• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
640x351.jpg

This is a tweet from the seperatist leader boasting about how they shot down a (military) plane. I don't know if this is legit or not. Could be fake, I have no idea
you do realize that other (military) planes have been downed in the last few days... right?

edit: seems the post shows pictures of today's crash... if so, disregard my post.

Pentagon confirming via @CNN crashed #MH17 Malaysian Airlines jet WAS shot by a missile originating from #Russia.

Hayes Brown ‏@HayesBrown 7m

! RT @Galrahn: 20 minutes ago my Pentagon source suggested missile originated from Russian territory. I think that may become official soon.

sourcing

jmdajr

So I went to TMZ, I don't know...I just wondered if they had scoops. I figured they couldn't have anything. Just curious.

wrong :\

0717-jason-biggs-tweets-4.jpg

Ding II

is there even consequences for shit like this? Or can Russia shoot down planes freely?
You're typically allowed one per decade. They'll be fine.

More seriously, there's no evidence that the shoot down was performed by Russian nationals, and common sense says that there's zero reason for them to want to do such a thing. In all likelihood, this was a tragic mistake made in the fog of "war". Just like every other airliner shoot down has been throughout history. Russia deserves some extra blame for setting up the circumstances that prevail in that part of the world today, but that's not quite the same as them suddenly declaring it to be open season on civilian transports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom