the same world as OoT1, or they could set it in an entirely new world. They could depict Link one way, or another. They could do whatever, because it's an ever-evolving series. It's narrow-minded to say they could only design/depict things in certain ways. There was a time in the Zelda fandom when the idea of a title predating OoT would've been laughed at. Likewise for a title revisiting the world of ALttP. Or going from realistic graphics to toon graphics. Or controlling the game entirely with a stylus. And so on.
You're spreading this too thin. Or rather expanding the topic too much, stylus and what would be laughable years ago is besides the point, plus... was it? let's not even go there.

Fact is there are/were internal ideas for OoT and these are not so secret - if anything that cutscene in the middle of TP is "it", that's OoT2 events, they didn't nuke that scenario, they left space for it, but they clearly have an idea of what took place.

And look at that really ambitious E3 2004 trailer, where nothing beyond engine and some gameplay mechanics transited to the final game and you know for a fact that stuff was scrapped, some reused in forceful ways too (that fire temple boss transformation...) but mostly it has nothing to do with the final game. That game surely felt more like OoT, or should I say a OoT sequel.

Anyway, overworld map can't be kept, but the OoT map has to be a strong reference, stuff have to be in the same places, in relation to each other as not enough years have gone by to be able to justify that, but you can change lots of little things drastically. It's not like A Link Between Worlds, but it's not like the OoT to TP difference either, it can't.

And that's also an issue, because instead of a clean state they have to strike for a balance, and trust me, they have.
(I'd also nominate Skyloft in terms of Zelda towns only, but I know that's likely a controversial choice.)
Clearly the best since Majora Mask, but with TP no-show (hyrule town was one of the last things to be done) that's not saying much.

The day night cycle was damn weird, a lot of mechanics in SS have been done better elsewhere, I think it hurt it somewhat. Everytime you want to do something that worked perfectly on some other Zelda and you can't I think it hurts games. They've been running away from musical instruments being a requirement since OoT/MM... WW (although WW was also the start of it), that's a mistake going by the amount of things you could do before and now can't.

They should have kept every song in every game if anything like an easter egg, but keeping an Ocarina or something as a series staple no less.

Anyway, skyloft should have had a "automatic" day night cycle.

They don't -have- to do anything. If they wanted to make an OoT2 -- for reasons meaningful or market-driven -- they could revisit the same world as OoT1, or they could set it in an entirely new world. They could depict Link one way, or another. They could do whatever, because it's an ever-evolving series.

They could do whatever, but that doesn't mean their customers' tastes will evolve to suit what they want to do.

Tookay

The hero of time had it the shittiest really. A third entry to resolve his history would be really appreciated, to know what happened after he come back from termina, how he become a ghost, and if he at least get something good in his life after all the shit he got ;_;

But really, when OoT end, he should reunite with Zelda once more, even if he left her because she didn't remember what he did.

Something like The Legend of Zelda: The hero of Time, where link discover the endless cycle of the triforce of power/courage/wisdom, and then free Ganondorf to take up its triforce of power, complete the triforce once more and close the cycle, but obviously fail because you can't wish for something that require more power than Shenron and then you go to namekk to get the original dragon balls.

He did, in the last cutscene, to tell her everything that happened.

That's why Ganondorf is executed in the backstory of Twilight Princess.

G.ZZZ

Yes what i meant is that he shouldn't have left after that. In MM he's alone again, presumably because he don't feel like he fit in the world as it is now.

zeldablue

Space World 2000 happened 14 years ago...

And I'm still basically asking for it...wtf. xD

Also Aonuma doesn't have much love for OoT or realistic Zelda. You'd have to pry the series from him to get that title that you want.

Pause there for a second.

You have two kids Link and Zelda, they meet for the first time and the Princess knows Ganon is evil, but her father won't listen to her because she's a child and the man from the desert has come in peace. So they plot together, as the children they are.

Link actually opens the sacred realm for Ganon, get's inside and is sealed because he can't wield the master sword - 7 years go by, rest of the game ensues, Ganon is sealed in the OoT adult ending - Wind Waker timeline, Adult Zelda has to stay there because she lived those 7 years but Link doesn't belong there (because he was stolen those 7 years) so knowing that's the condemned reality from the moment the Hero of legend ceases to exist (because hint hint ganon will come undone) she sends Link back to save the other timeline.

So... Link meets child Zelda again, but what for her is their first meeting, for him isn't. But he's still a child and like 7 years prior there's not much he can do at that stage, nor her. No chance Ganon get's executed then because two kids say he's done this and tht, and for seemingly nothing too (minority report style, "you'll commit a crime so you're going to be executed"). What Link can do is not opening the sacred realm and that'll delay Ganondorf's plans, but shit has got to go down again - eventually.

Whatever narrative Nintendo over-lined in simplistic ways doesn't work, not with both of them as kids - also doesn't match with Majora Mask overtone, it can work if 7 years went by though.

Tookay

Fact is there are/were internal ideas for OoT and these are not so secret - if anything that cutscene in the middle of TP is "it", that's OoT2 events, they didn't nuke that scenario, they left space for it, but they clearly have an idea of what took place.

And look at that really ambitious E3 2004 trailer, where nothing beyond engine and some gameplay mechanics transited to the final game and you know for a fact that stuff was scrapped, some reused in forceful ways too (that fire temple boss transformation...) but mostly it has nothing to do with the final game. That game surely felt more like OoT, or should I say a OoT sequel.

I think you're transforming the E3 2004 trailer into something it wasn't. There was a lot more than the "engine and some gameplay mechanics" that made it into the final game. The whole combat system, horseback fighting, Bokoblin designs, bosses, and even most of the locations from the trailer are still there.

I'm not sure how that glimpse of the game looked any closer to OoT or an OoT sequel other than it looked "dark" and "epic," which is what fanboys convinced themselves OoT2 would be. I'm also not sure how it was "really ambitious" in a way TP wasn't.

Everybody thinks they got screwed out of some "epic" dream game by the final version of TP that only existed in their heads.

G.ZZZ

You have two kids Link and Zelda, they meet for the first time and the Princess knows Ganon is evil, but her father won't listen to her because she's a child and the man from the desert has come in peace. So they plot together, as the children they are.

Link actually opens the sacred realm for Ganon, get's inside and is sealed because he can't wield the master sword - 7 years go by, rest of the game ensues, Ganon is sealed in the OoT adult ending - Wind Waker timeline, Adult Zelda has to stay there because she lived those 7 years but Link doesn't belong there (because he was stolen those 7 years) so knowing that's the condemned reality from the moment the Hero of legend ceases to exist (because hint hint ganon will come undone) she sends Link back to save the other timeline.

So... Link meets child Zelda again, but what for her is their first meeting, for him isn't. But he's still a child and like 7 years prior there's not much he can do at that stage, nor her. No chance Ganon get's executed then because two kids say he's done this and tht, and for seemingly nothing too (minority report style, "you'll commit a crime so you're going to be executed"). What Link can do is not opening the sacred realm and that'll delay Ganondorf's plans, but shit has got to go down again - eventually.

Whatever narrative Nintendo over-lined in simplistic ways doesn't work, not with both of them as kids.

Yeah, i feel like Link went around MM as a drunkard because the princess couldn't do anything anyway, he just sealed the sacred realm so Ganon couldn't get the triforce of power, but the world still shitty. I guess after MM he come back to hyrule, get older, and then defeat Ganondorf as an adult while he's become the king of Hyrule and opened the sacred realm anyway.

Tookay

Link actually opens the sacred realm for Ganon, get's inside and is sealed because he can't wield the master sword - 7 years go by, rest of the game ensues, Ganon is sealed in the Wind Waker timeline, Adult Zelda has to stay there because she lived those 7 years but Link doesn't belong there (because he didn't live those 7 years) so knowing that's the condemned reality from the moment the hero is gone (because hint hint ganon will come undone) she sends Link back to save the other timeline.

So... Link meets child Zelda again, but what for her is their first meeting, for him isn't. But he's still a child and like 7 years prior there's not much he can do at that stage, nor her.

Whatever narrative Nintendo over-lined in simplistic ways doesn't work, not with both of them as kids.

He has the crest of the Triforce now at the end of OoT though, so he has some credibility finally.

Plus, Ganon has actually gotten the Deku Tree killed at the end, poisoned Jabu-Jabu, etc., so they now have evidence that Link can bring up in the first meeting with Zelda that he didn't have before.

Also, it seems to me from Aonuma's interview that Ganon was executed "because he could do something outrageous," not that he DID something outrageous. That suggets he hadn't done anything (beyond what he already did to get the sacred stones) before he's found out. It also indicates that there isn't much more story that's left to tell, because they pre-emptively get him investigated and killed, and nobody in TP (besides the sages) even knows who he is.

"Buy majoras mask for 3ds and transfer all masks into Zelda wii u three years later!"

MM music though. ... can't wait to play through and listen to it again

I think you're transforming the E3 2004 trailer into something it wasn't. There was a lot more than the "engine and some gameplay mechanics" that made it into the final game. The whole combat system, horseback fighting, Bokoblin designs, bosses, and even most of the locations from the trailer are still there.

I'm not sure how that glimpse of the game looked any closer to OoT or an OoT sequel other than it looked "dark" and "epic," which is what fanboys convinced themselves OoT2 would be. I'm also not sure how it was "really ambitious" in a way TP wasn't.

Everybody thinks they got screwed out of some "epic" dream game by the final version of TP that only existed in their heads.
Not so sure about "everybody" here.

Sure, they clearly didn't scrap a game and went all the way back - but there was a clear shift nonetheless, and plenty of good scrapped work.

The sunset battle against Bokoblin's is not in the game even if they kept them in, like Fi their original scope in the story seems reduced. Bokoblins were a huge deal, they aren't in the final game.

Pretty much all the original scenarios shown are also missing and these scenarios looked more like OoT 2 than they did in the end (no doubt due to the lack of bloom, Twilight Realm not being in yet but that's not all, it's down to overall design). That boss they've shown in that trailer looked really out of place too, clearly repropositioned.

There's not a long lost OoT2, but at some point that was actually coming together, before development switched. And that game was NOT Zelda TP.

That's my sole point.

He has the crest of the Triforce now at the end of OoT though, so he has some credibility finally.
Hardly. Plenty of heroes in this series were born with it and they weren't exactly taken to the castle and treated as royalty. Doesn't change the fact he's no hero in this timeline (and a child), at least yet.

Hell, the TP Cowboy Link was born with it and his credibility was limited to being good at handling life stock. Some credibility to have someone killed.
Plus, Ganon has actually gotten the Deku Tree killed at the end, poisoned Jabu-Jabu, etc., so they now have evidence that Link can bring up in the first meeting with Zelda that he didn't have before.
Might be so, but I think it could never go like that.

He's the king of the Gerudos, you can't exactly capture him and not expect some kind of war. The story Nintendo told is simplistic and in nothing detracts from a better story being told to reach that conclusion.

Plus, they didn't show Link or Zelda in that execution, so we don't know how many years went by.
Also, it seems to me from Aonuma's interview that Ganon was executed "because he could do something outrageous," not that he DID something outrageous. That suggets he hadn't done anything (beyond what he already did to get the sacred stones) before he's found out. It also indicates that there isn't much more story that's left to tell, because they pre-emptively get him investigated and killed, and nobody in TP (besides the sages) even knows who he is.
In the beggining of Zelda games nobody knows who the hell Ganon is, that's a staple.

Your reading of his quote is correct though. But things change and they should, I do believe there's a better story to be told and space for it to happen.

This is semantics, what has been said, they can walk around it, "something ultrageous" would be trying to acquire the triforce time and time again, clearly.

Tookay

Hardly. Plenty of heroes in this series were born with it and they weren't exactly taken to the castle and treated as royalty. Doesn't change the fact he's no hero in this timeline (and a child), at least yet.

Hell, the TP Cowboy Link was born with it and his credibility was limited to being good at handling life stock. Some credibility to have someone killed.Might be so, but I think it could never go like that.

I'm struggling to think of times the crest manifested itself.

LoZ/AoL Link has the crest appear and is implored by Impa to save the sleeping Zelda. Granted, he's already a hero after LoZ, but Impa understands the crest's importance.

OoT Link only has it appear at the end, when he confronts Ganon. Interestingly it is STILL visible when he returns to his original timeline to speak with Zelda in the courtyard - an important detail I think they kept for a good reason.

TWW Link has it appear when he reassembles the Triforce.

TP Link doesn't have it visible on the farm; it only reveals itself once he's dragged into the Twilight Realm, and by that time, Hyrule's already conquered by Zant, so nobody is going to "treat him like royalty" at that point. (Not to mention Ordon is a neighboring province, so maybe they don't understand the significance of the Triforce.)

SS Link has his crest appear as he forges the Master Sword and gets the Triforce, at a point he is already recognized.

Sure, some heroes are "born with it," but I can't think of a single game where the mark was both clearly visible and the hero or the world was in position to do something about it, the way it is at the end of OoT.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Well that makes more sense, I read that the main issue with Majora on the CE was the fact that Nintendo kinda took the N64 emulator running Ocarina and shoved Majora in it. Hence it didn't emulate the expansion pak properly (or at all), which is why it's so crash prone. Kinda reminds me of how DK64 only needed the expansion pak to avoid similar crashes :lol.

Pyrokai

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys are talking about Ganondorf's execution because today at work I was TOTALLY thinking about EXACTLY that and also making a "Zelda Timeline" thread specifically to discuss this because it's been bothering me.

First, I LOVE talking Zelda timeline, even though I'm not too good with it. I don't care what anyone says! But I don't think about it enough to constantly remember everything so I have to relearn it every so many years. Anyway, just yesterday I finished The Wind Waker HD and I'm swirling with questions...but mostly not about the timeline WW is in, haha.

So, let me say some things and you guys can correct me if I'm wrong and answer my questions, too. Spoilers for Twilight Princess.

Focusing on the "Child Timeline" from which the OoT events never actually took place, I got to wondering what they did with Ganondorf. Then I remembered about the Sages and the execution, which was actually a FAILED execution, right?. He actually ended up killing one of the Sages before they sealed him away in the Twilight Realm in a haste to do something. So (and correct me if I'm wrong on this first part about the Adult Timeline), but this means rather than being sealed in the Dark World/Sacred Realm like in the Adult Timeline, he's sealed in the Twilight Realm. He's sealed away in both timelines, right? Just....in one he managed to devastate Hyrule for 7 years.

My big question and the thing that confuses me are those Sages.......who are they? If these events took place just a few years later, wouldn't they HAVE to be the Sages we know by name? Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Impa, Zelda, Rauru, and Nabooru? How can that possibly happen if he never awakened them in this timeline...?

And while all this is happening or slightly before or after it did, we are to assume Link's events in Termina transpire, right?

Also, why wouldn't Midna be mad as FUCK at the Sages' actions to shove Ganon into her realm and left to take it over?

Can you guys help me out? I'm strictly focusing on the Child Timeline here. One at a time, lol

zeldablue

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you guys are talking about Ganondorf's execution because today at work I was TOTALLY thinking about EXACTLY that and also making a "Zelda Timeline" thread specifically to discuss this because it's been bothering me.

You got some TP spoilers in there...

Midna was pretty PO'd. And the sages in TP are not the ones Link awoke in the adult timeline. Saria, Darunia, Ruto, Impa, Nabooru and Rauru weren't needed in the Child's timeline. The sages in TP seem to be more like arbiters/executioners anyways.

OoT/MM Link didn't interfere with Ganondorf in the Child's timeline. I think he learned his lesson and let everyone else handle the problem after he fudged the Adult Timeline. >__>

Top Bottom